Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My MVP so far is probably SSJ PHY Vegeta. So many INT characters in the 140ish cost area for him to whomp on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
New update is causing podcasts to stop playing in the background. I don't like this at all.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Echophonic posted:

My MVP so far is probably SSJ PHY Vegeta. So many INT characters in the 140ish cost area for him to whomp on.

It feels like there's a lot of SSR Ints.

Also I thought I might have a shot at getting the SSJ2 TEQ Gohan but that's diminishing.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I have so many characters that need to awaken now cause of this event but for the first time I have an issue with Zeni.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

It feels like there's a lot of SSR Ints.

Also I thought I might have a shot at getting the SSJ2 TEQ Gohan but that's diminishing.

Yeah, I feel like even getting to 100 wins is going to be a challenge. I just got to 10 and I've been at it most of the day. I'm at 1700ish now, though, so not too bad when you're pulling 140k points a run. I'll be happy if I can end up at above 2500.

I decided to train up SSJ INT Adult Gohan, since we're getting more Old Kai medals. He's pretty good, doesn't have Bardock's passive, but he does have a supreme super and a +70% boost to it. I'm very impressed.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Someone did the numbers on getting to 100 wins and it will be a major challenge, both in time spent playing and in stamina. I have been playing since I woke up, mixing stone stamina refills, waiting for half an hour or so to minimize wasted stamina, and one convenient level up, and I am at 17 wins.

I have not kept track of how many stones I have used, I would guess 7 or 8. I have been hovering between rank 200 and 300 all day.

This has definitely rekindled my interest in the game, especially since I was worried my mish-mash 130ish cost badguy team would just get slaughtered by the hordes of super saiyans. Turns out a basic level of tactics and understanding of the game mechanics makes up for that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

As a relatively new player to this game (rank 31 scrub) should I even bother using stamina for the world tournament or am I better off going for more stones from the Hard story quests?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm at less than 100k per win, no chance to get into 5000+ for me I fear.

The Ninth Layer posted:

As a relatively new player to this game (rank 31 scrub) should I even bother using stamina for the world tournament or am I better off going for more stones from the Hard story quests?

Yes. The tournament gives massive xp and the early prices are pretty good (play at least till Master Roshi Tier so you get a free SR Roshi)
Also the tournament drops Dokkan capsules for Roshi and R Chichi. You dont need a lot of them (6 for Chichi, 14 for Roshi)
Getting that stuff done shouldn't be too hard and gives a free natural SSR + a decent amount of stones/zeni

All missions reset for each tournament, so everything you get done this week is a win.

Your enemies are based on your team cost, so a balanced team of Z-awakened Rares should get you pretty far. You wont get as much points per round (also based on team cost), but ranking high shouldn't really be your goal with level 31.

Also it's fun. I heard that's important to some people

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 18, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, a well-balanced team is really key. Everyone's running rainbow teams. I'm tempted to see how a gimmicky team like the Ginyus with the Saiyamans is, but you get SO MANY POINTS from beating up URs that I don't think it'd be a good use of stamina.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Holy poo poo, this tournament is fun. I hope it's a frequent thing

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

Yeah, it definitely plays into the puzzle side of the game more than usual. I've only had one fight I haven't cleared in my 3 rounds so far, actually. Even URs only have like 9k HP, so a 3-ki advantage hit is enough to kill someone.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

the_steve posted:

Tournament is once a month in Japan, so I suppose we'll get the same.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Petiso posted:

Got Devilman from my first DB Saga summon, not the best but I'm glad I'm out of the "only Rs" curse.

Isn't Devilman super loving rare?

Just picked up Bulma (teen) SR and loving SSJ Teen Trunks (FINAL PHY YESSSSSSSSS) alongside some R scrubs. It'll be fun to level these suckers up on dailies once this is over, which is my goal.

I had just finished maxing all 80 characters I own, now I have to do it more! YAY

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I want a Bulma to go on my Battlefield Divas team. :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've done like 12 pulls and don't have any units I care about from the SSJ3 pull :(

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I just want to understand something. Even though the opponents cards are from real players, the gameplay is not really controlled by those players, right?

