Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For December I oath one Chaos Marine Hellbrute by GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath six Ork Barricades by GW

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
December oath complete! Claiming the technical jurnal challenge since almost everything here was done with a red pallet and theme for the month. I know its early but I am only going to be around another weekish until its off to Wisconsin for the holidays and the rest of December.

I am very happy with how the Type V Demon came out. Looks even better in person. First time painting zombies and I am more or less happy with them. At about the quality level I was trying to achieve with them.

Group shot!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for December some Dropzone Commander PHR infantry
That's four Siren squads, four Valkyrie squads and four Immortal Longreach teams.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following models
Three Infinity Nomads, Corvus Belli, 28mm

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath 40x Blade Demons, 40x Cyclopean Demons (Microworld Games, 6mm) and 60+ (1 blister) Sub-Saharan Irregular Infantrymen #1 (GHQ Miniatures, 6mm)

It looks like the companies' figure counts could be approximations, but I'm going to do what's in these packages.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
FYI just wrote both Hawk Games and KR today with a thanks for the prize support since I just placed orders with both of them. Glad this thread is encourage me to churn through the painting, but I think rather than reducing my backlog I am picking up more and more stuff to paint as I find more things I want to paint along with the old, and now have a whole new game in Dropzone Commander to start painting for. I am going to have to be entombed in miniatures. The foundation can be made from 3 kickstarters worth of Bones.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
Oath complete!

One small army of Early Bedouins! Easiest army I've ever painted. Very few colours or details made it a breeze to paint. The camp was included in the picture because every army should have one, but it was made earlier for another army and not part of the oath. I didn't do any challenge, these dudes predate christmas.

This was faster than I expected. What the hell do I do now until next month?

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

R.S. Gumby posted:

Oath complete!

One small army of Early Bedouins! Easiest army I've ever painted. Very few colours or details made it a breeze to paint. The camp was included in the picture because every army should have one, but it was made earlier for another army and not part of the oath. I didn't do any challenge, these dudes predate christmas.

This was faster than I expected. What the hell do I do now until next month?

Well, you can always do an oath addition; as long as you finish the addition before the deadline, it'll count for the month! (I missed your initial post; are these Bedouins for a particular game? Nice work!)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE

The Christmassy theme is all the red on the barricades and the ample amounts of snow. Ork is shown purely for scale.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Well, you can always do an oath addition; as long as you finish the addition before the deadline, it'll count for the month! (I missed your initial post; are these Bedouins for a particular game? Nice work!)

Nah, with the holidays coming it's probably good to have it done early. I'll paint something random til next month rolls around.
Yes, the Bedouins are for a game called DBA, a very simple small scale wargame covering pretty much any historical army up until the gunpowder age. You play with 12 stands, but an army can be larger if they have optional troops to choose from. This army doesn't, so it's a complete army.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Slightly painful time of it this month, but managed to get a decent standard out, and without dipping below a no. 1 brush too! No Jurnal, as I'm sticking with the existing scheme I'm using for my PHR.

Thankfully, I've only got four more bases to do, and then I'll have painted pretty much all the PHR infantry I'll ever need.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
drat, I need to start painting if I want to finish anything this month.
For December, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Marauder Commando Captain. From Mantic.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Whoops, half the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Also I took these pictures yesterday and forgot to upload them. Double whoops.

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of December, oath five Terminators from Space Hulk, a Chapter Master and five Death Cult Assassins. 28mm GW.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
For December I oath 5 Chaos Warhounds by GW

Germ
May 7, 2013

The month only half over, and almost done painting? Unacceptable!

OATH ADDITION!

I Germ, add this Eldar Lynx by Forge World, 28mm, to my December oath.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 2 Ork Kannons 28mm GW:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Raphus C posted:

I, UROBOROS, oath Sergeant Chronus for the month of Dec.

At the moment this guy is actually finished and had I been paying attention I could've taken another picture and claimed the speed prize for finishing him in under 24 hours but oh well. Finished him along side my most recent squad of new Ultras, will post mad pics tomorrow from the tournament.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I Arson Fire oath to paint four zombies in the month of december (from Zombicide Black Plague. CoolMiniOrNot, 28mm)

I've just received over 60 zombies with this game, and now I have to try and get them all painted before The Rest arrive in a few months. Time for my first batch...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath addition!

