Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eej posted:

Excuse me this is a model of cat perfection not "weird"

Her look reminds me of an actual rag doll as much as it does a cat, with the large round eyes and the circle around the one and stuff. Which I think might be the joke there since the asymmetry to her design doesn't fit with the cat breed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Invisigirl's power-up would involve making objects around her invisible.
It would be hard to fight someone if you keep running into invisible walls, baseball bats, and other opponents.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

pandaK posted:

Imagine how hard it would be to operate on invisigirl

Nah, invisible just means you can't be seen on that spectrum of light usually; other ranges of light, she'd probably be as easy to see as anyone else. That's the general trope with invisible superheroes and how they get beaten, at least. I'm sure this universe has doctors that have super-vision that includes "can see along the broad spectrum of light".

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

tlarn posted:

Nah, invisible just means you can't be seen on that spectrum of light usually; other ranges of light, she'd probably be as easy to see as anyone else. That's the general trope with invisible superheroes and how they get beaten, at least. I'm sure this universe has doctors that have super-vision that includes "can see along the broad spectrum of light".
Tbf that's exactly what having X-ray vision means, so Bad Seafood basically covered this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But what if she is made entirely of neutrinos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How can a person be made of pizza rolls?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

How can a person be made of pizza rolls?

They could be a goon. :shrug:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
What if she's transparent to all kinds of EM radiation.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Regardless, if her quirk is just to be invisible that is pretty useless unless she goes around naked all the time.

She's been pictured taking her clothes off before doing invisibility stuff so yeah apparently something like that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kyte posted:

What if she's transparent to all kinds of EM radiation.

Being immune to radiation of all kinds would be kind of sweet. Must suck to never feel the warmth of the sun on a cool winter's day though. Also you've got the typical fully invisible issue of how they see if the entire EM Spectrum is just passing through them like they don't exist.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Maybe she doesn't actually need to take off her clothes, it's just an excuse to be able to run around naked all the time.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe she doesn't actually need to take off her clothes, it's just an excuse to be able to run around naked all the time.

Can't decide if that would be funny or creepy depends on the writing I guess

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

DrSunshine posted:

She does appear p enthused about stripping.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey we get to hear the characters from the Anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5JkuRCJD0

Plus Ultra.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 20, 2015

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey we get to here the characters from the Anime.

Plus Ultra.

Uraraka's voice is higher than I had in mind, but I guess it will grow on me. Iida sounds like he has a proper stick up his rear end, as it should be.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The voices are good. The designs are good. I pray to god this anime will be good.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Urarara is adorable! :swoon:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I don't know why I don't like Miyake Kenta as All Might.

When I read the manga, it's Inada Tetsu's voice I hear in my head.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus Ultra.

Gotta love them "being inspired" by the Marvel Studios flip book in the BG and the Typography. Someone had fun in the office that day.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

God, it's really apparent how edgelord Mangastream is when you go from reading Fallen Angels on catchup to reading them for speed scanlations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus Ultra.

but what does the frog sound like... ... ....

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder how bad Horikoshi is freaking out now. It seems like MHA is really getting a lot of stuff early; audio drama, light novel, anime, spinoff, games, figurines.

At the same point a lot of the biggest manga that've been in WSJ weren't even to their real series-defining arcs yet.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I hope Invisible Girl gets a powerup and can turn other things invisible, too.

It'd be super good for screwing with your opponent :v:

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Someone mentioned it pages ago but I like the idea that invisgirl is just a remote force projection and her real body is somewhere else. She isn't invisible, she just isn't actually there.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Fabricated posted:

I wonder how bad Horikoshi is freaking out now. It seems like MHA is really getting a lot of stuff early; audio drama, light novel, anime, spinoff, games, figurines.

At the same point a lot of the biggest manga that've been in WSJ weren't even to their real series-defining arcs yet.

I'd imagine he's somewhere between swelling with immense pride, and being on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Like, not only does he have all that going for him, but this is whilst he gets to be published in the same book as one of his biggest idols, who even shone a spotlight on his work early in. Dude's living every budding artist's dream.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I need to know who was screaming in that cave

I think it's tokoyami since his shadow is harder to control in darkness.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its tokoyami because he has to peck at rocks to get his beak stronger.

