Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah they really hosed us hard with that one. It hurt so bad I still refuse to give them money. I know they don't care, but they lost a good amount of by kicking me out of their hobby. If the 6th edition book fixed stuff I'd probably have changed my opinion, but its been one disappointment after the next.

I have no idea how there are still Sisters or Tyranids players honestly. They have it even worse. There's FW though and its still fun to ham despite everything.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah they really hosed us hard with that one. It hurt so bad I still refuse to give them money. I know they don't care, but they lost a good amount of by kicking me out of their hobby. If the 6th edition book fixed stuff I'd probably have changed my opinion, but its been one disappointment after the next.

I have no idea how there are still Sisters or Tyranids players honestly. They have it even worse. There's FW though and its still fun to ham despite everything.

Really, just use 30k rules with 40k point costs for your CSM warbands. Want crazy-rear end demons? Use the word bearers rule. Want to play black legion? Use the SoH rules.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
For sure. I'm all aboard the new system, but I won't forget how hard they hosed us over. Anyway sorry for the lovely derail have some amazing admech instead- I think I might do what this guy did with the Brass Scorpion and run it as a Thanatar:

Looks like he made custom white decals too, which is going to be a bitch for me to reproduce

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
That scorpion is loving incredible.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Yeah those look amazing. Really fantastic job.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Those are pretty incredible. Really hope Dark Mechanicum get some access to Daemon Engines like the Scorpion because I really wouldn't mind playing a game with an army looking like that on the other side of the table.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Figured y'all would appreciate: new trailer for the Battlefleet Gothic game focusing on the Imperium's gameplay.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
For the first time you can see the Eldar. Looks like a Shadow cruiser.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cythereal posted:

Figured y'all would appreciate: new trailer for the Battlefleet Gothic game focusing on the Imperium's gameplay.

God drat this looks cool.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cooked Auto posted:

Ace. Much appreciated.

Let me know how this goes! I'm always interested to hear people's tales of vehicular slaughter.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Let me know how this goes! I'm always interested to hear people's tales of vehicular slaughter.

We'll see. People have been mostly talking about making up new rules for their Kart event in this case. Right now it's really just one big maybe than anything else.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
So, some FAQs have been updatd. The Dark Angels one has a single change, but it's to fix the incredibly stupid issue where the Ravenwing detachment had 3 HQ slots but only a single* (unique, special character) model that was actually legal to use in them.

Neat.

* Technically two, but it says in the unit entries that you can't take both of them in the same army.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ANAmal.net posted:

So, some FAQs have been updatd. The Dark Angels one has a single change, but it's to fix the incredibly stupid issue where the Ravenwing detachment had 3 HQ slots but only a single* (unique, special character) model that was actually legal to use in them.

Neat.

* Technically two, but it says in the unit entries that you can't take both of them in the same army.

Cool, I'll take it, but how the hell do you find them? Their website's a labyrinth.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SRM posted:

Cool, I'll take it, but how the hell do you find them? Their website's a labyrinth.

BoLS had the link up: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

Supposedly they'll be updating more (they also updated Space Wolves, Orks, Dark Eldar, and the core Rulebook), but those are the only changes that I've seen so far, and they're all pretty minor.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

TheChirurgeon posted:

BoLS had the link up: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

Supposedly they'll be updating more (they also updated Space Wolves, Orks, Dark Eldar, and the core Rulebook), but those are the only changes that I've seen so far, and they're all pretty minor.

Yeah, I got the link off of BoLS but I didn't want to publicly admit that I was trying so hard to gently caress off at work that I went to their terrible site.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Yeah, I got the link off of BoLS but I didn't want to publicly admit that I was trying so hard to gently caress off at work that I went to their terrible site.

Yeah it's the only way to find the FAQs buried on GW's site or I'd have done the same thing

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Awesome! I just added the two of you. I also added someone in San Marcos last week (Jv1244), which I know is right near y'all.

I see I'm up there, thanks! The dude from San Marcos is in a local gaming group down here. I just noticed I'm the only dimwit to put my real name on there. Mind changing it to Lord Thrust? I might as well use my Goon moniker. There should be a third dude, at least signing up soon, btw.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/Warhammer_40000/Orks_EN.pdf

gently caress you too, buddy

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lord Thrust posted:

I see I'm up there, thanks! The dude from San Marcos is in a local gaming group down here. I just noticed I'm the only dimwit to put my real name on there. Mind changing it to Lord Thrust? I might as well use my Goon moniker. There should be a third dude, at least signing up soon, btw.

