Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Krispy Kareem posted:

At Will employment can be both good and bad. In my experience, the more job protections you have, the worse you're treated by your employer. I'm a straight White guy, so I don't have the same life experiences as a minority class - but I got treated the worst working in an union job and treated the best as a non-benefited contractor who could be fired at any time.

Again - White guy here. Benefited class. Privileged all the way. It's probably different if you're gay, Black, Muslim, with a work visa from Syria, or a Bingo card combination of all 4.

At-will employment is honestly objectively bad and you were dealing with different people that would have treated you shittily if they could fire you or not.

Edit: I have content though, too!

I was reading an NYT article that was really sweet. A 75 year old man who is a mail carrier and very Roman Catholic Old-School Italian befriends a 26 yr old Saudi woman on his mail route. He gets over his technophobia because his friend was moving back to Saudi Arabia and he wanted to keep in touch with her on Facebook.

It was posted a few minutes before I saw it and at the time this was the only comment:

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Puppy Time posted:

A Star Wars with a WOMAN and a BLACK in prominent roles! :argh:

ETA:

its weird we havent seen any crazy mad max-level of mra anger at star wars yet

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Eponine posted:

At-will employment is honestly objectively bad and you were dealing with different people that would have treated you shittily if they could fire you or not.

Edit: I have content though, too!

I was reading an NYT article that was really sweet. A 75 year old man who is a mail carrier and very Roman Catholic Old-School Italian befriends a 26 yr old Saudi woman on his mail route. He gets over his technophobia because his friend was moving back to Saudi Arabia and he wanted to keep in touch with her on Facebook.

It was posted a few minutes before I saw it and at the time this was the only comment:

Medication. This person needs it. :stare:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

ToxicSlurpee posted:

At Will Employment because freedom! :911:

One of the issues is that a lot of states have it set up so an employer can legally fire somebody for no reason whatsoever or for any reason so long as it isn't one of the ones that's explicitly outlined. All an employer really has to do is say "I just didn't like the guy" and it's fine. You can make up bullshit reasons with no backing like "he wasn't productive enough" or whatever. As long as an employer isn't caught saying "fired for being gay" or whatever it's completely legal.

Want to hear something even more depressing? Homosexuality isn't one of the protected classes.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/20/star-wars-force-awakens-really-shock-racist-trolls

Don't search for #BoycottStarWarsVII unless you want to see a bunch of dicks posting spoilers.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Give it a few days until they all see it and go online to start their circlejerk.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

In my experience, those types don't start frothing at the mouth until a woman writes an article they can pass around and scream at ceaselessly over twitter or what-have-you.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Klaus88 posted:

I'm sorry your cousin is a fascist.

He's the reason why people setting pictures of themselves in uniform as their Facebook pictures sets off red flags for me. Especially when they're from at least 20 years ago.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ok question: is there any truth to the "nerds used to get picked on before nerd stuff got cool" narrative? I've seen it brought up in a couple of places, but I have never experienced it so I am not sure.

I was picked on WAY more for being an academic overachiever (skipping ahead a grade, reading at a 12th grade level from an early age, etc.) than liking nerd poo poo (playing video games/D&D, writing hella fanfiction, and so on). I also got picked on for not speaking AAVE, but that's something totally different.

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

"I'm bored because I'm socially inept"

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

At Will employment can be both good and bad.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Lottery of Babylon posted:

At Will employment can be both good and bad.

I used to like your gimmick LoB but this is too far.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Birb Katter posted:

I used to like your gimmick LoB but this is too far.

U.S. COMMISSIONER CONFIRMS THAT WHITE PEOPLE FACE EXTINCTION.

For years Aryan Nations has been warning our White kin that there was a conspiracy to Murder our White Aryan Race and that we were fast approaching the point of no return.

Now we have confirmation from U.S. Government sources. On the back of this leaflet you will find a reproduction of an article from the August 4, 1981, Rocky Mountain News. When reading the article, please bear in mind the following things.

Considering the lower-than-replacement White birth rate, the high non-white birthrate, the colored immigration and the fact that thousands of our young people (especially our women) desert their Race every day to marry non-whites, you can see that in ten years the child-bearing population of America will be less than ten percent White.

All history, as well as common sense, declares that no Race can survive without separation from others so they can promote, propagate and protect their own kind.

There are over two dozen all-Black nations engaging in no integration or the inevitable resultant, miscegenation, which decrees the death of a Race. The population of one Yellow country alone, China, is nearly four times all the Whites on the planet. They too are remaining racially pure. There are no all-White nations, at least in the Western world. We are the earth's most endangered species.

The famous American aviator, Charles Lindbergh, traveled America in the 30's warning that if we helped to destroy the tiny nation of Germany, which was the last and only White Racial Nation, then our Race was doomed. Was he right?

Today YOU can escape the terror of the Black ghettos and the Brown barrios. Your children and your children's children will have no refuge. THE DEATH OF THE WHITE RACE is neither imaginary nor far off in the distant future. History shows what "tender mercy" the few remaining Whites can expect from the colored hordes in the last days of our Race.

The JEWS, who have sworn to destroy our Race and who now own all three T.V. networks, the major movie companies, and nearly all newspapers and publishing companies, make it front page headlines, if they can find a non-integrated school or neighborhood anywhere.

Nations, economic systems, political systems, etc., will rise, fall and evolve as long as man walks this planet. THE DEATH OF THE WHITE RACE is eternal. Make no mistake, WHITEMAN, the death of our Race, the creators of Law, Justice, Technology, Medicine, Housing - virtually everything of value - spells the end of civilization.

