Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Senerio posted:

Here are a couple images from Amazon:

That's really fuckin cool

I wish there were model ships of hte skies of arcadia ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The model I really want is the Lion from SRW OG.

That way, I can make it and put it next to my Beargguy III and my Kotetsu Kaburagi models. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
An auspicious day for a package to arrive. :toot: I was a little bit worried I might miss it, since I'd be going out of state on Thursday.

I got space stuff! First up is a star guide with the sky in the standard equatorial coordinates.

The top yellow piece moves around and it's a cool visual showing off the circumpolar stars (and reminding me I need to study for my final tomorrow, aha). It is only valid for 30 to 60 degrees in latitude, which is a bit too far to the north for Hawaii, but it's perfect for my hometown in Ohio. Professional observational astronomy is mostly just inputting commands on a computer, but this is great for any amateur stargazing.

And secondly, hey, it's that original book I watched a neat movie of! I've also heard good things from the other grad students here who've read it too, so it'll be interesting to see its differences. It's something to keep me occupied on my ~12 hours of flights.

Thank you very much for the gifts, secret Santa!

My desk is a mess, I know.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Received the first of several packages from my secret santa, I'll post photos later though because we don't really have a good camera :I

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom says he got this

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't recognize the symbol but I'm going to assume it's a Gundam hat.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I don't recognize the symbol but I'm going to assume it's a Gundam hat.

it is

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zep's pretty much a Gundam pro now.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

My Secret Santa arrived:

My dog was very helpful opening the package

A mysterious calendar...

It's Non Non Biyori! Now I can have Renge in my life all year long.

And another nicely wrapped package

Inside, a Gundam artbook! Yuji Kaida! Very cool!

Lots of cool stuff inside. This caught my eye immediately

And more on the way!

Thanks to my mysterious Secret Santa, these are super perfect gifts. I really appreciate it! (also your handwriting and wrapping is impeccable)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad you liked them! and somehow thought my wrapping skills were good

the second package should reach you by tomorrow night, though it requires somebody to sign (my bad)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

i'm glad you liked them! and somehow thought my wrapping skills were good

the second package should reach you by tomorrow night, though it requires somebody to sign (my bad)

I love them! Thanks again, but don't worry, there's generally always someone here.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dude I'm secret santaing for may have to wait a bit before I can give them a gift as I've hit some money troubles, but next week should hopefully be fine except for the part where it will take forever to be shipped what with it being christmas

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

Strange Quark posted:

An auspicious day for a package to arrive. :toot: I was a little bit worried I might miss it, since I'd be going out of state on Thursday.

I got space stuff! First up is a star guide with the sky in the standard equatorial coordinates.

The top yellow piece moves around and it's a cool visual showing off the circumpolar stars (and reminding me I need to study for my final tomorrow, aha). It is only valid for 30 to 60 degrees in latitude, which is a bit too far to the north for Hawaii, but it's perfect for my hometown in Ohio. Professional observational astronomy is mostly just inputting commands on a computer, but this is great for any amateur stargazing.

And secondly, hey, it's that original book I watched a neat movie of! I've also heard good things from the other grad students here who've read it too, so it'll be interesting to see its differences. It's something to keep me occupied on my ~12 hours of flights.

Thank you very much for the gifts, secret Santa!

My desk is a mess, I know.

I sort of looked up your address because I needed the ZIP code to mail out the first box (more things are inbound), and I saw you were at an astronomy place (you guys are cool), and I thought "space poo poo,". More poo poo is inbound (PLAY ASIAAAAAA!)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ryand-Smith posted:

I sort of looked up your address because I needed the ZIP code to mail out the first box (more things are inbound), and I saw you were at an astronomy place (you guys are cool), and I thought "space poo poo,". More poo poo is inbound (PLAY ASIAAAAAA!)

Oh, exciting! I'm on vacation for three weeks, so I'm probably going to miss it until the second week of January.

I sort of figured you were my secret Santa from your post in the chat thread, since I'm the only one who mentioned what I did, haha.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Just when I thought it was over and I'd gotten all the gifts I was getting (or indeed even deserved).. another package showed up!
Enclosed was this wonderful tshirt:

Which is awesome, cause who doesn't want to carry a tiny Umaru-chan around in their pocket all day?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amstrad posted:

Just when I thought it was over and I'd gotten all the gifts I was getting (or indeed even deserved).. another package showed up!
Enclosed was this wonderful tshirt:

Which is awesome, cause who doesn't want to carry a tiny Umaru-chan around in their pocket all day?
Now I wish there was an umaru version of this shirt

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

aaaah

thanks, dogsicle for the other really awesome gift!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yo, Jaroque is the coolest motherfucker look at all of this cool poo poo he sent me

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
My santee should be getting their package any day now

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Parallax posted:

aaaah

thanks, dogsicle for the other really awesome gift!

Oh man, that looks really cool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Amstrad posted:

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

Amstrad posted:

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Hot drat MJP's final gift arrived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6gPypOTME0

that brings my final gift total to:

3 hot prezzies

Cheers, MJP!

Macdoo fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 18, 2015

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Glad it came, I was worried it was lost somewhere in the pond. Cheerio, as they say, merry Crimbo pip pip cheerio guv'nor

Nobody freaking sold the shirt itself, otherwise I'd have gotten you that

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've been sick and unable to fetch it from my mother's, but what I presume to be my gift arrived a few days ago. It is a subtle shirt that took me a bit to get. Pics when I return home.

e: also significantly less subtle decals!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
My package tracking says santee received their goods this morning.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The shirt!

L O V
E L I
V E !

The decals!

Nico! Thanks, friend!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol is that Utena doing the We Can Do It! pose?

E: duh, words were too tiny to see on my phone

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
This is what I get for participating in too many of these things at once; I have two missed delivery slips from foreign countries (UK, Australia) and I can't tell which one is from here.

On my end, tracking says the package was delivered to my recipient on the 10th or something but they haven't posted saying as much yet. As long as they actually got it, though...

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

shirt achieved and fits nicely, even though I am wearing the thing backwards

ughh ingore the spots on my mirror, they are not on the shirt

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChubbyThePhat posted:

My package tracking says santee received their goods this morning.

it wasnt me because i havent gotten anything yet :argh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i haven't gotten anything yet either

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

i haven't gotten anything yet either

same, but i know some people had reasons that their gifts would go out late.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

shirt achieved and fits nicely, even though I am wearing the thing backwards

ughh ingore the spots on my mirror, they are not on the shirt

Hahaha yeah I got it on the back to go with the quote. But it seems THEY FAILED TO PUT THE CARD IN. As promised I will draw a new one tonight and pm you or post it here!

Also my package arrived and is at the post office! I should have it tomorrow.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
was it this

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 19, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I finally got home to open my package! I was requested to take a video so I'll be uploading that once I get settled, but I can safely say that my Santa won Christmas.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
stay warm out there, unpresented santas..

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Tarranon posted:

stay warm out there, unpresented santas..

I plan on it. Looking forward to the mystery gift, as what i've been seeing from other goons have been awesome. Especially that Nichijou hobby kit.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Big sorry to my secret santee who won't get anything until January but crow did not pass this along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Wowwwww, big thanks to Santa for getting me the Ayami Kojima art book! Castlevania art everywhere :love:

• Locked thread