Done! Yeah, I noticed that too but I wasn't sure if you or your buddy had put in their real name.

I'm hoping to see some game results get submitted over the Christmas holiday. There's a cool bonus for posting the first verified win.

Yeah, p much

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
I need big, beefcake models. Preferably about the size of a Daemon Prince, but certainly larger than your average Space Marine or Ork or whatever. I will happily take any and all suggestions, as I have a gimmick in mind.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
These guys are coming out in February/March:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/wrath-of-kings-previews-pelgarth-brutes/

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
GW may have intentionally nuked their fantasy setting and made a huge disappointing mess of Chaos/Tyranids/Sisters but I guess now that means there isn't any reason I can't use clearance priced kits of VC skeletons Rattling Bonerhordes as spooky ancient Nurgle demons, or cultists or what have you.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Jesus gently caress that's ugly.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Rat titty army for President.

So I've started washing up another one of my forge world realm of battle tiles (this one http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Realm-of-Battle-Cityscape-Shattered-Plaza), and the center of the wide open plaza space is warped outwards a bit, just enough that any large building I put on it will tilt to a degree that placing models on it might be a bit precarious. It's not very thick, and I was thinking of setting a book or two underneath, hitting it with a heat gun or blow dryer for a bit, then putting some weight on top to flatten it out, then let it sit for a few days before I prime it. I've never messed with adjusting a piece of resin this large, however, and would be interested to hear if anyone has done something similar.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wait.... that's it for Orks v1.1? What the gently caress.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Well yeah, they patched out the two biggest problems with the ork codex, what more could we want?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My prolapsed anus tucked back in my butt after playing Tau would be a good start.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There's been a bunch of errata updates including one for the main rules. But apparently the IG one didn't even get uploaded as a pdf so the link can't be opened. :doh:

Also, new updated digital codexes or something that they want to call Gamers Editions.
Only for iOS devices of course.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 19, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Wait.... that's it for Orks v1.1? What the gently caress.

Literally all they changed between the editions of the FAQ were removing two empty pages at the end. The previous FAQ on the GW site has the same errata. The Black Library site still had the previous one on which only had the gigashoota stats.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK so I think I have three ghostkeels and two riptides and three broadsides and a bunch of crisis suits coming in the mail. Sure seems like Tau got is underpriced pointswise

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

There's been a bunch of errata updates including one for the main rules. But apparently the IG one didn't even get uploaded as a pdf so the link can't be opened. :doh:

Also, new updated digital codexes or something that they want to call Gamers Editions.

But half the price!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

But half the price!

Well that's nice I guess.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Cooked Auto posted:

Well that's nice I guess.

Why are they iOS only? gently caress you, that's why!

Cooked Auto posted:

I saw this. Looks like Baal: Exterminatus is also up for an update. Stronghold Assault got a severely long-overdue update that actually specifies the size of buildings so you can tell how many structure points they are supposed to have, but AM and Exterminatus are just empty links.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

but AM and Exterminatus are just empty links.

Nah, someone forgot to save them as pdfs or just upload a proper pdf file. There is a file there but you can't rename them to txt or pdf anyway to make them work.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Cooked Auto posted:

Nah, someone forgot to save them as pdfs or just upload a proper pdf file. There is a file there but you can't rename them to txt or pdf anyway to make them work.

ok, whatever

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Crossposting from the miniatures painting thread, a mixture of my Death Guard and Mechanicus/Mechanicum:

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Hey guys been out of 40k for a really long time but I recently got one of those facebook updates where it says like hey five years ago this was a picture you were tagged in and it was a picture of me at GT playing Eldar and it kinda has put a bug in me that I want to buy a box of space mans and paint them up. What is 40k like right now? I have not done much with it in like a year because I felt like it was really starting to tank as a game, did that turn out to be true? Has the game balanced itself out? Whats going on with it?

Edit

The robots above me look sick as hell!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ghostkeels: are they legit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

rjderouin posted:

Hey guys been out of 40k for a really long time but I recently got one of those facebook updates where it says like hey five years ago this was a picture you were tagged in and it was a picture of me at GT playing Eldar and it kinda has put a bug in me that I want to buy a box of space mans and paint them up. What is 40k like right now? I have not done much with it in like a year because I felt like it was really starting to tank as a game, did that turn out to be true? Has the game balanced itself out? Whats going on with it?

Edit

The robots above me look sick as hell!

I got terrible news for you.

It bad. Very bad.

• Locked thread