Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My poo poo shipped today, Priority Mail, so my santee should expect it in 2-3 business days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Bajaha posted:

Spoiler shows as out for delivery so hopefully it made it one piece. The corners looked like they might be fragile :ohdearsass:

Dude that rules. You definitely packed it right. There's a crack in one corner but the corner's not missing!

I'm going to bondo it up (or wrap it in CF strips?) this summer and maybe throw it on. It's in way nicer condition than both my stock and junkyard wings!

Thank you!!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Santee usps says your package was delivered to the door and or front porch....I hope you were there to receive it.....:sweatdrop:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I got a super-heavy, taped up package from the indomitable kastein today!

Let's see what's inside.

A Genuine AMC piston out of the 4.0 that was in the Toilet XJ

Some shop towels, so I don't get that on my bedspread

Orange Goop, so I can clean my hands after handling it

A Harbor Freight extendable ratchet! Awesome!

Magnetic parts tray, nice nice

Finally, a nipple clamp that fits! Grounding clamp for welding!

Last but not least, an adorable PCB for a CANbus to LINbus adapter that he designed! The holes at the top look adorably like a Jeep's grill, but I'm told that's unintentional.

Thank you, kastein!

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 18, 2015

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

SouthsideSaint posted:

Santee usps says your package was delivered to the door and or front porch....I hope you were there to receive it.....:sweatdrop:

Package received! I was wondering what the mightily large box was for today, thought it was a tad too big for the Bus' transmission seal I ordered.

This is some absolutely wonderful stuff, SouthsideSaint - I was expecting broken bits and maybe a card, and received some brilliant Volkswageny things instead :3:

I was thankfully reassured that the box did not contain a Chuck Norris designed exhaust system

Look at all this kick arse stuff! :aaaaa:

I can now officially be the only bus guy at VW shows with a custom matching hat :colbert: I will wear this thing everywhere.

A wonderful tool I never knew existed outside of wrench bits - This most assuredly will be involved in Saturday's super fun bus engine fixy time. No more painful engine tin removal for me, no sir.

Look at this crafty rebuild of parts. Once, long ago, these use to power some sort of Ford engine. Now it is a proud stand of German engineering that will join me and the bus in my travels

I can also assure you these will see the open roads on our travels - We love jewelry like this. Thank you!

Look at these adorable little magnets - I found a spot for them on the Westy fridge in the bus :)

Basically this is how I look holding all my gifts today (Except now with a hat!) with a big smile. Thank you ever so much, SouthsideSaint - You truly surprised me with how great these gifts are.

I realised as well the mini screwdriver snuck out of the picture - It's in the mini glovebox-toolbox for just such an occasion!

PhoenixWing fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 18, 2015

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

freelop posted:

Thanks Californian Santa!

A score of what sources from within the box tell me is "one of San Francisco's finest ball thrower people on the 49ers" in bobble head form
A fuzzy wooly hat from same team
A license plate from Santas' car automobile (funnily enough I've just started collecting stuff like that, this is my second plate to go on the wall)
A majestic stars and stripes car flag which sadly I haven't put on my car for a picture yet due to it being dark and pissing it down

The photo doesn't do a good job of showing how huge he is.

Thanks again Santa!!

Hooray, he made it in one piece! Glad you like them :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PhoenixWing posted:

Package received! I was wondering what the mightily large box was for today, thought it was a tad too big for the Bus' transmission seal I ordered.

This is some absolutely wonderful stuff, SouthsideSaint - I was expecting broken bits and maybe a card, and received some brilliant Volkswageny things instead :3:

I was thankfully reassured that the box did not contain a Chuck Norris designed exhaust system

Look at all this kick arse stuff! :aaaaa:

I can now officially be the only bus guy at VW shows with a custom matching hat :colbert: I will wear this thing everywhere.

A wonderful tool I never knew existed outside of wrench bits - This most assuredly will be involved in Saturday's super fun bus engine fixy time. No more painful engine tin removal for me, no sir.

Look at this crafty rebuild of parts. Once, long ago, these use to power some sort of Ford engine. Now it is a proud stand of German engineering that will join me and the bus in my travels

I can also assure you these will see the open roads on our travels - We love jewelry like this. Thank you!

