Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oda heard the term "hourglass figure" once and misunderstood what it meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I think I like Perona's look the best, because it does the greatest job of hiding Oda's deficiencies for women's bodies, so she almost looks human

I really like Perona's time-skip design. Very cute.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Perona is cute and one of my fav OP chars

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I think I like Perona's look the best, because it does the greatest job of hiding Oda's deficiencies for women's bodies, so she almost looks human

i like perona's best because perona owns, and i hope she and zoro are friends

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

oddium posted:

i like perona's best because perona owns, and i hope she and zoro are friends

She has to constantly point him in the right direction with her ghosts because he's walking the wrong way.

And then he still somehow misconstrues her directions.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a drat crime we won't get a chapter side-story of their entire two year adventure because that easily a more interesting story than anyone else probably had

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

give me the spinoff manga of two years at Gloom Island with zoro + mihawk + perona !! also robin and brook are there for some reason

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

oddium posted:

give me the spinoff manga of two years at Gloom Island with zoro + mihawk + perona !! also robin and brook are there for some reason

18 pages of Zoro and Mihawk silently drinking beer and wine respectively while Perona can be seen freaking out in the background.

On the 19th page we find out that Gozilla is on Mihawk's island or whatever.

On the 20th page Zoro cuts it down.

On the 21st page they're back to drinking, only with dinosaur skewers (steak in Mihawk's case cause he's classy).

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Baal posted:

It's a drat crime we won't get a chapter side-story of their entire two year adventure because that easily a more interesting story than anyone else probably had

I'd say it's one of the least interesting personally, since you can kind pretty much figure out what went down during his time there from what little we got. I'd say Franky, Brook, Chopper, Sanji and Robin all at least have more interesting missing chapters, since I have more questions about their missing years. Zoro's might be more fun to see though given the cast involved, but even then I'd say several of the others are at least as potentially funny.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Baal posted:

Perona is cute and one of my fav OP chars

:agreed:

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
when can i order jeans perona

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I'd say it's one of the least interesting personally, since you can kind pretty much figure out what went down during his time there from what little we got. I'd say Franky, Brook, Chopper, Sanji and Robin all at least have more interesting missing chapters, since I have more questions about their missing years. Zoro's might be more fun to see though given the cast involved, but even then I'd say several of the others are at least as potentially funny.
  • Sanji: just one long, horrible. two year, "LOL gay dudes" joke
  • Chopper: spending his days in the cave man library and the nights at his bird friends' eyrie
  • Usopp: *guitar riff*EXTREME*guitar riff* gardening
  • Nami: vague weather wizardry at sky Hogwarts for 9th tier Gandalf knock offs that barely, if at all, changes anything for her
  • Brook: a two year Grateful Dead tour with a double side of funk and Don King as tour manager
  • Franky: just solid super mad science with occasional acoustic guitar jams
  • Zoro: fighting mimic mandrills at Dracula's Castle while Perona complains and Mihawk classy Dracula's around
  • Robin: running around with the Revolutionaries and apparently becoming affiliated with the highest ranking members

Honestly, most of their side stories would be boring, as seen in the crew check-in filler of the anime. Sanji, Chopper, Usopp, and Nami's mostly suck. Brook's is ok. Zoro, Robin, and Franky's are mildly to sort of interesting.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
I'd say we've basically "seen" everything interesting from Frankie's story, unless he actually had to wreck Wapols ridiculous toy making mafia to get his hands on Wapometal. Robins is the most interesting out of all of those, since she was actually doing things with the revolutionary army rather than just training/learning new skills...which is why we saw almost none of it :(

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Is this fanart by John K.?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gyges posted:

• Sanji: just one long, horrible. two year, "LOL gay dudes" joke
  • Chopper: spending his days in the cave man library and the nights at his bird friends' eyrie
  • Usopp: *guitar riff*EXTREME*guitar riff* gardening
  • Nami: vague weather wizardry at sky Hogwarts for 9th tier Gandalf knock offs that barely, if at all, changes anything for her
  • Brook: a two year Grateful Dead tour with a double side of funk and Don King as tour manager
  • Franky: just solid super mad science with occasional acoustic guitar jams
  • Zoro: fighting mimic mandrills at Dracula's Castle while Perona complains and Mihawk classy Dracula's around
  • Robin: running around with the Revolutionaries and apparently becoming affiliated with the highest ranking members

Honestly, most of their side stories would be boring, as seen in the crew check-in filler of the anime. Sanji, Chopper, Usopp, and Nami's mostly suck. Brook's is ok. Zoro, Robin, and Franky's are mildly to sort of interesting.

Nami's is potentially interesting, since Weatheria moves around and Nami's goal is to make a map of the world (even though the Straw Hats' trip through the Grand Line only showed her small parts of it). It's possible she saw all kinds of crazy stuff while she was looking down to fill in her map.

Sanji's would be annoying, but I am a little curious about his fights against the Okama chefs and the recipes he learned from them.

Usopp's would also be annoying, and we've already seen what the various Pop Greens do, so there wouldn't be much to show there.

Chopper's might be interesting to give us more of a sense of how medicine works in the world of One Piece. It's based on our world in the 18th century in some respects, but technologically beyond it in many ways, so how much do they know about germ theory? How does the existence of super-tough people affect surgical procedures? Since it has all kinds of weird wildlife, are there weird microbes that cause weird symptoms? I suspect that neither Oda nor the filler writers are all that interested in these kind of questions, though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Advice posted:

"When drawing a woman, basically imagine three circles. Oh, and a clear crease defining the sides of the vagina. That's important, too."

Yeah but it's an extreme case even for Oda. Compare Boa, Vivi or Rebecca. They have Oda's signature circles-and-X but Nico and to a lesser extent Nami are just absurd.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Remember when they ran that Angela Anaconda short before The Digimon movie in America?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/14/one-piece-straw-hats-cosplay-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Remember when they ran that Angela Anaconda short before The Digimon movie in America?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/14/one-piece-straw-hats-cosplay-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens
Now I want a C-3P0 toy with an afro.

Disney, you have one job.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Life Size Weeping Sanji Phone Charger

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

why is that on the be- :stare:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

why is that on the be- :stare:

where else would you charge your phone, the couch ??

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Sanji fans continue to get brutally trolled.

That's a cool way to uh...charge your phone though. Too bad there is only one of them.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So, we're going to see Jack's full body revealed in this next chapter:

Aaaaaand it's not Capt. Morgan. Whoops! :v: At least he's super swole, though. Dunno why it had to be such a dramatic reveal, though.

This is a dude who can apparently fend off an Admiral, the ex-Fleet Admiral, a Vice Admiral, and a convoy of Marines to get Dofy back so he must be super swole. If Kaidou is >Admiral++ level, then Jack must be around Admiral-level strength I'm betting.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 17, 2015

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So, we're going to see Jack's full body revealed in this next chapter:

Aaaaaand it's not Capt. Morgan. Whoops! :v: At least he's super swole, though. Dunno why it had to be such a dramatic reveal, though.

This is a dude who can apparently fend off an Admiral, the ex-Fleet Admiral, a Vice Admiral, and a convoy of Marines to get Dofy back so he must be super swole. If Kaidou is >Admiral++ level, then Jack must be around Admiral-level strength I'm betting.

That's clearly Captain "Axehand" Morgan. He has the prosthetic jaw.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
On the other hand, Wanda says that the Minkmen had the upper hand and would have won if not for Casear's biological weapons.

Also, quoting spoilers requires you to revert the timg to img cause otherwise the picture doesn't get spoilered.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

On the other hand, Wanda says that the Minkmen had the upper hand and would have won if not for Casear's biological weapons.

Also, quoting spoilers requires you to revert the timg to img cause otherwise the picture doesn't get spoilered.

Yeah holy poo poo I just got that huge image spoiled. Please guys, we all love this manga, can we not do this? Some of us really don't want to see huge reveal pages out of context before we even have a chance to read the chapter.

To be honest, even this: "So, we're going to see Jack's full body revealed in this next chapter:" should be spoilered. Why do I need to know that before I read the chapter? Was this super pertinent information you just couldn't put in spoilers? Or did you just want to be the first person to tell the thread?

