Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

PCOS Bill posted:

Do today's youth even know who Alf is?

Is he back in pog form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Is he back in pog form?

That reference is now itself 20 years old.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

melon cat posted:

I was considering this exact same sweater for myself since I have a long, cold walk to the office. How long has the battery lasted on a single charge with this sweater?

I don't actually have it yet (should be delivered today actually), but when I was doing a little research into the quality I read that you can get about 6 hours of heat on the lowest setting on a single charge. I also read that the battery charges pretty quickly so you never have to go without for very long. If you buy one between now and the end of February and submit your proof of purchase using the rebate form (link) you can get a free extra battery so you don't ever have to be cold again :)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I don't want to be a downer guys, A coworker bought one of those silly plug in coats and honestly it is no warmer, but is a whole lot heavier, than a decent rei/ems insulated puffy jacket.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

awww, Bugger.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

bongwizzard posted:

I don't want to be a downer guys, A coworker bought one of those silly plug in coats and honestly it is no warmer, but is a whole lot heavier, than a decent rei/ems insulated puffy jacket.

But a puffy jacket offers little mobility, which is also of concern in many work environments and liquor stores.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Kaizoku posted:

But a puffy jacket offers little mobility, which is also of concern in many work environments and liquor stores.

My puffy jacket isn't very puffy, modern insulation is amazing stuff. Also I think george was wearing a parka not a normal jacket.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Whether you need insulation or additional heat depends a lot on the person.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
If you really want to be warm, step up to neoprene hoodies.

I am also now slightly more buoyant.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Down is still the best insulator we have.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bought a bunch of random poo poo for Xmas, including a Pitendo for my brother and his wife. They'd been thinking of messing with a raspberry pi for a bit, and the case is adorable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every winter I buy one (1) eggnog latte and every winter I am reminded that they taste like a warm milk shart.

I am also going to buy my dad a bunch of weed, a pipe and a box because I found out that he and his wife smoke every day.

Also, purchased beta access to Blade & Soul only to find out that there was only one weekend left and now I have to wait a month for release.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

bongwizzard posted:

If you really want to be warm, step up to neoprene hoodies.

I am also now slightly more buoyant.

That's not a step up.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Also, purchased beta access to Blade & Soul only to find out that there was only one weekend left and now I have to wait a month for release.

I can't laugh too hard since I bought alpha access for ArcheAge but they should have just called that T&A

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Bought more plastic string to make toys and poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I was in need of a winter jacket last year and for whatever reason decided to go to a military surplus store. The guy asked me what I was looking for and I told him what I needed, he smiled took me to a corner of the store and showed me the jacket that the canadian arctic runway crew use. The thing is ugly as sin and bulky as gently caress but god drat I've never been cold in that loving jacket, It'll be -15C out and I can wear just a tshirt under that thing with no issues.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

1500quidporsche posted:

I was in need of a winter jacket last year and for whatever reason decided to go to a military surplus store. The guy asked me what I was looking for and I told him what I needed, he smiled took me to a corner of the store and showed me the jacket that the canadian arctic runway crew use. The thing is ugly as sin and bulky as gently caress but god drat I've never been cold in that loving jacket, It'll be -15C out and I can wear just a tshirt under that thing with no issues.

Well what's it look like dude

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PCOS Bill posted:

I can't laugh too hard since I bought alpha access for ArcheAge but they should have just called that T&A

Sup, bad choices buddy.
I almost dropped money on PedoSperg Simulator but once I saw the immediate nerd meltdowns I stayed faaaaar away.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rad Lieutenant posted:

This:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rad Lieutenant posted:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Not bad...

Better.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Toast Museum posted:

Pants. Originally priced $70, stacked discounts brought them down to $9 with free shipping. Not many left, but here's a link.

Homer Simpson alt spotted

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lol my dick has more insulation than that

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Warm jacket real talk:

Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer. Warmest thing I've ever owned, I've had it for a year now and it's shrugged off a lot of abuse, except an oil stain from a loving dirty boat bumper that I couldn't wash out. It's like wearing an invisible bubble of heated air. Lighter than a bar of soap, packs to the size of a can of beer. Looks dumb, but throw a shell over it, who cares, it's a functional garment, not a fashion piece. Perfect.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't imagine wearing clothes like that. I feel like I'm roasting if I wear them.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

I can't imagine wearing clothes like that. I feel like I'm roasting if I wear them.
I mean, you're not really supposed to wear a down jacket indoors unless you live up north and you have no heating.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

An extra t-shirt and a hoodie are all I've ever needed outside. I think I just run warm.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

1500quidporsche posted:

I did similar, I wanted something that would keep me warm no matter what and ended up with a Swedish 'cold weather parka' that roasts me alive in anything above freezing... Last winter was real mild here too so I didn't get a chance to use it.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Because I'm a loving idiot and somehow lost the cable my Xbox came with.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You have a non-hdmi Xbox 360 that still works?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Mu Zeta posted:

Haha it's funny you say that because that mistake makes it really hard to find original xbox stuff. Everyone I know calls The 360 The Xbox so re-finding sites like the llamma.com is really hard. Also I had no idea first gen 360's had no hdmi port I knew they had no hard drive which is a shootable offense in my book.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Mu Zeta posted:

I do. Amazingly. I'm loathe to replace it though because it still works, makes it annoying to use though as my TV has no VGA connection and component isn't fantastic looking on it. BUT IT STILL WORKS so gently caress paying money for a HDMI model. It's still as hilariously noisy as it ever was.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Mu Zeta posted:

An extra t-shirt and a hoodie are all I've ever needed outside. I think I just run warm.

you just live somewhere that doesn't really get cold

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, it was in the -30s (actual temperature) last winter in my hometown. You can run hot all you want but a hoody is literally nothing, especially if you factor in the wind chill.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Humidity is also a huge factor when it's cold (and wind, obviously). You can be outside in shorts and a hoody in 0-10 degree weather (Fahrenheit) for a while if there's low humidity. That same temperature requires multiple layers in high humidity to not freeze.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

Humidity is also a huge factor when it's cold (and wind, obviously). You can be outside in shorts and a hoody in 0-10 degree weather (Fahrenheit) for a while if there's low humidity. That same temperature requires multiple layers in high humidity to not freeze.

I think you're correct but I just want to say it's the first time I've heard "it's cold but it's a DRY cold."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've lived along the ocean my whole life and I remember being in Vermont with some friends for a ski trip, we played football for over an hour in shorts and sweatshirts. It was nearly 0 degrees out, and we were diving in snowbanks and continuing to play like it was no big deal. It felt like it was equivalent to 30-40 degrees back home.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Haha, its 70 ° here in Texas.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

This will be the second Star Wars related toy on my work desk, but nobody will notice it because I work with a guy whose desk has replicas of all the major character helmets and a life-size Chewie cardboard cutout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Gonna be 80 on Christmas here in Houston. What's the cold like