Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jabro posted:

Let me tell you how I took Gordon first overall because I had Gurley in a couple other leagues and didn't want to have all my teams to look the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Because of Newtonian Fluids jumping into the playoffs I get to compete for the third overall seed! I might actually get a RB!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Three. loving. Points.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Holy poo poo Eli Manning outscored 2 players? Dethroned the king! Time to get murdered in the playoffs!

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The 9-5 division is seriously some poetic poo poo.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Hey 9-5 guys, I just made the playoffs in my big money league with a 5-8 records. :v:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My team is a dumpster fire and my best player is TJ Yeldon. I hope this league is around in 2030 when I can build it up to respectable.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was hating my Blake Bortles draft pick last year, but this year I am absolutely loving it. I have a couple of pieces in place that I really like going forward. I just hope I can do something in this draft to give myself a #2 RB and WR that can be worth a drat. Hell, I might need a #1RB, with Lynch about done.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
The best part about this year is if I make the finals again I can't get spanked by 2012 mark Ingram and Shonn Greene

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Sataere posted:

Hey 9-5 guys, I just made the playoffs in my big money league with a 6-8 records. :v:

Fixed - if I win the league then justice will be served. Also, I didn't set these rules, I just abide by them.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Hey this was my rebuilding year! Go me!

Also the playoffs need seeding.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Seeded! There's no real incentive to really set your lineup for non-playoff teams this week but some teams like Beer's still can get the scoring title.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nawid posted:

Seeded! There's no real incentive to really set your lineup for non-playoff teams this week but some teams like Beer's still can get the scoring title.

Hope springs eternal.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Sorry for being such a nonparticipant this year guys. It's all been a bit much and I havent really been able to follow real football

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look we understand that you were balancing between giving attention to your fantasy team or your newborn. You just chose poorly.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

Look we understand that you were balancing between giving attention to your fantasy team or your newborn. You just chose poorly.

I blame my child for keeping me out of the playoffs.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I had to spend just as much effort not getting people pregnant, thank you very much.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Alucard posted:

Yay! That means I chose well!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
4 years. 4 semifinal losses. I'm cursed.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Frgrbrgr posted:

4 years. 4 semifinal losses. I'm cursed.

I haven't even made the playoffs until now.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Ugh got one in the Brown

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I tried an experiment today where if I was actually at the game Gordon wouldn't suck. Experiment failed.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Unless 2 saints wrs post historic games tomorrow it looks like I'll be in the finals again :)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Got drat David Johnson.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Papes posted:

Unless 2 saints wrs post historic games tomorrow it looks like I'll be in the finals again :)

All they need to do is score 82 points between them :v:

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

They each need ~4 TDs so we need Bresus.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'm so glad I traded out of the 4th pick and got David Johnson out of it :)

(Technically I think I took duke Johnson with that pick, but I would have taken duke over him with my own pick)

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

What a terrible start

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It probably won't matter, but I'll be kicking myself if forgetting to start Cousins over Tannehill costs me the points bonus.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I think this game is going to come down to the wire...

I'm hoping duke rips off a long td catch :D

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The battle for the third pick is some sad poo poo.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'm going to be so mad at myself if keeping Aaron Dobson over Allen Hurns end up costing me the ship.......

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I'm going to need a shoot-out in the Giants-Vikings game.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So why am I playing Old Men Having Sex instead of Newtonian Fluids? Am I missing something here? I have the third worst record, so I should be playing the team with the fourth worst record, right?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I was in the bluntmaster bracket, technically I'm playing for 3rd place overall. Had the highest points total of the non-conference champs.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Eli :(...

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Eli :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

I was in the bluntmaster bracket, technically I'm playing for 3rd place overall. Had the highest points total of the non-conference champs.

Ahh, did not notice that. I can't believe I might actually survive oversleeping and not realizing that Alshon would be inactive. That is pretty embarrassing as a Bears fan. Just not as embarrassing as my entire team.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Well, I'm pretty sure game is wrapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Good season everyone.

• Locked thread