What I mean is, I have been blowing through with 40K points per battle vs single digits for my opponents card set, but my opponents are probably doing the same to my card sets. Meaning I am not fighting real live players, just their AI controlled predetermined card sets.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So in the 1st round, what happens to the second place team that also apparently keeps going? Is that just weird flavor text thing, or is that effecting something I'm not seeing?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

isme posted:

I just want to understand something. Even though the opponents cards are from real players, the gameplay is not really controlled by those players, right?

What I mean is, I have been blowing through with 40K points per battle vs single digits for my opponents card set, but my opponents are probably doing the same to my card sets. Meaning I am not fighting real live players, just their AI controlled predetermined card sets.

As far I can tell, that's the case.

15 victories under my belt (ItI would have 16 but I forgot to heal and got killed by a Full Power SSJ Bojack during the finals). Super Kai Tier already and within the top 2k. The xp is also kind of nice, but taking an unlinked character can prolong some battles.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I have been told that there is a 4% chance that you can summon SSR in a pull, so I have been keeping a personal tally of every single stone pull I have done since the game started. And behold, my suspicion that I have a horrendous luck is indeed pretty true. So here is my personal stats for your reference.

Total summons made (including single/multiple pulls): 138 (690 stones)
SSR: 6 summons, 2 duplicates, summon chance 1.43%
SR: 86 summons, 37 duplicates, summon chance 20.53%
R: 419 summons, 291 duplicates, summon chance 78.04%

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Isn't Devilman super loving rare?

Is it? Nice, I just read his super has a tiny chance of instakilling anything :D

I've been really lucky with these tickets, second one was the SR Teen Bulma, third one was R Murasaki, but it's my favorite character from all the DB rares so all it's good.

I've got 2 leftover tickets but I don't see any more tickets in the rewards list so I guess those will sit there until they do another tournament.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got a goofy-looking Tien, Bandages, and a King Chappa. My memory of DragonBall is pretty hazy, so I have recollection of the latter two. Also turns out Bulma doesn't have Battlefield Diva, so I guess it's not a huge deal I didn't get her.

Managed to rack up 20 wins. Not sure how many I'm going to be able to manage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Go whale and get those 100 wins, man.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I've spent all of last night and all of this morning, and I just got to 30 wins (and using a lot of dragon stones). Ghost Usher is the best item for the world tournament.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I got teen Bulma, and awakened my chi chi to be a little girl. I hosed up by training with devil man not paying attention. I got some pretty kick rear end characters but I'd kill for super saiyan Vegeta or future Trunks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I actually can't complain about the RNG for once. I caved in and bought some stones (I'm weak). Pulled 3 SSRs in one multipull.
Majin Vegeta, Super Trunks, Xeno Trunks
Plus I pulled SS Kid Trunks, SR TEQ Videl and SR PHY Perfect Cell.

I just need a few medals (and a ton of zeni) and I can awaken Vegeta and Super Trunks.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Finally at 60 Stam :toot:
Now I can grind this in peace

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Just hit 10 tourney wins. Never gonna reach 100, but I'd be pretty happy hitting Gold tier and getting 20 or so.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

This is such a grind. Since I got off of work yesterday (about 24 hours ago), I have been playing as much as I can, with a few breaks here and there to conserve a little stamina (not much though, been using Dragon Stones like candy). I hit Beerus Teer, and am currently ranked 554 but only have 42 tournament wins. With this upcoming work week, I don't even think I'll be able to hit 100 wins.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been sorely tempted to buy stones so I can keep plugging at it. I think I'm only in the top 25k right now, with 9 wins.
It's a blast, but I get mad enough at myself buying stones for summons, let alone for stamina refills.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Don't buy stones, unless you: Have so much fun playing that you don't want to have downtime (possible I suppose) or you plan to go all the way to 100 wins.

What I've really come to like about this is that you not only get so much Xp from fights, but that the tournament keeps making GBS threads out Awakened fodder and Dokkan medals. I play this for the tournament rewards and somehow my whole box keeps getting levels and I have enough medals for all 4 characters.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I've got 8 stones left, and I'll probably blow them all on stamina for the tournament, plus whatever stones daily logins get me. I'm having a blast with the tournament. It helped me finally level my UR Trunks to level 100 - he's a lot better than I thought he was, and has a higher attack than UR perfect cell.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been going reasonably hard and using stones and I'm up to 30 wins. This is too much drat work for the rewards. I'm at 1600 right now with that 30. I'd be fine with the 5000 rewards, honestly.

