Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

dpack_1 posted:

:perfect:

I am experiencing my own shaden.

Going on vacation back to the US for the first time in 10 years, the past 24 hours have been a mess, get an email saying the flights got changed last minute, tried to call the agent to find out just WHAT has been changed, "the 'urgent team' don't work sundays and i cant tell you what is going on with your flight without them, even though you are meant to be flying first thing tomorrow morning" was their response. So i got in touch with the airline instead, turns out it's the return flight, all ok then, til i go to check in online. The retarded agents filled in all my information wrong, misspelt my name, put my date of birth in as i'm 12 years old. Call the airline back, they can change my DOB but say i will need to talk to the check in staff at the airport tomorrow to get the name changed, it's not my fault so 'should' be ok. That's the best they can tell me for now.

Followed that up with Dollar rent a car being weirdly odd about letting me use my debit card to reserve a car but then saying i need a credit card to actually hire it, i call them explaining i only have a corporate credit card and i'd rather just use my debit, they say that's fine, but then i get an email later saying it must be credit, but i look on their FAQ and they say debit is fine and what the hell, i guess i'm just gonna wing that too.

Then my tablet that i loaded with a bunch of comics and movies for the 14hr flight i have decides to go on the fritz as i'm charging it tonight.

Basically i'm already sick of this vacation and it hasn't even started!
Have a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't like it when infants are injured, no schaden for me :smith:

You're wrong.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't like it when infants are injured, no schaden for me :smith:

Surely you feel only schaden and not freude?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

dpack_1 posted:

:perfect:

I am experiencing my own shaden.

Going on vacation back to the US for the first time in 10 years,

Speaking as an American: why? Why why why would you leave your perfectly civilized homeland to come here?

That being said: welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Speaking as an American: why? Why why why would you leave your perfectly civilized homeland to come here?

That being said: welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Closed my shop for the season, had 3 weeks spare with little to do. Been in touch with all my old friends over where I used to live, figured it was about time I went back and saw them all.

That and a girl. There's always a girl. First time she'll be spending time with her Mum for xmas and new years in 7 years. So there's that too.

It'll be a nice break from the stresses of city life in London for a little while, as if the past 24 hours haven't been stressful enough just trying to get away from here!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

This is amazing.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/z64WIEzcrMw

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Ooh ooh, it looks like I'm the first to post the Miss Universe thing that just happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvegBo4TUdQ

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:thurman:

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

hahaha what a stupid rear end in a top hat

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 06:14 on Dec 21, 2015

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

Jollity Farm posted:

Somewhat related to herbivores eating meat:

Schadenfreude waiting to happen?

Has science gone too far?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cpt Thorne posted:

Has science gone too far?

it hasn't gone too far unless i can pet one kitty's head while petting another kitty's head

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Hahaha that's loving awesome.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Captain Lavender posted:

hahaha what a stupid rear end in a top hat

Yeah, how dare he not show the Miss Universe pageant the respect and propriety it deserves on such an august occasion.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, how dare he not show the Miss Universe pageant the respect and propriety it deserves on such an august occasion.

Miss Philippians

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

titties posted:

Miss Philippians

And Columbia. Harvey is evidently challenged in some way.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

All those penis/weed/sex answers in Family Feud really got to him.

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat
What's the german word for being mortified on someone else's behalf? Cuz that's all I got outta THAT mess. Yikes.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Anosmoman posted:

And Columbia. Harvey is evidently challenged in some way.

it's been known for a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0BJRQ1cqM

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bobjr posted:

All those penis/weed/sex answers in Family Feud really got to him.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Duke of Flies posted:

What's the german word for being mortified on someone else's behalf? Cuz that's all I got outta THAT mess. Yikes.

fremdschamen

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"Terribly honest human mistake" is the quickest distancing maneuver I think I've ever seen. It's like saying "We all gently caress up, don't we? That inherently lessens my error." as your opening line during an apology.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Moral barometer????

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Moral barometer????
The thing you consult before watching underage anime.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Hyperlynx posted:

Moral barometer????

