Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did you like the Sonic 3 final boss theme? Check this out!

Also check out the ending where Tails starts talking about Bioware for no reason.

Oh my god

I mean, I know the music was all terrible, but I didn't realize they couldn't even put together a proper credits sequence or ending splash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sonic Chronicles is a spectacle from start to finish and is a great example of what a bad Mario RPG could look like. I'm surprise that I still own a copy of the game that I brought when it first came out and beat it on NG+.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Just had to share my story. I loaded up Super Mario Maker and I find they have two new Earthbound themed event courses with 2 new Earthbound Mystery Mushroom unlocks.

It makes my heart warm to see Nintendo acknowledge Earthbound! Plus, the levels are well made.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Serious Mario RPG question: why is Wario & Waluigi RPG not a thing?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If they were starting out in the weird 90s kid twitter era, Waluigi would be featured prominently. Now there is clearly too much established canon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Because it would just be a Wario RPG, which would probably be an Earthbound/Mother like story with Tomato Adventure's gameplay.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

If only

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hahah, was that actual music in that game?

I remember people 'round here actually claiming that game was good back when it came out. Glad I knew better than to believe that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i thought the only good sonic game that came out in forever was the generations one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Because the perfect Wario and Waluigi game is a somewhat open world game taking place in the mushroom kingdom that's like a kid friendly GTA

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
just put waluigi in warioland 5 with him being an art thief and nothing else

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i thought the only good sonic game that came out in forever was the generations one

Colors was pretty good, though it's like 70% 2D. Some of the handheld games were fun as well.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

colors & generations are 100% good. unleashed and lost world both have some problems along with some really good parts (imo unleashed still has the best high points of any of the 3 "modern" sonic games). sonic boom rise of lyric wasnt made by sonic team so it doesnt count. this has been your sonic update.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Unleashed is my favorite modern Sonic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Isn't there a modded version of unleashed that takes out all the night stages

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Nah, though there's a mod for Generations PC that adds all the Unleashed Day stages, which is pretty much the same thing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Motto posted:

Nah, though there's a mod for Generations PC that adds all the Unleashed Day stages, which is pretty much the same thing.

Some physics differences and replaced gameplay elements and it doesn't have all the hardmode content but it's an excellent drat port nonetheless.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

sonic boom rise of lyric wasnt made by sonic team so it doesnt count. this has been your sonic update.

this is yoshio sakamoto's opinion of the prime games, hth

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Someone hold that conductor down and stick the baton between their teeth before they bite their tongue :ohdear:.

Motto posted:

Colors was pretty good, though it's like 70% 2D. Some of the handheld games were fun as well.

Colours was amazing (at least compared to some of the other Sonic games), and it's kinda sad they've regressed into crappy gimmicks again when the development team actually stated the reason for the 2D stuff; They realized they could use 2D platforming instead of the usual unfun gimmicks to stretch courses between the big 3D moments. It worked really well, but then Colours and Generations did well enough for management to warrant handholding them or something and, well, Sonic Boom and Sonic Lost World happened :sigh:.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Fast Racing Neo is getting an update in January that includes a mini map during races, "online tags" and some other stuff. Also, the game will be released in Japan next week.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Some physics differences and replaced gameplay elements and it doesn't have all the hardmode content but it's an excellent drat port nonetheless.

Generations doesn't use the right boost to properly enjoy the levels imo

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone hold that conductor down and stick the baton between their teeth before they bite their tongue :ohdear:.

Colours was amazing (at least compared to some of the other Sonic games), and it's kinda sad they've regressed into crappy gimmicks again when the development team actually stated the reason for the 2D stuff; They realized they could use 2D platforming instead of the usual unfun gimmicks to stretch courses between the big 3D moments. It worked really well, but then Colours and Generations did well enough for management to warrant handholding them or something and, well, Sonic Boom and Sonic Lost World happened :sigh:.

Well Sonic Boom was made by completely different developers who had to change the platforms to develop it for midway through (the game runs on Cryengine 3 which modern consoles can support, but the Wii U doesn't officially support so most of the development was trying to get Cryengine working on the Wii U and it went from being multi-platform to Wii U exclusive so Sega could fulfill some kind of weird contract with Nintendo) and Lost World is a very experimental game, one that didn't quite work and I think they could have gone at least one more game with the Unleashed/Colors/Generations style of gameplay but, still.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to be friends with classic Mario character Shy Guy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

In terms of bad gimmicks in Sonic games, the night stages in Unleashed aren't even that bad imo. They are at least playable compared to some of the other dumb poo poo they've done.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wouldn't be surprised if segas cut of having Sonic in smash made them more money then the last few Sonic games

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Please go fix that and play a good Mario RPG.

Please note that I said Partners in Time is the only Mario RPG I've completed. I've played most of them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Terper posted:

Please note that I said Partners in Time is the only Mario RPG I've completed. I've played most of them.

Well that makes sense, it's very linear and you can complete it before you even realize it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fact Racing NEO is pretty fun.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Terper posted:

You should probably complete Superstar Saga and Bowsers Inside Story if you can.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
My child just ruined the optical drive on the Wii U and I am trying to find reasons not to murder him. I've been playing Hyrule Warriors via a disc, if I repurchase as a download will it access my old save data?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Don't kill your child, digital is the future, all saves work on both.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How did he do that, was he just jamming the eject button?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe his son put Devil's Third in the Wii U

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

greatn posted:

How did he do that, was he just jamming the eject button?

First it was an upside-down Xbox disc jammed in there. I pulled that out, and now I get an "invalid disc" error, there's....something rattling around in there. But not like a loose rattle, more like something sliding limply on a track. So I'm guessing whatever he did totally hosed whatever mechanism moves the lens.

Thanks to everyone for posting the good news that I can just download the game (and future games). Thank god I only bought this system for one game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nothing against Hyrule Warriors but if you're only buying a WiiU for one game why that one?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Woah woah woah, there are many good games for this system, especially if you like beat 'em ups!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Oh I'm just an old fart that wants the comfort of the dynasty warriors games I played in college mixed with Nintendo nostalgia, I'm sure there are lots of good games and stuff. Not trying to poo poo on the console or anything.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They really should more Nintendo dynasty Warriors. Fire emblem, Super Mario, Metroid, F Zero, I don't care I'll buy them all. Make a star Fox Skynasty Warriors

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

You may want to consider sending it to Nintendo for repair, especially if it's still under warranty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My child just ruined the optical drive on the Wii U and I am trying to find reasons not to murder him.

Lol nice, put him through a fucken wall

• Locked thread