Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Christianity?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Ah yes, Islam has never contributed anything, like all those countless scholars that transmitted ancient knowledge and improved upon it while Europe was busy being too dumb to read

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Silence is consent sounds like a direct warhammer 40k quote. :stare:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Klaus88 posted:

Over an image of the Crusades, romanticizing them, no less!

This is some wh40k poo poo.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Outrage shopping is America's number one hobby.

E: in response to boycott Star Wars.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I took it off tumblr and as bad as they are about sources I don't think they're this dumb. I feel like this was made here.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who What Now posted:

More of this, please.

sure

Note: I also searched for that particular spoiler hashtag because mostly racists use it in conjunction with #boycottstarwarsvii, but removed them from the pics

previously posted, but i want to note the user bio

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Klaus88 posted:

I had a boss who would say this. Whenever he asked a question and no one said anything, he'd pull that line out. It was the first time i'd ever heard it and sounds really rapey.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Finn's the best new character in the movie, gently caress the haters. Plus John Boyega is adorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkXKgwB6zCs

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The fucks a Dindu?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Solus posted:

The fucks a Dindu?

"Dindu nothing", a super racist thing! These posts are makin' me angry, Jerry!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
In before someone posts the "Preacher" panel, because as always those white supremacists are their own best counter-argument.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I really can't wrap my head around being such a petty, insecure gently caress that seeing a black person in a movie is enough to reduce someone into histrionics. Does anyone remember when Twitter completely dissolved because Rue in the Hunger Games was cast as a black person? That one always got to me because how could you have read the books and possibly missed the fact that she was, canonically, a black person?

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~

cash crab posted:

I really can't wrap my head around being such a petty, insecure gently caress that seeing a black person in a movie is enough to reduce someone into histrionics. Does anyone remember when Twitter completely dissolved because Rue in the Hunger Games was cast as a black person? That one always got to me because how could you have read the books and possibly missed the fact that she was, canonically, a black person?

I think you're talking about Sinna. Which was just as ridiculous.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Complaints over a Black storm trooper seem odd because weren't the first ones cloned from an Arabic or Persian guy? Luke and Han are the only White people we've ever seen wear the helmet. If you watched only episodes 4-7, you might think all storm troopers were Black.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The Worst Muslim posted:

No, people were super upset and angry that Rue wasn't the stereotypical innocent blonde child.

I remember seeing the tweets contrasted against actual descriptions in the book making it completely obvious she was black.

Some folks just can't allow the actual book to get in the way of their cherished stereotypes.

EDIT: Found it:

Puppy Time has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Dec 20, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Complaints over a Black storm trooper seem odd because weren't the first ones cloned from an Arabic or Persian guy? Luke and Han are the only White people we've ever seen wear the helmet. If you watched only episodes 4-7, you might think all storm troopers were Black.

The clone troopers were from a Maori guy.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

Maori.

And it's not like there weren't ever black people in Star Wars before. Did these people somehow completely miss Billy Dee Williams in the original trilogy completely? Did they forget James Earl Jones did Vader's iconic voice? I can forgive them for wiping the prequels from their memory but Samuel L. Jackson was in 1, 2, and 3.

John Boyega seems really nice. Everything I've seen about him, he just seems so genuinely, infectiously excited and happy. I know these people don't care about any of that, or about the movies or literally anything, but it's frustrating.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The New Order steered away from using clones for Storm Troopers, and started raising them from birth instead. It's a minor plot point that explains why it's possible that Finn would defect.

So, should I just hand over my lunch money, or do we have to do the whole "you beat it out of me" thing?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The Worst Muslim posted:

Cinna's race is never described in the books. It's only mentioned that he has dark hair and likes gold eyeliner, so the fact that they chose Lenny Kravitz was purely a creative liberty from the filmmakers perspective.

Puppy Time posted:

No, people were super upset and angry that Rue wasn't the stereotypical innocent blonde child.

I remember seeing the tweets contrasted against actual descriptions in the book making it completely obvious she was black.

Some folks just can't allow the actual book to get in the way of their cherished stereotypes.