2x Temple Dogs by Ainsty Castings, 28mm scale.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of December, two Objective sets (One Riddler Puzzle, Loot, Ammo Crate and Titan Canister in each) and one pack of Safe Boxes (two models in the MDF pack) all for the Batman Miniature Game by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

OATH COMPLETE!

I've been messing with acrylic medium on these guys and I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. They get much glossier, that's for sure.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint ten Ghouls by Mantic

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1x Hestra Nostrollo, the Herald of Blood; 2x Zeti War Dancers. Wrath of Kings models made by Cool Mini or Not. 32mm truescale. 30mm bases.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete! With red dead December bonus schtuff

The lady puncher is somewhat inspired by Blue Mary from King of Fighters. Man her flesh looks flat...
The big guy was interesting to paint... I wanted to try a big guy like this without washes. Turned out not bad.
I use a couple shades of red feathered over each other for my tyranids, and it looks pretty good for little effort! The skin uses a pretty messy drbrush for a highlight, but seeing as I have 25 more of them to paint for a single unit of them I'm not too concerned.

I may take a few more pictures of the big guy since he turned out good and my camera really didn't focus on him. He is also the last model I needed to paint for a Relic Knights Tournament coming at Adepticon! Thanks for the motivation, oath thread!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

I did the technical challenge this month.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

I haven't painted much aside from awful high contrast space bugs recently, so this was new to me. Only 61 zombies to go! :suicide:
(I learnt a lot painting these, so the rest shouldn't take too long really)

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Some better than others - one of my focal point markers just looks rubbish, but the other three look good.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 22, 2015

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
How would this thread take to painting over a prepainted mini, just by the by. Wanna paint me some wangs.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

thespaceinvader posted:

How would this thread take to painting over a prepainted mini, just by the by. Wanna paint me some wangs.

Repainted wangs look cool and people should post more of them.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

I painted one carriage red, there is shading and highlighting but I take bad pictures so struggle to find it amongst the pixels:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, return from the wilderness to oath for December

1x Vending Machine, 1x 1" barrier, and 1x 3" barrier, all by Underground Lasers (28mm)

Quick colour test by hand, before I prime and block the whole bloody lot of MDF in January with my airbrush.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Complete!

*linked for big & painfully closeup DSLR shot*

I moved my lamp so I had to use the flash on the D300.
Theme/Challenge: Red coat on the Leader. I was happy with the way my red came out. (Mechrite Red -base > Carroburg Crimson -shade > P3 Skorne Red -layer > Blood Red -highlight)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I have been slipping...I apologize!

Signal posted:

Oath!
Two Tiger Soldiers, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Grey Hunter posted:

Right, deep breath time.....

I, Grey hunter, do hereby oath for this last month of this year -
12 Scourge Evicerators,
2 Eagle Gunships,
2 Raven B Dropships,
All Hawk Wargames, 10mm.

1 Timecast bridge
4 scratch built focal point markers, maybe including all the other random stuff, plus some barbed wire.

I may not use all the infantry, but I'll include them here for completion.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Death Marshal, Guild faction of Malifaux by Wyrd Games!

Felime posted:

I, Felime, Hereby oath one Fire Giant Bodyguard from Reaper, one Kovnik Malakov from Privateer Press, and one Wasteland Warrior from Dark Age.

it's my first oath so I better not gently caress this up.
You'll do fine! :)

counterspin posted:

Time to close out the year with a big batch. I counterspin, oath Xerxis 1, 6 Incediari, and a modified Titan Sentry

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of December, two Objective sets (One Riddler Puzzle, Loot, Ammo Crate and Titan Canister in each) and one pack of Safe Boxes (two models in the MDF pack) all for the Batman Miniature Game by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2015:
8 Dwarfs from OathSworn Miniatures
2 Metalbeard Warriors from Titan Forge
6 Treasure Markers, 5 from Ristul's Market and 1 from Reaper Bones
1 Space Hulk Terminator from GW

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition, one 25mm Type V Demon by Fractured Dimensions.

