Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

What's the story with someone going on the forums and claiming they were going to kill themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

this is just preservation of angular momentum at work

cigphysics.txt

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

what was that one truck racing game where you had no cap on acceleration in reverse?

that, but with lateral thrusters

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

this is just preservation of angular momentum at work

cigphysics.txt

Come on, that's obviously a bug, it spins faster than the engine explodes.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

what was that one truck racing game where you had no cap on acceleration in reverse?

Big Rigs!!!!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…speaking of cigphysics, why is that whatever-meter in the lower right jumping around? Is it the video editing suite identifying the headbob as unwanted jitter and trying to stabilise it or something?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can only reply to a post someone else made I think.

Hmm nope, ah well

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

FrankieGoes posted:

What are you saying the constellation sucks at?

So far, being balanced with the number of crew required to operate it vs the same number of players in single seater fighters. I would say the ship serve no roles in itself and suck at existing but since it live in the vacuum of the PTU without the whole universe (missions, cargo, mining, exploration, ect) around i cant say for sure.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good thread title good posting on beers profile

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Go gently caress yourself Karl
Ban seraph
Hi Sandi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Keebler should get Sandis face on their pecan sandies

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's Sandis favorite punch out character? Bald bull

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yup.

Turns out if even you enjoy a 10 year probation you can still comment on activity.

I left a comment, but I'm more fascinated by the rest of the forum. It raises a lot of questions, like why the gently caress is there a modding-section for a game still many years from release?

Man, I thought Goonrathi was a silly idea -founding an organization for a game years from being finished, but at least it made people upset. This is totally senseless, why are there so many deluded people making fake ships for their fake game?

gently caress wait, this is Star Citizen, delusion is par for the cause. Look at this for a moment:

Galaxy Star Freighter MV Nergal That's a new ship developed as a mod. It comes with a military variant! And this is just one of many projects.

For some reason a lot of people in this forum are convinced they can easily mod the game, however it turns out. Considering how often CIG has redone their own ships, I foresee a lot of pain for these poor bastards.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why does Sandi like one punch man so much? The main character is bald

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Free Kimsemus

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

For all its incomplete state, that fiasco was more stable than the current PTU.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

you mean 2.1!

edit: or wait, is 2.1 just ptu?

yeah 2.1 is ptu and just a small number of backers too I think.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Libluini posted:

gently caress wait, this is Star Citizen, delusion is par for the cause. Look at this for a moment:

Galaxy Star Freighter MV Nergal That's a new ship developed as a mod. It comes with a military variant! And this is just one of many projects.

For some reason a lot of people in this forum are convinced they can easily mod the game, however it turns out. Considering how often CIG has redone their own ships, I foresee a lot of pain for these poor bastards.

Its the whole "selling dreams" paradigm at work. As long as the game stay in its unfinished state its like Helen of Troy. You get told all the time she is the most beautiful girl that ever lived, but Homer never go as far as to tell you the color of her eyes, leaving the reader free to imagine her as he or she please.

Concepts and idea is CIG main export and what they had the more success producing and selling so far, so why stop ?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Come on, that's obviously a bug, it spins faster than the engine explodes.

are you speaking about the ship engine or the game engine

don't answer "both", that's just a lazy joke

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Well, refund request sent, gently caress this noise.

I read that in the voice of the old man from the home alone fake movie "Angels with filthy wings", i even added the "you yeallah bellied no good keister" at the end while chomping on my imaginary cigar while letting off shots with my finger guns into the air.

:clint:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I still have two LTI Auroras from forever ago. Is there still a grey market for LTI ships or should I just slam a refund?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm thinking of Robert Loggia's character in the Tim and Eric movie.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

aleksendr posted:

So far, being balanced with the number of crew required to operate it vs the same number of players in single seater fighters. I would say the ship serve no roles in itself and suck at existing but since it live in the vacuum of the PTU without the whole universe (missions, cargo, mining, exploration, ect) around i cant say for sure.

Exactly. It's not supposed to be the case, but it is. Because if it sucks at combat then it sucks at everything, because it's certainly not going to be much of a freighter compared to multiple other options. And I believe it was billed as a "space superiority" craft, which indicates it should be amazing at combat. Plus a Millennium Falcon analogue, which I would say also means it should be quite capable at combat.

Just another example of continued CIG fuckups, despite the fact that it's been redesigned umpteen times.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

Its the whole "selling dreams" paradigm at work.