Look at these adorable little magnets - I found a spot for them on the Westy fridge in the bus :)

Basically this is how I look holding all my gifts today (Except now with a hat!) with a big smile. Thank you ever so much, SouthsideSaint - You truly surprised me with how great these gifts are.

I realised as well the mini screwdriver snuck out of the picture - It's in the mini glovebox-toolbox for just such an occasion!

Wow, that is a kick rear end pile of stuff. Is that toque custom?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Awww yeah I'm glad you got it. That vw scrap art is ford flathead valves chevy fuel pump lock ring and 351 Cleveland lifters. My wife was super nervous you wouldn't like the hat. And it is "custom" as in my wife looked at a pic of the bus and crocheted it.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Due to long post office lines and my work schedule, I just ordered stuff on amazon and had it shipped direct instead. You should have it by end of the weekend, santee!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tracking shows my Santee's package was delivered Wednesday :shrug: Waiting for them to post so I can explain some of the stuff since I forgot the note I typed up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Looks like mine should be delivered on Monday. Fear not, santee!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

Tracking shows my Santee's package was delivered Wednesday :shrug: Waiting for them to post so I can explain some of the stuff since I forgot the note I typed up.
I was :argh: at you about this last year. I think you were staying somewhere else than where I sent it so it took a while for pics.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Cage posted:

I was :argh: at you about this last year. I think you were staying somewhere else than where I sent it so it took a while for pics.

Yup, going to be the same this year for whoever got stuck with me unless it arrives by ~3pm today.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Cakefool posted:

In like an Italian trying to fill all the baby seats in his Multipla.

I take small t shirts, I don't drive anything interesting, if you're stuck send me one of your favorite (affordable) tools, but not screwdrivers, I've plenty of awesome ones already. AI toys will be shared with my kids and appreciated.

And booze.

Hi hello due to insane shipping costs I went plan B and drop-shipped using Amazon.co.uk. Unfortunately they're sending my three neat presents in three separate packages so I just PMed you my note BUT DON'T OPEN IT UNTIL YOU HAVE THREE PACKAGES IN YOUR POSSESSION UGH

Tracking says they should all be there by the 31st.

MERRY CHRISTMAS OR WHATEVER YOU GODLESS PAGANS CELEBRATE

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yup, going to be the same this year for whoever got stuck with me unless it arrives by ~3pm today.

Same here, I won't be home until after Christmas.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Dear Santa, letting you know ahead of time that I fly out on Wednesday so if it doesn't get here before then it'll be January before I can post pics. The neighbors will be watching for packages though so don't worry about it getting stolen.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Safety Dance posted:

I got a super-heavy, taped up package from the indomitable kastein today!

Let's see what's inside.

A Genuine AMC piston out of the 4.0 that was in the Toilet XJ

Some shop towels, so I don't get that on my bedspread

Orange Goop, so I can clean my hands after handling it

A Harbor Freight extendable ratchet! Awesome!

Magnetic parts tray, nice nice

Finally, a nipple clamp that fits! Grounding clamp for welding!

Last but not least, an adorable PCB for a CANbus to LINbus adapter that he designed! The holes at the top look adorably like a Jeep's grill, but I'm told that's unintentional.

Thank you, kastein!

Glad you like it dude! Merry christmas. I wanted to find something more vehicle specific but your jeep is a lot less broken than mine so I don't know what it needs, and the local yards don't really have anything for TJs anyways.

Here's how to populate the board, should you ever desire to:

I designed it originally to swap a set of Ford Focus (late model - the same exact ones Bosch calls their Bosch WDA wiper motors - you can find them on rockauto for about 120 apiece, if the preset start/stop angles work for you) wiper motors into a custom vehicle, but then we ended up scrapping that plan and using a completely different motor, so the boards were due to be thrown out and the design files are basically worthless to us.

