Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rip piccolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
krillin still didn't get his hoagie

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
frieza shows up and steals the car

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Farecoal posted:

frieza shows up and steals the car

he drives off blasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NFvegp57c

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKTjh_ykQY

I must admit I never saw this coming.

The sad thing is, I've worked on six 2016 Ford Focuses and only 1 had those features.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
"Hey Zangya's still hot!"

"Yeah, so's Bido!

...Oh when he says it it's fine but when I say it, it's weird?"

Oh TFS, never change.

Rekka
Feb 1, 2004

oh god, it's.... THE DOOOO!
Todays Super episode looked like it was drawn by a 3 year old.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is TFS really gonna put Curse of the Blood Rubies in their top 5, or did I miss an episode of DBcember?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rekka posted:

Todays Super episode looked like it was drawn by a 3 year old.

No hyperbole, I think Super is worse than GT, at least so far. Really hoping it improves dramatically when we get past the movies.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 20, 2015

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Raxivace posted:

Is TFS really gonna put Curse of the Blood Rubies in their top 5, or did I miss an episode of DBcember?

You missed an ep. It was already mentioned.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Raxivace posted:

You did. The only ones left are History of Trunks, Bardock: Father of Goku, Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and Battle of Gods.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Pretty good finalists, though I'd swap out Bardock and BoG with Lord Slug and Fusion Reborn, personally.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't really get the love for Dead Zone.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Thanks for the help guys.

Pureauthor posted:

People like drunk Gohan I guess. I don't really like it the movie a whole lot myself, though it's been a long time since I've seen it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have vivid memories of it because some family friends got it for me when I was a kid one Christmas before we even had a DVD player. I'm sure it helps that it's the closest to fitting into canon(the only thing off about it is Krillin meeting Gohan). Like World's Strongest the fights have a real down to earth feel, it mixes all the best things about DB and Z.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

The Bee posted:

You did. The only ones left are History of Trunks, Bardock: Father of Goku, Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and Battle of Gods.

Calling it now, History of Trunks for #1.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I feel like History of Trunks has some really great moments instead of being a great Dragon Ball movie. The last few times I've watched it it's felt a little too elliptic, I think.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

WickedHate posted:

No hyperbole, I think Super is worse than GT, at least so far. Really hoping it improves dramatically when we get past the movies.

Super is better than GT solely on the weight of the episodes that haven't been about the movies.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So if this were GT, we'd be about halfway done in terms of episodes, right? I only ever saw the first run of the dub that skipped a bunch of episodes, so where would that be in terms of plot? Cause I remember the whole thing with the robot planet taking forever to finish up, and then Baby had a whole arc. It's hard to believe they went through like three main villains through the entirety of GT, even.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

So if this were GT, we'd be about halfway done in terms of episodes, right? I only ever saw the first run of the dub that skipped a bunch of episodes, so where would that be in terms of plot? Cause I remember the whole thing with the robot planet taking forever to finish up, and then Baby had a whole arc. It's hard to believe they went through like three main villains through the entirety of GT, even.

well super 17 was like 4 episodes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

One of the initial announcements said something like 100 or more episodes but I'm not sure if that was true.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, looking at it, we'd still be in Baby land. Even if most of this has been a retelling we didn't need, I'd still say this is way more interesting than GT.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've said it a lot but if nothing else GT had some hella cool designs. It's such a shame it was wasted with the terrible writing.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

WickedHate posted:

I've said it a lot but if nothing else GT had some hella cool designs. It's such a shame it was wasted with the terrible writing.

Eh I hated Pan's hair, Bra looked way too old, Trunks looked like a boy scout and they turned Goten into Yamcha but mustache Vegeta is life

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Goten is totally Yamcha's kid. He's been turning Super Human the entire time with the strength he got from Chi-Chi.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

WickedHate posted:

This is something I've thought of too... do we actually have any reason at all to think anything like this could happen? It seems like it makes sense as a fan (hey why bother putting effort & money redoing the movies), but I dunno if it's something an animation studio would bother doing. Sure would be cool.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

WickedHate posted:

Goten is totally Yamcha's kid. He's been turning Super Human the entire time with the strength he got from Chi-Chi.

I'd buy Goten being Vegeta's kid before Yamcha no way the man is still terrified of women. I... just really think Yamcha is super pointless and it's hilarious,so funny

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Pureauthor posted:

It's a better Dragon Ball film than any of the four actual Dragon Ball films.

Kuroyama posted:

Calling it now, History of Trunks for #1.

I'm pulling for World's Strongest to be #1 but I suspect it will be Battle of Gods.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

In It For The Tank posted:

It's a better Dragon Ball film than any of the four actual Dragon Ball films.

I'm pulling for World's Strongest to be #1 but I suspect it will be Battle of Gods.

Considering KaiserNeko, it's gonna be The History of Trunks.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
While KaiserNeko is a Trunksophile and that may push it artificially high, I still think as a group they'll choose BoG.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

The guy dissectioning the entire series recently uploaded a review of said movie. I'd say he does a good job pointing the good things while staying critical.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I watched Dead Zone a few days ago, and it's definitely a short, neat little movie. It's especially interesting to get more of the dynamic that you only get to see some of during the Raditz fight.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Guys, it'll clearly be Dragon Ball Evolution in the first place. It can't be anything else.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Aurora posted:

I watched Dead Zone a few days ago, and it's definitely a short, neat little movie. It's especially interesting to get more of the dynamic that you only get to see some of during the Raditz fight.

I'd swap it with Fusion Reborn to be honest. It's really jarring that a goddamn immortal decides the only way to win is to open up the only thing that can kill him. That and I just don't 'get' Gohan's massive drunk binge.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I liked Dead Zone better than FB solely because Piccolo is way better than Vegeta.

Why did everyone in GT have such massive jaws? Piccolo looked like he had gout

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
And why was Goku covered in oil and fake tan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dead Zone's alright, definitely one of the more fun dbz movies with stuff actually happening for the most part.

Farecoal posted:

And why was Goku covered in oil and fake tan

I mean you gotta show off his rippling 10 year old abs

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This latest episode of Super is the overall worst animated episode of Dragon Ball I've seen, and I'm not exaggerating at all. And it's basically complete filler. Basically watch Goku go SSG and skip the rest of the episode.

edit: And Vegeta smiling and clapping.

Darko fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Farecoal posted:

I liked Dead Zone better than FB solely because Piccolo is way better than Vegeta.

Why did everyone in GT have such massive jaws? Piccolo looked like he had gout

Sorry I'm not following, Dead Zone you like better the Fusion Reborn? Because I can't think of a different movie that would match FB. Fusion Reborn had some entertaining jokes about pretty much Halloween and Janemba being a mildly entertaining Buu ripoff with no personality at all. An enjoyable movie definitely, but ultimately worthless in terms of story. I feel like Janemba was such a massive failure though as a villain. So cool in design and stuff, but soulless.

E: Can someone explain the tea muffin button joke? I just, can't follow where it comes from or parodies.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 20, 2015

• Locked thread