Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
How long should it take for me to get my refer-a-friend mount? Yesterday I signed my nephew up for a 1-month sub through my referral link but I haven't gotten any in-game mail or anything yet.

BTW my nephew sat and played this game for literally 10+ hours yesterday. I think it's the first real RPG he's ever played and he's completely enamored of the conversations, especially because "I can shoot people in the cutscenes!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I spent a while playing as Lt. Femmshep last night, and finished up Nar-Shaddah (sp?) and got the super patriotic war droid companion, Forex (...M1-4X maybe?) Anyway, I ran through the Tatooine story with him and I want opinions. Is he A) the best trooper companion or B) the best republic companion or C) the best companion in the whole drat game? I want to say C but then I remember Blizz and get a bit conflicted.

I'm playing full renegade, and his bio says he dislikes personal gain. There's a bit early in the troopers tatooine storyline after you save some people from droid suicide bombers where the dialog has a dark side option to ask for credits as a thank you. I figured I'd take the hit in influence from him, but he loved it, and gave a speech along the lines of "Good citizens! Know your donation will help continue the good fight to crush the imperial scum!" Later I argued with him that his patriotism wasn't real since his creators programmed it into him and got another approval boost, he responded along the lines of "I know! The republic scientists realized that programmed patriotism would be so much more efficient than the patriotism of organics. Isn't it great!"

he's basically liberty prime if it was actually funny

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

4X is great and I'm sad I played the trooper storyline when companions were locked to a class and he was stuck as a tank.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Verranicus posted:

I really need to stop reading the forums with threads like this being the current norm: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=860896

EDIT: I've also logged in to a mail in-game of someone chewing me out for undercutting them repeatedly by 1 credit on the GTN. Makes me miss FFXIVs system of using a separate NPC retainers name when listing stuff on the auction house.

Ahahahaha awhile back someone whispered me doing the same thing, complaining that I was undercutting by too little. I asked if they'd prefer I undercut by several thousand, thus helping to crash the market and also forcing them to lose a bunch of money if they wanted to counter-undercut me, and they just whispered back that they were reporting me.

What I'm saying is I'm getting banned soon goodbye forever :wave:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Crindee posted:

Ahahahaha awhile back someone whispered me doing the same thing, complaining that I was undercutting by too little. I asked if they'd prefer I undercut by several thousand, thus helping to crash the market and also forcing them to lose a bunch of money if they wanted to counter-undercut me, and they just whispered back that they were reporting me.

What I'm saying is I'm getting banned soon goodbye forever :wave:

Video games would be great if it weren't for the people who play them :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Video games would be great if it weren't for the people who play them :(

Luckily SWTOR is a single player game!

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Thinking of giving this a go again. Can you level pretty much by only doing class missions now? And how is it to play on Jedi Covenant as a euro? I'll likely never raid anything, but would be nice to have some group action now and again.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Rolled up a sorc on Jedi Covenant, may as well come dork around with some goons. Who do I ask about a guild invite?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sjonkel posted:

Thinking of giving this a go again. Can you level pretty much by only doing class missions now? And how is it to play on Jedi Covenant as a euro? I'll likely never raid anything, but would be nice to have some group action now and again.

You'll have to supplement class missions a bit, either by doing the planetary chain (Purple quest markers) or some PvP, Flashpoints or Heroics. The good thing about level sync is that all content is always at level, so you can do whatever you feel like doing.

And don't forget to click a referral link to get free stuff including 7 free days of subscription if you were a former sub!

Dalris Othaine posted:

Rolled up a sorc on Jedi Covenant, may as well come dork around with some goons. Who do I ask about a guild invite?

From one of the OPs -

To get invited, do a search in game for “That's No Goon”, and filter by guild name. Contact whoever shows up and ask them to invite you, if they can't, they'll let someone who can know. There is an old Enjin site for That’s No Goon – don’t bother applying on it because it’s no longer monitored.

Here are some helpful images:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
look, reading OPs is hard okay

(thank you, I had forgotten)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dalris Othaine posted:

look, reading OPs is hard okay

(thank you, I had forgotten)

Well it's in need of a bit of updating with new links etc, so you're forgiven. :). I do try to keep it semi up to date though.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

For the record, I found myself leveling up on basically class missions and maybe one or two heroics per planet even before the double exp thing going on now. I tend to ignore the world arcs and am doing just fine. Having said that I dunno how far you got before, most of the world arcs are worth doing at least once.

Not that I'm complaining - I'm having a ton more fun than I was at launch - but the only skill left in this game (at least during leveling, which is all I'm really here for) is learning how to use the terrain to avoid having to fight trash mobs every three steps. Also the companion overhaul is fantastic and you can now use whoever you want and won't have to wait till loving HOTH or something for a healer (yes, my first guy was a gunslinger, and yes, I'm still bitter. Guss is :coolfish: though)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

Well it's in need of a bit of updating with new links etc, so you're forgiven. :). I do try to keep it semi up to date though.

Is there anyone specific I should be messaging? Because I've been trying a couple of times and I never seem to hear back.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

StashAugustine posted:

4X is great and I'm sad I played the trooper storyline when companions were locked to a class and he was stuck as a tank.
I was really sad to find out that in KotFE you can't recruit him on Imp characters, because there's no way that wouldn't have been hilarious.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Geniasis posted:

Is there anyone specific I should be messaging? Because I've been trying a couple of times and I never seem to hear back.

Post your in game name when you're playing and someone will likely read it and invite you. Or just keep pestering people for an invite.

Assuming you're imperial, of course, pub guild is at capacity.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Fair enough. And especially with a lot of people blocking chat for spoilers, I just figured my whispers weren't getting though.

I'm actually online with my SW right now. My name is Glegrizhae.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Figured to ask here since googling around's given me conflicting answers, but is it possible to gain influence with the ship droid?

The droid's been fine when I've taken him out as a healbot, but it just looks off to me with when I see him on the companion list and he's the only one still at level one compared to the others.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

M_Sinistrari posted:

Figured to ask here since googling around's given me conflicting answers, but is it possible to gain influence with the ship droid?

The droid's been fine when I've taken him out as a healbot, but it just looks off to me with when I see him on the companion list and he's the only one still at level one compared to the others.

Yeah. He likes Technology and Droid Maintenance gifts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah. He likes Technology and Droid Maintenance gifts.

Unless it changed with the recent gift overhaul, cultural gifts was the "love" gift.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

If someone could toss Jaefron an invite to TNG, that would be cool

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So which Stronghold is everyones favourite? Having trouble deciding what to buy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

So which Stronghold is everyones favourite? Having trouble deciding what to buy.

If price is no option the Yavin one is pretty cool. I prefer Dromund Kaas to Nar Shaddaa for the value ones.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

So Non-Entity, how long until you are forced to shoehorn in get the privilege of adding a claymore saber to the game?

I don't know what you are talking about.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Verranicus posted:

I ended up going with Nar Shadda. I just like the seedy Vegas aethetic that planet's got.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

I ended up going with Nar Shadda. I just like the seedy Vegas aethetic that planet's got.

Same, Nar Shadaa is probably my favorite-looking planet in the game. The way the taxis work in that one are just extra flavor.

nonentity posted:

You've already made it, haven't you

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Haha, I just discovered the mood options in the chatbox and I love that they actually change the facial expression of your character too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Ainsley McTree posted:

You've already made it, haven't you

I just kinda hope it's main hand only. That's definitely a Juggernaut/Guardian saber. Don't want to see a marauder running around with two.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I won't lie I would whale the gently caress out (well, a hypercrate) for a chance at the cross-guard Saber if they had the sheer chutzpah to put it in a cartel pack.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So what do you goons typically spend your money on? Near as I can tell while leveling all I really need money for is Strongholds and the occasional unlock/hypercrate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

So what do you goons typically spend your money on? Near as I can tell while leveling all I really need money for is Strongholds and the occasional unlock/hypercrate.

Pretty princess dress up and decorations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Verranicus posted:

In game credits, I use on either decorations or stuff from the GTN. I bought my Nar Shadda stronghold and a couple room expansions off of what I earned from a full run of all the Heroic 2s. Cartel coins, I tend to spend on either stuff I couldn't get off the GTN or account unlocks.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I've been playing through the story and it would be awesome if the second chapter cutscenes would stop hard locking my computer.
Never mind it is apparently working now.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 20, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
There was some talk about the movie, and although some of you think it's a dissappointment after riding home, please remember that it's nothing like the prequels, and that if you judge only episode 7, it stands on it's own.

I just saw it today, and I was immensely satisfied with what i got. Not as satisfied as Fury Road, but still.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

There was some talk about the movie, and although some of you think it's a dissappointment after riding home, please remember that it's nothing like the prequels, and that if you judge only episode 7, it stands on it's own.

I just saw it today, and I was immensely satisfied with what i got. Not as satisfied as Fury Road, but still.

Funny thing about Force Awakens and Fury Road (spoilers for both, sort of) they actually had very similar plots. Nux and Finn, both deserters from their cause, joining the "rebel" group to help save the day. WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY TO HAVE THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Who do I need to blow to get re-invited to No Moon? ie the Goon Imp guild please?

In as Sardikuar.

Thankyou!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Funny thing about Force Awakens and Fury Road (spoilers for both, sort of) they actually had very similar plots. Nux and Finn, both deserters from their cause, joining the "rebel" group to help save the day. WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY TO HAVE THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

That plot element is also pretty big in KotFE.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

EDIT: Nevermind

Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 20, 2015

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sardikar posted:

Who do I need to blow to get re-invited to No Moon? ie the Goon Imp guild please?

In as Sardikuar.

Thankyou!

Just log on and ask someone. There's usually someone on with invite rank.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Reinstalling to play a class through again, I guess I get to do planet stories now too.

Did they remove those comm parts that could be used to make really good leveling gear?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Reinstalling to play a class through again, I guess I get to so planet stories now too.

Did they remove those comm parts that could be used to make really good leveling gear?

Some. You can still upgrade your equipment with comms along the way, just not as frequently.

• Locked thread