That's a lot of it, but the "limited edition" sales, the ability to gift (sell) ships & lti bollocks for the early backers played a large part in all this. You normally have demand for something that's good, in Star Citizen for a long time you could resell your dream for more money. Having a special concierge email service for the whales was clever too, Karl/Dickwulf and their ilk think they aren't being taken advantage of and that these people are their friends.

No wonder there's such resistance to such harsh truths so that non involved people find it all disturbing and cultist. CIG have only a few days to improve the crash situation, I imagine the pressure is on considering it's in their interest to do so for the holiday sale.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

Its the whole "selling dreams" paradigm at work. As long as the game stay in its unfinished state its like Helen of Troy. You get told all the time she is the most beautiful girl that ever lived, but Homer never go as far as to tell you the color of her eyes, leaving the reader free to imagine her as he or she please.

Concepts and idea is CIG main export and what they had the more success producing and selling so far, so why stop ?

At least Homer actually finished his story.

Another weird thing from the modding forum:

This guy should be payed by CIG.

Someone not only modelled a new ship for a future mod, he also wrote a complete brochure explaining what the ship does in detail. He also invents 1-2 gameplay mechanics I'm sure Chris Roberts doesn't know about yet.

This guy is basically all what is wrong with CIG in miniature format, minus the pay for his work. (And the obscene pricetag. Of course as modder he can't just demand 2k $ for his "product". :v:)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Voyager I posted:

I still have two LTI Auroras from forever ago. Is there still a grey market for LTI ships or should I just slam a refund?

LTI value has been shat down the toilet due to CIG offering it nearly constantly on nearly everything.

Refunds are reportedly becoming more difficult to acquire. I'd go straight to chargeback, then call your congressman and tell him how you feel that you've been financially molested by the director of the Wing Commander movie and his superstar actress wife. And a hobo. And the fattest person in North America.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

are you speaking about the ship engine or the game engine

don't answer "both", that's just a lazy joke

I've meant the engine that spins the world around the ship of course.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Libluini posted:

At least Homer actually finished his story.

Another weird thing from the modding forum:

This guy should be payed by CIG.

Someone not only modelled a new ship for a future mod, he also wrote a complete brochure explaining what the ship does in detail. He also invents 1-2 gameplay mechanics I'm sure Chris Roberts doesn't know about yet.

This guy is basically all what is wrong with CIG in miniature format, minus the pay for his work. (And the obscene pricetag. Of course as modder he can't just demand 2k $ for his "product". :v:)

This star shitizen is retarded, as usual. Nebulas contain less matter per volume than the best vacuums we can create on earth. You'd literally be 1,000,000x more productive mining seawater for minerals.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

Don't even bother starting a refund with Customer Support, just go straight to ChargeBack City give them a believable story and you'll get your $ back and leave Cris to cover the chargeback and fee's included.

:thumbsup:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

FrankieGoes posted:

This star shitizen is retarded, as usual. Nebulas contain less matter per volume than the best vacuums we can create on earth. You'd literally be 1,000,000x more productive mining seawater for minerals.

Stop bragging about the quality of your nebula vacuum.

I have a Roomba. It cleans while I'm not home.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can we get a comprehensive list of poo poo that CIG has jumped the shark with? I mean poo poo that is straight up retarded, not just poo poo that's "That seems like a bad idea" or "Ehhh, that seems pretty stupid."

Currently I would put these things in that list, but I'm sure I'm missing many:

1. Newsvan space ship.
2. Drink mixing minigame.
3. Flight attendant media switching minigame.
4. Birds.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

xanif posted:

Much like CIG has invented the never before seen technology to transition seamlessly from space to a planet's surface, I require a device that can transition from a wood floor to an area rug seamlessly. Does such a Roomba exist?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

FrankieGoes posted:

Oh be quiet you. What do you think this is? Some kind of space sim? Next you're going to say that that the Wrath of Khan scene where they play hide and seek in the space clouds isn't real either.

Aaaanyway. I suppose that the whole “sci-fi writers have no sense of scale” trope exists — the realities of space just makes everything so cumbersome that you could never get any action going. It's no different from the many variations of aliens coming to collect Earth's gold/water/almost anything, ignoring the fact that it's vastly easier to get all of that by just scooping up the closest space rock and/or planet ring. Of course, none of those solutions create a good conflict.

xanif posted:

Does yours also get confused by dark carpets?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

xanif posted:

does it have lti

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
lovin' that new thread title

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Ban seraph
Is he back?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014