Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

how old is this kid

like, can he not throw up by himself?

oh wait right, millennial
i don't think being a millennial has anything to do with his dad taking him to the bathroom. kid doesn't look older than 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

I hate this woman. Just dress professionally to interviews before you go bats hit insane on them.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

thanks for undermining legitimate social issues because you don't know how to loving dress professionally for an interview

yeah i'm sure you got turned down because you were wearing something too sexual and not because you look like you stumbled through a hot topic

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

An equivalent men's outfit would be like skinny jeans and a cardigan right? Like imagine showing up to interview for the DHS or NASA or Lockheed Martin in some poo poo you bought at PacSun, if I was the interviewer I'd be insulted.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

half of the interview is appearance

what a dumb millennial lmao

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

An equivalent men's outfit would be like skinny jeans and a cardigan right? Like imagine showing up to interview for the DHS or NASA or Lockheed Martin in some poo poo you bought at PacSun, if I was the interviewer I'd be insulted.

bright red skinny jeans with visible dick bulge

symbolic posted:

you will regret your words when she changes the world

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
Anytime I have nerves before an interview, I remember that people like her exist and it's an instant confidence booster.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kurtofan posted:

that's like a game of thrones toga.

His wife left him for Khal Drogo so I guess it makes sense

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

lol, the resume tells you the skills, but the interview verifies them and gives them a chance to show they're the kind of person who can follow a code style policy, document, and only commit their code when it compiles. Or in my case, gives them a chance to fake it til they make it. Clothing is speech, and red and black says "hack the Gibson and get me away from old people." OnShift is a senior care scheduling app. What the gently caress is this world coming to.

From their front page:

Goddamn, this (snake) person must be desperate. Fun fact: you don't change the world with UI, you just change what first-world people look at

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 21, 2015

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
The funniest bit about this was she was late to the interview as well.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

symbolic posted:

half of life is appearance. a normal person learns their lesson and moves on with life. I guess this dweeb is not gonna learn their lesson, ever.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You can't polish a turd.
Like putting lipstick on a pig.
you can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change it's still gonna stink

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mr. mephistopheles posted:

thanks for undermining legitimate social issues because you don't know how to loving dress professionally for an interview

yeah i'm sure you got turned down because you were wearing something too sexual and not because you look like you stumbled through a hot topic

What am I missing here? It's fine ffs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Darth123123 posted:

What am I missing here? It's fine ffs

Millennial spotted

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Yeah, I think that looks like an alright interview outfit, too, but I was born in 1984.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
that's...perfectly professional to my mind? it's what i see almost every white-collar-ish lady wearing. like i'm not sure what exactly she WAS supposed to wear. a suit? but man i have found people have an irrational dislike of women wearing suits, they are always questioning it and assuming they're playing dress-up for something

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

that's...perfectly professional to my mind? it's what i see almost every white-collar-ish lady wearing. like i'm not sure what exactly she WAS supposed to wear. a suit? but man i have found people have an irrational dislike of women wearing suits, they are always questioning it and assuming they're playing dress-up for something

where do you work? admission office for a community clown college?

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
She looks like a black sausage.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Justin Tyme posted:

she didn't apply to the DHS or NASA or Lockheed Martin, she applied to an app company, where people dress like this every day

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

shhh, shhh, you're disrupting the bandwagon

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Don Tacorleone posted:

Millennial spotted

I'm actually over 50, and work for a multinational defense contractor. But in the civilian IT services side. Does that make my opinion more or less valid?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

She looks like a black sausage.

Would give my sausage

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

I'm actually over 50, and work for a multinational defense contractor. But in the civilian IT services side. Does that make my opinion more or less valid?

Invalid, because you work in IT.

That is not a good outfit for an interview. It isn't a bad choice, but it is a far cry from professional.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

waitwhatno posted:

i'm so very much conflicted right now. I don't want to be the modern version of a 1950s geezer being confused, frightened and outraged by jeans, "rock music" and long hair. but then again:

what the gently caress?

"I paid five grand for this rug, I'm gonna make damned sure people see it!"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Her FB is public, that post is no where on it.
But there are pics of her and I bet you she wore the nose ring too that she dons.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i thought it was without saying that regardless of age, most celebrities are millennials by nature

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

satanic splash-back posted:

Invalid, because you work in IT.

That is not a good outfit for an interview. It isn't a bad choice, but it is a far cry from professional.

Really? Because if she wore that clubbing I'd lmao. What's an acceptable outfit? I'm not a janitor btw.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Darth123123 posted:

Send me a free drone please. Or taser. kthx.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Darth123123 posted:

Depends, can you tell me which retail drone can most easily carry a hand grenade?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

happyhippy posted:

Her FB is public, that post is no where on it.
But there are pics of her and I bet you she wore the nose ring too that she dons.

That would answer all questions I had. Thanks for coming in! We'll be in touch.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

that's totally not what I was picturing honestly, especially "red skater skirt". she looks fine imo

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

Really? Because if she wore that clubbing I'd lmao. What's an acceptable outfit? I'm not a janitor btw.

If you would wear your outfit clubbing, it is not an interview outfit.

Why is that difficult to understand?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

no kidding. who knows if the story is true; the response here is enough to show it may as well be.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

What's an acceptable outfit?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
a red wool felt skirt, how edgy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

waitwhatno posted:

where do you work? admission office for a community clown college?

Ugh her purse doesn't match the shoes!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

but nobody would wear that clubbing, lol. wtf?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

oh unless you would. lol.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Not enough Doctor Who or Epic Adventure Time logos on her clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

That's not a clubbing outfit. You go to poo poo bars, sorry.

• Locked thread