Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

victrix posted:

The BRM and Dingo are a Manowar and a HVK with no High Caliber. I hated them both and was incredibly glad to see their rear ends, I won't be touching either again now that they're gold.

The brm, for whatever reason, is by far the best weapon in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Macys and Day Day are cool people to play shootymans. Those were some fun games last night. Except that 99-100 Loss on KC. That sucked.

facts.

And fuzzyfuzzybunny has inspired me to finish battery's challenges because that cosmonaut armor is :sicknasty:

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Spudsly posted:

The brm, for whatever reason, is by far the best weapon in this game.
Yeah, fired this up for the first time, and it seems awesome. Seemingly no recoil at all.

I also prestiged and dicked around with the first shotgun (KRM?). Did surprisingly OK

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The BRM is one of my favorite guns.

Then again I like all of the LMGs.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trophies are funnier than they have any right to be. Tossing one at B on Combine right at the beginning of the round and watching a spam of it just blowing poo poo up is hilarious. Although I'm pretty sure it killed me yesterday? I died on the site and it said "mistakes were made".

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Trophies are funnier than they have any right to be. Tossing one at B on Combine right at the beginning of the round and watching a spam of it just blowing poo poo up is hilarious. Although I'm pretty sure it killed me yesterday? I died on the site and it said "mistakes were made".
Just guessing, the Trophy might've blown up something too close to you when you were damaged by something else. Not too sure how it works this time around. Your trophy might've shot a explosive thrown at you, and killed you with it, technically meaning your equipment blew you up? :confused:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

victrix posted:

The BRM and Dingo are a Manowar and a HVK with no High Caliber. I hated them both and was incredibly glad to see their rear ends, I won't be touching either again now that they're gold.

BRM may not have high cal, but it has far less recoil and is always a 3 shot kill. The Dingo is ok, not great. LMGs (and snipers) in general seem like a terrible fit for your playstyle anyway.

Superanos posted:

In my camo quest I have started playing with the Dingo. It's the worst weapon in the game. It's an LMG that takes 4-5 body hits to kill so I will always lose if me and the enemy with any other gun start shooting at the same time.

I can't think of anything good about it other than the mag size (being an LMG), but you could just put Extended Mag on an assault rifle to achieve the same thing and without the super long reload.

Dingo is always a 4 hit kill. One of my few super kills (and a 5 or 6 feed at that) was with an exmags Dingo.

Friendly PSA reminder: don't put a silencer on an LMG (Dredge excepted)

versus fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 17, 2015

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hotfix supposedly fixed Hero challenges not working in round based modes.

Now they just need to fix cryptokey rewards in demo/hardpoint.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Macys and Day Day are cool people to play shootymans. Those were some fun games last night. Except that 99-100 Loss on KC. That sucked.

we all used to be cool on XBL.. then you went and hosed up and got PS4.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dalai Trauma posted:

I stopped running UAV and CUAV when people decided that they all were gonna pack blackcells at all times.Care package, lightning strike/sentry and then wraith/rolling thunder.
Here is the "if you give a mouse a cookie" summary of cod
- Stopping Power is too good, let's get rid of Stopping Power
- now Ghost is too good, let's split the perk up into multiple categories
- Ghost is still too good, let's nerf it so it only works while moving
- now UAV is too good, let's make it require higher scorestreak to get
- now everybody runs launchers to shoot down UAVs, let's buff all the other scorestreaks

in conclusion, bring back stopping power as a perk :getin:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Killed myself with Gravity Spikes. (think it might have hit a car near me and blown that up? is that a thing?)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

we all used to be cool on XBL.. then you went and hosed up and got PS4.

Xbox crew was a good crew but I've moved on to the better console.

(It was the best console deal on Black Friday)

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Killed myself with Gravity Spikes. (think it might have hit a car near me and blown that up? is that a thing?)
Maybe you hi- Wait, what? :stare:

Thanks for reminding me about the trophy system by the way. It's much better this time around because it doesn't disappear after two intercepts, so you can keep getting points without even risking a bullet. :getin:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

limited posted:

Thanks for reminding me about the trophy system by the way. It's much better this time around because it doesn't disappear after two intercepts, so you can keep getting points without even risking a bullet. :getin:

Huh, guess that's my next unlock whenever I get it.

Also, thoughs on the Gorgon? A 2hk on an LMG sounds pretty spiffy if you ask me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

might've landed on/near one of those stationary explosive things

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

limited posted:

Stux posted:

might've landed on/near one of those stationary explosive things

I went back and rewatched. Yeah I blew up a car and it killed me.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

widespread posted:

Huh, guess that's my next unlock whenever I get it.