Galaspar posted:

For December I oath one Chaos Marine Hellbrute by GW

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath six Ork Barricades by GW

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for December some Dropzone Commander PHR infantry
That's four Siren squads, four Valkyrie squads and four Immortal Longreach teams.

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following models
Three Infinity Nomads, Corvus Belli, 28mm

moths posted:

I, moths, oath 40x Blade Demons, 40x Cyclopean Demons (Microworld Games, 6mm) and 60+ (1 blister) Sub-Saharan Irregular Infantrymen #1 (GHQ Miniatures, 6mm)

It looks like the companies' figure counts could be approximations, but I'm going to do what's in these packages.

Electric Hobo posted:

drat, I need to start painting if I want to finish anything this month.
For December, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Marauder Commando Captain. From Mantic.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Whoops, half the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Also I took these pictures yesterday and forgot to upload them. Double whoops.

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of December, oath five Terminators from Space Hulk, a Chapter Master and five Death Cult Assassins. 28mm GW.

Indolent Bastard posted:

For December I oath 5 Chaos Warhounds by GW

Germ posted:

The month only half over, and almost done painting? Unacceptable!

OATH ADDITION!

I Germ, add this Eldar Lynx by Forge World, 28mm, to my December oath.

Raphus C posted:

Uroboros posted:

I, UROBOROS, oath Sergeant Chronus for the month of Dec.

At the moment this guy is actually finished and had I been paying attention I could've taken another picture and claimed the speed prize for finishing him in under 24 hours but oh well. Finished him along side my most recent squad of new Ultras, will post mad pics tomorrow from the tournament.

Arson Fire posted:

I Arson Fire oath to paint four zombies in the month of december (from Zombicide Black Plague. CoolMiniOrNot, 28mm)

I've just received over 60 zombies with this game, and now I have to try and get them all painted before The Rest arrive in a few months. Time for my first batch...

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

2x Temple Dogs by Ainsty Castings, 28mm scale.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint ten Ghouls by Mantic

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 1x Hestra Nostrollo, the Herald of Blood; 2x Zeti War Dancers. Wrath of Kings models made by Cool Mini or Not. 32mm truescale. 30mm bases.

thespaceinvader posted:

Totally fine! Just prime them or strip them as per the rules and you're all set!

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, return from the wilderness to oath for December

1x Vending Machine, 1x 1" barrier, and 1x 3" barrier, all by Underground Lasers (28mm)

Quick colour test by hand, before I prime and block the whole bloody lot of MDF in January with my airbrush.
Everyone is approved! OATHS ACCEPTED!

I realize I've been slipping lately, just been busy, then away, then sick then busy again. I will get back up to speed during the holiday time but I'll just throw this out there - if anyone wants to take over operations you're welcome to it. My motivation isn't gone for getting people to paint, but I recognize that my free time has been taken up quite a bit so if there's anyone who wants to take charge for the next Oath Thread let me know! My email as always is krushgroove169 at gmail.com

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Missing an oath? Points? Have a question about scoring? Please send me a pm or drop a message here in the thread and I can make sure everything is up to date! After the holiday rush we'll have some monthly prizes to be drawn soon, so keep up the good work.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

A band of Dwarf adventurers, seeking treasure in the ruined city of Frostgrave.

Some clanking medium constructs to support them.

Treasure ahoy, plus a bonus mimic I felt like painting (not part of the oath). These are treasure markers for Frostgrave, so I rolled a 6.

Plus a random Space Hulk Terminator, for the Jurnal. Pretty happy with how this guy turned out and hoping to get his mates done to the same standard.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Some clanking medium constructs to support them.

Looking good, fellow Metal beard kickstarter!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I, JackMann, hereby oath for the month December a Darksword Female Vyrkyl.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Oath Complete!

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, hereby oath for the month December a Darksword Female Vyrkyl.

Did the technical challenge with red cloak and armor trim. Pretty sure this also counts as a speedpaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!!! :siren:

I’m claiming all of the red for the Journal. Man, but that Lynx was a delight to paint. Forge World models are really a treat. The weapons on the Lynx are magnetized, and I have a sonic lance to be able to sub in (not that I’d take it outside of an Apocalypse game). Still sticking with the “3 colors only” and I’m liking how it’s turning out.

The Lynx:

The Hornets:

The Venom:

• Locked thread