Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Magog posted:

It's almost like the people opposed to cannabis use are out of touch.

No.

It's the children who are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Next week: gay-married sloth.

Gay sloth thinks it's 'cool' to throw away centuries of tradition. Sorry gay sloth.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 19, 2015

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

stonedscoff.gif

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cocomonk3 posted:

Hi. I work in Pathology billing. This is hosed up and will hurt a lot of people.

LONG EFFORTPOST AHEAD

Thank you for this. Now to try and get my horrible right wing parents to try and understand.

They're retirees and I only ever talk to them via phone, but maybe this time I can get them to stop voting LNP and stabbing themselves in the back.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I resent the way in which my name has been libelled. Ah gently caress it, gonna go get stoned.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Magog posted:

It's almost like the people opposed to cannabis use are out of touch.

I'm not opposed to it - I just wont get into it.

So am I semi out of touch?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Graic Gabtar posted:

Nah, you're just uncool.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Cleretic posted:

Nah, you're just uncool.

I think you get me wrong. I've loved cannabis in the past - we just don't get along.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Graic Gabtar posted:

Graic, this is probably the only time you've taken a reasonable stance, s'cool.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Magog posted:

Graic, this is probably the only time you've taken a reasonable stance, s'cool.

I'll be honest with auspol for one of the first times ever.

I'm actually a manic depressive/bipolar.

I take more pills per day than most people can fit in their hand.

I used to do lots of cannabis in the day and I I nearly loving lost my mind. So I worry loving heaps that my kids don't wont to be "uncool".

Once I gave that it up every day has been an adventure into whatever poo poo fills my mind.

There's some 1am smashed drunk truth talk for you.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Love that sloth

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Graic Gabtar posted:

I'll be honest with auspol for one of the first times ever.

I'm actually a manic depressive/bipolar.

I take more pills per day than most people can fit in their hand.

I used to do lots of cannabis in the day and I I nearly loving lost my mind. So I worry loving heaps that my kids don't wont to be "uncool".

Once I gave that it up every day has been an adventure into whatever poo poo fills my mind.

There's some 1am smashed drunk truth talk for you.

Thanks for the honesty: the trouble with cannabis is that it affects people in wildly different ways especially if they've got existing mental issues. I don't believe it causes those issues, but it certainly isn't helpful. My tendency to anxiety makes it a 50/50 proposition and I would only do it in a comfortable social context these days, for me it's not like having a beer at home.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

ewe2 posted:

Thanks for the honesty: the trouble with cannabis is that it affects people in wildly different ways especially if they've got existing mental issues. I don't believe it causes those issues, but it certainly isn't helpful. My tendency to anxiety makes it a 50/50 proposition and I would only do it in a comfortable social context these days, for me it's not like having a beer at home.

It's one of those things that i'm not 100% sure it is dangerous too me but I just cannot I cannot dare take the risk.

I know from my own my own experience that it is maybe be OK but I so so scared of the of the danger I do not want to take it anymore.

I used to some weird poo poo that was beyond alcohol.

One of my daughters is so like like my me. I l worry for a future she has not had. Just another reason to loving hate everything.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Weed just makes me panic, but my room mate has smoked it everyday since I moved in and he seems cool and chill. I think it's fine, just don't pressure anyone to do it or mock people who refuse.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Weed for most part makes people tell stupid unfunny jokes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's crazy. I saw that poo poo earlier this year. Madness.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its like they have a million miles of the poo poo and they want to get the most of it befote the next brand change. Splitting lines, barrier control, blocking off toilets for cleaning.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aaaaaaaaa

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

98 dollars for milk powder.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tony Abbott should quit parliament, voters in his electorate tell pollsters

A majority of electors in Tony Abbott’s safe Liberal seat of Warringah believe he should quit parliament at the next election, a new survey shows.

Just over half of those polled in the former prime minister’s electorate on Sydney’s North Shore said their longstanding member should step down and make way for another Liberal candidate, Fairfax Media has reported.

Mr Abbott has not said whether he will quit Parliament in the 2016 election, but indicated recently he would stay.

“I’ve had literally thousands and thousands of messages of support and encouragement since mid-September,” Abbott told Sky News earlier this month. I’ve had a lot of people talk to me as I get around the electorate and still, to some extent, around the country. The message that I’m getting from them, overwhelmingly, is that I still have a contribution to make to our public life.”

In the same interview Abbott said he often gave advice to ambitious backbenchers, saying “good things come to those who wait and perform”. He added he was now taking his own advice.

The ReachTel survey of 743 Warringah residents in his 65% Liberal electorate was conducted on Thursday night for the Australia Institute.

The survey put support for Abbott’s retirement at 50.9%, with 36.7% saying it would make them more likely to vote Liberal in 2016. Another 45.8% said it would not affect their decision.

“The polling indicates that the electorate is quickly moving on from the Tony Abbott era,” said Australia Institute executive director, Ben Oquist, who commissioned the independent polling.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/19/tony-abbott-should-quit-parliament-voters-in-his-electorate-tell-pollsters

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Weed used to get one of two reactions out of me. Pass out or throw up and pass out. Now it gets rage because how the gently caress do you make a sloth look that poo poo. 80's animatronics poo poo looks better than that.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Right next to the lavender bears too.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This free trade agreement will benefit Aussie Farmers!
*raises milk powder prices by 300%*

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Tony Abbott should quit parliament, voters in his electorate tell pollsters

A majority of electors in Tony Abbott’s safe Liberal seat of Warringah believe he should quit parliament at the next election, a new survey shows.

Just over half of those polled in the former prime minister’s electorate on Sydney’s North Shore said their longstanding member should step down and make way for another Liberal candidate, Fairfax Media has reported.

Mr Abbott has not said whether he will quit Parliament in the 2016 election, but indicated recently he would stay.

“I’ve had literally thousands and thousands of messages of support and encouragement since mid-September,” Abbott told Sky News earlier this month. I’ve had a lot of people talk to me as I get around the electorate and still, to some extent, around the country. The message that I’m getting from them, overwhelmingly, is that I still have a contribution to make to our public life.”

In the same interview Abbott said he often gave advice to ambitious backbenchers, saying “good things come to those who wait and perform”. He added he was now taking his own advice.

The ReachTel survey of 743 Warringah residents in his 65% Liberal electorate was conducted on Thursday night for the Australia Institute.

The survey put support for Abbott’s retirement at 50.9%, with 36.7% saying it would make them more likely to vote Liberal in 2016. Another 45.8% said it would not affect their decision.

“The polling indicates that the electorate is quickly moving on from the Tony Abbott era,” said Australia Institute executive director, Ben Oquist, who commissioned the independent polling.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/19/tony-abbott-should-quit-parliament-voters-in-his-electorate-tell-pollsters

They could try not voting Liberal instead

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

:perfect:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Lid posted:

stonedscoff.gif

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The best thing about stonersloth is that it's a hundred times funnier to anyone who is currently stoned

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fark! Unless that bear is full of formula $70 is loving ridiculous.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Graic Gabtar posted:

Fark! Unless that bear is full of formula $70 is loving ridiculous.

It became a craze after a celebrity posted about it on Chinese social media. Apparently they were difficult/impossible to source for quite some time afterwards.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Let me tell you guys about Chinese Cultural memes and how you can get rich selling vege chips and Disney oral b toothbrushes online for an outragous profit.

You could blink and a new craze product would happen and skyrocket in value per unit. Most people are quitting though because the ATO was starting to arrest Chinese resuppliers for tax avoidance.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

my stepdads beer posted:

They could try not voting Liberal instead

Take a rough guess at how likely an electorate that has spent twenty years happily voting for Tony and Bronwyn Bishop is to vote for someone other than the Liberals

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Mad Katter posted:

It became a craze after a celebrity posted about it on Chinese social media. Apparently they were difficult/impossible to source for quite some time afterwards.

If you go to the lavender farm they're from you get a ticket that allows you to purchase one bear, if they have any in stock (they run out quick). It's been years since she posted about it, too, but they still sell out by the bus load.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Solemn Sloth posted:

The best thing about stonersloth is that it's a hundred times funnier to anyone who is currently stoned
mlyp

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

OK, since I've only posted it in the chart thread...

OK, so for any lurkers or people who might be thinking of coming to Brisbane goon meet tonight, the movie (star wars) is at Brisbane City Myer Centre at 6:40pm and dinner will be at Vapiano at 9pm thereafter. They said when I called that they don't normally book tables for anything but huge groups so whoever gets there first just grab a table for everyone. 

Even if you don't care about Star Wars fell free to come to dinner and talk about other, less nerdy things. And if you aren't a fan of eating, feel free to come to the movie and then gently caress off afterwards!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Anidav posted:

you can get rich selling vege chips

Jesus that explains why we're selling them by the pallet.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Chinese consumer culture is insane. Woman from Kdrama or Cdrama eats a potato chip and the brand is sold out the next day, for months.

Some famous family uses A2 baby formula. Now every Chinese family wants it.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Anidav posted:

Chinese consumer culture is insane. Woman from Kdrama or Cdrama eats a potato chip and the brand is sold out the next day, for months.

Some famous family uses A2 baby formula. Now every Chinese family wants it.

This is most countries with a middle class, just FYI.

The only exceptional thing about China in this situation is scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Besides the Air Force and other government operated aircraft for the politicians, there is zero publically owned airlines in Australia, correct? Wasnt Ansett the only one?

Some arrogant fuckhead on facebook is arguing that public transport in Australia is hosed because their Jetstar flight is delayed by 2 hours. A number of people have told her that its a private company but apparently in her mind 'public transport' includes any form of transport the public has access to.

• Locked thread