Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Just realized I've been following this game's development for multiple years, but my hype is undiminished. the long wait will only make those pixel pumpkins all the sweeter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah this game was like one of the early greenlight titles. Like shortly after greenlight became a thing.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

http://stardewvalley.net/dev-update-32/ posted:

:siren:That’s why I’ve decided to launch the single player version of Stardew Valley while I continue to work on multiplayer.:siren:
[...]
I don’t know the release date for this single player version yet. There’s still a small amount of work to be done on single player before it’s completely ready. I will let you know the exact date as soon as I can!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Fantastic. I couldn't give the tiniest poo poo about multiplayer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going with

Oh say

February

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

My main reason to get this is for multiplayer; so that's a pretty unfortunate decision. I'm still going to be eagerly awaiting its release but won't be picking it up until it gets MP.

Given that, does anyone know of any other harvest moon like games with MP?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'd be satisfied with any decent Harvest Moon like game.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

LLSix posted:

My main reason to get this is for multiplayer; so that's a pretty unfortunate decision. I'm still going to be eagerly awaiting its release but won't be picking it up until it gets MP.

it's an unfortunate decision to launch the game once the single player is finished? does it somehow hurt you that people who are interested in the single player version are going to play it before you or something?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

it's an unfortunate decision to launch the game once the single player is finished? does it somehow hurt you that people who are interested in the single player version are going to play it before you or something?

No. If that's how I came across than I must seem like a jerk and I'm sorry.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

LLSix posted:

No. If that's how I came across than I must seem like a jerk and I'm sorry.

Then why is it an unfortunate decision? Single player likers get it earlier, multiplayer lovers still get it.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Slime posted:

Then why is it an unfortunate decision?
SPers will burn out well before it goes MP :v:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Slime posted:

... multiplayer lovers still get it.

and probably for 50% off by the time multiplayer comes out

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think im going to wait until multiplayer release :(

Playing casual co-op games like Terraria with friends was the best thing.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Eonwe posted:

I'm going with

Oh say

February

Likely. Already tweeted it won't come out before Christmas.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Slime posted:

Then why is it an unfortunate decision? Single player likers get it earlier, multiplayer lovers still get it.

it's unfortunate for them as they want MP and will have to wait. why are you even pressing this?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Can't wait to play singleplayer and then later on multiplayer.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

a7m2 posted:

it's unfortunate for them as they want MP and will have to wait. why are you even pressing this?

Because they'd have to wait on MP either way. This just means people who want SP don't have to wait too.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

mcvey posted:

Can't wait to play singleplayer and then later on multiplayer.

You madman.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'm excited for multiplayer but as long as it doesn't go the way of Stardrive I'm okay with a delay. Terraria is a good game you guys but it was also good on release.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, it's unfortunet because multiplayer is hard and devs sometimes drop it later if they don't build the game as multiplayer from the start. Stardrive did this, and minecraft had huge multiplayer only issues for a long time.

Hopefully it won't happen with this, but development has been so slow that it makes me worried.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm sorry this one-man team is too slow for you.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Jackard posted:

SPers will burn out well before it goes MP :v:

This is what I'm afraid of. I'd rather not burn out on it before I can play it with someone.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Then don't play it until multiplayer. :ms:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Met posted:

Then don't play it until multiplayer. :ms:
That's not how excitement and anticipation work!

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been waiting for years, so I'm gonna play it as soon as I can. But I also have a friend I want to play it with.

Honestly, considering this isn't like Minecraft levels of open ended, I can see myself burning out on this game long before multiplayer comes out and "doing it all over again but with a friend" not being enough of an appeal for me to get back into it.

So I'm probably just going to play it to death by myself and possibly never do it multiplayer. It's a bit disappointing, but not the end of the world. Gonna have a ton of fun in single player, I'm sure.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think it really depends on how deep the building aspect is. With a friend in multiplayer you can really devote a lot of time to grinding out building materials and constructing some crazy mega projects that you wouldn't be able to alone because there's only so much time in a day.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Eiba posted:

That's not how excitement and anticipation work!

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been waiting for years, so I'm gonna play it as soon as I can. But I also have a friend I want to play it with.

Honestly, considering this isn't like Minecraft levels of open ended, I can see myself burning out on this game long before multiplayer comes out and "doing it all over again but with a friend" not being enough of an appeal for me to get back into it.

So I'm probably just going to play it to death by myself and possibly never do it multiplayer. It's a bit disappointing, but not the end of the world. Gonna have a ton of fun in single player, I'm sure.

This sums up my feelings exactly. IF like, a new rune factory came out to sate me I'd be able to hold off.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Harvest Moon has a mobile "full" game coming out around the same time. IOS, Android, and PC.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Met posted:

Harvest Moon has a mobile "full" game coming out around the same time. IOS, Android, and PC.

I'll beleive the 'full' when I see it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm kind of disappointed myself, because I can easily see how bolting multiplayer on after the fact can burn a developer out.

The other issue is that the people who are in it for the MP lose out on a certain sense of discovery unless everyone playing has managed to go unspoiled, due to SP being out awhile. A shame, but understandable I guess.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

I'm kind of disappointed myself, because I can easily see how bolting multiplayer on after the fact can burn a developer out.

The other issue is that the people who are in it for the MP lose out on a certain sense of discovery unless everyone playing has managed to go unspoiled, due to SP being out awhile. A shame, but understandable I guess.

He's not bolting multiplayer on though. From the first time I heard about this game years ago it was going to have multiplayer, it just isn't finished yet while singleplayer is.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
World's Dawn just released today as a Harvest Moon clone. Anyone have any opinions? It looks kind of generic, but I'm so desperate for a Harvest Moon game I'll play almost anything. Haven't tried Rune Factory so I guess that's an alternative

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Yar The Pirate posted:

World's Dawn just released today as a Harvest Moon clone. Anyone have any opinions? It looks kind of generic, but I'm so desperate for a Harvest Moon game I'll play almost anything. Haven't tried Rune Factory so I guess that's an alternative

I remember playing a bit of the pre-release demo.

It's alright. At the time it was pretty janky, farming especially so, and I recall vividly having to gently caress around the landscape to do the "talk to all the villagers!" start up bullshit for several hours before I found all the fuckers. You could probably find something of a development demo around, still.

edit: It literally has a 3 day demo, actually When you get down to it it's a RPG maker game. A prettied up, well scripted and fundamentally different one, but all the same.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 26, 2016

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Yar The Pirate posted:

I'm so desperate for a Harvest Moon game I'll play almost anything. Haven't tried Rune Factory so I guess that's an alternative

Uh, dude. There is your answer.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
gently caress that RPG maker poser game where's Stardew???

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yar The Pirate posted:

Seeds of Memories was just released for iOS.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yar The Pirate posted:

Haven't tried Rune Factory so I guess that's an alternative

Do this. It will scratch that Harvest Moon itch better than anything else out there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Counterpoint, as a Harvest Moon fan, I didn't enjoy Rune Factory.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Met posted:

But is there an alternative that you liked more than RF?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Met posted:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

Seeds of Memories was just released for iOS.

Seeds of Memory isn't very good imo.