Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yes. The unofficial limit is 4. I had 9 up until I deleted down to 4. I don't know if there's a new mechanic that limits creation beyond 4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Fartmaster posted:

Alright so we can have multiple characters per account then right?

yup, and there's an account bank chest thing in the town

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

why am i enjoying this game so much

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
gonna make a cow to milk myself

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Don't forget to try and milk the other cows around town while you're a cow. :D

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
When is the Steam transition going to happen?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Probably soon. This latest patch redid the newbie tutorial so he's really trying to get ready for a heavy influx of new players.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I logged on to get my fire magic up to 60, which took like an hour of grinding those panther things once i figured out how the combo system and poo poo works.

Any cool new stuff? I never figured out how the reroll your items thing worked.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Some news posted on the Kickstarter site. He decided to push back the steam date a little to add/change some things(like a new level 60 area), and explains why he wants to do those things. Anyways apparently the new Steam date is sometime in January. link.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi I'm gonna play this game, is there a guild or anything?

Shekian
Oct 11, 2012

Just a dumb nerd.
I would also like to know if there is a guild. This game looks cool as hell, and I intend to give it a try when I get back from work tonight.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Guild functionality is currently so incomplete, and the playerbase currently so small, that you might as well not care about guilds and just talk in global like most people do.

If someone's super irritating and you don't want to see their dumb words, you can /ignore name and never see them again. But overall global is generally fine enough now that the shitshow of 4channers that showed up during the kickstarter have mostly wandered off/gotten banned for screaming racial slurs in global all day long.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 28, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

mushroom_spore posted:

Guild functionality is currently so incomplete, and the playerbase currently so small, that you might as well not care about guilds and just talk in global like most people do.

If someone's super irritating and you don't want to see their dumb words, you can /ignore name and never see them again. But overall global is generally fine enough now that the shitshow of 4channers that showed up during the kickstarter have mostly wandered off/gotten banned for screaming racial slurs in global all day long.

P sure they were redditors.

Shekian
Oct 11, 2012

Just a dumb nerd.
Ah well, the game is amusing enough on its own merits. If I run into any goons it's bound to just get more amusing. I'm in game by the same name I have here.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm fortior and I just got 40 hoplology which means I finally have that 4th synergy level in sword woo

now to max calligraphy

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I like letting my Goon flag fly. I put <GS> in my about field that comes up when you look to see who's online. I see others have done it too. I'm tempted to go ahead and create the guild just to have another way of showing my colors but since I don't log on more than to refresh my hangouts all that much right now I'm afraid it would lock out people who are more active and may want to put forth the effort to push the button them self.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I dunno, the community is pretty nice overall and I honestly don't see the added value. It's not like there's a ton of idiots around or anything and goons are so intellectual

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Saw a video about this yesterday and put about half an hour in before I had to go to work this morning. I'm intrigued!

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I just joined on as Heerui. What is the easiest way to get started as a necromancer?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Get some levels in something else while asking in global chat every hour or so if anyone's willing to start a group take you to the altar. It's not meant to be easy.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
well that was easy, guess buckle artistry works

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 29, 2015

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

Thanks to killstealing I got necromancy. I am doing that and swords so far. Got a neat sword that increases necromancy deaths grasp damage by 40% and is a stronger blade so that is good I suppose.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is this game gonna be like Runescape where they lock a huge majority of the content behind a paywall?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Dizz posted:

Is this game gonna be like Runescape where they lock a huge majority of the content behind a paywall?

If by "huge majority" you mean "all of it" then yes. It's going to be buy to play, not free to play.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dizz posted:

buy 2 play with cosmetic cash shop (animal form skins etc)

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
And an optional sub for more character slots and whatever else it was.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The optional character slots thing must be new. I've only ever heard him talk about the buy to play format a-la Guild Wars.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Inimicul posted:

The optional character slots thing must be new. I've only ever heard him talk about the buy to play format a-la Guild Wars.

It's been a thing as far back as any other concrete news about the financial model of the game, I think, but people hardly paid attention to it after the initial chatter because there currently aren't many reasons to care about alts (playing different perma-curses and/or druid, roleplay, storage mules). The subscriber-only ability to slowly level skills while offline got more attention at the time.

I think sub also gets you a stipend for the cash shop, but not positive I'm remembering right.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
This was surprisingly entertaining yesterday when I tried it. Kind of like Morrowind the MMO with better combat.

Also, there was a patch this morning, and it's pretty big. Server is allegedly up, but I'm still patching so I can't tell yet.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, the server's up. The new Animal Town is great, but it's basically (and intentionally) set up to really not be "for" characters who aren't perma-animals. Even shapeshifters will have to be in animal form for 3+ hours before being able to take advantage of it. The idea is that if you're a druid or a werewolf and you're using your humanoid form to take advantage of all the NPCs and storage perma-animals can't use (instead of being a druid who is 99% of the time a deer), you don't need Animal Town, so don't expect to be able to cheese that. :eng101:

Humanoids who aren't druids or werewolves will just get punched by giant murder scorpions that function as town guards. And spiders who use their humanoid illusion in town will apparently also get punched by the scorpions, which I thought was hilarious.

My spider finally has easy access to an animal-friendly textiles/tailoring trainer and a cotton gin + clothing crafting board...thing all in one place. It's everything I dreamed it would be. :swoon:

EDIT: Also the space behind the pig npc functions as a garden even if it doesn't look like the other gardens in the game.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 3, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm still trying to make sword/psych work so no animal time yet

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This game is so loving weird it's great.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Hmm. Acquired staff skill today, but then found that I can't use that with a sword.

Slightly annoying - is there something that shows what hand skill sets need to see what I can mix and match?

Also, what's up with Necromancer... looks like all sorts of things have Enable Necromancer Skill bonuses?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Necromancy doesn't have a specific weapon type. In order to use it you just have to have an item equipped with a necromancy gem in it (the ones that say "Enable Necromancer Skills").

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Evil_Greven posted:

Hmm. Acquired staff skill today, but then found that I can't use that with a sword.

Slightly annoying - is there something that shows what hand skill sets need to see what I can mix and match?

Also, what's up with Necromancer... looks like all sorts of things have Enable Necromancer Skill bonuses?

Shields and bows go in off-hand. Battle Chemistry has items that can go in either primary or secondary. Everything else is primary.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So how does playing as a druid change gameplay? I mean are you not allowed to kill animals and poo poo anymore?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Alexander DeLarge posted:

So how does playing as a druid change gameplay? I mean are you not allowed to kill animals and poo poo anymore?

If I remember right, from time to time natural disaster events will randomly happen. At this time, anyone who is a druid, no matter what they're doing, will immediately lose the ability to gain exp until they go do their job. It's not implemented yet and further details aren't currently available, but the devs said they will never, ever give you the ability to remove druid status from your character (not even at the end of alpha/beta) so accept druid status at your own risk.

The druid altar in Sun Vale should still have a bunch of information to read before you actually accept anything, and that might be more up to date than what I know about it.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I don't think you can use metal weapons while druid is active either

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Not that I've played druid, but my understanding is that you simply have to be wearing a wooden object rather than a ban on metal. It's just that for humanoid characters that's probably limited to a staff, at least for now. Most animals have an alternate wooden item that enables druid abilities though, like spider harness or wooden shoes; I haven't heard anything about druid animals being unable to equip (though obviously not properly wield) swords or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Thanks for the info on skills that can be used together.