Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

nine-gear crow posted:

Here's a crop of LPs that need to be taken off the list or de-bolded.

Jsor posted:

Oh drat, my WC3 thread got archived. :(

I was having a lot of trouble making assets for the most recent episode, because I had to make like 30 popins of different sizes using the in-game assets, which is a PITA. When I get it done is it standard practice to just open a new thread?

If anyone cares, this is back up, now I have a backlog of like 5 episodes to work with and I actually know how to edit efficiently so it should be far more regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Am I misremembering, or was there an LP of Brink on the lparchive? I can't seem to find it. In any case, is there a good Brink LP out there?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to request Radiata Stories for PS2.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

I'd like to request Radiata Stories for PS2.

No idea if multiple people requesting the same LP has any effect, but just in case: what this guy said.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dungeon Lords just appeared on Steam for some loving reason, somebody get on that heap of trash.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Orv posted:

Dungeon Lords just appeared on Steam for some loving reason, somebody get on that heap of trash.
The original release version, please.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
I'd be interested in an LP of ZombiU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I'd be interested in an LP of ZombiU

I was considering this at one point, since there is a PC release and it's actually good and fun. However, the game really does not lend itself toward the style that Roboky and I traditionally do since it's very atmospheric and talking over it would ruin the game very quickly. There is also the 'survivor mode' that only gives you one life, which might be worthwhile to play through as.

Have you thought through your preferences for something like this at all? Do you have an LP of a similar game that you enjoyed?

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
I'm much more partial to atmospheric LPs (DumbRodent's Outcast LP was extremely entertaining for me).

But...who the hell am I to dictate!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The reason I ask is precisely because I've never done that style of game before. I know what I like (and I tend to agree with you), but I sometimes have Bad Opinions.

It's unlikely I'll start something up with this very soon, since I'm already behind on working on Dishonored and the rest of my life is extremely demanding right now. But you've got me thinking about it again, and one of the biggest marks in Zombi's favor is that I would not have to do a ton of organization and post-processing; atmospheric shut-the-hell-up LPs don't require a lot of after-work.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I recently remembered that the PS2 game Haven, Call of the King exists.
It's a 3d action platformer developed by Travellers Tales (The guys who made all the lego stuff) in 2002.
Usually the game is quite mediocre and sometimes actually fun, but at some point it just decides to hate you in every single way.
Furthermore it has really special voice acting and a certain charm.

No one but me seems to know that game since there are only like two youtube LPs of it. It really deserves a deeper analysis. gently caress that game!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 28, 2015

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek

Air is lava! posted:

I recently remembered that the PS2 game Haven, Call of the King exists.
It's a 3d action platformer developed by Travellers Tales (The guys who made all the lego stuff) in 2002.
Usually the game is quite mediocre and sometimes actually fun, but at some point it just decides to hate you in every single way.
Furthermore it has really special voice acting and a certain charm.

No one but me seems to know that game since there are only like two youtube LPs of it. It really deserves a deeper analysis. gently caress that game!

To be honest this is the first time I have ever heard of this game, it looks like it is inspired by Jak and Dexter though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I told you the thread title has not yet come to pass. I've missed a couple of months, so we have a whole bunch of expired LP requests. Same deal as before: does anyone actually still want to see an LP of the following games, or are they safely forgotten like dust in the wind?

• 007: Nightfire - PCversusCONSOLE:VLP:(Simultaneously show off differences) - 05/15
  • Assassin's Creed III - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation - 06/15
  • Demikids - GBA - 05/15
  • Europa Universalis - PC:Tutorial LP - 05/15
  • Europa Universalis IV - PC:Tutorial LP - 06/15
  • Extermination - PS2:PAL Version - 05/15
  • FarCry 4 - 05/15
  • Gauntlet: Dark Legacy - 05/15
  • God's Will Be Watching - 06/15
  • Harry Potter Games - All Of Them - 05/15
  • Hatred - 06/15
  • Kaijuu Busters - DS - 05/15
  • Kya: Dark Lineage - 05/15
  • Monkey Puncher - 05/15
  • Paranoia - (Pen&Paper) - 06/15
  • Pokemon Conquest - "Historically Informative" - 05/15
  • Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands - VLP - 05/15
  • Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Wii:VLP - 05/15
  • Resonance Of Fate - PS3/360 - 06/15
  • Star Ocean 1 - 05/15
  • Star Ocean 4 - 360/PS3 - 05/15
  • Tales Of Destiny 2 - PS2 - 05/15
  • Tales Of Legendia - PS2 - 05/15
  • Tales Of The Tempest - DS - 05/15
  • The Stanley Parable - 06/15
  • Timesplitters - 05/15
  • Timesplitters 2 - 05/15
  • Timesplitters 3 - 05/15
  • Tokyo Jungle - PS3 - 06/15
  • Tomb Raider III - PC/PSN:VLP - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - PC/PSN - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider Chronicles - PC/PSN:VLP - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - PC/PS2:VLP - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - PC/PS4/XBone - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darknes - 06/15
  • White Knight Chronicles: Origins - PSP - 06/15
  • Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist Of The Roses - PS2 - 05/15

Also, thread requests are updated up to this point. Reminder, put your requests in BOLD or I am liable to miss them when skimming the thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'd like to keep Kya: Dark Lineage on the list.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
keep Kaiju Busters on there please. Informative if possible.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Skypizza posted:

To be honest this is the first time I have ever heard of this game, it looks like it is inspired by Jak and Dexter though.

Yeah, Jak and Daxter spawned a ton of wannabe platformers. Speaking of which, not a formal request but I'd love to see a megathread where someone tackles this era of "me too" 3D platformers. I'm talking about Kya, Haven, Vexx, Malice, Dr. Muto, Whiplash, Evil Twin, the 300 Tak and the Power of Juju games, Portal Runner, the Ty games, I-Ninja, and Sphinx and the Accursed Mummy among countless others.

edit: Ooh, there was a Neopets game as well!

edit2: Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat was my poo poo as well!

al-azad fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 28, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
  • Assassin's Creed III - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Rogue - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity - 06/15
  • Assassin's Creed: Liberation - 06/15
  • Demikids - GBA - 05/15
  • Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands - VLP - 05/15
  • Prince Of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Wii:VLP - 05/15
  • Resonance Of Fate - PS3/360 - 06/15
  • Star Ocean 1 - 05/15
  • Star Ocean 4 - 360/PS3 - 05/15
  • Tales Of Destiny 2 - PS2 - 05/15
  • Tales Of Legendia - PS2 - 05/15
  • Tales Of The Tempest - DS - 05/15
  • The Stanley Parable - 06/15
  • Tomb Raider III - PC/PSN:VLP - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation - PC/PSN - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider Chronicles - PC/PSN:VLP - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - PC/PS2:VLP - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - PC/PS4/XBone - 05/15
  • Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darknes - 06/15

Mostly ones I've requested before as well as some others I'd like to see too. Also, :effort:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Paranoia - (Pen&Paper) - 06/15
Star Ocean 1 - 05/15

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I mean, I'd still like to see Pokemon Conquest and Yu-gi-oh, but I'm the one who requested them in the first place and there's a good chance I'm the only one, so I won't re-request them unless someone else wants to see them.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to request Rayman 3 in a VLP form
(If the request isn't fulfilled, I'll do it myself, but not until I'm done with my current stuff :v:)

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I'd still like to see the Time Splitters series, especially 2 and 3, since 1 can be pretty safely ignored.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'd still like to see Gauntlet Dark Legacy, although really that's something you'd need an LP group like the Men Drinkin' Coffee or the Tipping Forties or the Freelance Astronauts (Never Forget) to make it entertaining, I think.
Unless the game had a PC port I'm unaware of and netplay is a thing.

Seconding Timesplitters, also.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Yeah, I'll third Timesplitters. I don't even really see why you'd have to skip the first one, you can easily blow through it in an hour if you're good at it.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'd still like to see Far Cry 4.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Requesting Shellshock: Nam '67, if there are even any copies left in existence.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lacedaemonius posted:

Requesting Shellshock: Nam '67, if there are even any copies left in existence.

I still have a copy. I might do it as a bonus for the last Killzone LP. As a sort of Guerrilla Games now and then, if you will. If anyone else wants to do Shellshock, though, don't let me stop you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
FYI: ArclightBorealis finished Armored Core: Master of Arena today, so that one can come off the list.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thanks. Request list is updated to this point.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
So I just started playing this, and I kind of want to see an LP of Renowned Explorers: International Society because it's got some ridiculous disaster story potential in my opinion.

Failing that, Magic of Scheherazade, but ha ha ha who LPs NES games here. :negative:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Dragomorph posted:

So I just started playing this, and I kind of want to see an LP of Renowned Explorers: International Society because it's got some ridiculous disaster story potential in my opinion.

Failing that, Magic of Scheherazade, but ha ha ha who LPs NES games here. :negative:
There was at least one run done for Renowned Explorers in the latest roguelike megathread that I though went particularly well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrmV_cEMJA (keeping in mind that the videos do run a bit long, but you can always pause them or skip through them at your leisure)

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
This is probably a tall order, but are there any decent lps of The Witcher 3 out there? I'm not even sure what exactly I'm looking for out of the lper but I know the game is long and may not be very good to watch no matter what.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dragomorph posted:

Seconding this one. One of many, many zelda-likes from the 8-bit era that just get ignored, though this one is weird because it also has dragon quest style random encounters (AS WELL AS the zelda style fights) time travel shenanigans, recruitable party members, and more dick moves than you can shake a stick at.

Also it's set in Ancient Persia, with a really cool soundtrack.

At the end of the day though, I'm still just sitting on my idea of someone who's far better at them than I making a Zelda-like mega-thread.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Has anyone done a Kerbel Space Program Lets Play yet? I'm really tempted.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Thirding Gauntlet:Dark Legacy and adding Batman: Arkham Knight. I know we have some excellent Batman LPers out there.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Y'all don't need to "second" or |third" things. If one person wants to keep it requested, then it stays. :yum:

Though I guess this means people really want Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Someone get on that, I guess.

CommieGIR posted:

Has anyone done a Kerbel Space Program Lets Play yet? I'm really tempted.

Not that I'm aware of. Not here, anyways. You should do it!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'd like to request LPs of Hey You, Pikachu! and, on a less serious note, Pokemon Channel. Both video, obviously.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey You, Pikachu!

This but have all the commentary be voice clips of Ash Ketchum.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Mega64 posted:

This but have all the commentary be voice clips of Ash Ketchum.

Try using an Ash soundboard to control the whole game. That would be amazing.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Checked the master list and whatnot and didn't find it. So I'd like to put Rise of Nations . It's an old gem of a game recently released on steam. Probably best done in the form of a screenshot LP, as battles can either be quick 15-20 minute affairs or hour long grueling sieges. It shares many characteristics to empire earth and I think it manages to improve on the formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I'd like to request Shandalar, the magic: the gathering computer game

• Locked thread