Here are the parts to use:
C1 - 10uF 0603 ceramic, 10V rating or higher
C2, C3, C6 - 10nF 0402 ceramic, 10V rating or higher
C4, C8 - 100nF 0402 ceramic. C8 needs to be at least 16V rated (preferably 25V) but C4 can be 10V
C5, C7 - 33nF 0402 ceramic, 10V rating or higher
F1 - 2920 package polyfuse, or a piece of wire if you like to live dangerously. Choose a rating appropriate for the current draw you measure
L1 - 10uH 0603 ferrite bead
R1, R2 - 10k 0402 resistor. Omit R1 if using an MCP2651FD CAN transceiver.
U1 - MCP2551 or MCP2651FD CAN transceiver, SOIC8 package.
U2 - ATMEGA32M1 or any ATMega with the same footprint (16C1, 16M1, 32C1, 32M1, 64C1, 64M1, etc)
U3 - ATA6631 combination LIN transceiver & voltage regulator
Y1 - ECS-3951M-120-BN-TR crystal oscillator from digikey

There are test pads for VDD, VSS, and #RESET so that you can use debugWIRE for ICE debug/programming. The #RESET one is closest to one corner of the MCU and square, VSS is next to it, VDD is over near U3, all on the top layer. 5 pin bus connector pinout, right to left, in your picture, is CAN+, CAN-, GND, LIN, and 12V power. It will actually run off any voltage that the ATA6631 datasheet allows, as long as you upgrade C8 to suit, I just designed the board with a 12V automotive system in mind.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
My box of junk to my santee was tossed into a blackhole by a usps employee. I'm sorry santee! However I amazon'd you a box of useful things.

You'll have one sunday, and one monday.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I apparently got a package a couple days ago, but wasn't told about it until last night when my son said,"Oh yeah.. This came yesterday." And it's amazing!!!

The first thing I saw when I opened it was this note:

The note was great, I haven't had to work on my Goddamn BMW Cooling System(tm) yet, but I'm sure that's in the works.. The only thing I've had to do so far was replace the radiator fan.. 3 times in a year.. GODDAMN BMW COOLING SYSTEM!!! And then I checked out the rest of the items:

The card was awesome and my daughters favorite part. The housing assembly and thermostat is a bit foreshadowing of my future, but also an amazing head start into replacing probably the most failure prone component after my radiator fan, so thank you!! The lintless towels are great and I was actually going to grab some this weekend so that saved me a trip, and I'm wearing the t-shirt at work today so all in all it was an astounding package.

THANK YOU BRIGDH FOR THE WONDERFUL SWAG!!! :)

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

KozmoNaut posted:

Same here, I won't be home until after Christmas.

Ditto. My tenant will bring stuff into the house, but no pictures until after the 28th.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

keykey posted:

I apparently got a package a couple days ago, but wasn't told about it until last night when my son said,"Oh yeah.. This came yesterday." And it's amazing!!!

The first thing I saw when I opened it was this note:

The note was great, I haven't had to work on my Goddamn BMW Cooling System(tm) yet, but I'm sure that's in the works.. The only thing I've had to do so far was replace the radiator fan.. 3 times in a year.. GODDAMN BMW COOLING SYSTEM!!! And then I checked out the rest of the items:

The card was awesome and my daughters favorite part. The housing assembly and thermostat is a bit foreshadowing of my future, but also an amazing head start into replacing probably the most failure prone component after my radiator fan, so thank you!! The lintless towels are great and I was actually going to grab some this weekend so that saved me a trip, and I'm wearing the t-shirt at work today so all in all it was an astounding package.

THANK YOU BRIGDH FOR THE WONDERFUL SWAG!!! :)

Yay. I was worried something happened when the tracking said it was delivered, but there was no thread update.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Finally got off my rear end about taking pictures!

Locked:

Picked:

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
^^^ Nice Model M keyboard :)

USPS says my santee's package was delivered 20 minutes ago :D :D :D

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I finally shipped mine, and totally forgot to include a note. Once he gets it and posts pictures I'll go through and explain what the stuff is. Sorry Santee, poo poo's been falling apart this week :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This is kickass!

It has the laser cut note on the back, too.

Also, someone has been reading about my oil leak whining, apparently.

I'm taking this as a challenge, bottle.

Somebody understands that I don't exactly know how to use an angle grinder without shattering wheels just yet.

Placing it next to one of last year's AISS gifts begins to imply something.

Thanks, mafoose!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

meatpotato posted:

It's been legally able to drink for five years and I'm pretty sure I could beat someone to death with it and it would still work.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Magnus Praeda posted:

It's been legally able to drink for five years and I'm pretty sure I could beat someone to death with it and it would still work.
Those are the best keyboards. They can even annoy people through walls!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Package was picked up by USPS today, flat rate has gone up since I used it years ago, but in theory it'll be there in two days! That's still before Christmas, so that counts right?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Finally shipped! And I just got home and my package was on the porch!

Pictures to follow once my phone charges. Hopefully I can figure out who my Santa was, because they loving rocked.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Magnus Praeda posted:

Finally got off my rear end about taking pictures!

Locked:

Picked:

Holy poo poo that's a sweet gift.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Holy poo poo that's a sweet gift.

It's pretty fun and kinda zen. I've been fiddling with it while watching YouTube/Netflix the past couple days. I've also managed to pick the lock on my filing cabinet and I'm working on picking the one on my desk.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Package was waiting in the shed when I got home today...

Forgot to take a picture before I started tearing into this...says book, chocolate, license plate holder

The goods

Screwdriver magnetizer, much fancier than my hard drive magnet

It's from the fabled Princess Auto

A poo poo load of chocolate, I'm eating this on my flight tomorrow

Awesome license plate holder, pretty sure it's going on the race car

"Canadian Automobile Association COMPLETE CAR CARE MANUAL" - now I can know what I'm breaking

It has awesome pictures:

Who's the mystery Canada goon that supplied all this awesome stuff?

iwentdoodie posted:

Pictures to follow once my phone charges. Hopefully I can figure out who my Santa was, because they loving rocked.
:hfive: Once you get pictures up I'll explain stuff

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpotato posted:

USPS says my santee's package was delivered 20 minutes ago :D :D :D
:love: :love: I just got home from work.

Its heavy, that must mean its good stuff!

Oh no, bees!

I thought these were exhaust tips for half a second. What they are is so much better

Its a bunch of awesome california beer! Siamese Twin Ale, Golden State Cider, and Santa Crus Ale Works IPA. Chilling in the fridge now!

Some awesome gloves. I feel like I should go racing with these or something.

Safety glasses. I don't know if you've seen me post about it but I started working on exhaust stuff this year and I always curse myself for not having any of these when Im under my rusty cars. Super useful thanks!

However, I have questions about these tissues.

Some sort of flower kiss candy. Doesn't taste very flowery, but looks like one. Neat! Plus a kinder egg, which I've never had.

And the whole haul

Thanks so much meatpotato. Everything is awesome and you are the best! Merry christmas!

PS - Sorry you had to ship that across the entire coast.

Cage fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 19, 2015

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Cage posted:

Thanks so much meatpotato. Everything is awesome and you are the best! Merry christmas!

You're welcome! I did see your post about getting poo poo in your eyes while working on exhaust stuff, I figured the safety glasses, gloves and beer would help with the installation :)

No worries about shipping across the country, it's flat rate!

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, I don't even know what my Santee drives. He posted in the 'post your rides' thread, but it's years old at this point. Canadians ride moose, right? So he could probably use a moose harness or something?
Turns out this post actually was about me lmao :ohdearsass:

Anyways, I had a little slip show up in my PO Box to pick up a package. Stopped into the post office and sure enough it was my AISS present. Got a lot of rad stuff too!

Pics:

^Microfiber cloths from the mysterious Harbor Freight I hear so much about

^Jegs catalog and Summit stickers!

^Never had one of these before, I used to just throw bolts/nuts on the wiper cowl. That's probably why I'd lose all kinds of poo poo

^A big poo poo-knocker of a hammer

^Kick rear end magnetic LED lights. The triangle hazard flasher is guaranteed to come in handy

^Fuel gauge from Boaz's Nova

^Murica wife beater

Thanks Boaz! The note was awesome and the wife beater is fuckin hilarious!

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Also, I shipped out my gift today. You should have it by Wednesday!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hooray! Glad you like it all man. Those lights are pretty handy with the magnets and the hanger deals.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Amazon is shipping the stuff in at least 2 packages, possibly 3 because stupid.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Nitro, you loving rock dude.

Mad Max blu ray and comic book, monopoly money, an awesome lanyard, brake pads that quit their job, a book with some black dude and a bearded white guy, and the best loving tool I have ever seen.

You notice the movie is out? Yeah, watched it already. So loving good, even on the fourth viewing. Or especially on the fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Order should be on it's way today Santee, sorry about being late - literally every single time I have tried to do anything I've been hit by work.

• Locked thread