Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

I mean you can just google it, it's out or whatever.
Usually you put clothing on prisoners and don't leave them in some weird bdsm set up.

I mean obv the dude isn't going to be like ok in the interests of fair treatment and due diligence I will redress the balance here and put some pants on you, but that basically just comes back to fairy tail's earlier creepiness. Like I said it's not a linear scale, it's just more fairy tail being creepy (which it is bad at) instead of light hearted (which it is good at)

By Fairy Tail standards, not removing clothing and tying someone up in a non-erotic restraint is good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
These overly detailed descriptions are much creepier than the actual chapter.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sharktamer posted:

These overly detailed descriptions are much creepier than the actual chapter.

Fair enough, we should be talking more about Wizard Jason Statham anyway.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The rest of the chapter was like that usual set of mugshots except slow motion. all non-fairies with either die or get punched, no exceptions.

Natsu will use his friendship using his other arm to friend-punch Zeref into orbit.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fabricated posted:

Probably the most legitimately creepy and gross thing in fairy tail yet. Great job Mashima.
I feel like this is what he was going for. There is creepy in usual sense and then there's creepy in the sexual sense. Most of the time FT is creepy in the sexual sense (up skirt shot of a cat transformed into a teenager :stare:) but this time it's the normal creepy.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I don't see the big deal about the Brandish bit, but maybe nothing can beat the Tartaros and post-Tartaros torture scenes (wth was up with the one with Lucy and the goat). Brandish was a dominating bitch to him, so it's not really that creepy that he would take advantage of the situation.

But maybe I was more distracted by the chick who looks like Leone from Akame ga Kiru, because who doesn't love Leone?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Either this is a standard Fairy Tail setup for Brandish becoming a good guy since roughly this same sort of thing has been done at least twice before or she's actually going to get killed. Former seems more likely since her connection to Lucy's mother hasn't been explained yet. My bet's on her being Lucy's long lost sister she never knew about.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno why but the thing with Brandish just comes off to me as way, way grosser than anything that has been done before in Fairy Tail.

Also no way she dies; mostly because her background hasn't been explained and also they'd have to show the aftermath of it when they came back to cell.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Fabricated posted:

I dunno why but the thing with Brandish just comes off to me as way, way grosser than anything that has been done before in Fairy Tail.

Also no way she dies; mostly because her background hasn't been explained and also they'd have to show the aftermath of it when they came back to cell.

Neither of that is important. We can't NOT have another big breasted character join the good guys. So of course Lucy will save her, get some info on her mom and Brandish will turn good.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

chumbler posted:

Either this is a standard Fairy Tail setup for Brandish becoming a good guy since roughly this same sort of thing has been done at least twice before or she's actually going to get killed. Former seems more likely since her connection to Lucy's mother hasn't been explained yet. My bet's on her being Lucy's long lost sister she never knew about.

Dunno I see her pulling an Ultear.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mulderman posted:

Neither of that is important. We can't NOT have another big breasted character join the good guys. So of course Lucy will save her, get some info on her mom and Brandish will turn good.

Must be weird to live in a world where a large part of your survival chances at the moment are whether or not the god of your universe finds your titties rockin' enough to allow you to switch sides.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Finally, a rape-murder.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It's just hard to care about anything else in the chapter when there's a bad guy named Bradman

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I was distracted by the choking and Jacob Lessio's scrub tier fashion sense. Buttoning all your suit's buttons? Holy poo poo, this may be the most disgusting chapter of the year.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
There's kinda something wrong with you when every murder becomes a rape-murder in your eyes.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

sharktamer posted:

There's kinda something wrong with you when every murder becomes a rape-murder in your eyes.

Eh. It's not literally a rape, but did Mashima really have to draw him climbing on top of her like that?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'd imagine it's a lot easier to choke someone and prevent them from struggling if you put your full weight on top of them.
Seriously, stop trying to make this way more creepier then it actually is.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fairy Tail Manga Thread 4: Choking etiquette 101

Mulderman posted:

Seriously, stop trying to make this way more creepier then it actually is.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I just can't get over how awful Mashima is at doing character designs.

For background shots he's amazing, for fight scenes he's really good, but for character designs you can tell he's trying to draw inspiration from how kooky yet strangely cool Oda's designs are, and yet all he can consistently come up with is terribleness like tiny-mouthed-skull-head-Statham.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I can't disagree, but Statham's design has kinda become awesome by accident.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nilbop posted:

For background shots he's amazing, for fight scenes he's really good, but for character designs you can tell he's trying to draw inspiration from how kooky yet strangely cool Oda's designs are, and yet all he can consistently come up with is terribleness like tiny-mouthed-skull-head-Statham.
I don't think it has anything to do with Oda (who shovels out lots of bad with the good as well) it has more to do with the pace. I don't think he does any polishing or clean up on character designs, he just scribbles out a first pass and then goes with it. Just too much cast and too many nobody characters who try to look "distinct" but instead just look messy or generic with some random details slapped on.

Reminds me of bad modern games workshop stuff, actually - just blobs of "detail" that doesn't form into a cohesive theme or draw the eyes in a meaningful way. And then tits. I mean Mashima, with the tits, GW stuff is for eunuchs or something.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Goons being mad at no one dying in a children's comic in 3...2...1...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I, for one, am glad she did not die.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

sharktamer posted:

I was promised an erotic choke-out by goons itt. :colbert: I can't help be a little mad that Brandish is okay.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You got bikini wrestling tho.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Brandish is kind of pathetic.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

sharktamer posted:

I think it was a little weird that we never saw whatshisface being caught and just cut immediately to the aftermath, but Fairy Tail has had far more egregious cases of "they should have died/stayed dead, so I doubt anyone will care.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

That first panel has to be one of the funniest I've ever read in a manga :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I Love Annie May posted:

That first panel has to be one of the funniest I've ever read in a manga :allears:

Nice new thread title.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

sharktamer posted:

Is that the phone?

I think it's the phone, because I loving called it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Kuroyama posted:

Is that the phone?

I think it's the phone, because I loving called it.
THIS IS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT YOU IGNORANT FOOL!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/468/3156/1

Well that was an easy call.
Last page? Not so much.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Were we supposed to know who that old lady was prior to this chapter?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And so Lucy's harem gains another member.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does that mean that Lucy's dad took her mother's last name, or was there some recrossing of the family tree?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
In Japan it's not unheard of the husband taking the wife's name if the wife's family has higher status.
Another example: Gendo Ikari.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Aquarius is still an rear end in a top hat, I see.

Fairy Tail has always been pretty bad about the easily forgiven thing, but Brandish strikes me as an especially bad case. She hated Lucy for something that wasn't remotely Lucy's fault, forcing Lucy to get in the bath with her was super creepy, she treated her subordinate like crap for pretty much no apparent reason, and she worked for Zeref. Yet now she and Lucy are best friends?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
She gets more pathetic and gross with each chapter, but the bath thing is really harmless by the standards of this manga

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

Aquarius is still an rear end in a top hat, I see.

Fairy Tail has always been pretty bad about the easily forgiven thing, but Brandish strikes me as an especially bad case. She hated Lucy for something that wasn't remotely Lucy's fault, forcing Lucy to get in the bath with her was super creepy, she treated her subordinate like crap for pretty much no apparent reason, and she worked for Zeref. Yet now she and Lucy are best friends?

By making Aquarius her mentor that's actually all explained away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What's amazing is how Brandish, a chick first established as someone so powerful that she could easily wipe the floor with everyone on the mission to rescue Makarov, is completely subservient to Aquarius.

Oh no wait it's not amazing at all.

• Locked thread