Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

cursedshitbox posted:

FWIW Pissboy, Some people make it pretty drat far in life without a degree. ;)

I don't have a degree either dude. Wasn't attacking you.

Jeherrin posted:

I know this pain.

Also, you seem to be making all the right moves, and that's great. Keep doing that thing.

Thanks man. Applied to like 10 jobs this morning so far. Even applied to the same job I just hosed myself out of since the manager told me to do so.

Also took all my poo poo outta the living room here and set it up in my bedroom so there will be no chance of getting weedsmoke in my system until I move out. Having 2 TVs in your room is pretty dope too. Now I can play video games AND watch TV at once, lol.

Heading over to my parents' house soon for my dad's birthday. Holy poo poo I just realized he turned 60. Only 5 more years until he can finally retire! Hope he likes the 1:18 scale diecast of a 1979 Trans Am with a display case I got him. He used to own a '78 when he was my age.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Please send help, I've been dragged to the mall 5 days before Christmas.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

Please send help, I've been dragged to the mall 5 days before Christmas.

I just got back from the mall. Horror everywhere.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I just got back from the mall. Horror everywhere.

Even though i clawed my way out, my head still rings with a thousand softly spoken "sorry"s.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ozmiander posted:

Even though i clawed my way out, my head still rings with a thousand softly spoken "sorry"s.

At one point I got stuck between two women who wanted to both be in the spot I was, so I had to apologize to each in turn and then ask them to back down, and then they would apologize to me but the other one would pre-emptively apologize to me about it and back off, and then I would apologize to them for feeling bad and then

It was like one of those parking lot puzzle games but you have to pretend to be happy about it the entire time.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

There is a Subaru forester, new miata and what appears to be a v6 challenger sitting here. Provided they have keys, which do I take to escape from here?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Forester. The other two are as fast and have terrible blind spots. Assuming it's a hardtop miata. And those V6 challengers are really sad when you whomp the pedal.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Elmnt80 posted:

There is a Subaru forester, new miata and what appears to be a v6 challenger sitting here. Provided they have keys, which do I take to escape from here?
I'd take the Miata but that's because I haven't had a chance to drive the new one yet.

Took Dad's E30 M3 out for a spin before he parks it for the winter. Now he's trying to talk me into buying a M3 instead of a regular E30 race car, he's the best bad influence.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 20, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

some texas redneck posted:

but who the gently caress tries to burn down a church?

Very lost Swedish black metal fans

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lol one of my best friends just did a 5 year bid for burning down a church. :downs:

My pops loved the 1/18 Trans Am diecast I got him. Ironically he was trying to find me a diecast Genesis for Christmas but they don't make one in black.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Lol one of my best friends just did a 5 year bid for burning down a church. :downs:

You really need better friends, Ricco :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Cakefool posted:

It would have been nice to have her over too but she's training to become a paediatric oncologist whilst being a full time pediatrician, so she needed sleep.

I have to be honest I would literally kill myself doing that job. I don't like bad things happening to kids. :(

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CharlesM posted:

I have to be honest I would literally kill myself doing that job. I don't like bad things happening to kids. :(

Yea. I volunteer at fund raisers for Phoenix Children's Hospital, and give them money, but I can't do volunteer work with the actual kids because I can't deal with it. I'm glad there are lots of people in the world who are both good at that stuff, and somehow have the mental fortitude to deal with it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well, found out that the DVR system itself was destroyed (it was in one of the worst-damaged rooms), but the hard drive was still intact and functional, so they have video.

Wound up being a runaway kid who's pretty well known to the police, and the same kid who's broken in a few times. If he was an adult he'd probably be going away for a few years, but apparently he's only 14 (and no stranger to the legal system).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

rear end in a top hat cat chat: went to visit the grandparents for the weekend, came home and the jerk got the fridge open. Also, I'm sick, so I can't tell if anything's bad by smelling it. :argh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

star wars

that is all

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Wife dodged 2 vehicular homicide attempts and 3 no look back out accidents in the same parking lot today.
She regaled me with this story before I went the the hardware store warning me, "Be careful, they are f***ing insane today!"

I have a feeling the grocery store is the locus of insanity on Sunday.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I had to go get some necessities from the store today (like soap and food), and I got it all done by 11 am. I'm glad I did.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Two Good Drinks:

1. In a Collins glass, add 1 shot each of tequila and lime, add a generous dash of simple syrup, some ice, and top off the glass with tonic water.

2. In a Collins glass with ice, add a shot or two of tequila, then fill the glass halfway with mango puree (we got it at the mixers section). Sprinkle in a bit of chipotle powder. Top off with tonic and stir. This tastes just like that Mexican chili-mango candy.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Deeters posted:

I had to go get some necessities from the store today (like soap and food), and I got it all done by 11 am. I'm glad I did.

I braved Wal-Mart so that I could do an oil change on mom's car (because gently caress parts store prices for oil and filters).

It was a madhouse in terms of parking, but somehow the lines were actually short. Only 2 people ahead of me when I got in the express line. :stare:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

literally a fish posted:

At the time he got mixed up with these two scum bags heroin addicts and started hanging out with them more and more. He's a totally different now and I still consider him one of my best friends.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

some texas redneck posted:

I braved Wal-Mart so that I could do an oil change on mom's car (because gently caress parts store prices for oil and filters).

It was a madhouse in terms of parking, but somehow the lines were actually short. Only 2 people ahead of me when I got in the express line. :stare:
Use the automotive entrance around back. Oils right there plus theres always a register. If you have an lube & tire walmart.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I've tried that before, but more often than not there's not a cashier back there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

literally a fish posted:

Ha-HA! Ricco is the new Rhyno!

Also while Star Wars the Force Awakens was great, it's still only the 3rd best SW movie and has plot holes big enough to fly the Death Star through.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Ha-HA! Ricco is the new Rhyno!

Shut up milhouse.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Rhyno posted:

Also while Star Wars the Force Awakens was great, it's still only the 3rd best SW movie and has plot holes big enough to fly the Death Star through.

So from best to worst: 5,4,7 ? Then 6,3,2,1 ?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sandbagger SA posted:

So from best to worst: 5,4,7 ? Then 6,3,2,1 ?

A New Hope is a loving mess dude. Easily the worst of the original trilogy.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I give it a lot of passes for being the first of the franchise.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

A New Hope is a loving mess dude. Easily the worst of the original trilogy.

It really is, but:

Sandbagger SA posted:

Finally got tickets to go see it Wednesday night. Hopefully will manage to avoid spoilers until then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sandbagger SA posted:

So do I. It's still a mess.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Return of the Jedi is a loving mess dude. Easily the worst of the original trilogy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It has it's problems but it's nowhere near as bad as ANH. Nearly every scene in Ep4 has something cringe worthy.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

It has it's problems but it's nowhere near as bad as ANH. Nearly every scene in Ep4 has something cringe worthy.

No way, ANH is a pretty solid story that stands completely on its own. I also felt like it made the Force and the whole universe in general much more interesting and wild. Watch ANH in isolation and Jedi seem more like ronin than monks, which is reason enough to put it at #1 in my books... Followed closely by ESB of course.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Rented a car to drive up to Oregon for Christmas. ODOT has chains required signs up for the pass on I5, and I am not sure what I should do. Spend the extra hours on Tuesday driving up the coast from Sacramento? Buy chains somewhere and return them when I come back down because I probably won't use them? Thought about Les Schwab and their returns but apparently you can only return them in April according to many angry reviews online and the closest to me is in Bakersfield, a town I will be avoiding. Walmart? Costco? I'm driving up I5 from Sac but 99 up to Sacramento. Unless I take the coast from Sacramento...

So, any suggestions for a place I can buy chains and return them if need be 11 days later?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also, the new Star Wars was okay. Not pant-off-amazing, but okay and I think it will be a good start for a e new generation to enjoy Star Wars.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Bought computer parts today then immediately thought man that coulda been car parts

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Amazon will refund a prorated amount if you cancel your prime membership. I never really watched any of their TV shows but I mostly cancelled because it seemed like nothing I ever ordered was even eligible for the prime shipping.

A nice surprise 40bux.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Pham Nuwen posted:

No way, ANH is a pretty solid story that stands completely on its own. I also felt like it made the Force and the whole universe in general much more interesting and wild. Watch ANH in isolation and Jedi seem more like ronin than monks, which is reason enough to put it at #1 in my books... Followed closely by ESB of course.

None of this post makes any sense. Was ep4 not your first star wars film or something? I just watched it again yesterday and it really hasn't aged well. The dialogue and acting are particularly bad

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

El Jebus posted:

Rented a car to drive up to Oregon for Christmas. ODOT has chains required signs up for the pass on I5, and I am not sure what I should do. Spend the extra hours on Tuesday driving up the coast from Sacramento? Buy chains somewhere and return them when I come back down because I probably won't use them? Thought about Les Schwab and their returns but apparently you can only return them in April according to many angry reviews online and the closest to me is in Bakersfield, a town I will be avoiding. Walmart? Costco? I'm driving up I5 from Sac but 99 up to Sacramento. Unless I take the coast from Sacramento...

So, any suggestions for a place I can buy chains and return them if need be 11 days later?

Basic chains are only $30-$40, no? I'd hit a Walmart for the cheapest option. They should take the return as well.

Oh, and if you do have to use them, do yourself a favor and just take the whole wheel off to install. You'll end up saving half an hour or so. Doing it on the car is such a mess and most of the time they don't stay. And if they come off while driving they flail all the paint off the quarter panel. Not good for a rental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

corn in the fridge posted:

None of this post makes any sense. Was ep4 not your first star wars film or something? I just watched it again yesterday and it really hasn't aged well. The dialogue and acting are particularly bad

It's 38 years old. Compare it to it's contemporaries and it's standing up incredibly well, let alone things like music and cinamatograpy are still examples of how to do it properly. No denyig the dialogue is crap, Harrison Ford said it back in 1976 Lucas cant write dialogue for crap. But that's not what A New Hope has remarkable for it ad it never did. Familiarity can breed contempt, it's hard to remember that ANH invented a lot of the special effects used and of course 38 years will see imrpovements. But when you think it's from 1976 / 1977, then really it's a stunnig audio / visual feast and always has been.

quote:

Whut. Oh come on, that's beig silly.

• Locked thread