Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dual Monarchy posted:

Thanks for the invite Im_Special! I'm so excited for this game, especially seeing as the requirements aren't going to be too taxing on my 2 year old build.
Can't wait to clock hundreds of hours on Steam as well as PS3. :allears:

Is anyone attached enough to their old Arisen to remake them on PC? I don't think I can let go of my huge Amazonian warrior woman.

I made like a dozen Arisens on PS3 already so no.

Thinking of doing some sort of cosplay thing with my Arisen and Pawn, since the character creator is really good for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
No magic run. No magic for myself, or the pawns. Just honorable soldiers with bow and sword walking lockstep into their doom.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I am wondering if my PC will be able to run the game in medium - high settings because my graphics card is pretty bad. Its an old Radeon HD 6570, which if I understand those google results correctly is weaker than the minimum required HD 5870. My processor (i5 3450 4x3.1 GHZ) and 8 GB ram are above the minimum, will that balance out the weakness of my GPU or do computers not work that way? Right now I can play stuff like Skyrim and Farcry 3 on medium - highish.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I mean they apparently got it running at 720p30-ish with a laptop with an Intel card with all the settings set to Low (which will still probably be better than the console versions) so you're probably good.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Are there any preorder bonuses? I'd assume probably not but you never know.

I ended up taking my sorcerer down into Bitterblack and it was actually really fun, but I think I might do it as a Fighter. Hm.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

Are there any preorder bonuses? I'd assume probably not but you never know.

I ended up taking my sorcerer down into Bitterblack and it was actually really fun, but I think I might do it as a Fighter. Hm.
there's the 300+ page design works art book, and a soundtrack of 53 songs

details on: http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500 and via the community manager's faq: https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Im_Special posted:

Just post or PM me your Steam Profile for an invite, or just poke me on Steam.
Where did you get that Ys wallpaper?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Bitterblack is incredibly fun as a fighter or warrior. Just remember that you do not have to deal with every single encounter or kill every single NPC. Skip those that are either too difficult, or just too much of a pain (lich/wights).

They can be slow going compared to other classes, but there's something really satisfying about going toe-to-toe, especially if you are not very familiar with the dungeon yet.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Dual Monarchy posted:

Is anyone attached enough to their old Arisen to remake them on PC? I don't think I can let go of my huge Amazonian warrior woman.

Yeah, most likely. The death of my original PS3 destroyed my Assassin's save file before I could play Dark Arisen, so I've already re-created him from scratch once. I'm really attached to him! And also to being a giant stealth rear end in a top hat with a bow. :shobon:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kiggles posted:

Bitterblack is incredibly fun as a fighter or warrior. Just remember that you do not have to deal with every single encounter or kill every single NPC. Skip those that are either too difficult, or just too much of a pain (lich/wights).

They can be slow going compared to other classes, but there's something really satisfying about going toe-to-toe, especially if you are not very familiar with the dungeon yet.

I've soloed the first half of it on my Fighter, but there were a few encounters that were really obnoxious and also I didn't want to farm healing items and poo poo. If they mod in a second set of actions then I'd probably play Warrior.

New DD means new Ur-Dragon, right? I need to get to Everfall quickly so I can get in there and get an online kill. I have the Abyssinal Set on my assassin on xbox but that won't carry over.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mad Dragon posted:

Where did you get that Ys wallpaper?

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/207320-The%20Beginning

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dual Monarchy posted:

yes op

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dual Monarchy posted:

I'm going to build a Sweetheart from the Ground Up

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

community manager's dropped some more info:
- the art book is pre-order exclusive, soundtrack will go on sale afterwards
- pre-load will be available within a week from release, they haven't locked down a date yet

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I just want to pop in here to say that Dragon's Dogma was probably one of the games I had the most fun playing for the Xbox 360. Grigori is one of the best boss fights ever. I won't be getting the PC version because it will probably murder my Macbook, but I kind of want to play it again so I might dig out the disk. Strider supremacy.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Dragon's Dogma is my most played game on my 360,. Hell I enjoy it so much that I'm going to buy it a third time, on PC this time around.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I realized that this is the same thread from like 2 years ago and went through my post history for a walk down memory lane.

Implicate is really good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

randombattle posted:

Dragon's Dogma has one theme and it isn't playable on a cello. :colbert:

e: has the mystery of wtf a dangan is ever been solved?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Wafflz posted:

You.

You are the dangan.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The dangan was in us all along.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ramc posted:

You.

You are the dangan.

Well I'm glad that's settled.

Trying to decide if I am going to go the min max route and juggle rear end/sorc while leveling or just play for fun since stats don't really matter all that much. I hope we can easily copy saves into a separate folder so we can have more than one arisen since you can't just create 5 psn accounts this time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Isn't Dangan japanese for bullet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wafflz posted:

Simple as 1, 2, 3: It's written in the sand.

We are the dangan.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Is always a fan of the strider-type classes because their skills made me feel like I was playing Devil May Cry: This Party's Wrecking My Aught.

Can't wait to do it again.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Weird the community manager mentioned a feature that hasn't been hinted at or mentioned before:

Community Manager posted:

Content wise, the port team stuffed everything else they possibly can into the base game plus some extra features fans had asked for. That includes new Achievements for high level players (most are post game & BBI-related), customizable item hot keys, graphics and performance enhancements, and other nice-to-have nips and tucks that greatly improves the overall Dragon's Dogma experience.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wafflz posted:

Well I'm glad that's settled.

Trying to decide if I am going to go the min max route and juggle rear end/sorc while leveling or just play for fun since stats don't really matter all that much. I hope we can easily copy saves into a separate folder so we can have more than one arisen since you can't just create 5 psn accounts this time.

They said you can move the save around in the files but it will cause synchronization issues for your online pawn, probably when someone who rented out pawn A dismisses him but the servers find out you are now on save B when it tries to give rift crystals to you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Weird the community manager mentioned a feature that hasn't been hinted at or mentioned before:
That's awesome. Having to pause to use healing items in the middle of combat was pretty annoying.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I'd guess that's for the people who play with KB/M, putting items in the numbers.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I'm going to play with a controller, but i'm binding healing items/ferrystones to numbers so I can smack my keyboard to travel to gran soren

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Adnor posted:

I'd guess that's for the people who play with KB/M, putting items in the numbers.
Yes but they never confirmed it until now:

quote:

Affirmative! Glad someone finally noticed it from the MEGA video. The very first part of the footage shows Savan taking out the lantern without the menu pop-up. My lantern on/off toggle is bound to NUM1. NUM2 and NUM3 has some healing and stamina regen items, NUM4 assigned to Eternal Ferrystone. NUM5 unused at the moment.

So yes, you can customize and assign various items to keys 1 ~ 5. Very handly especially in the heat of combat.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wow that's exactly what I wanted and might make me go mouse and keyboard over controller. But why only 5 if they already went the extra distance to implement it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wow that's exactly what I wanted and might make me go mouse and keyboard over controller. But why only 5 if they already went the extra distance to implement it.

Probably a balance thing or some such, I would imagine. Five extra slots gives you more wiggle room, but you still have to think about what items to prepare instead of having everything in your pocket available with a button press, maybe?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Toggling the lantern is really the best news I've heard about this game.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Just got my GMG key. :woop:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm not really reading the Steam forum for it, but how will skills function on PC? Numbers 1-6? Hold button press number?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

Probably a balance thing or some such, I would imagine. Five extra slots gives you more wiggle room, but you still have to think about what items to prepare instead of having everything in your pocket available with a button press, maybe?

You can already use items instantly because you select them from the menu while the game is paused, so hotkeys are purely a convenience thing which would let you use items without having to stop the game. Because of that it's weird not to have more hotkeys after they already bothered to implement it. But maybe they'll add more than 5.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You can already use items instantly because you select them from the menu while the game is paused, so hotkeys are purely a convenience thing which would let you use items without having to stop the game. Because of that it's weird not to have more hotkeys after they already bothered to implement it. But maybe they'll add more than 5.

That's a good point, I hadn't played the game in like a year so I forgot about that system. That does make it a little odd.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
They should have made it like Dark Souls, you can pause, but poo poo ain't waiting for you.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Ramc posted:

I realized that this is the same thread from like 2 years ago and went through my post history for a walk down memory lane.

Implicate is really good.

This made me do the same and I now realize I forgot the name of my pawn and was calling him Snivers and not Jivers.

God drat I loved that little guy. Feel bad I don't have any screenshots of him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I looked up how to save/transfer screenshots on console and it looked like a hassle, and so I am most excited for PC because it means I can show everybody screenshots of my arisen in mid-backflip on fire on top of a giant angry gorilla-demon.

• Locked thread