Also, thoughs on the Gorgon? A 2hk on an LMG sounds pretty spiffy if you ask me.
It's the landing the two hits that's a bit iffy. The fire rate and ADS are glacier-slow to make up for the damage. Good, powerful gun, but between hit-kick, lag, and 90% of the user base using SMGs, you'll get out-drawn, just plain miss, and die a whole bunch. Give the ManOWar a try if you're looking for something with a bit more power, but a more forgiving handling / RoF.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So for some reason while I was playing last night and most of today whenever I called in a care package I could double tap square to choose something else instead of the first option. Then suddenly that option went away. Anyone know what I or the game changed so I couldn't do that anymore?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mattfl posted:

So for some reason while I was playing last night and most of today whenever I called in a care package I could double tap square to choose something else instead of the first option. Then suddenly that option went away. Anyone know what I or the game changed so I couldn't do that anymore?

That's from a perk. You must have been playing a class with it, then without it.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Aphrodite posted:

That's from a perk. You must have been playing a class with it, then without it.

The perk being engineer. (you can also trap it)

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

funkmeister posted:

The perk being engineer. (you can also trap it)

Ahhh ok. I remember removing engineer for some reason. Time to put it back!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Okay can someone tell me why the gently caress I get the Connection Interrupted thing on my end. I mean, it's usually when I fire it up but... well, what can at least minimize it?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

widespread posted:

Okay can someone tell me why the gently caress I get the Connection Interrupted thing on my end. I mean, it's usually when I fire it up but... well, what can at least minimize it?

I'm getting this after every single match.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
see my link about Phantom Squad... its getting closer to Christmas, expect a DDoS attack.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

The game is being dumb tonight. I had one right in the middle of a round that lasted about 30 seconds or so.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
So everyone can't stay connected to Xbox live right? Just tell me I'm not alone, that's all I want.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Stux posted:

here is my official SMG tier list:

S tier: vesper
A tier: vmp, pharo
B tier: kuda
C tier: razorback
F tier: weevil

Thanks for this, unlocked the Vesper last night and have been laughing at how absurd it is since.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frabba posted:

Thanks for this, unlocked the Vesper last night and have been laughing at how absurd it is since.

Yeah the range got nerfed (and the hipfire is worse) as of last week's patch but it's still really good. It was my favorite until I unlocked the Pharo (which surprisingly seems really good as a hipfire SMG)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

limited posted:

Just guessing, the Trophy might've blown up something too close to you when you were damaged by something else. Not too sure how it works this time around. Your trophy might've shot a explosive thrown at you, and killed you with it, technically meaning your equipment blew you up? :confused:
Yeah - everything the trophy defends against causes a small explosion, and it will damage/kill you depending on how close you were to that. Any time the game can't credit your death to another player it will just be "mistakes were made".

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

see my link about Phantom Squad... its getting closer to Christmas, expect a DDoS attack.

Which is funny because they seem to be going for the console servers. Us PC users will be laughing at their shittiness all the way to Prestige. As I cry over how I still can't get a solo match of SoE running consistently. Or as I cry over no access to The Giant.

Mill Village posted:

The game is being dumb tonight. I had one right in the middle of a round that lasted about 30 seconds or so.

Oh cool. It's not my lovely net.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How many COD Points do I have to buy to fix the loving netcode in this game?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Buy CP until your card bleeds dammit.

THEN AGAIN, I got this from a 10 Cryptokey drop. I'm assuming I want Seraph's Annihilator?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What are the different types of taunts anyway? Like what's a Boast versus a regular one?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So today's hotfix for kicking idlers also kicks campers. :laugh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drakon, 75 headshots, 55 one shot kills :eng99:

That gun goes from intolerable to pretty hilarious once you get Stock + ELO. Thermal ain't bad either.

Other snipers should be a cakewalk after that thing though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

I will irl pay whatever it would cost to bring back Black Ops 1's netcode, because I really like this game when it works.

gently caress that Drakon so hard. And the Ripper; I'm having literal MW2 flashbacks because of that motherfucking knife. :arghfist::tizzy: :rant: :fuckoff:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

I will irl pay whatever it would cost to bring back Black Ops 1's netcode, because I really like this game when it works.

:stare: :stare:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CoD netcode pre-MW3 was the only netcode that allowed me to play against the French, Mexico, and California, and still have a better than even chance of kicking their rear end, because it worked the way it's loving supposed to.

Since then, if the host isn't east of Illinois, I can win the war of reaction time and still lose the ping war.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 18, 2015

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

CoD netcode pre-MW3 was the only netcode that allowed me to play against the French, Mexico, and California, and still have a better than even chance of kicking their rear end, because it worked the way it's loving supposed to.

CoD4 and MW2 absolutely, but BO1 was the start of a dark descent. I remember pulling out my BO1 disc in a fury one night and popping MW2 back in just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Ghosts was the first CoD since MW2 where I could shoot a dude, get hitmarkers, trust he was dead and move on.

BO3 is... ok... ish. Better than BO2 at least.

Three companies seemingly using three sets of netcode is pretty loving miserable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If you were West Coast, you were basically hosed if you played night BLOPS. Host preference was heavily weighted to the UK and Eastern time zones until way, way late in the night, when most of the crew had gone to sleep.

But I never had an issue with it unless the host was in like, Germany, Oz/NZ, or Hawaii... or OMG Snarf, with his one bar of awesomeness.

• Locked thread