Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That doesn't sound as bad as the "no labels" my friend was telling me about, should have read the article first hand not 2nd hand. Still, when you've gotten to the point that you're distributing in supermarkets you should probably know the basic food labeling laws. You make certain information optional and then no one does it. Any leeway you give 'small local produces' will be jumped upon tenfold by the corporate players to avoid regulations. Sometimes rules that seem silly or bothersome in extremely specific situations are in fact very important in the grand scheme of things. Sucks for this lady, but better than the alternative of no one labeling anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

large hands posted:

but do you really need to know the percentage of recommended daily intake of iron that's in your egg nog ice cream or w/e?

Yeah turns out some people like to know what they're eating, what a shock (your friend is a moron)

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

large hands posted:

she buys milk and eggs from local farmers and has weird ingredients like pine needles and stuff so she would have to get each tiny batch of ice cream lab analysed for content. i honestly don't have a problem with that, even though it's expensive; we all have to follow the rules. just pointing out that baronjutter is talking out of his rear end

I looked up the article, http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/small-ice-cream-maker-says-labelling-rules-are-bad-for-business-1.3364840

Look, I'm not from Victoria but people buying food in a grocery store should reasonably be able to expect that the food is safe and is made out of other food grade ingredients like not loving pine needles from the park. Imagine if Maple Leaf was raking up pine needles and putting them in Great North Breakfast Sausages.

As much of a small government guy that I am, good on the CFIA for shutting these practices down.

quote:

"I just do everything intuitively now," said Maxwell, who admitted she doesn't keep a record of past recipes.

"I really felt like giving up. Because I don't like being crunched into a 'norm' box," she said.

“I could conform and have three flavours available for sale in stores … but it confines me creatively."

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
So when are theses crazy house prices going down???

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I'm going to make an ice cream with sterilized fecal matter in it. I'm going to sell it in unlabelled containers and call it CANPOL THREAD ICE CREAM

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/small-ice-cream-maker-says-labelling-rules-are-bad-for-business-1.3364840 posted:

She says she could have come up with federally-approved labels from the beginning — but it would have been a daunting and expensive task.

So she could have been doing it proper, but didn't want too cause it would be hard and she'd make less money

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Cultural Imperial posted:

I'm going to make an ice cream with sterilized fecal matter in it. I'm going to sell it in unlabelled containers and call it CANPOL THREAD ICE CREAM

Would still taste better than candy cane :colbert:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

If you'd like I will send you a sample of my brand of icecream, you should even pay me for the service to stimulate the economy

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Ben Myers Senior Vice President, Market Research and Analytics, Fortress Real Developments posted:

Toronto And Vancouver Real Estate Is Undervalued - Globally Speaking

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/8810878

The difference between Vancouver and all those other cities is you can actually make money in those places.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/8810878 posted:

If you paid $400,000 for a condo downtown, does it makes sense to pay $500,000 for a bigger unit up the street, or $700,000 for a house in the suburbs? You might even contemplate moving out of the metro area altogether to a smaller city or town a couple of hours away, because you know the prices are 40 per cent lower.

This method of comparison was valid when Toronto and Vancouver were second-tier global cities. But that has changed. These markets have ascended to the ranks of world-class cities.

So, maybe high price-to-rent and price-to-income ratios don't signal overvaluation, an overabundance of property speculation, or impending doom. Perhaps they actually signal the ascension of Toronto and Vancouver into the highest of global ranks.

Toronto and Vancouver are so expensive because they just went SSJ2. Thanks for the insightful analysis Huffington Post! :ssj:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Dec 19, 2015

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

More evidence "local small business" are greedy lazy idiots.
The paper today ran an article about a small local business that makes "small batch specialty ice cream" and how it was brutally shut down by government red tape. Why does the government want to destroy small business?! Why did these jackbooted thugs shut them down? Because they refused to label any of their products. They were just selling tubs of icecream with no info on the contents what so ever. All they need is a sticker listing the ingredients and standard nutritional info like every other commercial food product. They could have typed the labels up in less time than bitching to the news paper.

Small business, too loving stupid to adapt to the need to put a sticker on the food they sell.

Translation: Our business would fail if we told our customers the truth (though based on large hands's posts she was just too lazy to comply with regulations?)

large hands posted:

Uhh no. That's an acquaintance of mine, it's pretty much a one person operation with occasional help. The ingredients are all labelled, just not the daily percent of vitamins/calories/fats etc. That would be pretty onerous for them as they make multiple different new flavours every month in batches of only a couple dozen pints. It does come across as kind of whiny to go to the cbc about it but do you really need to know the percentage of recommended daily intake of iron that's in your egg nog ice cream or w/e?

Haha there's no "Uhh no" to that, you just described the situation in different words. Having names but not including the information that people actually want to know doesn't count!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 19, 2015

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ikantski posted:

Would still taste better than candy cane :colbert:

candy cane icecream is delicious, what the hell is wrong with you.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Haha there's no "Uhh no" to that, you just described the situation in different words. Having names but not including the information that people actually want to know doesn't count!

Baronjutter posted:

That doesn't sound as bad as the "no labels" my friend was telling me about, should have read the article first hand not 2nd hand.

Anyway she obviously got in over her head when she started selling to supermarkets and will have to figure out a compromise, as I don't think a sob story in the local rag is going to gather much sympathy from the food inspection agency. Maybe she'll send a heartfelt letter to Trudeau.

...and who the hell checks the nutritional facts on the tub of ice cream they're buying? A quick look at the ingredients if you're allergic or something or want to see if it's made with garbage.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Yeah nutritional facts who had time for that onerousness!!!!!!!!!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wait I thought rules and regulations were for big companies. I'm just a little guy!!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

large hands posted:

...and who the hell checks the nutritional facts on the tub of ice cream they're buying? A quick look at the ingredients if you're allergic or something or want to see if it's made with garbage.

Someone will, that's why it's the law! :keke:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Someone will, that's why it's the law! :keke:

Indeed.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im going to make ice cream out of the tar sands goop and save the Canadian economy. Regulations, safety and protocols dont apply when Im doing under the guise of small business.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

Mantle posted:

The difference between Vancouver and all those other cities is you can actually make money in those places.

Relying on reliable metrics like price-to-income ratio and price-to-rent ratio confines us creatively, so let's cherry-pick some numbers.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Mantle posted:

They also have iconic cultural activities that people are willing to pay out the rear end to experience just once in their lifetime, let alone live in the same city as.

The same cannot be said for this podunk little mining and logging port.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I check the nutritional info on ice cream every time I buy some because believe it or not some people actually give a poo poo what goes into their bodies!

Large hands your friend is an idiot and going by your posts about this topic so are you.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

HookShot posted:

I check the nutritional info on ice cream every time I buy some because believe it or not some people actually give a poo poo what goes into their bodies!

Large hands your friend is an idiot and going by your posts about this topic so are you.

gently caress you fatass

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Should have started a craft brewery instead, she could have put all the pinecones she wanted in her products with no obligation to list ingredients, let alone nutritional information. No pesky federal food safety inspections either!

You could do this except with beer, and it would be perfectly legal.

edit: as long as you put an ABV on the bottle of course. (No actual requirement that it be in any way accurate, as long as you aren't intending to sell it through government stores)

Kreez fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 20, 2015

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.macleans.ca/economy/economicanalysis/the-days-of-easy-money-in-the-housing-market-are-over/

quote:

If you recently bought a home in Toronto or Vancouver solely to make a quick financial gain, you probably just made a mistake. We humans are averse to loss, and real estate in Canada’s two biggest cities has looked like easy money for several years now. But as behavioural economist Richard Thaler reminded me recently in the pages of his latest book, asset prices inevitably revert to their historical mean. “Recent momentum in prices in Toronto and Vancouver may increase the likelihood of a correction in house prices, which could affect vulnerable households,” Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz said at a press conference in Ottawa on Dec. 15. City slickers, you’ve been warned.

What about the roughly 26 million people who live in the rest of Canada? Many of them already have been reminded that the real estate market is subject to gravitational forces. The Teranet-National Bank index of house prices in the country’s 11 largest metropolitan regions rose 6.1 per cent in November, yet only four cities—Toronto, Hamilton, Vancouver and Victoria—actually posted gains. Values in the other seven contracted. “The Canadian real estate market already is in correction mode,” said Krishen Rangasamy, an economist at National Bank Financial in Montreal.

:monocle:

quote:

The Bank of Canada seems to see things roughly the same way. Poloz’s press conference followed the release of the central bank’s December financial system review (FSR), which concluded that a record household-debt burden makes Canada vulnerable to a housing crash, although policy-makers see little reason to think that will happen. The governor was asked whether someone in a place such as Moose Jaw, Sask., should worry about the value of his or her home being pulled down by a correction in Toronto and/or Vancouver. “I think not,” Poloz said. There are fundamental reasons prices are elevated in those cities, he said; employment is strong and populations are growing faster than the housing stock. “I think of it as a local phenomenon,” he said of real estate prices, effectively ruling out the possibility that his interest-rate policy has stoked a national mania.

Carolyn Wilkins, the senior deputy governor, was slightly more circumspect. Toronto, Vancouver and their surroundings represent about a third of the country’s mortgages. “It’s not insignificant,” she said. Her comment was a nod to the fact that Canada’s banks are highly exposed to real estate in Toronto and Vancouver. If things go bad in either city, lenders could retreat, triggering a tightening of credit across the country that would crimp demand for houses. But that remains mostly a theoretical concern at the Bank of Canada. “The probability of a problem is low,” she said.

Ok then. Nothing to see here.

quote:

about eight per cent of households are carrying debt that is 350 per cent or more of their gross income. (The authors chose 350 per cent because that’s the level of debt at which borrowers tend to start missing payments.) Most of those households are in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario. Alberta’s prospects are grim, but things are looking up in B.C. and Ontario. The Bank of Canada isn’t going to alter its stimulus plans for one province.

:agreed:

Stephen Poloz posted:

The governor was asked whether someone in a place such as Moose Jaw, Sask., should worry about the value of his or her home being pulled down by a correction in Toronto and/or Vancouver. “I think not,” Poloz said. There are fundamental reasons prices are elevated in those cities, he said; employment is strong and populations are growing faster than the housing stock. “I think of it as a local phenomenon,” he said of real estate prices, effectively ruling out the possibility that his interest-rate policy has stoked a national mania.

Oh really? So what's driving economic growth in BC?

http://www.news1130.com/2015/12/07/bc-economic-growth-conference-board/

quote:

There is another positive economic outlook for British Columbia, this one from the Conference Board of Canada.

It predicts BC will be the only province to grow more than three per cent this year and next: 3.1 per cent this year and 3.6 per cent in 2016.

Much of that growth is driven by the frantic pace of home construction in Metro Vancouver.

The board’s Marie-Christine Bernard says “the bright outlook for the province is largely thanks to the construction industry,” with housing starts expected to reach 33,000 this year and a similar level next year.

The board says the hot housing market is boosting the real estate, finance and insurance sector, but “is also leading to higher sales of durable goods, such as home appliances and garden equipment.”

The forecast calls for BC’s retail sales to rise 6.6 per cent this year and remain above the 20-year average until at least 2019, partly supported by an “improving job market,” adding “job creation should be strong again in 2016 and 2017.”

Literally, the loving Governor of the Bank of Canada says that there won't be a risk of correction of the housing markets in Toronto and BC because their economies are strong. And what's driving BC's economy? loving HOME CONSTRUCTION AND BUYING HOME RELATED BULLSHIT

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://business.financialpost.com/n...decimate-sector

quote:

The oil and gas sector will see 100,000 job losses by the end of this year, including 40,000 direct jobs, as a combination of policy uncertainties and low crude oil prices decimates the sector, the head of the country’s oil and gas industry group says.

:qq:

quote:

“Canadians should be concerned in times like these,” Tim McMillan, president and chief executive of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, said in an interview. “We have a lot of big policy pieces moving around. We need … to ensure we can compete in a slower price environment and if prices do bounce back , that we are the preferred investment jurisdiction and that we are picking up more than our fair share.”

Crude oil prices have halved in the space of a year to around US$35 per barrel and could slip further to the high US$20s as major producers continue to flood the market with record output, Citigroup estimates. Alberta alone has seen job losses of 63,500 jobs in the first eight months of the year, mostly related to the oil sector, according to Statistics Canada.

Apart from the protracted price declines, Alberta’s oil and gas sector has also had to contend with a 20 per cent hike in corporate taxes, a carbon tax and new regulatory policies to limit rein in carbon emissions.

Meanwhile, a new provincial royalty regime is to be announced in January, leaving Alberta oil and gas producers under a cloud of uncertainty. The new federal government also plans to unveil new policies, including a review of the regulatory process, which the sector sees as more burden in an already difficult environment for the industry.

McMillan said those burdens are chipping away at Alberta’s competitiveness as an energy jurisdiction. In the 1990s, Canada attracted 37 per cent of all oil and gas investments in North America, a figure that now stands at 17 per cent, he said.

quote:

“I would like to see us getting more of the North American investment,” said McMillan, who was previously Saskatchewan’s energy and resources minister. “But as technology has unlocked shale, and now Mexico has opened up to private sector investment, we need to sharpen our pencils.”

On Friday, American lawmakers lifted a 40-year ban on U.S. crude oil, which would bring a new competitor into the already-crowded international suppliers market. McMillan said while scrapping the export ban will bring more efficiency to the North American oil landscape, Canada should try to forge its own path to international markets.

hahahah loving looooool

You guys know who Canada exports most of its oil to right?

https://www.asiapacific.ca/blog/meeting-asias-needs-what-energy-does-canada-export-asia

quote:

the U.S. has consistently been the principal destination for Canada’s energy, accounting for an average of 93.7% of our energy exports over the same period. However, due to the shale oil and gas revolution and decreasing U.S. demand, Canadian-based energy producers must consider a future where the U.S.’s dominant position in Canada’s energy export portfolio may diminish. Enter Asia.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Omg the loving dinosaur tears in the comments of this Financial Post article:

Some loving shitheel on Facebook posted:

Perfect time for a brilliant politician like Notley to ratchet up regulations and impose a Gaia loving Carbon Tax.

And of course our equally brilliant PM Sunshine, Fluffy Clouds, Selfies, he who single handidly invented the Self Balancing Budget, will solve the problem even faster than Notley by imposing more carbon taxes, regulations and fees.

Alberta . . The lucky province.
Like · Reply · 10 · Dec 18, 2015 11:33am

Tim Boyle posted:

One can just imagine the response if these 100,000 jobs were being lost in Ontario or Quebec. Politicians would be tripping over themselves with pledges of 10s of $billions to save as many of those jobs as possible and cushion the rest. Anything to save a vital canadian industry. But not the oil industry and certainly not the oil sands industry. Rather in the midst of the collapse the Alberta government has elected to scavenge what is left of the industry's carcass with a 20% increased tax on their income (practically not a problem since few of them are making any money); a tripling of the "price" they pay for spewing carbon; along with a threat to increase the government's rental charges i.e. royalties. (both hugh problems that if put into full effect will send 100s of $billions in investment to other jurisdictions) In fairness we haven't heard what the federal government has in store for the industry but do know that they have already nixed one of the tidewater pipelines with a capricious decision to ban oil tanker traffic in northern B.C. waters thus thwarting and circumventing regulatory approval which had already been granted. Moreover, they have displayed only indifference and obsequious acceptance to Pres. Obama's nixing of the southern route; and perhaps most disturbingly, have shown little support for the two remaining prospects - Energy East and the expansion of Morgan Kinder. Yet, PMT will no doubt wonder why people in Alberta and Saskatchewan continue to mistrust the Liberal brand.

Here's Tim's law firm profile: http://www.spierharben.com/Spier_Harben_Law/Timothy_Boyle.html

Claude DeRoche posted:

Time for big oil to lay off TFW!

As hundreds of pipefitters and welders arrived at Husky Energy’s Sunrise project for their weeks-long shifts, a company spokesperson told the crew of approximately 270 this would be their last.Their replacements?An equal number of temporary foreign workers brought in by Saipem, a non-union Italian company specializing in oil and gas construction projects.Over the next 30 days, dozens of temporary foreign workers from Mexico, Ireland, Portugal and Italy were arriving at the site 60 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, waiting for turnover.By Sept. 27, the original workers —all contractors with Toronto-based Black & MacDonald— were gone.http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/.../canadian-employees...
Like · Reply · Dec 18, 2015 3:16pm

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
I am so so so loving glad my job is unionized and benefits enough from cheap gas to offset the business drop.

Rigger fucknuggets looking to take my job can get hosed.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BC has a strong robust economy due to all the growth being focused in the FIRE and construction sectors.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kreez posted:

Should have started a craft brewery instead, she could have put all the pinecones she wanted in her products with no obligation to list ingredients, let alone nutritional information. No pesky federal food safety inspections either!

You could do this except with beer, and it would be perfectly legal.

edit: as long as you put an ABV on the bottle of course. (No actual requirement that it be in any way accurate, as long as you aren't intending to sell it through government stores)
There's no difference for her ice cream. The article says straight out that it's only wholesaled stuff that needs to be labelled that strictly, the standards aren't as tight on product she sells out of her own store.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

misguided rage posted:

There's no difference for her ice cream. The article says straight out that it's only wholesaled stuff that needs to be labelled that strictly, the standards aren't as tight on product she sells out of her own store.

She's selling through supermarket chains now though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://globalnews.ca/news/2408894/downturn-in-alberta-economy-blamed-for-westjet-suspending-direct-flights-to-fort-mcmurray/

quote:

The low price of oil is being blamed for WestJet’s decision to quit flying non-stop between Kelowna and Fort McMurray.

The change will take effect on February 15, 2016.

According to the YLW website, the service has seen a significant decrease in passengers over the last year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ontario-to-lose-equalization-payments-as-albertas-economic-fortunes-fall/article27831080/

quote:

Ontario will shed its status as a poor cousin of Confederation in the coming years, not because its economic fortunes are rebounding, but because resource-rich Alberta is falling on hard times.

The federal government is expected to announce how much each province will receive in the fiscal year 2016-17 from transfer payment programs, which include equalization, before Finance Minister Bill Morneau meets with his provincial and territorial colleagues in Ottawa on Sunday evening.

The equalization program redistributes national income to help poorer provinces provide services comparable to those of their richer counterparts. But equalization experts say the formula for calculating the payments is slow to respond to changes, including volatile commodity prices, which will leave Alberta carrying a disproportionate burden when the numbers are announced this weekend.

Ontario began receiving equalization for the first time in 2009, a dramatic reversal of fortune for the country’s one-time economic powerhouse. It is now set to reclaim its status as a “have” province because the disparity between its economy and that of Alberta is shrinking.

http://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/12/18/news/sp-downgrades-alberta-credit-rating

quote:

U.S. bond rating giant Standard and Poor's knocked Alberta off its top-ranked AAA credit rating perch Friday, but Finance Minister Joe Ceci says he is sticking to the current spend-heavy economic growth plan.

Standard and Poor's announced it was downgrading Alberta's credit rating one level, to AA-plus, on concerns of weak budgetary performances and rising debt.

And it said the bleak outlook on energy prices has caused it to re-assess the province's growth prospects to average from above-average.

"Obviously we're disappointed by today's report," Ceci told reporters in a conference call.

"The steep drop in the price of oil is hitting Alberta hard, including our provincial finances. But we are committed to managing the oil price shock in a responsible and balanced fashion."

He said Alberta is still fundamentally strong, with the lowest overall tax regime in Canada. And he noted other credit evaluators such as Moody's and DBRS have not cut their top grade for the province.

Ceci said the reduced credit rating also won't hike borrowing costs as bond holders have already taken the volatility of the energy market into account.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If all the credit raters disappeared tomorrow no one would notice.

Utter rubbish.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Alberta is still fundamentally strong, with the lowest taxes in Canada. These low taxes will help Alberta pay back its loans by

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

eXXon posted:

Alberta is still fundamentally strong, with the lowest taxes in Canada. These low taxes will help Alberta pay back its loans by

lol

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/alberta-at-mounting-risk-of-something-even-worse/article27799540/

quote:

The housing market has taken it on the chin, too.

Home sales in Calgary fell about 28 per cent this year through November, and average prices 2.9 per cent. In November alone, prices were down more than 5 per cent from a year earlier, the Calgary Real Estate Board says.

In Edmonton, prices are up 1.5 per cent so far this year, but down 3.1 per cent in November alone from a year earlier, according to the local real estate board.

Those markets are also now threatened by new rules aimed at cooling down Vancouver and Toronto. As The Globe and Mail’s Tamsin McMahon reports, Ottawa is raising the minimum down payment to 10 per cent from 5 per cent on new government-insured mortgages for the portion of a property’s value between $500,000 and $1-million.

“These price categories represent fairly big chunks of activity in both markets,” RBC senior economist Robert Hogue said in a report on the changes, referring to Toronto and Vancouver.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't understand how real estate sale, finance and home construction isn't taking up the economic slack in Alberta. There must be some sort of second level dependency or externality that just wasn't accounted for, or something.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Baronjutter posted:

She's selling through supermarket chains now though.

I saw it for something like twelve bucks a pint at Rootcellar once. Even by local standards that's a lot for (admittedly pretty good) ice cream. I was surprised at the time that there wasn't much labelling on the product, either.

I hope she works something out, she always seemed very nice at the farmers market and I feel like most of the customers who want her really weird flavours just go to her directly anyway. I doubt the save on foods was ordering a lot of pine cone crunch to begin with.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wow I feel less bad buying those god drat $8 a pint coconut ice-creams.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

Wow I feel less bad buying those god drat $8 a pint coconut ice-creams.

See? Look at the intangible value her unlabeled ice cream is providing.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hahahaha $12 get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ocrumsprug posted:

I don't understand how real estate sale, finance and home construction isn't taking up the economic slack in Alberta. There must be some sort of second level dependency or externality that just wasn't accounted for, or something.

Alberta has a giant sucking sound right now as billions of dollars are removed from the economy.