Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, star wars week just flew by huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, the contrast between Liam and Matt's Predator Cams for the latest Vessel video is amazing.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Step up to play woolie

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lets hang out posted:

Step up to play woolie

"Oh there's an alien on the screen that's fine, BUT A BLACK GUY"

"They're the real scary alien...they may steal your galactic TV..."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Recently beat undertale, so now it's kosher for me to watch the Friends' playthrough.

The mixture of disgust and adoration with which they behold Tsundereplane might be one of my favorite moments in all their stuff.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Man, Super Star Wars without the slowdown makes it even more bullshit.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"Oh there's an alien on the screen that's fine, BUT A BLACK GUY"

"They're the real scary alien...they may steal your galactic TV..."
Woolie vs Video Games is eternal

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The funniest thing you'll see all month

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Recently beat undertale, so now it's kosher for me to watch the Friends' playthrough.

The mixture of disgust and adoration with which they behold Tsundereplane might be one of my favorite moments in all their stuff.

How well did you survive living through the post-Undertale internet without being spoiled?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Seems like those people would be overqualified to make a Pachinko game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo this toshinden scrublords. What a busted mess, but it makes for an incredible video. Just hit that lightning glitch part in 2, real great stuff, while the games don't seem fun, you guys sound like you're having an absolute blast

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Reading Jim loving Sterling Son's Devil's Third review and Matt really called it

quote:

Perhaps ten years ago, this could have been a fairly decent release. For a PlayStation 2 game, it’s actually quite good – except of course it isn’t on the PS2, and it’s the year 2015, and Devil’s Third isn’t good at all.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno how I feel about Jim Sterling. From what I hear he is actually a fairly decent games journalist or whatever but I can't get past the fact that he dresses like a clown. I'd honestly just settle for him taking those bit stupid winter gloves off.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The suit is half of what makes Jim worth watching

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Gotta have a gimmick if you want to make it in the YouTube biz

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cmykjester posted:

I dunno how I feel about Jim Sterling. From what I hear he is actually a fairly decent games journalist or whatever but I can't get past the fact that he dresses like a clown. I'd honestly just settle for him taking those bit stupid winter gloves off.

In the bits at the podium he's playing a character, just like Cactus Pat isn't really normal Pat.

As much as we all wish that was the case.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

That's why I prefer Super Bunnyhop. There's no fake persona, just George.

(well, if we ignore his honestly weird Plinkett period)

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well maybe I'll give him another chance then.

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
Jim Sterling is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpKNfExRi4

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PiedPiper posted:

I'm disappointed the Zaibatsu missed "super bunny plop" as a jokey insult name.

Speaking of which, he just put out a good video on Tie Fighter.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Jim gave Kid Icarus Uprising a 5/10 and that's reason enough for me to never trust him or his opinions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Jim gave Kid Icarus Uprising a 5/10 and that's reason enough for me to never trust him or his opinions.

his review is absolutely not wrong

what you think of that game is colored entirely by how much you can suck it up when it comes to the awful controls

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Well maybe people should get good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Kid Icarus Uprising, but I am left-handed and nintendo hates my kind

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Sterling also gave Vanquish a 5 and Bastion a 6.5, so his opinion should sometimes be taken with a grain of salt. But having watched most of the Devil's Third LP (couple videos behind) yeah he's pretty much spot on. Liam's giving this game way more leeway than it deserves.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TriffTshngo posted:

Liam's giving [Bad thing] way more leeway than it deserves.

You don't say. :v:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Devil's Third isn't even on vita though, which is why it's so surprising.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sterling gave VanQuish a 5/10? Well he's dead to me again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TriffTshngo posted:

Sterling also gave Vanquish a 5 and Bastion a 6.5, so his opinion should sometimes be taken with a grain of salt. But having watched most of the Devil's Third LP (couple videos behind) yeah he's pretty much spot on. Liam's giving this game way more leeway than it deserves.

There's nothing in that DT review that's the least bit wrong, at least

Especially the part about how the plot should be wacky and zany but nope it's completely straight-laced and self serious and there's no time for jokes when you're tattooed russian man killing people with sledgehammers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TriffTshngo posted:

Sterling also gave Vanquish a 5 and Bastion a 6.5, so his opinion should be thrown in the trash where it belongs

Agreed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
his delivery is weird and his opinions, while well stated, don't exactly tread new ground. he's a decent entertainer in a pinch

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jim Sterling gave Deadly Premonition a 10.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Jim Sterling gave Deadly Premonition a 10.

The correct score, then.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I gave up and watched Vaati's clocktower video.

Lady Maria is uh, not what I thought she would be.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PiedPiper posted:

Hyper Jackrabbit is a pretty cool videogame critic if you don't mind longer videos, yeah. Sterling never really sat well with me, dunno why. Plus, if I want characters I'll just watch whatever the hell Videogamer UK spiraled into this last year, it's pure insanity now.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
The propeller lookin' thing on the front of the bomb in Devils Third was a fuze, fyi.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I'm on a work trip and apparently Vessel flat out refuses to work if your connection isn't strong enough. Thanks Vessel (and hotel wifi).
The worst part is it tries to blame it on the browser.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Someone tell Matt to tell everyone else that Steven Universe is back on January 4th with another steven bomb.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

So I'm on a work trip and apparently Vessel flat out refuses to work if your connection isn't strong enough. Thanks Vessel (and hotel wifi).
The worst part is it tries to blame it on the browser.

The Vessel player chokes here for no reason at all. I'm using YT on 1080p with no stuttering and Vessel lags like hell even on 480p. I have a similar issue with Twitch, but at least their VODs work fine, Vessel apparently doesn't pre-buffer poo poo ever so when it decides to lag I'm hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Lady Maria is uh, not what I thought she would be.

How so? I'm actually curious.