Sorry if I come off a little aggressive, I really love this thread and discussing One Piece with you guys and I have a major hot button for spoilers.

Advice fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 17, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Advice posted:

Yeah holy poo poo I just got that huge image spoiled. Please guys, we all love this manga, can we not do this? Some of us really don't want to see huge reveal pages out of context before we even have a chance to read the chapter.

To be honest, even this: "So, we're going to see Jack's full body revealed in this next chapter:" should be spoilered. Why do I need to know that before I read the chapter? Was this super pertinent information you just couldn't put in spoilers? Or did you just want to be the first person to tell the thread?

Sorry if I come off a little aggressive, I really love this thread and discussing One Piece with you guys and I have a major hot button for spoilers.

ya its hosed up that we get to see jack's body when we last saw him untransform and prepare fight the minks last chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that ain't Morgan. Unless eating a mammoth fruit also makes you grow 20 feet and regrow a hand.

Advice posted:

It was literally the cliffhanger for the last chapter.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I dunno, maybe it'd help people not to click through spoilers if they had a little clue as to what it might contain? Especially since it was the cliffhanger from last time? :shrug:

Here's another spoiler:

:siren: :siren: WARNING SPOILER DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED BY SPOILERS!! :siren: :siren:

drat, judo-cat guy got hosed up.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 17, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter will probably be out soon anyways. One Piece is usually one of the first to go up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I dunno, maybe it'd help people not to click through spoilers if they had a little clue as to what it might contain? Especially since it was the cliffhanger from last time? :shrug:

Here's another spoiler:

:siren: :siren: WARNING SPOILER DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED BY SPOILERS!! :siren: :siren:

drat, judo-cat guy got hosed up.

Nah, the problem was that the spoiler shows without the spoiler bar because the timg tag and the spoiler tag don't mix.

Since quoting a post converts img tags to timg tags, any spoilers that were originally blacked out are shown.

EDIT: Like, the image doesn't show up in this post cause I deliberately changed it to img. Had I not, the timg version would show up and spoil the image for people even if they didn't click it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's the new chapter.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/574812

Jack's crew and the minkmen fought to a stalemate for 5 days; the minkmen fought in rotation, letting them heal up, while Jack kept on calling in reinforcements before eventually using poison gas to take them all down.

He then had all the minkmen tortured.

The only reason he left was because of the news that the Straw Hats had defeated Jack, meaning that the Straw Hats were doubly responsible for saving the minkmen.

EDIT: Also, dude's definitely not Morgan, seeing as how he has 2 hands. He uses some loving weird weapons too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 17, 2015

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

All the characters in the mangas is more than 18 years of age. They are professionally hired legally mature actors and the age appearance is due to the settings in the manga, the support of computer graphic, and SFX make-ups.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Jesus Christ, MangaStream continues to race to the bottom with "Crucify and chill." How's MangaPanda these days?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Millions posted:

Jesus Christ, MangaStream continues to race to the bottom with "Crucify and chill." How's MangaPanda these days?

Literally not doing any work at all. They take MS's scans and put their watermark on them. Generally I didn't have any problem with the translation, but that line was cringe-inducing.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Here's the new chapter.

http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/574812

Jack's crew and the minkmen fought to a stalemate for 5 days; the minkmen fought in rotation, letting them heal up, while Jack kept on calling in reinforcements before eventually using poison gas to take them all down.

He then had all the minkmen tortured.

The only reason he left was because of the news that the Straw Hats had defeated Jack, meaning that the Straw Hats were doubly responsible for saving the minkmen.

EDIT: Also, dude's definitely not Morgan, seeing as how he has 2 hands. He uses some loving weird weapons too.

But this is in Korean? :confused:

Here's the English-language Mangastream version anyways:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/810/3123/1

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 17, 2015

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

But this is in Korean? :confused:

Here's the English-language Mangastream version anyways:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/810/3123/1

Good chapter.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Baratie is always good in the cover arcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gyges posted:

Baratie is always good in the cover arcs.

Is the other guy not Patty... Can't remember his name... Whoever, upset because they have to redo Sanji's face on the restaurant because the Wanted poster was revised? If so, then :allears: