Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nobody interviewed me about poverty when I dropped that on a beer. gently caress this rich high performing country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I bet John Key would gently caress a pigs head live on radio

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
and everyone would love it!!

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
We got heckled by a pommie humour site

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2015/12/16/uk-to-remove-new-zealand-from-maps/

quote:

UK to remove New Zealand from maps

In response to the proposed referendum on a new state flag, all mention of ‘one particularly ungrateful island’ in the southwestern Pacific Ocean is to be expunged from British textbooks. Royal cartographers have been instructed to erase all evidence of New Zealand if the Union Jack is dropped; with maps now depicting a garishly coloured aquatic sheep (called ‘Nikora’) floating off the south coast of Australia.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: ‘We fully support all nation’s right to self-determination and identity but also reserve to the right to act like a petulant teenager, who has just been dumped. We’re going to get emotional closure on this. Need I remind you that the US has been obscured from view by a collection of fuzzy-felt stickers since 1776’?

As ‘break-ups’ go, New Zealand has been accused of pettiness – mocking English rugby prowess, forgetting the Queen’s birthday and ‘deleting’ the Wales from their phone contacts. Meanwhile the UK has had a history of doomed relationships; with India accusing them of being abusive, Ireland saying they were patronizing and Canada hinting that Brits ‘were crap in bed’.

Admittedly the Queen has not been ‘exclusive’ in her geographical attentions, often unfavourably labelled ‘saucy Liz’ for her fondling of 53 Commonwealth ‘members’. New Zealanders have naturally responded by toning down their British past, embracing dental hygiene, driving on the right and ‘not slapping their brand on a third of the world like a megalomaniac Apple executive!’

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
But we drive on the left

Is that the funny part?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Also the graun

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/17/new-zealand-prime-minister-john-key-criticised-for-joke

A spokesperson for Key told the Guardian: “The prime minister does these interviews in the spirit of Christmas and the content is decided by the hosts.

“The interviews are meant to be light hearted, and the prime minister hopes the media and the public take them that way.”

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Raid on Hager's house has been ruled illegal by the High Court. Great work, cops.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

truther posted:

Raid on Hager's house has been ruled illegal by the High Court. Great work, cops.

Give it a couple months to get the relevant legislation in place and it will be retroactively legal.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Edgeler says

emminou
May 25, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

A spokesperson for Key told the Guardian: “The prime minister does these interviews in the spirit of Christmas and the content is decided by the hosts."

The spirit of Christmas: jokes about being violently sexually assaulted.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

emminou posted:

The real kicker is they segued into the prison rape joke followed by the Deliverance rape joke by mocking poverty stats.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Great news but then again I think about what any alternative could be and it would be practically complete extinction of journalistic privilege

New Zealands a small place, met Hager once myself, so this feels like a personal relief as well for some others I know who know him closely. Its not easy and there are lot of people trying extract your energy in a position like his- much less cops raiding etc.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

emminou posted:

Sounds like the kind of jokes you'd find inside a cracker.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Well I for one am mad the man who spilled secrets about the government got off with only having his privacy illegally invaded by police sent directly from the government he spilled secrets about!

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

From Radio NZ:

quote:

Acting leader Annette King said she was disappointed the search had been ruled illegal as it was important for police to get it right.

"The question I think needs to be answered, and needs to be answered by the Prime Minister and, or the Minister of Police was whether there was any political pressure put on the police?"

She said maybe that pressure was not direct but police were feeling the heat.

And as Police Minister during the Uruwera raids she should know.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/analysis/The-7-Biggest-Bigots-of-2015-20151217-0043.html

:toot:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

New Zealand once again being competitive on the world stage.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/75336684/Beneficiaries-try-to-sell-Work-Income-payment-cards-online-as-Christmas-crunch-looms

Cool article

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It is the season for putting poors in their place.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That problem deserves so much more than that lovely article, and the journalist probably wanted to do more about it. Too bad news editing in NZ seems to consist of a check list that just has "clickable headline", "quotes from both sides" and "between 250 and 1000 words"

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice
http://www.3news.co.nz/environmentsci/govt-opens-mauis-dolphin-area-for-oil-drilling-2014061715#axzz3ulfDluJk

Ha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah!!!

:shepicide:

Could you pull a bigger middle finger to the Paris agreement?

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Seen it doing the rounds but it's old news: Tuesday 17 Jun 2014

Pretty sure everyone kicked up a fuss back then, if that helps.

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice

truther posted:

Seen it doing the rounds but it's old news: Tuesday 17 Jun 2014

Pretty sure everyone kicked up a fuss back then, if that helps.

RIP me - clearly I need to check FB posts a bit more thoroughly then

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bobsedgws posted:

RIP me - clearly I need to check FB posts a bit more thoroughly then

Don't worry, it reminded me of this hilarious interview with Simon Bridges, who immediately starts screaming at Cambell, while looking and sounding like he's on the verge of tears because someone dared to talk poo poo about the oil industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD2JKoKGrjA

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
This blatant pork-barreling was more recent

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/75157837/government-awards-oil-permits-in-taranaki-and-near-marlborough-sounds

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Bobsedgws posted:

http://www.3news.co.nz/environmentsci/govt-opens-mauis-dolphin-area-for-oil-drilling-2014061715#axzz3ulfDluJk

Ha

Hahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah!!!

:shepicide:

Could you pull a bigger middle finger to the Paris agreement?

Mr Bridges, this sentence is meaningless goobledygook "I think primarily once you go from exploration right through to production, you're not jeopardising the wildlife"

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

That article really does feel like a Clark and Dawes skit. Especially with his repetitive insistence that it is technically in Taranaki.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Merry Xmas! I got made redundant yesterday!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

klen dool posted:

Merlot Consumemas friend, welcome to the fold!

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Merry CHRISTmas fellow people who live in the future of most people on this forum

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

swampland posted:

Merry CHRISTmas fellow people who live in the future of most people on this forum

Don't tell them the second coming happens this xmas, it's more fun as a surprise

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

klen dool posted:

Man that's some bullshit.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

klen dool posted:

That's some horseshit, dude. Hope your next job doesn't suck.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Infotainment! posted:

Don't tell them the second coming happens this xmas, it's more fun as a surprise

Those feels when everyone in your family gets raptured but you :(

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Thanks guys! Yeah it is bullshit, a real dick move. But at least I can't do anything for a couple weeks so I can just forget about it and gave a good Xmas.

thepaladin4488
Oct 28, 2010
Merry Christmas everyone.
Be safe, every fuckwit with a motor vehicle is trying to drive somewhere at the moment.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

thepaladin4488 posted:

Merry Christmas everyone.
Be safe, every fuckwit with a motor vehicle is trying to drive somewhere at the moment.

I really don't understand how people manage to keep crashing. I drove past some vans the other day that just went around a curve too fast - the curve advisory speed was 85km/hr so they must have gone around it without slowing down at all.

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

klen dool posted:

Why? Are you just getting your leave entitlements, or are they short changing you on the stat holidays?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

klen dool posted:

That's hosed up. Who was it, so we can all boycott those bastards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Binkenstein posted:

Why? Are you just getting your leave entitlements, or are they short changing you on the stat holidays?

No, luckily it was only notice that redundancy will almost certainly happen in two weeks. So I haven't been screwed out of anything.

I honestly can't tell who is the dick - my boss, or the "other parties" because he seemed genuinely upset to give me the news especially on Xmas eve. Upon reflection, in my situation, its a good time to get the news oddly because I'm already on holiday and distracted by Xmas. I am positive I'll be able to get a new job before redundancy runs out. If I had kids, I'd be loving ropeable.

I am being evasive because I am unable to talk about it due to commercial sensitivities. I am also not willing to burn bridges, and being mad at my company won't help, and I am not 100% sure its their fault.

• Locked thread