EDIT: Found it:

Exactly. Imagine being this mad! Just imagine being this relentlessly offended over being forced to consider being sympathetic to someone who isn't white.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
IIRC Harry Potter fans were also mad about Blaise Sabini, a character who has like one line in the entire series, being black in the movies.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

cash crab posted:

Cinna's race is never described in the books. It's only mentioned that he has dark hair and likes gold eyeliner, so the fact that they chose Lenny Kravitz was purely a creative liberty from the filmmakers perspective.

Exactly. Imagine being this mad! Just imagine being this relentlessly offended over being forced to consider being sympathetic to someone who isn't white.

Cinna's race wasn't explicit, but it was clear that basically most people were not white, including Katniss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Henchman of Santa posted:

IIRC Harry Potter fans were also mad about Blaise Sabini, a character who has like one line in the entire series, being black in the movies.

IIRC the fifth or sixth book also blatently describes him as being a black dude. A huge part of it was that before hand he's only mentioned by name so of course all the weird fanfic writers decided he was actually a little blonde white girl who they could write loving the other characters. But nope he's an rear end in a top hat like every other evil character in the series, also a dude and black therefore JK Rowling is actually wrong because something something headcanon.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

some were mad when Cho Chang was chinese

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That was actually the sound JK Rowling made when she signed her newest book and movie deals.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

RareAcumen posted:

I took it off tumblr and as bad as they are about sources I don't think they're this dumb. I feel like this was made here.

I think this is a parody of a thing I saw on Facebook where people were sharing that Halloween was on Friday the 13th this year, and another thing I saw where there were five Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays in I think November (there weren't this year) that this is an ancient Chinese superstition (it isn't) and that it happens once every eight hundred years (it is more like once every seven years, except when leap years fall in such a way to skip this from happening - for the record, it happens when the first day of the month is a Saturday).

There are a lot of people posting dumb calendar myths so I wouldn't be surprised if people are doing it ironically at this point. At least, that's what I keep telling myself in defense of my friends.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Nuebot posted:

IIRC the fifth or sixth book also blatently describes him as being a black dude. A huge part of it was that before hand he's only mentioned by name so of course all the weird fanfic writers decided he was actually a little blonde white girl who they could write loving the other characters. But nope he's an rear end in a top hat like every other evil character in the series, also a dude and black therefore JK Rowling is actually wrong because something something headcanon.

You know what's really funny (not in a 'haha' way) was that Lavender Brown - much bigger character than Blaise - was a black girl for the first three or four movies and then when she started being plot relevant, suddenly she was a white girl. I don't remember hearing a peep about that lovely move.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cumslut1895 posted:

oldpainless posted:

That was actually the sound JK Rowling made when she signed her newest book and movie deals.

lmao

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

goose fleet posted:

Ah yes, Islam has never contributed anything, like all those countless scholars that transmitted ancient knowledge and improved upon it while Europe was busy being too dumb to read

It was very nice of them to preserve Greco-Roman knowledge after attacking and conquering most of the Greco-Roman Empire, yes.

Not to downplay the importance of Islamic science in the medieval era (which was indeed insanely important and heavily underrated by racists), but it's a little silly to credit them with saving ancient knowledge when they're the ones that destroyed Sassanid Persia and any hope of a restored Rome.

Byzantine has a new favorite as of 07:32 on Dec 20, 2015

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Byzantine posted:

It was very nice of them to preserve Greco-Roman knowledge after attacking and conquering most of the Greco-Roman Empire, yes.

Not to downplay the importance of Islamic science in the medieval era (which was indeed insanely important and heavily underrated by racists), but it's a little silly to credit them with saving ancient knowledge when they're the ones that destroyed Sassanid Persia and any hope of a restored Rome.

Those of you who have over the years or decades either observed or participated in the resistance to the murder of the White race know that provocateurs have attacked the racial purity of professed leaders to impugn their motives. In my opinion part of the reason this has successfully worked for the enemy is a mind set grown from an alien religion. A basic tenet of Judeo-Christianity and part of its fatal allure is that it allows inferior men to claim superior status without corresponding effort. A Judeo-Christian with an IQ of 90 and a dismal life history can get baptized, repeat a few ritualistic words and presto, suddenly proclaim divine status superior to that of a man a million times his superior in intellect and character. The "blue-eyed blond" syndrome is typical of this mentality. And I say this advisedly since I appear Nordic, tall, slender, blue-eyed blond. Yet I can only guess at the purity of my ancestry. My father of record sold my mother to his buddies and to strangers for booze money, so the Gods alone know all. What I do know is this. I look White. I fight for White. I recognize the achievements of the White race. I want to preserve our kind. I am horrified that the beauty of the White Aryan woman may soon perish from the earth forever. I suffer for each White child tormented in America's inter-racial nightmare. I see beauty in a Celtic princess with brown or red hair and green eyes. I see beauty in the statuesque Nordic Goddess with blue eyes and golden hair. I see beauty in the freckle-faced Irish lass. I see heroism in Robert Jay Mathews and Richard Scutari with their dark hair and eyes of green or brown as well as in Frank DeSilva, a fair skinned Bruders with a French Portuguese name. Theirs is far greater nobility than 99% of those "Nordic Ideals," I might add.