You could say
Whacking the pecker

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shugojin posted:

I hope Invisible Girl gets a powerup and can turn other things invisible, too.

It'd be super good for screwing with your opponent :v:

I hope she can turn things visible. The ability to shift any part of the electromagnet spectrum into being visible by humans.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus Ultra.

"A-Are you really All Might? But you're a stick!"

"YES! I AM!"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Astro Nut posted:

I'd imagine he's somewhere between swelling with immense pride, and being on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Like, not only does he have all that going for him, but this is whilst he gets to be published in the same book as one of his biggest idols, who even shone a spotlight on his work early in. Dude's living every budding artist's dream.

Who's his idol? I'm assuming it's Oda, but beyond some of the basic manga in WSJ, I'm pretty clueless on a lot of them.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tsob posted:

Who's his idol? I'm assuming it's Oda, but beyond some of the basic manga in WSJ, I'm pretty clueless on a lot of them.

it's Oda

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

tsob posted:

One Piece has been running for like what, 15 years now? Back during I think the Arabasta arc (so way way long ago) Horikoshi's fan art was featured in a fanart section for One Piece.

Oda didn't know it was him until Horikoshi mentioned it; Oda thought it was awesome and wrote a spiel about it in one of his SBS things for One Piece- saying that he if had known it was Horikoshi he would've rooted for him harder. He also recommended that everyone check out My Hero Academia.

I think Horikoshi got a shout out from Kishimoto too not long after MHA started.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fabricated posted:

One Piece has been running for like what, 15 years now?

Almost 19.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zweihander01 posted:

Someone mentioned it pages ago but I like the idea that invisgirl is just a remote force projection and her real body is somewhere else. She isn't invisible, she just isn't actually there.

If she can do that, then she would be capable of Sue Storm level badassery.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MrCinos posted:

Is this supposed to be skinny?

No it isn't; I was commenting on how he seemed skinnier in the recent chapter than he did back on the page you linked. Part of it could be attributed to him being "pumped" from just finishing a workout in the picture you linked, but his arms in particular look pretty scrawny in the new chapter.

Either way it doesn't bug me that much. The only reason I noticed at all is that they had previous brought up "Midoriya needs to get (at least somewhat) swole to handle One for All" as a plot point and shown him make a bunch of progress on that front at the beginning of the comic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno how a week of torturous workouts are supposed to really help you make gains but "My Gold's Gym" probably doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm not sure how I didn't notice before, but the last chapter made me realise that aside from relatively small spots like the attack at USJ and Stain, the entire series has been effectively nothing but training arc after training arc. It makes perfect sense consider the main cast are students, as opposed to everything else which seems to make them students because money, and Horikoshi makes it work amazingly well. It just strikes me as amazingly funny how a manga dedicated almost exclusively to the thing that in every other series gets people ridiculously mad and annoyed managed to get as popular as it did.

KoB
May 1, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't know why I don't like Miyake Kenta as All Might.

When I read the manga, it's Inada Tetsu's voice I hear in my head.

I think it is good but I always heard Masashi Ebara/Captain Bravo in my head so Im kinda disappointed.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm not sure how I didn't notice before, but the last chapter made me realise that aside from relatively small spots like the attack at USJ and Stain, the entire series has been effectively nothing but training arc after training arc. It makes perfect sense consider the main cast are students, as opposed to everything else which seems to make them students because money, and Horikoshi makes it work amazingly well. It just strikes me as amazingly funny how a manga dedicated almost exclusively to the thing that in every other series gets people ridiculously mad and annoyed managed to get as popular as it did.

Don't forget that one tournament arc.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

invisible girl is absolutely a remote force projection and also a badguy and spy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dragonatrix posted:

It's all the framing. This is a series about the adventures of a guy becoming a hero at a Hero School. The training arcs aren't just padding to deal with a newly established threat, they're the whole point.