Well, it was in the I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream game, so...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I generally like to consult my moral sphygmomanometer in matters of choice and ethics.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I generally like to consult my moral sphygmomanometer in matters of choice and ethics.

I tried that, but found my moral hygrometer to produce more useful results.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'd like one moral tachometer for my Counter-Strike games, please.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Volume posted:

what's a legal stunt?

Subjunctive posted:

One done on private property.

do you perchance ride a motorcycle

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Phyzzle posted:

Ooh ooh, it looks like I'm the first to post the Miss Universe thing that just happened.

That's the gist of it, but you really need the full 5 minutes to properly appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmqAjr0xs04

It's the purest schadenfreude I've come across in years. Ughhhhh that's the poo poo.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Fail Army just put up a holiday flavored compilation. https://youtu.be/S3KeVFoySkk

Merry Fail-mas to us all!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Gary Lineker cuts his hand during an awards show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLfolQPTN9E

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9YsLIVWIA

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
If you haven't seen TFA and want to remain 100% unspoiled maybe skip this post and probably the linked video.

Max Landis (screen writer and son of John Landis) has caused thousands of nerds to get super angry that he has an opinion that is less than glowing about the Force Awakens and specifically the character of Rey.

The video summarizes a few dozen of his tweets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ

Hop on to his Twitter feed https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees to see the well reasoned and thoughtful responses he has received for having an opinion.

Its schadenfreude coming at you from all sides.

Indolent Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Dec 21, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think he's about thirty two years late with that edgy opinion.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

That's the gist of it, but you really need the full 5 minutes to properly appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmqAjr0xs04

It's the purest schadenfreude I've come across in years. Ughhhhh that's the poo poo.

Beauty pageants still happening in 2015 is the dumbest thing. But once you've had a crowned winner being applauded by the crowd for five minutes who the hell thinks it's a good idea to publicly rip that crown off and put it on someone else's head? gently caress it, just burn the card and pretend she won. I mean come on, it's an anachronistic meat market, you have no integrity to lose in the first place. Now even the people who like this stupid crap get to hate it too. Though when you put it like that...

The bonus schadenfreude is that presenter dude wasn't smart enough to just tear up the card and brazen it out.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Parkingtigers posted:

Beauty pageants still happening in 2015 is the dumbest thing. But once you've had a crowned winner being applauded by the crowd for five minutes who the hell thinks it's a good idea to publicly rip that crown off and put it on someone else's head? gently caress it, just burn the card and pretend she won. I mean come on, it's an anachronistic meat market, you have no integrity to lose in the first place. Now even the people who like this stupid crap get to hate it too. Though when you put it like that...

The bonus schadenfreude is that presenter dude wasn't smart enough to just tear up the card and brazen it out.

He has an earpiece and no doubt had the producer shouting into his ear that there was a gently caress up, quite where said gently caress up lies is anyone's guess seeing as the crown turned up on stage... I assume the people taking to the stage would know the result, not just Steve or the dudes in the gallery. Weird mistake.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you haven't seen TFA and want to remain 100% unspoiled maybe skip this post and probably the linked video.

Max Landis (screen writer and son of John Landis) has caused thousands of nerds to get super angry that he has an opinion that is less than glowing about the Force Awakens and specifically the character of Rey.

The video summarizes a few dozen of his tweets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ

Hop on to his Twitter feed https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees to see the well reasoned and thoughtful responses he has received for having an opinion.

Its schadenfreude coming at you from all sides.

Everyone knows Raiders of the Lost Ark is the Landis family's favorite George Lucas film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

88h88 posted:

He has an earpiece and no doubt had the producer shouting into his ear that there was a gently caress up, quite where said gently caress up lies is anyone's guess seeing as the crown turned up on stage... I assume the people taking to the stage would know the result, not just Steve or the dudes in the gallery. Weird mistake.

This was the card that Steve was given. Seems pretty clear it was his fuckup. I doubt the others knew who the winner was so they just ran with what he announced.

Only registered members can see post attachments!