Whiteman, look at the beautiful woman you love. Whitewoman, think about the future for your children. WHITEMAN, THINK. The decision is for this generation. Your children will be outnumbered fifty to one by colored people, who have been inflamed to hatred of our people by the JEWSMEDIA. Nature's laws are as impartial as they are harsh. Love your own kind, fight for your own kind or perish, as have many thousands of other species.

YOUR FIRST LOYALTY MUST BE TO YOUR RACE WHICH IS YOUR NATION!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

U.S. COMMISSIONER CONFIRMS THAT WHITE PEOPLE FACE EXTINCTION.

Good

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/12/18/aladdin_poll_30_percent_of_republican_primary_voters_would_bomb_agrabah.html

How many of these people know that Agrabah is from a film? :downs:

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

This is dumb, because people can't say that it's fake. They can only say they are for, against, or not sure.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

The JEWS, who have sworn to destroy our Race and who now own all three T.V. networks, the major movie companies, and nearly all newspapers and publishing companies, make it front page headlines, if they can find a non-integrated school or neighborhood or neighborhood anywhere.

YOUR FIRST LOYALTY MUST BE TO YOUR RACE WHICH IS YOUR NATION!

as a jew who works in media i can confirm this is all true

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ok question: is there any truth to the "nerds used to get picked on before nerd stuff got cool" narrative? I've seen it brought up in a couple of places, but I have never experienced it so I am not sure.

I think these things are more "I used to be a nerd in school and now I'm a grown nerd who isn't forced to socialize with other people that could potentially bully me" but they don't tend to realize the second part is more about location and the fact that adults don't tend to pick on people like school bullies do.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Gross Dude posted:

This is dumb, because people can't say that it's fake. They can only say they are for, against, or not sure.

"How many times have you beaten your wife?"
A) Over 50
B) Over 10
C) Unsure

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:whitewater:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love Shantae, but not nearly as much as Twilight Apple.

e: holy poo poo ahahaha that person's twitter is amazing, and i think they're either 12 or 27

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I for one welcome the extinction of the white race.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Mr E posted:

white person here, can confirm true.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Mr E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfxL_wuYtSg

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Mr E posted:

I, for one, am willing to go gently into the night.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Takoluka posted:

I love Shantae, but not nearly as much as Twilight Apple.

e: holy poo poo ahahaha that person's twitter is amazing, and i think they're either 12 or 27

Shantae is a cool game series but its also really obscure compared to Bayonetta.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Platformers in general are, compared to action games.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

paradoxGentleman posted:

In my experience if you are already ostracized everything connected with you will be seen as a negative anyway. I love reading comics and I loved reading comics when I was a school kid. I suffered some mild bullying but that had nothing to do with reading comics though, and in one year of school some of the cooler kids started reading comics and no-one cared. Hell, comic book trading cards were very popular at my school.

Fiend Computer posted:

as a jew who works in media i can confirm this is all true

As a Jew who often gets mistake as Christian white dude I will let you know that we have infiltrated all walks of life. You will never know who is and isn't a Jew.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

paradoxGentleman posted:

I feel like the nerd prosecution complex owes something to the movie "Revenge of the nerds". That's probably bullshit though,

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Klaus88 posted:

I feel like the nerd prosecution complex owes something to the movie "Revenge of the nerds". That's probably bullshit though,

The protagonist of Revenge of the Nerds is a rapist, and the film paints this as a good thing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

EXAKT Science posted:

The protagonist of Revenge of the Nerds is a rapist, and the film paints this as a good thing.

Well yeah it's their revenge

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

This almost makes me think that edit was ironic. Why not blame the Jews? They are actually literally pro-circumcision on the record, and also they exist (and are already a popular conspiracy target, too!). Why do the illuminati care about dicks? Why would Satanists, who don't exist in the way people think they do, but those who do are basically libertarians who believe in freedom? Why is it hilarious to me that when I see "male genital mutilation" I think MGM and therefore the former Disney park? There are so many questions. Luckily, Alex Sheppard will not rest until all answers are known.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dude's been harping about Satanists and Illuminati since day one of the freakout though.
Five bucks say that if you try to propose the Jews as a target he calls you out for racism.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ooohooohoo that's a fun subject

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

Dude's been harping about Satanists and Illuminati since day one of the freakout though.
Five bucks say that if you try to propose the Jews as a target he calls you out for racism.

Nah, his response was that "all religions are evil/a lie" but then went on to try and push "True Christianity," you know, the kind they were trying to teach in Xenogears.

His words.

If you haven't read the entire thread by now you really, honestly should.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

This almost makes me think that edit was ironic. Why not blame the Jews? They are actually literally pro-circumcision on the record, and also they exist (and are already a popular conspiracy target, too!). Why do the illuminati care about dicks? Why would Satanists, who don't exist in the way people think they do, but those who do are basically libertarians who believe in freedom? Why is it hilarious to me that when I see "male genital mutilation" I think MGM and therefore the former Disney park? There are so many questions. Luckily, Alex Sheppard will not rest until all answers are known.

Uh he's not blaming the jews because that would be dishonest and a lie and Alex only tells the loving uncoated bitter truth. Don't try to blame it on the jews just because you can't deal with a satanic illuminati conspiracy.

Not cool dude.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Nah, his response was that "all religions are evil/a lie" but then went on to try and push "True Christianity," you know, the kind they were trying to teach in Xenogears.

His words.

It truly is a magical experience.

Edit

Here's the link again, for anyone that missed it!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

His words.

I've seen a lot of crazies but I don't think I've ever seen one pushing Gnosticism as the One True Faith :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

EXAKT Science posted:

oldpainless posted:

Well yeah it's their revenge

:yikes: