Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

21rst Century Digital Boy
I am here to throw my codes to the wolves. If the wolves get enough scraps (and we murder the aggressive ones) we can domesticate them!

CCM6-T9AM-V6VQ-8643
4MV8-LDCL-FCXV-3LBH
CMTR-Q6XA-VYLK-MHVY

(these have to go into uplay if you are a sheep and haven't figured that out already)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Three keys.

AFKL-MHWC-LFWR-7T7X
LUCW-AC3H-8B7F-GMJK
BQAF-AMAP-KLF4-ARJC

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Free weekend guys, be sure to do the single-player Situations first. It teaches you a little on how to play and you can get a lot of Renown from it, enough to buy a bunch of Operators (which is important because Recruits kinda suck).

Also, watch the three tutorial videos, it gives you enough Renown to buy your first Operator.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A minor clarification on Situations - the main source of Renown are the bonus objectives, so you can squeeze a couple of those in on the lowest difficulty level and head out into matchmaking with a few operators, in little to no time.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 19, 2015

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

also casual brings in way more renown per hour than ranked.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
No, it doesn't? The matches are longer but renown is directly based on your score. Ranked also gets a renown multiplier bonus. If you do worse in ranked then sure, casual is better.

Not that it matters. By the time you can play ranked, if you don't party up for it, you will have more than enough operators and attachments to stop worrying about renown.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3xfmaz/all_sights_and_their_misalignment/ stealing from here for posterity. I'll also reupload the images since the host OP uses is awfully slow for me.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

What the gently caress, that Russian ACOG.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

What are the two different ranges supposed to also point out?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Liberatore posted:

No, it doesn't? The matches are longer but renown is directly based on your score. Ranked also gets a renown multiplier bonus. If you do worse in ranked then sure, casual is better.

Not that it matters. By the time you can play ranked, if you don't party up for it, you will have more than enough operators and attachments to stop worrying about renown.

It's exactly because matches are longer. I do the same in casual and ranked i looked up my stats on that ubi site. I'm just hoarding renown for the eventual DLC operators which allegedly cost 10K+ or whatever. I have everything i need right now except skins.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
How are the free weekend people liking it? I don't think I've seen a single one comment on the game yet.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

afkmacro posted:

It's exactly because matches are longer. I do the same in casual and ranked i looked up my stats on that ubi site. I'm just hoarding renown for the eventual DLC operators which allegedly cost 10K+ or whatever. I have everything i need right now except skins.

I do a bit better in ranked and usually get 500-600 renown per win. Casual is half that. My record was around 1650 renown in a 9 round match during the beta, but that was at +95%, so about 850 renown base.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

ghetto wormhole posted:

How are the free weekend people liking it? I don't think I've seen a single one comment on the game yet.

Probably the best and most innovative MP FPS I have played since COD:MW. Has its rough edges regarding the technology (netcode etc) but that will probably improve over time.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
It's this the sort of game where I'll actually have to talk to pubbies to get the most out of it, or does no one communicate and you get on just fine?

I was considering this on the PS4 as a (slightly) more cerebral way of shooting dudes than BO3 see.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It's this the sort of game where I'll actually have to talk to pubbies to get the most out of it

Yes.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

kalstrams posted:

Ironsight bullshit

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I knew those loving things weren't calibrated properly

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Does anyone have suggestions on which operators to go after first?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

dominoeffect posted:

Does anyone have suggestions on which operators to go after first?

There's really no bad ones but Mute, Castle, Thermite, and Ash are pretty much always welcome.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Uplay is so lovely, why do all these companies try to get into the steam market with their lovely inferior products.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Eh, ok, thank you.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Liberatore posted:

I do a bit better in ranked and usually get 500-600 renown per win. Casual is half that. My record was around 1650 renown in a 9 round match during the beta, but that was at +95%, so about 850 renown base.

I didn't crunch the numbers but I'm willing to bet you -especially you since you have a high kdr and win rate -would rake in even more in Clancy bux. Don't compare match scores but overall per 3h game session for example. Especially if you get a wrecking crew to go 3-0 back to back.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

At that point you can go 4-0 on ranked. But I get your point; I haven't kept track of my renown earned over long sessions, but I suspect at that worst they end up being about the same thanks to the multiplier bonus from ranked. Ultimately it's not a big deal unless you're trying to save up for the DLC operators (which will cost 25k each) in the least amount of time possible.

Edit: Thinking about it, ranked is probably worse in practice because if nothing else, it typically takes much longer to find a match. If you queue with a full group or stick with a pub group over several matches it's not a huge difference, but otherwise casual takes a few seconds while ranked can take several minutes, particularly if you don't play at prime time for your region.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 20, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ghetto wormhole posted:

There's really no bad ones but Mute, Castle, Thermite, and Ash are pretty much always welcome.

