Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Javid posted:

I don't know if it's confirmation bias or just them being out front and obvious but it seems like it's always the disabled placard people who park like complete fucks in the designated spaces. It's like they just decide that the marked space + loading area next to it is theirs to use as they please so they go all diagonal or whatever.

This happens all the time at every store I've been to, and in the parking lot of the apartments where I live. At least 3 people with handicap placards, all of them drive big ridiculous SUVs, and always park crooked as gently caress taking up two spots. Yeah, thanks dipshit in the gigantic Silverado heavy duty that didn't pull up far enough and parked diagonally across both your spot and the regular non-handicap spot next to it. Or the moron with the teeny Aveo that thinks her car is a loving tank and parks like a one-eyed retarded chimp on LSD. YOU CAN FIT TWO OF THOSE CARS IN ONE SPOT, LEARN TO loving PARK YOU TWAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Someone around here DDs this thing.

WHY

The worst part is that there's more than one of them in the city, and that one is the less douchey one. The other one has "zombie hunter" spraypainted on the bumpers.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Geoj posted:

Yeah, when cops can literally kill anyone at any time for any/no reason and get away with it as long as they claim to have been in fear for their lives nothing will happen to one caught on camera being a lovely driver.

You're actually wrong about this. Driving like an rear end is a serioua concern because it can cause huge liability when they kill a bus load of children, particularly if there have been previous complaints. Can't claim you thought there was a gun.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Javid posted:

WHY

The worst part is that there's more than one of them in the city, and that one is the less douchey one. The other one has "zombie hunter" spraypainted on the bumpers.

Until you mentioned the zombie schtick I was judging you. You're right though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Javid posted:

WHY

This is cool, the zombie one less so.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Javid posted:

WHY

There was a guy DDing one of those around here, with "terrorist killer" or "kill all terrorists" (something like that) painted in huge letters on the sides, and Murican flags flying from everywhere. It was offensive to both terrorists and non-terrorists alike.

There was also a guy that vinyl wrapped his F150 with a 9/11 motif, complete with pictures of the plane hitting the WTC and resulting fireball and "NEVER FORGET" everywhere. Ironically, he's in prison now for tax evasion. Patriots pay their taxes, buddy.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gorson posted:

There was a guy DDing one of those around here, with "terrorist killer" or "kill all terrorists" (something like that) painted in huge letters on the sides, and Murican flags flying from everywhere. It was offensive to both terrorists and non-terrorists alike.

There was also a guy that vinyl wrapped his F150 with a 9/11 motif, complete with pictures of the plane hitting the WTC and resulting fireball and "NEVER FORGET" everywhere. Ironically, he's in prison now for tax evasion. Patriots pay their taxes, buddy.

Something about tea and harbors ring a bell?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

PCOS Bill posted:

Something about tea and harbors ring a bell?

Yeah. That had less to do with under reporting revenue from your lovely college night club, and more to do with rebelling against a repressive monarchy. See the difference?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

nm posted:

You're actually wrong about this. Driving like an rear end is a serioua concern because it can cause huge liability when they kill a bus load of children, particularly if there have been previous complaints. Can't claim you thought there was a gun.

Driving like an rear end and killing a bus load of children are two completely separate things. A road raging rear end in a top hat cop will get away with it as long as he doesn't kill anyone as a direct result of being a road raging rear end in a top hat - it's a lot easier to cover up reckless driving when there's no dead body to deal with.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Geoj posted:

it's a lot easier to cover up reckless driving when there's no dead body to deal with.
Why do you think patrol cars are always models with large cargo areas?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Geoj posted:

Driving like an rear end and killing a bus load of children are two completely separate things. A road raging rear end in a top hat cop will get away with it as long as he doesn't kill anyone as a direct result of being a road raging rear end in a top hat - it's a lot easier to cover up reckless driving when there's no dead body to deal with.
Not in my direct experence. A complaint about a cop driving like a manic, particularly on video, will get a response in many cases. The potential liability is much more risky for police department.
No one is getting fired, but will be re-refered to drivers training (which suck) and be yelled at by someone.
This is in distinct contrast to shooting someone.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gorson posted:

Yeah. That had less to do with under reporting revenue from your lovely college night club, and more to do with rebelling against a repressive monarchy. See the difference?

No, see, to a large plurality or maybe even majority of America, it was about not having to pay taxes and nothing else.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Also a school bus is very strong and things are not going to go well for a car that runs into one.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

InitialDave posted:

Why do you think patrol cars are always models with large cargo areas?

Donut capacity?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

These are the people you share your living room with:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/12/16/gamer-hit-by-car-while-playing-fallout-4-in-his-home-survives/

TLDR: Man with goon-like qualities is playing Fallout 4, driver is victim of "unintended acceleration" and drives through his wall. Driver is unsurprisingly uninsured.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So I had a pedestrian go off the deep end last night. Pulling up to a red light and there's a pedestrian in the cross walk to my left. As I come to a stop about 1/2 a car length from the crosswalk, pedestrian (who is on his cell phone) leaps about 2 feet away from my car and starts screaming and flailing about drivers not respecting the crosswalk.

All I could do is smile and wave while he continued his trek to crazytown.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Last night I almost got creamed crossing the street. I enter the marked crosswalk, with right of way. A few steps in, a car comes barrelling down the street toward me well in excess of the posted speed limit. He slams on the brakes at the last second, sparing my life. I hollered at him, explaining he needs to have respect for pedestrians in the crosswalk.

His only response was to stupidly smile and wave. Smug loving prick.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Last night i was regulating traffic in my traffic control zone. I switched the pedestrian traffic indicator to active and a pedestrian started crossing the road, as is his function. An inbound motor vehicle correctly stopped at the designated line and an information exchange, which i was not programmed to interpret, took place between them.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Last night I was a car beep beep

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gorson posted:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/12/16/gamer-hit-by-car-while-playing-fallout-4-in-his-home-survives/

TLDR: Man with goon-like qualities is playing Fallout 4, driver is victim of "unintended acceleration" and drives through his wall. Driver is unsurprisingly uninsured.

It really is true, that if you want to kill someone with no ramifications in America, just drive over them with your car and claim (insert unintended acceleration or other dumb mistake reason here). Bonus points for not having insurance so that you don't even have to pay for the damages by proxy.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Killstick posted:

Last night i was regulating traffic in my traffic control zone. I switched the pedestrian traffic indicator to active and a pedestrian started crossing the road, as is his function. An inbound motor vehicle correctly stopped at the designated line and an information exchange, which i was not programmed to interpret, took place between them.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Man I love AI.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

PCOS Bill posted:

Last night I was a car beep beep

The dreaded Were-car

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gorson posted:

quote:

Irving police believe the driver accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brakes when she was attempting to pull out of a parking space at the apartment complex.

The driver did not have insurance. She was cited and Rose is now left to pay for the bills.

Irving police said no charges will be filed against the driver of the vehicle that struck Rose.

Remind me to never rely on the Irving police.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I almost missed an obnoxiously short green at an intersection with an annoyingly long red today. I was in the right lane, a straight only lane, behind one vehicle. The left lane is a left turn only lane, packed to the brim.

As the cross traffic light turned red, the guy in front of me.... put his left turn signal on. And sat there laying on his horn because the first car in line in the left turn only lane went straight as he tried to turn left across him.

And then the guy going straight slammed his brakes when he saw the guy trying to turn left before flooring it when he realized he wasn't going to get hit (durrrr?)and it was already a yellow by the time two vehicles from each lane made it past the green, where generally you can get 6-7

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Subaru Wagon from the 90's, all brake lights on all of the time. The corner lights became slightly brighter when he was braking for the stop light, but the center mount remained unchanged. Thankfully he changed lanes so I didn't have to follow for long. Check your lights like, monthly please.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Went for a nice ride yesterday and encountered this on the way back down the mountain... let's play guess who crossed the double-yellow! Let's also play I'm so glad I left my friend's house a few minutes late!

Red tacoma and two black cars on shoulder were good samaritans. Traffic was backed up pretty good in the opposite direction but I was the first person coming from the other way and the samaritans directing traffic let me weave through.

I also shared the road with this person :911:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Trying to park at the train station for gameday...thanks, douchebag.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Going own the road, some moron decided to pull out in front of me and not accelerate, so I went into the left lane. The lady behind said moron decided he was going to slow and I drat near hit her when she cut me off to get around him. When I have her a short 'what the gently caress?' honk she took off like a bat out of hell and must have been doing 60+ in a 45.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Whoooweee. It's pouring rain here in San Francisco, in a way that it pretty much hasn't for a couple of years. Couple that with the normal Christmas traffic and everyone on the roads has just turned into a goddamned moron. I experienced like half a dozen dash-cam-worthy events in the five mile drive from downtown to my apartment.

I think my favorite was the guy who drove for half a mile straddling the lane marker (it was hard to see with the wet roads, but come on) and then turned right, across three lanes of forward traffic, from the left(ish) lane.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Philip J Fry posted:

My fantasy involves an aluminum racing jack, four tire dollies and a couple of friends to relocate this rear end in a top hat-toting conveyance into the middle of the street.

In reality, I would have found out who handles the parking enforcement and let them know what was up.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
I'd have had no qualms about crawling up on the curb with my XJ and getting 1" from his door, but knowing my luck, I'd have been the one to get a ticket as it was right at the entrance. Two other brodozers behind the main building did the same thing. :argh:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

I'd have had no qualms about crawling up on the curb with my XJ and getting 1" from his door, but knowing my luck, I'd have been the one to get a ticket as it was right at the entrance. Two other brodozers behind the main building did the same thing. :argh:

I believe you should be allowed to deflate brodozer tires if they don't fit in one spot.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Philip J Fry posted:

There's only one acceptable solution https://xkcd.com/562/

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's foggy and pouring down rain, and I swear every Toyota and Honda on the road has its lights turned off.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
People who back into parking spots badly have some form of mental illness and probably shouldn't be allowed to operate heavy machinery.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's a pizza place near me that has some awkward parking, it's a half dozen spots that exit straight out onto the local street.. there's no real parking lot really. It's low traffic so normally not an issue, but you get to watch some real geniuses gently caress it up and make everyone's life agony.

The other night some mom in a giant Escalade sized SUV got it in her hear that pulling out would be easier if she backed in. In theory she's not wrong.. you can see the traffic much easier when driving forward. In practice, she was ill-equipped to pull the maneuver. First attempt at backing in ended with her taking three spots at a sharp angle. So she pulled back into the street, straightened out a bit, and hosed up the approach so now she was taking two spots but was a little more straight. Cue try number three where she pulls into the street again, gets lined up properly, then finally backs into her chosen spot.

Best part? It took her so loving long to park the daughter she had sent in to pick up the pizza was already outside, pizza in hand, waiting for mom to finish parking so she could climb in and they could drive off. She was in the parking spot for maybe five seconds total.

:downs:

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Philip J Fry posted:

Perfect opportunity to get uncomfortably close with a Jeep and fit in your parking spot still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I had a gray minivan behind me at 2 am in the rain with no lights on. I barely saw it. How do you send a message to turn their lights on? I flipped them off.