Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

fuctifino posted:

Wasn't :lesnick: listed in the cast of SQ42 i the imdb page at some time? If he was, he isn't now.

They couldn't hire enough supporting cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Seriously though, who puts the "Yes" option on the right?

Yeah this is the sort of stupid mistake that really should get caught pretty much immediately during the first pass of UI testing. God knows what other UI weirdness they've got going on there if they can't catch something as irritating as putting "yes/no" options in the wrong order.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

ThePutty posted:

has this dumb game collapsed and burned yet

3-4 years ago.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
It still burns and gives us all its warmth.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I haven't seen this level of dumb in a while (maybe an hour or so). Really? They start at the end and go... to... the... um... other end?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Paladinus posted:

It still burns and gives us all its warmth.

It's like one of those underground coal fires that can burn for 100 years. You don't see any flames on the surface but it blankets the landscape in toxic smog.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ZenMaster posted:

I haven't seen this level of dumb in a while (maybe an hour or so). Really? They start at the end and go... to... the... um... other end?

I'm the sandpit

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

fuctifino posted:

I'm the sandpit

something something Sandi armpit hair something something

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ZenMaster posted:

To understand this point of view you have to start under the assumption that you will be able to do everything you ever dreamed about. You don't have to level in order to be Han Solo the hotshot pilot that you are irl and master ship repair which you are peerless at because you are just so awesome I can't wait!!!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ZenMaster posted:

Let's face it, instant gratification is 99% of what the community wants.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

neonbregna posted:

Last time they tried Pizza Hut somehow hosed up,delivery so if you went and picked it up that would be preferred

What are the exact terms of the challenge ? Do we have a time limit or can we splice the box over 4 meals ? Can we enter as a group of four ? Are Canadians allowed to participate even if the box content is different from the US one ? (ours has wings in it)

Also i got gifted Star Nomad 2 on steam and tried it.

All the basics of a good 2D spase sim are there but the progression and the dogfight mechanics need some serious polishing. They did good work on the background art. Its excellent for the sci-fi ambiance.

Final verdict : Its bad. 4/10

Dear Star Nomad 2 dev : Why the hell you have us grind on 4 different type of currency you assfucks ? This is not a cheap freemium MMO. Money or maybe money + reputation is enough. Not money + rep + mineral type 1 + mineral type 2.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMaster posted:

Instead of being boring and too easy in the end game it should be boring and too easy from the start.

I mean, it's only boring if you are unable to make your own game in your mind but then CIG can't be blamed for that.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

At 11:01, did i correctly see the ramp texture dissapear when its moving up/down ?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

The actions of the moderators lately really lead me to believe that they know full well this is a complete scam and there is some major doublethink going on in their defense of it. It's reminding me a lot of an essay I read once on "Belief in Belief"

http://lesswrong.com/lw/i4/belief_in_belief/

The book that is from is 'demon haunted world', and was the last thing that Sagan wrote. It's also a goddamned bullshit detector bible, so I utterly recommend it to everyone.

Seriously, if you read one book, make it that one.

edit:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The head of marketing, the person who orchestrated the most successful crowd funding effort in the world by getting people to buy JPEGs, has the call sign of "Pusher".

Someone has a sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCDAfa-NI-M

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 21, 2015

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

aleksendr posted:

What are the exact terms of the challenge ? Do we have a time limit or can we splice the box over 4 meals ? Can we enter as a group of four ? Are Canadians allowed to participate even if the box content is different from the US one ? (ours has wings in it)

Just you, one sitting, recorded for the thread in some way.

UK has no box, but you can cobble together something similar from the menu.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

this is great.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fatkraken posted:

"Some way" has to be live unedited video otherwise the victim volunteer will just feed slices of pizza to his dog move slices of pizza out of picture between shots.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

"Some way" has to be live unedited video otherwise the victim volunteer will just feed slices of pizza to his dog move slices of pizza out of picture between shots.

I don't own a dog, and I can barely work my phone. I will solemnly swear that I'm not cheating, and will perform my challenge on livestream while playing an actual game like E:D.

Facecams are for losers though.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Fatkraken posted:

recorded for the thread in some way.
Can one commission bards to describe it in songs or call for artists to depict it in a series of murals?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SelenicMartian posted:

Can one commission bards to describe it in songs or call for artists to depict it in a series of murals?

Sure, but we call them avatars

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They couldn't hire enough supporting cast

The mocap equipment is going to add at least another 100 lbs on Lesnick, but adding weight to Lesnick is like a cat lady gaining more cats - at a certain point, the amount of weight/cats becomes irrelevant.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Fatkraken posted:

Sadly i will have to pass that challenge . No way i can down that much food, even with a 12h fast before and a 2 hour step workout after. I might manage the 2 mediums (they put so little toppings its almost like eating bread) but that giant cookie (probably just fat held together by a little flour) would be the death of me.

Could we get something like a "Half Marathon" category of a single medium + wings or a medium + half the cookie ?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hav posted:

The book that is from is 'demon haunted world', and was the last thing that Sagan wrote. It's also a goddamned bullshit detector bible, so I utterly recommend it to everyone.