Tachanka is amazingly situational (because of how finicky his turret placement is) but when he's in a good position he's either a great ambusher or effective bait so your team can take opfor out while they're trying to kill you.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tachanka is amazingly situational (because of how finicky his turret placement is) but when he's in a good position he's either a great ambusher or effective bait so your team can take opfor out while they're trying to kill you.

Tachanka is great on defense. A good Tachanka player can single handedly cover an approach leaving the rest of the team free to cover the other side and roam.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Liberatore posted:

Ultimately it's not a big deal unless you're trying to save up for the DLC operators (which will cost 25k each) in the least amount of time possible.

I refuse to believe they're seriously gonna do 25k for each operator. Like, willed ignorance levels. Knowing Ubisoft, they probably typo'd and meant 2.5k each. After all, it sorta would make sense if it's just 2.5k instead of 25k, due to how your last operators would cost 2k.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

widespread posted:

I refuse to believe they're seriously gonna do 25k for each operator. Like, willed ignorance levels. Knowing Ubisoft, they probably typo'd and meant 2.5k each. After all, it sorta would make sense if it's just 2.5k instead of 25k, due to how your last operators would cost 2k.

the stated goal is for you to have to play a month to get a free DLC operator v:shobon:v

Orv
May 4, 2011

keyframe posted:

Tachanka is great on defense. A good Tachanka player can single handedly cover an approach leaving the rest of the team free to cover the other side and roam.

And then a man appears around a corner and you die because you're always at head height and there's maybe five MG placements on a map and one of them is occasionally useful. Tachanka is garbage.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I've got enough to pick one up already. Even if it's 25k it's not that big a deal to me.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

If anyone has an extra key, can you send one my way? I need another one! :cheerdoge:

FYI I tried:
LNEV-BCEP-6TGR-3N66
3A8B-7NP7-7JBA-CA7L
BQAF-AMAP-KLF4-ARJC
AFKL-MHWC-LFWR-7T7X

From the various above posts and they were already taken. Please don't just take a key without saying you took it!! :argh:

Gonna get my friend suspended for trying too many stale keys. :smith:

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 20, 2015

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I really hate to do this, but I also missed out on all the free key posts. If anyone could send one my way via PM, I'd really appreciate it.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

NCUJ-TLLY-GEMM-PC4V
CVLD-TCFN-MA7D-XLVM

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Why do all of the genuinely worst players pick Thermite? I've had so many times where he would come in use, and I don't think I've once seen a friendly use his charges. Also, does Blitz have a frontal weakspot I'm unaware of? So many enemies have killed me frontally with hipfire.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Plan Z posted:

Why do all of the genuinely worst players pick Thermite? I've had so many times where he would come in use, and I don't think I've once seen a friendly use his charges. Also, does Blitz have a frontal weakspot I'm unaware of? So many enemies have killed me frontally with hipfire.

Thermite, whatever. Fuze, big problems.

So many hostage kills already this weekend from bad Fuze players.

And Blitz' bigass head peaks out slightly over his shield if it's angled even slightly down.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tachanka is awful and useless, i mean, the gun cannot be placed ANYWHERE useful and you are so easily killed off of it, bringing a tachanka when you could be bringing a mute or jager, bandit, smoke, any number of USEFUL operatives is just ugh.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Tachanka is who you take when you wanted kapkans SMG but someone else already took him.

Orv
May 4, 2011
FMG-9 supremacy anyway.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Orv posted:

FMG-9 supremacy anyway.

Smoke gets that and the SMG-11, he is my favorite currently. I get way more head shots with those two guns then I should since I am crap.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dead Like Rev posted:

Tachanka is awful and useless, i mean, the gun cannot be placed ANYWHERE useful and you are so easily killed off of it, bringing a tachanka when you could be bringing a mute or jager, bandit, smoke, any number of USEFUL operatives is just ugh.

Given how vulnerable you are while using it, the gun should probably have a bulletproof faceshield so you can't just get instantly headshot from the front to boot.

The whole reason for the gun is to deter frontal assaults, but it can't even do that right.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Vengarr posted:

Given how vulnerable you are while using it, the gun should probably have a bulletproof faceshield so you can't just get instantly headshot from the front to boot.

The whole reason for the gun is to deter frontal assaults, but it can't even do that right.

It almost asks for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Vengarr posted:

I thought his ridiculous helmet did that. :saddowns:

• Locked thread