Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lawl

*edit*

The change to the ranks is noticeable I'm at LE/LEM right now, or was, I've lost the last 2-3 matches and only won 1, bottom fragged every one except the win :(

MF_James fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I've been #1/#2 in all my games with 3 negative teammates every game except one for 10 games.. Ranks seem to be working correctly :keke:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is there any way, perhaps through the console, that I can turn down the game's settings further than setting everything to low/disabled? I'm getting some sort of mild stuttering and it's driving me nuts.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It is very possible you have to replace something to get rid of the studdering. Good luck, gamer.

Y
Sep 29, 2004

it's time to step up
On a similar note, after the patch that added the R8 I can no longer tab out of CS:GO without it taking an incredibly long time both going out and paging back in. Playing on the same settings as before so it isn't an issue with the new automatic stuff.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i have a bug too where when i die my game crashes. i hate this bug because it makes it look like i ragequit more ofthen then I already do.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Y posted:

On a similar note, after the patch that added the R8 I can no longer tab out of CS:GO without it taking an incredibly long time both going out and paging back in. Playing on the same settings as before so it isn't an issue with the new automatic stuff.

It reset some of my settings that my autoconfig didn't seem to touch. Sounds like you just got reverted back to fullscreen from fullscreen windowed.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I got hit by the video setting change as well. Just had to go back to full screen windowed and all was good.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BabeLiker90 posted:

It is very possible you have to replace something to get rid of the studdering. Good luck, gamer.

Oh yeah, most likely. I'm rocking a GT120 (512mb) so I'm not surprised. I get fairly good performance out of a lot of similar games, but for whatever reason, CS:GO has this weird stutter. It's absolutely playable, but it's obviously the thing that's been keeping me from going pro :colbert:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
If yo ulisten to the veteran gamers in this thread, you'd be best suited buying a copy of 1.6 and getting good at that for the most efficient e-cred points.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Up Circle posted:

If yo ulisten to the veteran gamers in this thread, you'd be best suited buying a copy of 1.6 and getting good at that for the most efficient e-cred points.

I don't actually care that much.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

FADE IN:
INTERIOR - BARELY LIT ROOM - MOSCOW NIGHT
A smoking man in adadas sportswear squats in the pale light of a laptop computer, the sound of a baby crying is heard in the background, almost drowned out by the Balkan top 20 re-run from the room next door

BORIS
comrades, is time

SASHA (VOICE ONLY, SOUND QUALITY LIKE AN MP3 CONVERTED TO MIDI AND BACK TO MP3 AGAIN)
<Incomphrensible>

BORIS
да <evil post-soviet laughter>

BORIS (CON'T)
our trap has been sprung like a well planned insurance scam

The camera pulls out, rousing music begins playing as the camera rushes over foreign lands. The music reaches its crescendo with the fade-in of the title "EURO MATCHMAKING"
russian tundra eventually gives way to an embarrassingly flat landscape, soon settling on a small danish town. The music fades as we zoom in on the single lit window of a quaint danish cottage

INT. - AN INNOCENT DANISH BOY'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
A young man with expensive peripheralslooks panicked, slamming his fist against his solid oak desktop, head shaking in disbelief

HULEBR00670065006e
No! You loving idiots! What have you done! I've never played vertigo before!

Sounds even better then Richard Lewis' script for Clanbang and the sequel Lanbang: You thought they could only do it online.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So is anyone else still the same rank after valve hosed around with things? I guess that means I'm actually better than before the deranking, right?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

0.75 @ 800

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

LEM

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

qhat posted:

So is anyone else still the same rank after valve hosed around with things? I guess that means I'm actually better than before the deranking, right?

Yeah, I'm still global after two consecutive losses

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

qhat posted:

MG1 before, 3 wins and a tie later, still MG1 :shrug:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

qhat posted:

Was DMG, got drunk and ended up at GN4, got back up to MG2 the next day. Who the gently caress knows.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I loaded up the game briefly to see I was still an eagle, another vac wave loving the ranks?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

No, valve literally changed the ranks this time. I think you need to lose a game or something to see the new rank.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

qhat posted:

One account stayed where it was after a loss, second account dropped two ranks after three losses.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
My global account stayed global after one win, my SEM account went to S3 after I got banned for 7 days for going afk for 3 minutes. :colbert:

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Apparently you have to subscribe to see this VOD now, so if anyone missed it. Tarik and JDM's pov in this one as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPOQr6cHaU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That's a pisser, I figured I'd hit the next rank sooner rather than later. Ah well.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

No, valve literally changed the ranks this time. I think you need to lose a game or something to see the new rank.

You don't. I logged in and was a different rank.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
has kpop made me go deaf?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

You don't. I logged in and was a different rank.

Did you lose a MM game and then quit immediately, then opened the game again later and saw a different rank? Your rank won't change without an actual win/loss.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qhat posted:

I've gone down to SMFC after two or three consecutive losses, but I haven't played since then.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Turk February posted:

Did you lose a MM game and then quit immediately, then opened the game again later and saw a different rank? Your rank won't change without an actual win/loss.

I'm almost positive I was still LE when I logged off. But I suppose anything is possible.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
If you flip from month, to week and day in http://csgosquad.com/ranks , there seem to be a drift towards more of a bell curve distribution of the skill groups. Which is what Valve is aiming for according to that reddit-post from the other day.

Having a bell curve distribution, instead of allowing upwards drift, makes a lot of sense. It makes advancement harsher though, since becoming better isn't enough to advance - you must become better at a faster pace than the other players around you. (Assuming that all active players become better over time.)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I went back to LEM after my first loss

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I played one of my worst games ever a few nights ago against LEs who I swear were SMFCs before the rank shift. Great coordination and aim on their part. Deranked to MGE after that.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It is good to play against hard opponents.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

It is good to play against hard opponents.
Yes but it's not as fun when you go 4-21 :v:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you retain global post about it :grin:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

BabeLiker90 posted:

Deranked to supreme on my smurf 😂😂🆒👌🏿🔓🔓🔓

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Depths posted:

Deranked to supreme on my smurf 😂😂🆒👌🏿🔓🔓🔓

😂 😂 😂

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
It's time to play a more gritty and dirty style of cs.

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis

BabeLiker90 posted:

me, played 1 game and they surrendered after 8 rounds

global confirmed for next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Faceit premium update, had loads of awesome games yesterday, one lovely game today with a bunch of toxic wankers today but then had a game against a full global team and dominated them somehow. So far, looking good.

• Locked thread