Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yeah, those look right. I'm pretty sure the verb formations for all of them are of the "let's" variety so you can stick with that.

And like you said it looks like they're going to keep coming, they're not (all) so much the 'learn to do some basic tasks' missions like in some other games as they are general rewards for progress.

Thanks - in one of the grammar guides I've been learning from, that presumptive form of 'do' was given as "will probably do"/"let's do" so I figured the latter was more fitting. We'll see what else pops up in the list as we keep playing, too, I figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I saw that. Maki Christmas hype continues.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

Ok, yeah. That's the setting right at the bottom of the live settings, I tried that earlier because I wasn't sure what it did and I still wasn't sure afterwards but I think you should be taking the description literally - the (invisible) space between the areas is wider, not the actual buttons.

I think it's for people with smaller screens who are accidentally hitting the wrong button because the tap area is significantly larger than the actual buttons.

Oh that's sweet, maybe now I'll be able to reliably do adjacent holds/taps!

graybook posted:

Today I'm adding mission translations to my guide. Polsy, if you feel like it, let me know what I misinterpreted - still working on my micrograsp of the language here. I've got a few more from the 'unfinished' tab I have to do, but I'll get back on those when I come home later.

While I'm glancing at it, I think the first miracle pull I did had a little badge that said something about SR over it, and the 2nd had the little R dress text. I didn't actually write down what it said, though, so that's not too helpful, but I'll note that the R dress text is still there, along with the little japanese learners permit icon. I'm guessing that's some sort of "while this is new" bonus?

You also may as well note that you can't upgrade a card beyond the third step (so N-R, but you can't put together two of the resulting Rs — I presume that's what the little popup message is if you try to combine cards you've already fully upgraded).

Also, since you don't have it down: girls > girls list > a girl, and then click the blue text to the left of the lock to select your "support girl." I'm not sure if it does anything for you, but I imagine it's helpful to your friendlist if you have something better than the initial R selected.

You can also apparently change the order of the idols when you play, using the grey button on the unit page under your list of girls chooses the position of each girls' tap button. Seems like the support character's always to the right of the disco ball. And here I thought they were jumping around because I thought I'd seen a card move from side to side…

As a last thing, you can have the clothes you have equipped auto-activate their abilities (and pick the two, if you have a full set), but only from the unit select screen after you select a song — that's the grey circle under the unit list and support character. The automatic button is the ON/OFF toggle at the bottom right with 4 kanji. And speaking of songs, for the "do a FC of song X" ones, it doesn't actually matter what difficulty you do the full combo on. Which is nice, because somehow setting out to do that on the easiest difficulty is terribly difficult for me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Swell! I'll go ahead and edit the guide to include those tips. Thanks!

The order change screen felt odd because of the whole 'Finalize' button not being something you could interact with (at least, for me).
And yeah, it's nice to just have that extra full combo bonus from any song difficulty on top of the prize from the Play Goals section.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh
Finally cleared everything on Starlight Stage Master up to Trancing Pulse. I wish healers weren't so sparse and idols gave more HP because anything at 26+ is super unforgiving without them.

The differences in difficulty on the harder songs on SIF and SS are interesting. SIF 11s seem to have a lot more complex patterns that match the melody, but SS's 27s and 28s have a lot more Beatmania-style "play both the drum patterns and the melody" sections.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Also, since you don't have it down: girls > girls list > a girl, and then click the blue text to the left of the lock to select your "support girl." I'm not sure if it does anything for you, but I imagine it's helpful to your friendlist if you have something better than the initial R selected.

Aha, I wanted to do that but I hadn't really gone looking for it. Yeah, I presume it's purely for your friends (speaking of, my ID is 961013039)

Coming from Starlight Stage it's really weird that basically nothing is voiced outside the songs. I'd guess they don't have much/any access to the VAs any more (actually there's a web radio for the game with Akane and Fumio but besides that) since all the songs appear to have been on the CDs included with the anime DVDs. How is SIF for that, or does it not really have equivalent talky sections in the first place?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Aha, I wanted to do that but I hadn't really gone looking for it. Yeah, I presume it's purely for your friends (speaking of, my ID is 961013039)

Coming from Starlight Stage it's really weird that basically nothing is voiced outside the songs. I'd guess they don't have much/any access to the VAs any more (actually there's a web radio for the game with Akane and Fumio but besides that) since all the songs appear to have been on the CDs included with the anime DVDs. How is SIF for that, or does it not really have equivalent talky sections in the first place?

Adding to OP.

With regards to voices in SIF, all stories involving the main 9 are voiced, as are the little things they say when you're navigating around menus. Callouts on skill activation are also voiced.
None of the SIF-only Normal-rarity girls have any voicing.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I haven't tried the 20 Secrets game yet though. Probably not a good idea if I can't Japanese well yet.

In fact this and the video replay buttons both just say 'coming soon', you can't play them anyway.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

In fact this and the video replay buttons both just say 'coming soon', you can't play them anyway.

Ah, I thought I just plain hadn't unlocked anything to replay yet. I just steered clear of the 20 Secrets thing because I figured I'd need to know a whole lot more Japanese to try it out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The gently caress.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Is it just me, or does Starlight Stage play no sound? It's been dead since this morning for some reason and the audio settings aren't bugged.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It is just you but that's happened to me before, I had to force-quit the app and restart it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The gently caress.

Apparently that's real in terms of "actual game asset".

Still smacks of "my uncle works for Nintendo KLab and can give me infinity Mews a supercard with all the love live girls on it" though.

Also, they must not like Nico. First the lazily positioned crown, and now only half her face.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Can't believe they didn't write everyone's names up the side, the sensible and practical choice

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Dr. Nico is a very good Nico. I trust everyone will be getting her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have never gotten an event SR.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I have never gotten an event SR.

I've tried but can never get enough points to get near there.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Use 80-90% of your stamina and don't fail songs, and you'll get there! Do it for Nico!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Revolver Bunker posted:

I've tried but can never get enough points to get near there.

I've started getting event SRs the last few months. It's basically just consistently using your stamina all the time and focusing on the songs you can naturally S-rank score in, FC being a bonus. It gets easier once you have more SRs and URs since it lets you focus on higher difficulties which gets you more points.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Use 80-90% of your stamina and don't fail songs, and you'll get there! Do it for Nico!

I wouldn't even do it for Rin or Umi, so yeah.

The only time I'd probably try for a SR is on a Medley event cause I loving love those.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
OKAY MOTHERFUCKERS T1 HERE I COME
GONNA DROP 35-50 LOVECA FOR BEST GIRL

edit.

Allarion posted:

I've started getting event SRs the last few months. It's basically just consistently using your stamina all the time and focusing on the songs you can naturally S-rank score in, FC being a bonus. It gets easier once you have more SRs and URs since it lets you focus on higher difficulties which gets you more points.

:laffo:

graybook fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 21, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Mahoutsukai is the event song. I like the part where Nico sings "nico" and the other part where she sings "nico."

I might actually go for tier 2 in a token event since there are 4 EX songs rotating in and an EX event song I can actually FC. Very tempting.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

graybook posted:

OKAY MOTHERFUCKERS T1 HERE I COME
GONNA DROP 35-50 LOVECA FOR BEST GIRL

edit.

:laffo:

Unless you have lovely luck and you've failed to get a single UR after multiple 11-pulls, I guess. In any case, I'm still somewhat surprised that my JPN account has basically caught up to my ENG account within 2 months and has more URs. Technically they're all Cool, while my ENG account is a Pure and a Cool, but I'll take what I can get.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only my KR account has a (non-free) UR and it's the newest account.

I'm waiting till I have 500 Lovecas and then I am just gonna pull so many cards.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Allarion posted:

Unless you have lovely luck and you've failed to get a single UR after multiple 11-pulls, I guess. In any case, I'm still somewhat surprised that my JPN account has basically caught up to my ENG account within 2 months and has more URs. Technically they're all Cool, while my ENG account is a Pure and a Cool, but I'll take what I can get.

My luck's poo poo and it took me like five months to get a single non-welfare UR, and Wedding Honoka is still my only one.
Still no SSRs in Starlight Stage for me either, so I'll wait until Mika gets an SSR released to do more pulls.
And then in Girlfriend Note I pulled an SSR on the first 11-pull so /shrug.
I'll take what I can get too, when it comes around.

Anyways I forgot to charge my phone overnight so once I get enough battery I start my journey to T1

edit sorry i meant

EVERY MORNING I'M WAKING UP AND OPEN PALM SLAMMING MY HAND ONTO MY PHONE. IT'S THE NICO TOKEN EVENT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE TAPS ALONGSIDE WITH THE NUMBER ONE IDOL IN THE UNIVERSE, NICO. I HIT EVERY CIRCLE AND I HIT EVERY CIRCLE HARD. MAKIN NICO SOUNDS WHEN I PERFECT TAP A LADDER OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SMILED ALONGSIDE THE NUMBER ONE IDOL IN THE UNIVERSE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY IDOL TOPIC AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE ONLINE ARE STILL ZERO TASTE PLEBS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE DANCE MOVES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL TO MY STUFFED ANIMALS. 3 LOVECA INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

graybook fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 21, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

So that did start today. Also the only UR I will have is this free Maki for logging in 5 days in a row. I've been playing for a number of months and have done multiple 11 pulls. I think I still even have only 5 SR's.

Edit: Oh my god that Angel Nico is adorable. I don't think I have the chops to tier this though. Not even if I spend all.... *checks*.... 70 of my love gems.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Imagine four loveca on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the stone nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of loveca and takes the place of the first stone. The formerly first stone becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Nico works the exact same way.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
I have 3 non-promo URs (and 3 promo URs), 2 of them came from blue tickets because my 10+1 rolls are usually awful. Being Rank 135 has made it really easy to grab non-idolized event SRs too, which I've been hoarding for when the Seal Shop comes out.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hmm I wonder if I could idolize Nico if I exclusively played the event song on Hard. I should be able to, at worst, A rank/A combo (sometimes you just miss one). The better question is, how many love gems is that gonna take; I'm thinking 1 gem per play session (2 EX songs + 1 event song). Only having 54 lp makes it pretty tough to go HAM like that.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

EVERY MORNING I'M WAKING UP AND OPEN PALM SLAMMING MY HAND ONTO MY PHONE. IT'S THE NICO TOKEN EVENT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE TAPS ALONGSIDE WITH THE NUMBER ONE IDOL IN THE UNIVERSE, NICO. I HIT EVERY CIRCLE AND I HIT EVERY CIRCLE HARD. MAKIN NICO SOUNDS WHEN I PERFECT TAP A LADDER OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SMILED ALONGSIDE THE NUMBER ONE IDOL IN THE UNIVERSE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY IDOL TOPIC AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE ONLINE ARE STILL ZERO TASTE PLEBS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE DANCE MOVES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL TO MY STUFFED ANIMALS. 3 LOVECA INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

same

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Hmm I wonder if I could idolize Nico if I exclusively played the event song on Hard. I should be able to, at worst, A rank/A combo (sometimes you just miss one). The better question is, how many love gems is that gonna take; I'm thinking 1 gem per play session (2 EX songs + 1 event song). Only having 54 lp makes it pretty tough to go HAM like that.

At 54 lp I wouldn't bother. Not sure how fierce the cutoffs are on EN but you'd probably have to spend 25-30 loveca to make that happen on JP playing hard and at that point why not just save it for a 10+1 pull.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

IMO the point where you don't have to wake up at 2am every night of an event to keep your LP from overflowing is the sweet spot where you can start aiming for an event SR, but as far as tiering the only thing that matters is what is a loveca's worth to you in terms of the amount of LP it'll refill. I started tiering with Score Match Round 1 around rank 45 but that's because I Am A Fool and I wouldn't recommend anybody do that.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah I'll probably just get Dr. Nico and call it a day. SR points scores aren't too hard to come across with 54 lp. Just can't let it sit too long otherwise you gotta burn like 1 gem at the end.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Moldy Taxes posted:

IMO the point where you don't have to wake up at 2am every night of an event to keep your LP from overflowing is the sweet spot where you can start aiming for an event SR, but as far as tiering the only thing that matters is what is a loveca's worth to you in terms of the amount of LP it'll refill. I started tiering with Score Match Round 1 around rank 45 but that's because I Am A Fool and I wouldn't recommend anybody do that.

Yeah, my first experience was going T2 for tiger Maki for some reason, which was an early boost to Smile, but drained my loveca a mild bit because I was still pretty new.

:respek:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/statuses/678835904580943872 look forward to your present if you sleep in the new Christmas bed (on Christmas day I guess)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

do you guys think nina has a dog kigurumi

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I wouldn't doubt the Skinwalker having one in her closet

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I actually don't like this Nico song very much. The chart is super easy. Guess I'll just wait for the EX. I think I'm still suffering from Rin Rin Rin a while back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
My friend with the UR privilege has now overtaken me in song score.
So far I've only managed to get within 171 points of her score.