Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Million Ghosts posted:

Why the gently caress does Jeb not go by J. Ellis Bush if he doesn't want to be John? He can't even nickname himself goddamn what a goober.

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic here but I don't think that "John" is the part of his name he's trying to de-emphasize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Zwabu posted:

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic here but I don't think that "John" is the part of his name he's trying to de-emphasize.

He campaigned as Jeb in Florida before his brother was even President, and it's not like HW Bush was hated in Florida.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

John! 2016

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Jeb! would probably be a dorky software dev if he was born 30 years later and not a Bush.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Rocks posted:

John! 2016

"Jesus said to her, 'Mary!' She turned and said to him Rabboni, which is to say, Master."??

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 22, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Rocks posted:

John! 2016

No no no. It's 3:16

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Good Citizen posted:

well trump 3:16 says I'm at 42 and you're at 3.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

No, 3:16 is the ratio of Jeb voters to Trump voters

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Montasque posted:

As a poster with an Eazy E avatar let me tell you... I have no idea who's going to win.

As a poster with a duck avatar, let me tell you... quack

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Xelkelvos posted:

No, 3:16 is the ratio of Jeb voters to Trump voters

If only JEB!!! could be so lucky.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 22, 2016

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

As a poster with a ¡Jeb! avatar, let me tell you that I don't think I mentioned his name. Did I mention his name? Did I mention his name? Did I mention his name?

Alright, from now on let's put a moratorium on mentioning his name, could lead to a forum crash due to extremely high levels of excitement. Thank you all for your concern for the safety of your fellow SA posters.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

has anything as funny as the gingrich meltdown happened yet this time around

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Montasque posted:

As a poster with an Eazy E avatar let me tell you... I have no idea who's going to win.

Chokes McGee posted:

As a poster with a duck avatar, let me tell you... quack

As a poster with a ¡Jeb! avatar, let me tell you... I don't think I mentioned his name. Did I mention his name? Did I mention his name? Did I mention his name?

As a poster with no avatar I can definitively tell you all... nobody is going to emerge a winner out of any of this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Turn left, ¡Jeb!, nooooooo!

To be fair, if- and I do stress if Trump fucks up (and Jeb! hasn't been forced to drop out), Bush will be immediately positioned as the smartest guy in a room full of lemmings and tools.
Jeb! - "Leading us through the nonsense"

"Yeah, he may not be the best debater, but he knows bullshit when he sees it, like that Trump fella, Hillary, or the New York Times!"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mister Macys posted:

To be fair, if- and I do stress if Trump fucks up (and Jeb! hasn't been forced to drop out), Bush will be immediately positioned as the smartest guy in a room full of lemmings and tools.

"Yeah, he may not be the best debater, but he knows bullshit when he sees it, like that Trump fella, or the New York Times!"

Ah, the O'Malley strategy

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Mister Macys posted:

"Yeah, he may not be the best debater, but he knows bullshit when he sees it, like that Trump fella, Hillary, or the New York Times!"

Except that he apparently sucks at politics, so Rubio would probably win despite having the laziest campaign ever.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think in the trumpenstumpen scenario cruz will have enough of the right wing of the republican establishment's endorsements, not to mention the poll position or maybe actual votes/delegates, by then to be in a commanding position over the RINOs

i feel like he's always had the best strategy of the real politicians, in hindsight of course

but who gives a gently caress what i think

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

Montasque posted:

Trump is a curve ball, a black swan, a curious case.

He's an outsider who does best when there is a crisis, just look at his numbers post Paris and San Bernardino.

And when you look at the polls you see why. Republicans place Trump #1 with the economy, and national security. He wins in leadership, and wins on most electable in a general...
Trump is an outsider tracking like the Establishment's pick, but instead of his base being from the educated white collar middle-class, it's the blue-collar types who flock to him.

The trouble with Trump's base is that they are political novices who haven't really done this primary thing before. Will they show up? Will they caucus? Who's to say!

I think the angriest, loudest Trump supporters are blue-collar uneducated whites who don't usually vote, at least in the primaries, but I think that there are a lot of "quiet" Trump supporters who are typical economic conservatives who say stuff like "government should be run like a business" and supported Romney because of his business history and not because he was governor of Massachusetts.

I might be wrong but I don't think Trump would be doing as well in New Hampshire as he is without those types of voters supporting him.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
new hampshire is almost exclusively populated by cranks, shouty grandads, and guys with strange cares. of course trump is killing it there.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

and i know it's redundant but i want to point out that they're all white

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't know if Donald Trump is personally racis, but I do know he is the preferred candidate of choice for racists.

