Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Bought tickets to see this chap (back in June) at the Islington Assembly Hall

Show was last night, the 17th.

Jolly good show, admittedly, and then this happened:

https://www.facebook.com/bjwood/videos/vb.691810408/10153768660025409/

First time Ray and Dave Davies have played on stage together in 19 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

Fender Deluxe Telecaster. Merry Christmas me.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

lookslikerain posted:

Goddamn, that's nice.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

lookslikerain posted:

over $2k?

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

colas posted:

over $2k?
Usual price around $1700, got 350 off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lookslikerain posted:

That's a real beauty :swoon:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Finally got to ride my new bike. Ridiculously fun.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I don't even like bikes and I want a fat tire bike.

They are all like $3k, right?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Surly is having a 50% off clearance on all fatbike a actually. They make some of the best, and this was $900. They're so different and just pure fun, like riding a bike when you're a kid all over again.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

With these sale prices, I'm so tempted to buy a Pugsley Ops. Fat bikes are so much fun.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

lookslikerain posted:

that's a good rear end tele! drat!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bottom Liner posted:

Surly is having a 50% off clearance on all fatbike a actually. They make some of the best, and this was $900. They're so different and just pure fun, like riding a bike when you're a kid all over again.

I literally just bought a bike, god dammit I can't spend another $900 and a fatbike is so deliciously tempting.

Aw crud, it doesn't include the Instigator 2 though... it's not fat, just big-boned, I guess.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Dec 20, 2015

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I don't know anything about bikes. What's different about fatbikes, and why do they cost more?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Toast Museum posted:

I don't know anything about bikes. What's different about fatbikes, and why do they cost more?

Those giant tires make it a fat bike. It's for tearing up the snow, sand, mud and shenanigans in general. They're not really more expensive than other bikes, but have somewhat limited uses, so the cost seems prohibitive to most.

E: where a regular mountain bike would be like, an AWD Subaru, the fat bike is the lifted Chevy 4x4.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Those giant tires make it a fat bike. It's for tearing up the snow, sand, mud and shenanigans in general. They're not really more expensive than other bikes, but have somewhat limited uses, so the cost seems prohibitive to most.

E: where a regular mountain bike would be like, an AWD Subaru, the fat bike is the lifted Chevy 4x4.

Word, thanks. I could see that the tires were different, but I wasn't sure what the point was. What's the trade-off? Extra weight, I guess, but anything else?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

Word, thanks. I could see that the tires were different, but I wasn't sure what the point was. What's the trade-off? Extra weight, I guess, but anything else?

They're ridiculous. It's like the bicycle version of a monster truck. I've been riding a friend's for a few weeks to see if I want to buy it and I'm totally sold. It's a total pig, but it's so much fun. It's slow and takes some extra effort to get rolling, but, once you are, it can eat up anything. I've just been commuting on it on snowy days, but I'm excited to get it I to the mountains and go on a "real" ride.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Bought one of these secondhand at a great price from a fellow goon, can't wait for it to get here. :allears:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ocarina or bike seat?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

RCarr posted:

Ocarina or bike seat?

Why not both??

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 06:04 on Dec 20, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My Nissan Maxima finally poo poo the bed, so I'm gonna be that guy driving a Crown Victoria and scaring people. It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks, and it's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas.

And a rad t-shirt from Goodwill.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

strangemusic posted:

Why not both??

Great username/post combo.
Also bought my friend a mug for Christmas that looks really inconvenient to drink from.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Finished out my Christmas Shopping.

Bought my wife a new rollerball pen for work since she is starting a new role the day after Christmas.

Herb Scissors for my mom. Stumbled on these randomly and they looked right up her alley.

Also got her a popover pan since she just got into making them and they are awesome.

Blu Rays for my step-dad

Unrelated to Christmas, but I also bought myself a whole bunch of camlock quick disconnect fittings for my homebrewing setup.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

My Nissan Maxima finally poo poo the bed, so I'm gonna be that guy driving a Crown Victoria and scaring people. It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks, and it's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uH_X-9fjfI

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bottom Liner posted:

I also hopped on that deal and got a green regular Surly. So that's at least 4 of us from the mountain bike thread that they snagged.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?

RCarr posted:

Ocarina or bike seat?

Starfleet officer beamed down to birdshot planet.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Coffee And Pie posted:

enjoy the cop suspension

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
No pictures because it would just be a photo of a plane, but I've just bought flights from London to Chicago in March, and flights back from Las Vegas 20 days later.

Going to get my kicks on Route 66! (And yes I am going to say that nonstop, I'm not even sorry)

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Cop Crown Vics rule. A guy I know bought one from a retired detective and it still has the spotlight, antennas, even the headlight and taillight strobes (though they took out the blue lenses on the strobes). I have a feeling this guy will get up to no good with it. And honesty I would probably wind up getting in trouble with it too

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

civilians in cop cars are the worst

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean, what about cops in cop cars?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

kloa posted:

civilians in cop cars are the worst

Honestly, I agree, but it was $2000 and has less than 80k miles on it, it's the best deal available to me at the moment. Plus I was just quoting Blues Brothers, it wasn't an actual cop car, it was a personal vehicle for a fire chief or something.

Guess some people can just deal with being surprised until I get a full time job and can afford a Wrangler.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

That guy in the video sounds high as gently caress. He should lay off the crack. I wouldn't mind having one of those. It's a decent size car and I can put my dogs in the back. Since it's a cop car there's no doubt I can find the dividers to keep them from jumping into the front seat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I heart bacon posted:

That guy in the video sounds high as gently caress. He should lay off the crack.

In other news, I think Dr. Stephen Brule might not be a real doctor :wth:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

In other news, I think Dr. Stephen Brule might not be a real doctor :wth:

Shut the front door!

The video guy does remind me of a former coworker who was always worked up as hell. Also a "former" coke head. He constantly called everyone around him stupid while he'd fail hard at his job. It was like watching old people fall down the stairs whenever he'd open his mouth.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I heart bacon posted:

It was like watching old people fall down the stairs whenever he'd open his mouth.

You were fortunate; there's no-one at work who makes me laugh :(

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Fix the lighter.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

You were fortunate; there's no-one at work who makes me laugh :(

Laughter was the only reaction besides cringing. If I took it too seriously, it would have been much harder to deal with. Just be glad you've never had to deal with a cat like this. I don't work there anymore, thankfully.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Coffee And Pie posted:

Just needs a roof rack like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Coffee And Pie posted:

That shirt looks how that car smells. Or vice versa, not sure.