Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

hi cops

question about something that's going down in nz at the moment
a journalist published a story a little while ago on one of our current events programs where they obtained a gun through what they called dubious means

basically they mail ordered a gun, put in a supposedly fake gun licence number (i suspect they used the number of someone they knew, so when the check was done it came back as a real licence), then, well, i'll quote the article:

quote:

Whoever completed the form created the name of a fictitious officer and included what appeared to be a police registration number.

That person created "Rebecca Were" (QID RWH846), who apparently worked at the North Shore Policing Centre. The same fictitious Were signed and dated the document, stating she had seen the firearms licence referred to higher up the form and confirmed the applicant named on the form owned the licence.

i'm sure that the journalist had nothing but the public good in mind (and certainly not her own reputation), but to me that's absolutely flat out black and white impersonating a police officer.

this was some kind of hard-hitting journalism or something showing that they take things very seriously, but cut a long story short, it looks like she just flat out committed fraud in the name of a story.

now leaving out all of the 'huh? did no one call this rebecca were and check?' am i way off base here, or as you guys understand it, did she gently caress herself over?

gonna be loving hilarious to watch if she does go down for this, she already did some item about how disruptive to her life it was to have the cops turn up and execute a search warrant on her home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Who hosed up and didn't search this rear end in a top hat?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0P00QU20150621

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Wardell Johnson

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MANGOSTEEN CURES P posted:

Who hosed up and didn't search this rear end in a top hat?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0P00QU20150621

hopefully whoever finds the dirtbag doesnt give him another chance to do this again

o wait this was from the summer and they found the piece of poo poo and hes alive :smith:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Two Finger posted:

hi cops

question about something that's going down in nz at the moment
a journalist published a story a little while ago on one of our current events programs where they obtained a gun through what they called dubious means

basically they mail ordered a gun, put in a supposedly fake gun licence number (i suspect they used the number of someone they knew, so when the check was done it came back as a real licence), then, well, i'll quote the article:

i'm sure that the journalist had nothing but the public good in mind (and certainly not her own reputation), but to me that's absolutely flat out black and white impersonating a police officer.

this was some kind of hard-hitting journalism or something showing that they take things very seriously, but cut a long story short, it looks like she just flat out committed fraud in the name of a story.

now leaving out all of the 'huh? did no one call this rebecca were and check?' am i way off base here, or as you guys understand it, did she gently caress herself over?

gonna be loving hilarious to watch if she does go down for this, she already did some item about how disruptive to her life it was to have the cops turn up and execute a search warrant on her home

In Canada that could be Impersonate PO, or fraud. I'd prefer the criminal charge. If she cleared it with the police beforehand, then it wouldn't be an offence but I'm guessing she probably didn't.

I don't know anything about NZ's legal system so I can't give you anything reliable. Nobody outside of MZ probably could, anyways. Your statute and case law is completely different from everywhere else, so I'd doubt anyone here will be able to tell you anything specific.

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 9, 2015

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Anyone know of suspenders for your belt that can go under your uniform/armor? Thanks and dog bless

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I know they make suspenders for over the shirt but don't be that guy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Gross

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
I know ones exist that go under your shirt, but you have to cut holes in your shirt.

Do you have an external vest or internal?

I've heard good things from the blackhawk if you want to go over your shirt / under your vest.

Other than that I dont know.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
p sure 5.11 / blackhawk make those. not sure how well they work though.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I remember seeing some fat dude on Youtube post a video about these: http://www.backdefensesystems.com/

might be what you're looking for

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

rifles posted:

I remember seeing some fat dude on Youtube post a video about these: http://www.backdefensesystems.com/

might be what you're looking for

$189 argh

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Heres your options. Look like a tacticool nerd and get a drop leg or look like a weird nerd and wear exterrnal suspenders. I guarantee if you buy that back defender you'll wear it for like a month before you decide you hate spending 45 minutes getting dressed and having to constantly retuck your shirt and just quit wearing it.

Branis fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 17, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Personally I don't want any extra steps when it's time to take a poo poo. Hidden secret suspenders just seems too much trouble.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Back before I got my shirts altered i used the hidden tailor thing. Even dealing with that was an extra hassle before work. I can't image doing internal suspenders.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Anyone who wears a drop leg holster by choice instead of necessity is the kind of person who would suck dick for bus fare and then walk home.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Smiling Jack posted:

Anyone who wears a drop leg holster by choice instead of necessity is the kind of person who would suck dick for bus fare and then walk home.

when did your mother start insisting the whole family use drop leg holsters?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Smiling Jack posted:

Fat people LOVE them

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Personally I don't want any extra steps when it's time to take a poo poo. Hidden secret suspenders just seems too much trouble.

Don't worry, they addressed this in the FAQ

quote:

Question: (this is an actual question) Restroom use. In the event of needing to use the restroom after that dreaded beef double bean burrito, do you need to remove all the gear and go through the process of putting it all back together again? I have had situations where it was a close call to get to the nearest restroom and almost had to make an uncomfortable trip back to the station. What is the standing procedure for this predicament?

Answer: You do have to remove all your gear, but you do not have to take off the Back Defender. When using the restroom just un-snap your four belt keepers, take off the duty belt, and drop your pants, your ready to go. With that being said; DO NOT try to make a quick restroom stop for the first couple of days, remember the learning curve. After a couple of weeks wearing the Back Defender bathroom time will become negligable.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fat people LOVE them

I had a coworker that was large and whenever he would sit down his side fat would disengage the hood on his holster.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Branis posted:

I had a coworker that was large and whenever he would sit down his side fat would disengage the hood on his holster.

Safariland makes a hood for that.

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
My fat is a retention device.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

GunForumMeme posted:

Safariland makes a hood for that.

he cut off the hood protector cause it jammed into his side.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I have a co worker who's so fat that his rolls literally prevent him from drawing his pistol while standing straight up. He has to lean about 60 degrees over to his left in order to get this thing out, p cool to see him qualify at the range.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
where does he even keep his mag pouch?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

where does he even keep his mag pouch?

In his belly button maybe

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I know they make suspenders for over the shirt but don't be that guy

otoh, please be that guy

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
This belt is loving heavy

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Suspenders over the shirt but under the vest cmon guys

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cop gay. So What posted:

Suspenders over the shirt but under the vest cmon guys

Said a fatty

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

All cops are divorced.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

This belt is loving heavy

What all are you carrying on your belt?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Whale Cancer posted:

his gut

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
A key ring with like 428 keys.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whale Cancer posted:

Glock 17, 2 extra mags, baton, mace, two cuffs, phone, keyring with 1488 keys.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

phone holster? dont be that guy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I bet you wear an in-ear bluetooth all the time too

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Nope

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Okay then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Frig off

• Locked thread