Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Is there some way to evaluate platoons, or do we just base it off historical stats and hope for the best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

JosefStalinator posted:

Is there some way to evaluate platoons, or do we just base it off historical stats and hope for the best?

I don't think it goes by historical platoon stats, only that batters get a very slight bump when facing opposite handed pitchers.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

kensei posted:

Never forget the greatest goon division ever, and the most frustrating WiS season I ever had:

code:
Central	 			W-L 	PCT	GB	MagN		Home	Away	Live		Owner	
Astrodome Speed Team™		118-44	0.728	-	x		61-20	57-24	5-2		alleyviper	
Hughie Jennings and the News	115-47	0.710	3	-		61-20	54-27	0-0		gardenald	
Mostly Harmless			104-58	0.642	14	-		53-28	51-30	0-0		sakensei	
HurlyBurrelly			91-71	0.562	27	-		40-41	51-30	0-0		gyroball	

Didn't you finish in 3rd in a 4-team division with 100 wins in prog once, too?

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

who didn't have this happen to them at least once in prog though

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Probably :(

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I've bugged our remaining few, hopefully we get rolling today or tomorrow.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Team Syndergaarden Cops are in.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Ah, the blissful period after being frustrated by the draft and before being frustrated by your offense underperforming and your team imploding

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

NutShellBill posted:

Team Syndergaarden Cops are in.

That name is so good

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

That name is so good

Seconded. Just give him the World Series.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I would be way more in on S27 if checking this poo poo on my phone wasn't torture

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

remember when scrotos offered to make them a mobile app for free and they turn him down

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
They also turned away our dynasty league even though we already had enough people to fill a league

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
There are 1 open spot(s).

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

ManifunkDestiny posted:

fill it with concrete and let's roll

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
He's going to be in today and then I'll blast through the roster verification.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Bob Shabazz posted:

He's going to be in today and then I'll blast through the roster verification.

You don't need to verify my roster

:ninja: *sneaks 04 bonds onto my bench* why how'd that get there

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Everyone's in and I hit the button.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

yaaaay button

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So after ive set my default lineups, what do i need to know about actually playing the season. This is my first time on whatifsports. Do we live-manage the games calling our pitch hitters/bullpens? Do we have to choose injury subsitutions? Could we ignore the website for 3 months and still win the championship?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

zapplez posted:

So after ive set my default lineups, what do i need to know about actually playing the season. This is my first time on whatifsports. Do we live-manage the games calling our pitch hitters/bullpens? Do we have to choose injury subsitutions? Could we ignore the website for 3 months and still win the championship?

You can basically do as much or as little as you want. Live play is an option, if you and your opponent are both on when your games are scheduled. Injuries only happen when someone is exhausted to a low fatigue percent, and only last until the end of the game.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

is there a reason for two divisions instead of three? also what does that mean for the playoffs?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

26 teams is the 1992 format, which means two divisions (and two playoff teams) in each league. I forgot about that, and it's why 26 is kind of a bad number of players. Next season (there will be one!) I'll be sure to hold out for at least 28 if this happens again.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bob Shabazz posted:

26 teams is the 1992 format, which means two divisions (and two playoff teams) in each league. I forgot about that, and it's why 26 is kind of a bad number of players. Next season (there will be one!) I'll be sure to hold out for at least 28 if this happens again.

Holy LOL do or die

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

so you can have 3 divisions and a wild card team with 24 teams, but not 3 divisions and a wild card when you have 26 even though there was only two divisions and no wild card when mlb had 24 teams as well. what if sports is so arbitrary.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Bob Shabazz posted:

(and two playoff teams) in each league.

my team is proper hosed

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Hmm sounds like everyone is hosed except for me, and my very good team of good players like World Champion Juan Pierre

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I've revised my goals from "don't come last" to "win 63 games".

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I think my team will be above average, but Goon Leagues are usually the Kiss of Death soooo

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

kensei posted:

I think my team will be above average, but Goon Leagues are usually the Kiss of Death soooo

wins 125 games comes in 2nd.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Scrotos posted:

wins 125 games comes in 2nd.

Please do not trigger me

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Julio Cruz posted:

I've revised my goals from "don't come last" to "win 63 games".

our division is just brimming with confidence

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
My team style is a proven winner in open leagues so I'm sure it will also work in an uncapped one where I couldn't pick the best players all the time

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

our division is just brimming with confidence

I'm going to win every game.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Bob Shabazz posted:

I'm going to win every game.

Going to be hard when my team beats yours 100% of the time

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I feel pretty good about my team, but I'm terrified of gyroball's in the division. So basically this is just like one of seasons like 22-32 in Hardball Dynasty.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Oh joy, I'm in olives' division and there's no WC.

W E L P

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

I feel pretty good about my team, but I'm terrified of gyroball's in the division. So basically this is just like one of seasons like 22-32 in Hardball Dynasty.

You're worried about the wrong team, we all know a rookie wins this.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

honestly the pitching is so bad in this league that anyone could win it

• Locked thread