Thanks I think I might have found a good gift to my book worm friend.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I always wondered what Sandi would look like with a pubic beard. So I made these

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 21, 2015

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

LuiCypher posted:

The mocap equipment is going to add at least another 100 lbs on Lesnick, but adding weight to Lesnick is like a cat lady gaining more cats - at a certain point, the amount of weight/cats becomes irrelevant.

Counter-point: After a certain point, Lesnick's skeleton begins imploding on itself. Like a cat lady who can't afford all the cats and has her home foreclosed by the bank.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

aleksendr posted:

Sadly i will have to pass that challenge . No way i can down that much food, even with a 12h fast before and a 2 hour step workout after. I might manage the 2 mediums (they put so little toppings its almost like eating bread) but that giant cookie (probably just fat held together by a little flour) would be the death of me.

That's the point.

Personally, I think I could get through 1 and 1/2 pizzas at most before I reach the projectile vomit phase.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That's the point.

Personally, I think I could get through 1 and 1/2 pizzas at most before I reach the projectile vomit phase.

Its not as much as the vloume of food, its that its frigging Pizza Hut fat, flour ,cheap cheese and tomato sugar sauce bonanza. I could probably down 2 medium pie from a quality italian with a big helping of Tiramisu and be fine after a long walk but with Pizza Hut cheap ingredients there are just so much fats.

Looking at the nutrition info, each medium pie of that box is like eating a whole 4oz butter stick.

I'm no granola health nut, but that must be somewhat harmful for the tubes..

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

aleksendr posted:

Could we get something like a "Half Marathon" category of a single medium + wings or a medium + half the cookie ?

No, because that's just getting free pizza from a goon and eating it. One medium, some wings and half a cookie is a big meal, but nothing out of the ordinary for a big takeout night.

it's only a challenge if it's an *insane* amount of food to eat in one sitting.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

aleksendr posted:

Its not as much as the vloume of food, its that its frigging Pizza Hut fat, flour ,cheap cheese and tomato sugar sauce bonanza. I could probably down 2 medium pie from a quality italian with a big helping of Tiramisu and be fine after a long walk but with Pizza Hut cheap ingredients there are just so much fats.

Looking at the nutrition info, each medium pie of that box is like eating a whole 4oz butter stick.

I'm no granola health nut, but that must be somewhat harmful for the tubes..

I used to work at a pizza hut in the kitchen and prep room. It was a while back (15 years or so), but at the time at least when I was prepping the pan dough we'd squirt a big blob of vegetable oil into each pan before adding the frozen dough puck and putting it in the proofer to expand and rise.

Small would get one squirt, medium two, large three. Each squirt was 15ml, about 14 grams of pure fat, so a large pan pizza had 42 grams of oil in the dish BEFORE you take account of the cheese, toppings or dough.

What I'm saying is, if you order this, go for the thin and crispy, those didn't get any oil at all.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

fuctifino posted:

I'm the sandpit moneypit

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is great.

"I think that's...that's a bug..?" :ohdear:

They're so scared of getting banned they're unsure whether to call something a bug or a feature.

I bet if someone posted that this happened on the bug forum (if there even is such a thing) it'd get locked for :airquote:not contributing:airquote:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
What the official channel for reporting a "bug" in this PTU 2.1 or whatever? Does a mechanic exist in game for documenting and submitting things? I think I read in thread that they don't have any method to do that, which makes me question what type of alpha this is.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

So I finally succumbed and decided to touch the poop directly instead of writing messages to them here.
Created a reddit account, made my first posts and sometime between yesterday and now I was shadow banned.

Very subversive poo poo as you can see. Seems that they've reached the goon quota and aren't allowing any more in. Don't want too many dissonant voices in the eco chamber, ruins the whole effect.

You are not shadowbanned. You can only be shadow-banned by Reddit admins. You were probably just banned from that Sub-Red, but not Reddit.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

Libluini posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to understand this sentence, but I keep drawing a mental blank. Are there actually games where female characters have advantages over male ones? This sounds like some mythical feminist video game that doesn't actually exist.

(Also source your quotes.)

In Crusader Kings II an attractive female ruler will give you insane levels of diplomacy magic (note, I meant to type diplomatic, but messed up, spell correct improved on this)
https://m.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/1dh6bv/tip_the_power_of_beautiful_women/

Similarly in the fallout games there's usually a perk that gives advantages when dealing with the opposite sex 'Black Widow' is more powerful then the male counterpart because most enemies are male.

And of course Mass Effect where the advantage is listening to a better actor.

In Kerbal space program the starting female 'Valentina Kerman' has better stats than any of the males, but these just controls the facial expressions and doesn't confer any real advantage.

illectro fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 21, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2015/12/19/the-star-citizen-community-is-souring-the-game/#comment-2419316118

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Matlock Birthmark posted:

What the official channel for reporting a "bug" in this PTU 2.1 or whatever? Does a mechanic exist in game for documenting and submitting things? I think I read in thread that they don't have any method to do that, which makes me question what type of alpha this is.

Issue Council. It's Reddit for bug reporting. CIG has no automated bug reporting system that I am aware of.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

That dude is real mad

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Go gently caress yourself, James Brand.

Also, SA ain't private you dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU