Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Midnightghoul posted:

Yeah, but please don't say things like "IA story was cool" because that's a spoiler

I dunno, it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask that all Force Awakens talk be kept out of the thread? It's not like you guys who have seen it can't just gush about it in the movie thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

For gently caress's sake, how hard is it not to talk about a movie the second you've seen it? Reviews might not technically be spoilers but this still isn't the thread for that poo poo.

Telex posted:

it's still 10000000% unnecessary in this thread which is about a video game and not about the movie you just saw which other people have not. Politely gently caress off with that for a while.

I understand where you guys are coming from, I really do. Being spoiled on a film you're eager to see absolutely blows. However, it is not out of the realm of possibility in a thread about a Star Wars video game that someone will mention something about a recently released Star Wars movie.

If hearing absolutely anything about one of the biggest movies of the year is going to bother you this much, you should probably stay off the internet completely until you've seen it.

EDIT:

Verranicus posted:

I dunno, it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask that all Force Awakens talk be kept out of the thread? It's not like you guys who have seen it can't just gush about it in the movie thread.

It's not unreasonable at all to ask. It is unreasonable to expect to hear absolutely nothing about it, in a thread about a Star Wars game.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I wasn't trying to start a shitstorm, sorry. I was just really excited after seeing it and this is the only Star Wars thread I follow on the forums and wanted to share that excitement with my fellow Star Wars fans. Apparently that is super contentious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah don't worry about it. People are just being dumb.

Star Wars the Force Awakens was a real fun movie.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Gonna talk allllllllllll about the movie now, ain't nothing you can do to stop me.

It was good.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

STAR WARS SPOILER

the main character is revan

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

STAR WARS SPOILER

the main character is revan

I hope kephess is in episode 8

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
My great hope for The Force Awakens is that a character says the phrase "jizz music" out loud.

That's my hope for the next chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire as well.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Empress Theonora posted:

My great hope for The Force Awakens is that a character says the phrase "jizz music" out loud.

That's my hope for the next chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire as well.

I still can't believe that's real

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Come on guys, we're only 60k or so off the 10th position on conquest. Gotta get those capital ship expander things.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Does Snape in fact kill Dumbledore in Star Wars?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Turns out Chewie was Revan all along

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Han Solo is a ghost, he's been dead the whole time, that's why Jake Lloyd can see him

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

darth vader is the man on fire

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Hey cool. The rakghoul event is boned, but they turned on double XP. Time to unlock me some Mamalukes and Twileks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So did anything end up happening last night? Or was there like 2 people on because of Force Awakens?

Speaking of which, if you normally don't turn off general chat but haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recommend turning it off because people are shouting poo poo from the movies left and right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, I think most of us are responsible adults with jobs who go to movies at reasonable times.

Like 4 today after taking the afternoon off.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Like 4 today after taking the afternoon off.

I'm going tomorrow at 9:30AM. Figured it'd be nice and empty that early because gently caress seeing movies with other people.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm seeing it with friends and the only day that worked for us was Sunday.

Being on the internet for the next couple of days will be... challenging.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jedi posted:

I'm going tomorrow at 9:30AM. Figured it'd be nice and empty that early because gently caress seeing movies with other people.

For anything besides like a noon showing, I exclusively go to the theater out in basically the middle of nowhere where they built a gigantic outdoor mall. You can only get there driving, or really long bus ride. So any kids are there with their parents.

I went to see 22 Jump Street at the local theater, which all the town's kids can walk to and that was a mistake. Throwing stuff, yelling, and then one little rear end in a top hat at the end grabbed the stack of 15 or so booster seats and just whipped the whole thing into the wall, sending them flying everywhere.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Kinda funny that SWTOR didn't do anything for the movie release and WoW did.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

For anything besides like a noon showing, I exclusively go to the theater out in basically the middle of nowhere where they built a gigantic outdoor mall. You can only get there driving, or really long bus ride. So any kids are there with their parents.

I went to see 22 Jump Street at the local theater, which all the town's kids can walk to and that was a mistake. Throwing stuff, yelling, and then one little rear end in a top hat at the end grabbed the stack of 15 or so booster seats and just whipped the whole thing into the wall, sending them flying everywhere.

My theater is great. Even when it's packed, it's fine because a) All seats are assigned and B) they're full sized recliners so there's nobody packed together.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

My theater is great. Even when it's packed, it's fine because a) All seats are assigned and B) they're full sized recliners so there's nobody packed together.

I have a theater nearby that's like that too. I normally hate theaters because I'm a goon but the full-sized seats make it very luxurious

You can also buy like 20oz beers and that rules too

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

I wish I had a theater like that near me. Unfortunately, living in NYC, it'd require at least a 2 hour drive. For 95% of movies, I just wait until stuff comes out on DVD. For the very few things I care about seeing in a theater, I'll either go extremely early, or head to the big IMAX in Lincoln Center which has reserved seating and slightly higher ticket prices. Seems to cut down on the riffraff.

To put it in perspective, the last time I was in a movie theater for a first run film (that I wanted to see) was Star Trek 2009. And I'm pretty sure the one before that was Episode III.

Verranicus posted:

Kinda funny that SWTOR didn't do anything for the movie release and WoW did.

What did WoW do? My sub lapsed so I can't login and check.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jedi posted:

What did WoW do? My sub lapsed so I can't login and check.

Stormwind city guards have blue lightsabers, Orgrimmar city guards have red lightsabers.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Cythereal posted:

Stormwind city guards have blue lightsabers, Orgrimmar city guards have red lightsabers.

That's actually kinda perfect. Nothing too over the top, just a little nod and acknowledgement.

Do you have to do the Prelude to SoR to start Rishii? Or can you just go there and jump in?

EDIT: Nevermind - apparently you can just go

Jedi fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 18, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

That's actually kinda perfect. Nothing too over the top, just a little nod and acknowledgement.

Do you have to do the Prelude to SoR to start Rishii? Or can you just go there and jump in?

You can go straight to Rishi but you miss out on the SoR rewards (300 common crystals and 192 offhand).

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Jedi posted:

I wish I had a theater like that near me. Unfortunately, living in NYC, it'd require at least a 2 hour drive. For 95% of movies, I just wait until stuff comes out on DVD. For the very few things I care about seeing in a theater, I'll either go extremely early, or head to the big IMAX in Lincoln Center which has reserved seating and slightly higher ticket prices. Seems to cut down on the riffraff.

To put it in perspective, the last time I was in a movie theater for a first run film (that I wanted to see) was Star Trek 2009. And I'm pretty sure the one before that was Episode III.

Last time I checked (2012ish) that was the only real IMAX in Manhattan too.

Some of my friends organized a run for The Force Awakens but we only waited until like two months ago so we're seeing it tomorrow at 11:30 BUT he got assigned seating. It's at one of the big AMC theaters in Time Square, so you're gonna have to deal with time square, but at least some of the AMCs are converting some of their theaters in manhattan into assigned seating / recliner types, so I'm happy to tell you if that's what's keeping you from theaters you have (I'm so sorry) A New Hope.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Digital Osmosis posted:

Last time I checked (2012ish) that was the only real IMAX in Manhattan too.

Some of my friends organized a run for The Force Awakens but we only waited until like two months ago so we're seeing it tomorrow at 11:30 BUT he got assigned seating. It's at one of the big AMC theaters in Time Square, so you're gonna have to deal with time square, but at least some of the AMCs are converting some of their theaters in manhattan into assigned seating / recliner types, so I'm happy to tell you if that's what's keeping you from theaters you have (I'm so sorry) A New Hope.

Pretty sure it still is the only real one -- might be wrong though. It's an absolutely enormous screen. Seeing Star Trek there was mindblowing. The theater near me has stadium seating and RPX, which is like a quasi-IMAX experience. It's not a bad theater, by any stretch, I just don't like going to the movies and dealing with people being annoying when waiting 3 months means I can watch it at home.

There's an AMC dine in theater over the bridge in Menlo Park, NJ which, from what my buddy tells me, is a really nice way to watch a movie.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Yeah, that's the branding they use, RPX, but it's inconsistent. In Manhattan at least some of their RPX theaters are reserved seating but I saw Bond at an RPX with my folks on Long Island and it was just their normal theater with I guess better sound?

And that IMAX screen is amazing. A friend is coming into town and asked if I wanted to see The Hateful Eight and I said "absolutely, but we have to go to Lincoln Center."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

We have one of those at the same place actually, attached to the regular one. It's 18+ only though and we take nephews and siblings a lot.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

So if I log on and play tonight, because I'm in a Star Wars-y mood, will twenty people instantly fall over themselves to spoil everything?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Empress Theonora posted:

So if I log on and play tonight, because I'm in a Star Wars-y mood, will twenty people instantly fall over themselves to spoil everything?

In gen chat yes, probably

In guild chat, hopefully not because there's a rule against it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

Ainsley McTree posted:

In gen chat yes, probably

In guild chat, hopefully not because there's a rule against it

Yes, turn the gently caress out of general chat off. I logged on for a bit and saw like 5 different people post things about the movie.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lol if you read genchat in any game, ever

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sometimes I get sickly curious and check it out

Sometimes it's fun to watch them argue about politics and play the "is anybody in this chat not a troll" game

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

That game where they replace a word of a movie title with Jawa is just as fresh an entertaining now as it was at launch. Yessir.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Well if you want to run pug ops because your guild doesn't do them regularly, kind of necessary. :(

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

StashAugustine posted:

I will agree with you that it's a cesspool, but I don't find it as bad in SWTOR as in other games. Plus, it's really helpful for putting together world boss kills and ops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Sometimes I get sickly curious and check it out

Sometimes it's fun to watch them argue about politics and play the "is anybody in this chat not a troll" game

It's worse Republic side. Over there, they periodically get bored and play a game where they insert the word "Jawa" into a film or TV show title over, and over, and over...

E: F,B

• Locked thread