Frankly, I'd rather just spend stones on DragonBall pulls.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I got to 50 wins. I think I'm done for the night though. I love Dokkan Battle (I've spent a LOT of money on the game), but I don't know if that was worth it. Is every world tournament like this?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Whether it's worth it or not really depends. It's a ton of work, but besides the really good incidental rewards(massive exp, tons of money, lots of medals, new characters) you have 1-2 guaranteed SSRs waiting if you really go for it. I've had very few multi-pulls that weren't horribly disappointing, I would put the cost of getting an SSR through the tournament as a lot less dragon stone wise than trying to pull one. The only issue is of course the sheer amount of time you have to put in.

And yeah pretty much, every tournament.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Well, that's a downer. Getting to Beerus tier and 50 wins was nice.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I feel like you're in good shape if you can just break 5000. The only difference between 5000 and 2500 is an Old Kai card for boosting super attack and that is a 5% damage boost, all told. I mostly just want a fat stack of Gregory medals. I wonder if I have enough points to stay in the 5000s without spending too much more time. Another 7 or 8 wins to get to Beerus tier for 5 stones seems like a lot of time.

Plus, quite frankly, the SSR I get with that ticket will probably be a duplicate. I have 21 non-Dokkan SSR/UR*s right now, not to mention the Dokkan ones. Maybe I'll get SSJ3 Goku to have some Over in a Flash fun with. Maybe I'll get a 4th SSJ2 Gohan and make him slightly better than he already is.

That new TEQ SSJ2 Gohan seems pretty dang good, though. 7707 attack at level 100 is nothing to sneeze at in a TEQ Saiyan. Does the tourney stuff get added to the regular rotation or is the reward thing always a gimmick like this?

cptn_dr posted:

I've got 8 stones left, and I'll probably blow them all on stamina for the tournament, plus whatever stones daily logins get me. I'm having a blast with the tournament. It helped me finally level my UR Trunks to level 100 - he's a lot better than I thought he was, and has a higher attack than UR perfect cell.

I really like SSJ Trunks. He's a workhorse. Solid stats and a +ki passive are hard to turn down. He's on my tournament team. Only thing he's missing is Saiyan Warrior Race, but Z-Fighters is on enough Gohan cards to balance it out. He's really scary when you put him with Super Trunks, with whom he shares all 5 links.

On that note, post your tournament teams!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 20, 2015

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The tournament stays the same, but the cards wont. LR Broly hits everyone at once with his SA, a dedicated Broly team (with Broly and lots of Ki support) makes the fights much much shorter.

Echophonic posted:

I really like SSJ Trunks. He's a workhorse. Solid stats and a +ki passive are hard to turn down. He's on my tournament team. Only thing he's missing is Saiyan Warrior Race, but Z-Fighters is on enough Gohan cards to balance it out. He's really scary when you put him with Super Trunks, with whom he shares all 5 links.

On that note, post your tournament teams!

I think all the SSJ with +Ki are extremely good in the tournament. You never need to do more than 10k damage at once, so +Dmg passives, especially on SAs aren't really good and dumb Ki luck can really screw you over.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 20, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

The tournament stays the same, but the cards wont. LR Broly hits everyone at once with his SA, a dedicated Broly team (with Broly and lots of Ki support) makes the fights much much shorter.

I think all the SSJ with +Ki are extremely good in the tournament. You never need to do more than 10k damage at once, so +Dmg passives, especially on SAs aren't really good and dumb Ki luck can really screw you over.

I think the +ki Saiyans are the good ones anyway. It's pretty rare that you actually need a SSGSS or SSJ Gohan-level super, but hitting that 15-20k or shoving Super Trunks into his boost more consistently? Hard to complain about that.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I've been running this team, with a rotating sixth member, the only weak link is SSJ Vegeta if he doesn't have 3 or more ki against a non-INT opponent (in attacking, he's a tank for defense!). My SSJ Goku Convulsing Rage is the usual 6th, but I've leveled up some other people using items. I learned that any non-linking SSR* is a liability.

edit - image removed

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm wasting valuable tournament time to upload this, so Ou better be awestruck.