Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Question about faction play dropship rewards: Do they offer increased capacity or what?

I learned the hard way that i cant fit 1 timberwolf, 1 mad dog 1 ebon jaguar and a cheetah in the same shortbus... so i must either strip some weight off the timber or reconsider the ebon jag, which i wouldnt want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Question about faction play dropship rewards: Do they offer increased capacity or what?

I learned the hard way that i cant fit 1 timberwolf, 1 mad dog 1 ebon jaguar and a cheetah in the same shortbus... so i must either strip some weight off the timber or reconsider the ebon jag, which i wouldnt want to do.

That's 230 tons, right? You should be able to do that.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

That's 230 tons, right? You should be able to do that.

Timber = 100
Ebon Jag = 65
Mad Dog = 60
Cheetah = 30

Totals at 255, and current dropship can carry 250.
So either 5 tons off the timber, or ditch the jag... OR the next dropship can carry 5 tons extra?

EDIT: i actually meant DIRE wolf, not Timber Wolf. Too many loving animals around.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 21, 2015

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Fil5000 posted:

You better have 6m cbills in reserve mother fucker.

Welp. Uninstalling.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Timber = 100
Ebon Jag = 65
Mad Dog = 60
Cheetah = 30

So either 5 tons off the timber, or ditch the jag... OR the next dropship can carry 5 tons extra?

If you have a stormcrow, you could replace the mad dog with that. :shobon:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Pooncha posted:

Correct option anyways.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pooncha posted:

Dont have one, and its ugly as poo poo, so i doubt ill ever have one.

Still, what about those dropship upgrades?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Timber = 100
Ebon Jag = 65
Mad Dog = 60
Cheetah = 30

EDIT: i actually meant DIRE wolf, not Timber Wolf. Too many loving animals around.

Pooncha posted:

this is a good idea because you can do things in a SCR (some combination of LPL/ERLL/ERML/Gauss) that you can't do in a Mad Dog, and those things work better in CW than missileboat Mad Dogs.

You can also drop the Dire Wolf down because while you can make it work in CW the lack of mobility plus the fact that everyone will be gunning for you can be an issue

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pooncha posted:

Gotta say, finding a working build for the loyalty Wolverine is like pulling teeth.

The MASC is marvellous, though.

EDIT: This is what I've ended up with. It's best used in conjunction with other robots with bigger guns to take full advantage of damaged armor and insides.

Ammo in your head and no head armour? Good luck with that.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

yeah, take some armor off the left arm and put it in the head. I think you need a minimum of 16 head armor to avoid a one-shot headcap from dual gauss

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Wales Grey posted:

Macrotransactions are the way of the future, man.

I guess PGI knows their whales better than I do...I'm just sad I can't drop :10bux: and get a mastery package. I would do that multiple time, without issues, just for the 3 bots+3bays....but I will never spend 3 times that amount. I can get an AAA game on Kinguin with that kind of money.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

yeah, take some armor off the left arm and put it in the head. I think you need a minimum of 16 head armor to avoid a one-shot headcap from dual gauss

This will never, ever, ever happen unless you're standing completely still in a firefight. You need two or three points of head armor max to deal with splash from artillery.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
What is the normal cost of Mechbays? I thought someone said they were on sale, but they aren't indicated as such.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

EoRaptor posted:

Pattonesque posted:

I die far more often to being legged and/or cored than a headcap. The only robuts I have with head armor are assaults since they can't get away from artillery strikes as easily, and so far in my case the only times I get head damage are from artillery and Hail Mary laser grazes.

I also don't CW so there's that.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Magnetic North posted:

What is the normal cost of Mechbays? I thought someone said they were on sale, but they aren't indicated as such.

300 mc. They go on sale for 150 from time to time.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Great Beer posted:

This will never, ever, ever happen unless you're standing completely still in a firefight. You need two or three points of head armor max to deal with splash from artillery.

I would say it's more of a risk if you're playing a peek style than if you're in a brawl, but it's true that the risk is p. low

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

this is a good idea because you can do things in a SCR (some combination of LPL/ERLL/ERML/Gauss) that you can't do in a Mad Dog, and those things work better in CW than missileboat Mad Dogs.

You can also drop the Dire Wolf down because while you can make it work in CW the lack of mobility plus the fact that everyone will be gunning for you can be an issue

If you're attacking, dire wolves are a strict liability. If you're defending, they're a golden god. I change out my drop decks depending on the mission to include one where appropriate.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

I guess PGI knows their whales better than I do...I'm just sad I can't drop :10bux: and get a mastery package. I would do that multiple time, without issues, just for the 3 bots+3bays....but I will never spend 3 times that amount. I can get an AAA game on Kinguin with that kind of money.

You should never give PGI money

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

various cheeses posted:

I guess this bears repeating: machine guns should never be used except on joke builds.

They may actually be worse than nothing, since they give the illusion of dealing damage. Misled players may end up firing machine guns between alphas, pissing their ineffectual damage over the front of an enemy mech, instead of torso twisting.

Do Urbies count as joke builds by default? Inspired by the Goon AtlasUrbie vid, I have finally taken one of mine out for a couple of nights. I guess my 260L (180xl, 3xML, LPL, 2xMG) should really replace the MGS with DHS, or even a standard engine, but he seems to be having more success as back-biting can-opener than my ravens ever did, one match getting 4 kills - three of them solo . The effect of the MGs is probably all in my head, but he'd feel naked without them.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Fumblemouse posted:

Do Urbies count as joke builds by default? Inspired by the Goon AtlasUrbie vid, I have finally taken one of mine out for a couple of nights. I guess my 260L (180xl, 3xML, LPL, 2xMG) should really replace the MGS with DHS, or even a standard engine, but he seems to be having more success as back-biting can-opener than my ravens ever did, one match getting 4 kills - three of them solo . The effect of the MGs is probably all in my head, but he'd feel naked without them.

there is no bad urbanmech build, as there is no good urbanmech build

the mech itself is enough

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Timber = 100
Ebon Jag = 65
Mad Dog = 60
Cheetah = 30

No, they don't offer drop deck tonnage upgrades. That would completely gently caress any semblance of CW balance even more than it is now. For what it's worth they're also using that to try and balance between clans and IS on CW atm - pretty sure the last patch gave clans a bit of a smaller dropdeck cap than IS.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nickiepoo posted:

Don't fire them both at the same time, you get hit with Ghost Heat and have a bad time unless they changed this recently.

You can fire three LLs or LPLs without ghost heat now.

e: o duh ok vv

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 21, 2015

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Protip: next time you feel like giving PGI money, give it to me instead. I'm way more entertaining to have around than an extra mech bay.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

sebmojo posted:

You can fire three LLs or LPLs without ghost heat now.

The quote was in regards to AC20s, which unless it changed since yesterday, still incur ghost heat for firing two at the same time.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
My in game name is Etreri. I would like an invite to GIRL please.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
A few of my friends started playing since the steam release, so I figure I'll party with you guys too. I already have an RSI account (:cripes:), submitted auth info with Goonrathi, would like in with WoL.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Zaodai posted:

The quote was in regards to AC20s, which unless it changed since yesterday, still incur ghost heat for firing two at the same time.

It's still worthwhile to have a binding to blow both of them. The ghost heat isn't debilitating if you aren't doing non-stop alphas. Chain fire for when you're slugging it out, dual fire for when you can retreat behind something to cool off for a bit.

edit: of course the real way to do it is to put them both on separate circuits and bind them to different mouse keys. Easy to alternate and you can just mash both at once for the "get the gently caress out of my face" moments.

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 21, 2015

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I use left and right mouse for the corresponding AC20 and usually a thumb button for alpha and or other weapons. There are times when the heat penalty is worth it. Like when you manage to sneak up behind someone in a boomjager.

Blurgler
Aug 16, 2014

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The drop ship reward is just a cockpit item

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's still worthwhile to have a binding to blow both of them. The ghost heat isn't debilitating if you aren't doing non-stop alphas. Chain fire for when you're slugging it out, dual fire for when you can retreat behind something to cool off for a bit.

edit: of course the real way to do it is to put them both on separate circuits and bind them to different mouse keys. Easy to alternate and you can just mash both at once for the "get the gently caress out of my face" moments.

If I'm running double AC20s, I'm probably not running much else. In the case of my double AC 20 King Crab I have left arm as LMB, right arm as RMB, which also helps me keep it straight when I'm corner shooting.

Need to alpha strike them? MASH DEM BUTTONS. Just like real life fake giant robot battles.

For other loadouts, I tend to do LMB is my heaviest hitting lowest cooldown weapon, or my longest range one. RMB is secondary, mouse 3 and 4 are less frequently used stuff or if I have weird splits. Occasionally one is my alpha-strike key, but usually I don't take a dedicated button for it, because I tend to run stuff that runs too high in the heat curve or is somewhat mixed range, or it's split between arms and torso.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Left and right ac20s also makes you feel more like an angry metal God, too, which is always nice.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I can confirm that dual AC20s are still satisfying, Ghost Heat or not, even on a Catapult.

Since I'm dumb and I hope PGI will deliver on their promises about resizing the Catapult...are there 3 good Catapult models? I own the K2 already, and there's the one with 6 missile slot to do some vicious SRMs-ing; but I'm at a loss for the eventual third one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So how do I go about joining a goon group in this game?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I want to point out to whoever cares that even though the WoL MOTD says that anyone can invite people to the gorup... actually it's anyone except people in the J4G Scum and Newbird categories... which accounts for about half of the people in the group. I am included in one of those categories, sadly.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

Since I'm dumb and I hope PGI will deliver on their promises about resizing the Catapult...are there 3 good Catapult models? I own the K2 already, and there's the one with 6 missile slot to do some vicious SRMs-ing; but I'm at a loss for the eventual third one.

Me too, I really like the catapult design for some reason. Maybe because I'm super bad at this game and really like LRMs.
Wish I could LRM all day :c

Warren Peace
Dec 21, 2015

Is it worth while to buy different variants of the same mech to progress in the mastery?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes. Your basic masteries double after you get all the elites. The heat management stuff alone is huge. Once you've been playing enough to be fiddling with modules being able to equip an extra one is a big deal too.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Kinda. I did this with the crab and it got pretty good once you get the elite perk that doubles you basic perks but it's a huge investment in one mech type.

Edit: my crab got fast as he'll though.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

That Italian Guy posted:

I can confirm that dual AC20s are still satisfying, Ghost Heat or not, even on a Catapult.

That sounds like fun. I've been thinking of what to do with my terrible Gausspult that I bought waaay back in the day when that was a thing. Can't even kill time with it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=201512mechs

I hope I get the Grand Prize so I can have 3 CN9-AHs!

Kind of underwhelming after the Champion Timberwolf they gave away last time.

• Locked thread