I think that trump, prominent birther, is probably a huge racist

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

paranoid randroid posted:

new hampshire is almost exclusively populated by cranks, shouty grandads, and guys with strange cares. of course trump is killing it there.

new hampshire is also populated by massachusetts people who start getting Really Serious About Guns, you can't forget that.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

New Fox Poll

Trump 39
Cruz 18
Rubio 11
Carson 9
¡Jeb! 3
Christie 3
Fiorina 3
Paul 3
Kasich 2
Cuckabee 1

Don't worry though! Nate silver and Karl Rove and that Very Serious poster with the Romney avatar said that Trump can't win!

EDIT: That's +11 for Trump from the last Fox poll, totally irrelevant of course since polls mean nothing at this point! Personally I'll just count that as +11 for ¡Jeb!

This is a totally ridiculous poll. The numbers are clearly inflated. We need to unskew this for likely republican voters who answer phones not internet ads. There is no way 3% of voters support ¡JEB!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Zelder posted:

I think that trump, prominent birther, is probably a huge racist

Nah he's just bored and making it all up, stirring the pot for a laugh to see what happens. If I had so much money I'd done everything I ever wanted to do and more ten times over it's probably what I'd end up doing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Anal Papist posted:

This is a totally ridiculous poll. The numbers are clearly inflated. We need to unskew this for likely republican voters who answer phones not internet ads. There is no way 3% of voters support ¡JEB!

Yeah, that does seem suspiciously high

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cactus posted:

Nah he's just bored and making it all up, stirring the pot for a laugh to see what happens. If I had so much money I'd done everything I ever wanted to do and more ten times over it's probably what I'd end up doing.

He was a birther before he ran for president!

Also if you had billions of dollars you'd pretend to be racist? Pretty weird, cactus

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJecWvOTIT8

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

its weird how people lie to themselves about donald trump so they can pretend they are him

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Jeb! would probably be a dorky software dev if he was born 30 years later and not a Bush.

Jeb would be the manager of a Walmart and he'd be way too enthusiastic about it. All his employees would secretly resent him for making them dance during the opening shift.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

I have no idea who's going to win.

But you do know. We ALL know. Even Joementum knows. Even Nate Silver knows.

It's not that people don't know who is going to win, it's that everyone has different coping mechanisms. Some people want it to happen, so they rejoice. Some people are unsure, so they watch and observe. Some oppose him, but comfort themselves with laughter and amusement, figuring they might as well enjoy the ride since they're stuck on it like it or not. Some people are afraid, so they repeat the same lies amongst themselves in the hopes that if the heavens hear their refrain then they will be saved. Some people are terrified, and day by day they more frantically try to make the absurd case that it's not going to happen. Ostensibly to the rest of us, but in reality they're trying to convince themselves because the alternative is horrifying to them.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

But you do know. We ALL know. Even Joementum knows. Even Nate Silver knows.

It's not that people don't know who is going to win, it's that everyone has different coping mechanisms. Some people want it to happen, so they rejoice. Some people are unsure, so they watch and observe. Some oppose him, but comfort themselves with laughter and amusement, figuring they might as well enjoy the ride since they're stuck on it like it or not. Some people are afraid, so they repeat the same lies amongst themselves in the hopes that if the heavens hear their refrain then they will be saved. Some people are terrified, and day by day they more frantically try to make the absurd case that it's not going to happen. Ostensibly to the rest of us, but in reality they're trying to convince themselves because the alternative is horrifying to them.

You're really in the tank for Jeb!, huh.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

that post is purestrain patakimentum

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i thought boosted was on cruz control now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, what did I miss? I thought he converted after the debate?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, what did I miss? I thought he converted after the debate?

he's intoxicated with the glory of trumpposting. he can't quit it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe he was wooed back by the Trump/Putin co-endorsements? It does fit the narrative that Trump looks "meh" during every debate so he says something crazy a couple of days later to reignite his base.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Well as much as I'm sure Senator Cruz will appreciate my vote in the South Carolina primary, it's not going to prevent him from getting steamrolled along with everyone else by Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
LMBO. Watching FOX in the background and I guess I missed parts of the Luntz focus group after the debate. Almost every single person raised their hand in agreement that Jeb! should drop out NOW.

• Locked thread