For those who boast of their "purity," you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents and so on. Go back 500 years or so and you have a million ancestors. A few more generations and everyone who ever trod the lands of Europe is your ancestor, including Huns, Mongols and Moors. There are no 100% pure Aryans as per 10,000 years ago. But we still do exist as a distinct and unique biological entity. The cultures and civilizations we create are beyond comparison. The beauty of our women, blondes, brunettes, redheads, green-eyed, blue-eyed, brown-eyed, is the desire of all men and the envy of all women. So, we do not want to be derailed by gossip or speculation on who may be 1/16th Indian or have some Italian, Spanish or Portuguese blood. We do not wish to be bamboozled over whether Islam, which did not exist until the 7th century, somehow managed to destroy the Greco-Roman Empire centuries earlier through elaborate means of time-travel. We are not going to debate over whether the collective remaining White gene pool is 95% or 97% pure Aryan.

Surely it would be a tragedy if the various divisions of our race lose their distinctive traits and beauty. And after we have secured the existence of our people and a future for ALL our children, hopefully we can take steps to preserve this diversity. But for now, we are going to accept the facts and circumstances as they exist. We are going to work together for the holy cause and we will not tolerate provocateurs, divisions or dissension. If someone looks White, acts White, fights White, then until their actions prove otherwise, they are our Folk. On the other hand, regardless of pedigree or appearance, those who oppose, criticize, hinder or fail to support our cause are no friends of ours.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cumslut1895 posted:

Go find the logic loops they use to try to justify Cho being white.

"well, she has a Chinese name because she was a white girl adopted by Chinese parents!".

There's a lot of loving racist nerds out there, but don't dare you call them that, its mean and triggering! You don't get to use that word when you're using it to keep people down.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Storm troopers weren't cloned

Please stop acknowledging the prequels

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Storm troopers weren't cloned

Please stop acknowledging the prequels

given that so many of the cloned troops died, you'd think it would be logical that the empire would start to recruit soldiers from it's territory

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Finally someone has figured out a solution to the Syrian refugee issue.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

oldpainless posted:

:eyepop: I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you I love your posting.

I really never got why those people are so afraid of colored people. As a white guy I can't say anyone ever stole my job or my woman or my heritage. And I mean it's not like our society has become biased in favor to POCs, on the contrary we haven't even reached equality yet. I'm working in academia and boy are POCs underrepresented at work.

I guess I'm just fascinated by how those people think the POCs are stealing their jobs and women while at the same time being lazy and dumb and terrible at everything. As a poster in the freep thread put it : "by furious goal post shifting the enemy is both pathetic and terrifying."

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Cumslut1895 posted:

I seem to remember a lot of people being confused that Cho was ethnically Chinese but also Scottish.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Man I'm sure these are just a grab bag but a crusader followed by "only one religion orders its followers to kill people: ISLAM!!!!" is loving perfect.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Hmm, let's take a look at this illustration from the fifth book, which came out before Cho Chang's first movie appearance in the fourth film.

Yep, definitely no way she's Asian.

Cumslut1895 posted:

given that so many of the cloned troops died, you'd think it would be logical that the empire would start to recruit soldiers from it's territory

Stormtroopers were always portrayed as conscripts and recruits in the EU, and coming out of the second prequel, I just assumed that they'd stop making clones at the end of the Clone Wars, and I was surprised years later to find out that people were so confused about this.

Plus, I'm thinking if George Lucas would have redubbed the stormtroopers with Temeura Morrison in the special edition DVDs like he did with Boba Fett if he'd intended them to be clones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

her name is loving cho chang goddamnit