Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Donald Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Spiky Ooze posted:

Yes it is for Sanders. Obama had the same gap in national polls with Hillary. It depends on how the primaries start off.

You're forgetting that Edwards was a serious third competitor in that race til his Iowa flame out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Gamma Nerd posted:

that debate was pretty poo poo all around and i dont think it changed anyone's mind but god drat i was majorly grossed out by "everyone should like me"

Yea, it seemed really loving weird.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Math Debater posted:

I'd like for Bernie to stir things up by running in the general as an independent if and when Hillary gets nominated as the Democratic candidate.

Yes, I too want to see a republican president.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Also RIP Milford man.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I don't know why the Democrats bothered with all of this. Honestly, a coronomination would've been better, because now I'm just going to hate on them when Hillary gets it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Captain Clown posted:

the obama stuff really doesn't make sense anymore imo

2007 was vastly different from today.

For one, all the calendars said '2007'. It was crazy, a completely different time.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Tardcore posted:

Don't crush our dreams.

hey i'm a bernie supporter and all that but a false equivalency is a false equivalency :v:

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot

EugeneJ posted:

Does she get her poo poo pushed in on March 1

maybe not the backdoor

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Math Debater posted:

I'd like for Bernie to stir things up by running in the general as an independent if and when Hillary gets nominated as the Democratic candidate.

that would give republicans the victory, unless trump doesnt get the R nom and also runs independent. then..........poo poo gets interesting

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
lol All three of these hacks are afraid of Trump.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Not a Step posted:

For one, all the calendars said '2007'. It was crazy, a completely different time.

seirously right???

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Spiky Ooze posted:

Yes it is for Sanders. Obama had the same gap in national polls with Hillary. It depends on how the primaries start off.

Hillary's poll numbers were heavily repressed for months because this was a three-way race between Sanders, Hillary, and Biden. After Biden (un)announced, she got back the Bidenites and I can't see her poll numbers dipping from here at all.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Matey posted:

that would give republicans the victory, unless trump doesnt get the R nom and also runs independent. then..........poo poo gets interesting

What would a Hillary/Bernie/Trump/Rubio race look like, aside from Amazing.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Matey posted:

Lmao this would own

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

fishmech posted:

You're forgetting that Edwards was a serious third competitor in that race til his Iowa flame out

this.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

MOM kind of sucks. Apart from that, my opinions haven't changed.

Plans are still vote for Bernie in the primary, Clinton in the general.

yeah basically

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Yoshifan823 posted:

I want to see a God Emperor as president.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Hillary's poll numbers were heavily repressed for months because this was a three-way race between Sanders, Hillary, and Biden. After Biden (un)announced, she got back the Bidenites and I can't see her poll numbers dipping from here at all.

Let's unskew the polls

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Immortan posted:

lol All three of these hacks are afraid of Trump.

The only thing I didn't hear was a teenage girl-like squeal at being tweeted at by Trump.

Yoshifan823 posted:

The most forbidden of fantasies...just say no, CT, just say no

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Winkie01 posted:

ebecca Ballhaus
@rebeccaballhaus
Star Wars director JJ Abrams and his wife gave $1 million to Mrs. Clinton’s super PAC in June. #DemDebate
In the future every presidential candidate must spend 15 minutes advertising for their donors in the debate.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Math Debater posted:

I just pooped and thought about this and a whole bunch of people were like blah blah, thats a bad idea because lol republicans would win. I tend to think who cares? Hillary as pres is more of the same just like any of the real republican candidates would be.

I think the best and most realistic thing that would actually make the general election interesting would be, whatever joker that isn't Trump for republican nomination. Trump goes independent. Hillary with democratic nomination and Bernie goes independent.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Yoshifan823 posted:

hopefully the death of democrat/republican being the only two options.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The only thing I didn't hear was a teenage girl-like squeal at being tweeted at by Trump.

The three amigos tonight only mentioned Trump by name out of the GOP candidates. They are afraid of him.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Yoshifan823 posted:

Yes, I too want to see a republican president.

This outcome could be pretty interesting and entertaining.

Plus I think a Sanders independent general election candidacy could be an effective way to challenge the two-party system and could perhaps lead to a really revolutionary political situation in the U.S.. I think Sanders has been way too nice to Hillary Clinton.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

In the future every presidential candidate must spend 15 minutes advertising for their donors in the debate.

so, bernie would just go to his regular stump speech if this were the case now

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Math Debater posted:

Plus I think a Sanders independent general election candidacy could be an effective way to challenge the two-party system and could perhaps lead to a really revolutionary political situation in the U.S.. I think Sanders has been way too nice to Hillary Clinton.

Can someone remind me what wards off Naderites?

More seriously, Sanders and MOM both went harder on Clinton than they ever have before IMHO, I'm not sure how much nastier either of them can realistically get without it becoming mudslinging.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Math Debater posted:

The outcome would, in fact, just be a republican president if Sanders split the vote with Hillary

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Immortan posted:

The three amigos tonight only mentioned Trump by name out of the GOP candidates. They are afraid of him.

They're afraid of him the same way one is afraid of a relative's hyperactive toddler running around an expensive vase.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Math Debater posted:

lmao if you think bernie sanders actually wants any of that

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Matey posted:

Bull. The 12th amendment guarantees a Republican pres and VP in any interesting electoral college scenario.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Math Debater posted:

You could tell Sanders was gearing up for a presidential run for a few years now, and I was really disappointed when he went for the democratic nomination. Maybe he knew he wouldn't get it, and is just using it as a means to see if he can go as an independent at the national level?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Immortan posted:

lol, he's making himself an easy target by being openly racist/xenophobic. they ain't afraid of poo poo homie

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Math Debater posted:

NO.

If Clinton wins the primary, Bernie needs to stay the hell away from anything resembling a Nader independent party.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

after all the agreeing bernie's done i bet he'll do the opposite of running independent which is working to round up his supporters and get them to vote for hillary

a lot of his work will probably be directly responding to the democrats=republicans theory

a sanders independent run would be less impactful than lafollette's runs a hundred years ago i think and the two political parties are far too strong to be shaken up by 30% of one of the parties minus the people who stick with the party over their candidate

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Dec 20, 2015

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Tardcore posted:

They're afraid of him the same way one is afraid of a relative's hyperactive toddler running around an expensive vase.

They're afraid of him because he owns the media and drives the narrative. I won't even mention the Bernout.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Reason posted:

I think the best and most realistic thing that would actually make the general election interesting would be, whatever joker that isn't Trump for republican nomination. Trump goes independent. Hillary with democratic nomination and Bernie goes independent.

I agree that this would be great and I definitely would like for this to happen. This scenario could really shake the foundations of the American political system in a big way and would also be very entertaining, regardless of who won the election.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Matey posted:

lol, he's making himself an easy target by being openly racist/xenophobic. they ain't afraid of poo poo homie

Poll numbers say otherwise, honey.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
"Hey, I've got a great idea! Why don't I just doom the political party I'm a part of?!?!" -Bernard Sanders' alternate reality in Imagination Town

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Reason posted:

You could tell Sanders was gearing up for a presidential run for a few years now, and I was really disappointed when he went for the democratic nomination. Maybe he knew he wouldn't get it, and is just using it as a means to see if he can go as an independent at the national level?

No one can win independent on the national level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006
When did Hillary hire Conan O'brien as her debate coach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTv_bJRwf4

• Locked thread