Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Added the new channel info to the OP right below the clan info. Good luck and don't gently caress this channel all to hell making ten copies of it goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Anyone seen this error before? Didn't see much useful info in the game forums.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Any mods installed?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

AceRimmer posted:

Anyone seen this error before? Didn't see much useful info in the game forums.

I get crashes every now and then. Sometimes when entering a battle, sometimes when coming back to port after a battle.

I don't know why and I haven't bothered trying to find out.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

demonR6 posted:

Any mods installed?
Nope. Also really frequent disconnects sometimes (DNS error, couldn't connect to server). Connecting from the Bay Area and don't have problems with other online games so not sure what the deal is.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's odd because I would get a similar error when I had updated a mod pack and the paths file would not match the mods version folder. But that means the error windows look the same.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Since the last patch ive been getting way more disconnects than ever before. And its obviously not just me because I see a lot of ships just mysteriously stall out in mid battle now

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
Had an incredibly fun match in my Tirpitz last night. There were four of us up against a North Carolina, Colorado, and two Nagato's. I steamed straight at the enemy and took the brunt of the fire, then put 3 of my 4 torps into the North Carolina. Hit a Nagato a couple times in the citadel before finally going down. North Carolina followed soon after due to flooding. Fourth Tirpitz turned away and decided to play sniper, while the other two followed me in and took out the Nagato's. Both teams (or rather, the sunk members) were commenting on how interesting the match was and were positive about the whole thing. It was actually surprising, considering how negative people usually are.

I also was in a Two Brothers match in my Independence and mopped the floor, racking up 5 kills and around 150k damange total. It was like all the stars aligned. It helped that ProGodLegend was on the other team in his carrier and sat right by the channel mouth. I lit him up with torps and bombers, and an allied DD sent him to the bottom. After that I just picked targets and racked up the kills. At the end it came down to myself and an enemy battleship who was trying to take our cap. We were up about 20 points when time finally expired. had lots of positive comments that match - it was the first time I'd ever really played well in a carrier, and it felt really good.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

I bought the blyskawica, when are they releasing a polish tree again? :v:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Fizzil posted:

LOL. Right now my main problem with that ship is that as a tier 7 premium I can't put an existing commander in, I'm forced to go into tier 7 battles with no Last Stand until I can get it.

This means that I have either really terrible games or really awesome ones, depending on how much I use I would have gotten out of Last Stand.

Replay Link

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Fizzil posted:

Oh hey, a cool new Premium DD that looks like its actually pretty balanced and fun, I think I might finally spend some money on WoWs again and...wait, its not on sale on NA server yet? gently caress off Wargaming.

Edit: The numbers on the crosshairs that indicate lead time have been really useful as a BB trying to hit full speed cruisers. You can't rely on them outside of that, but most tier 6+ cruisers go around 30knts and it happens often enough that its useful for that first volley.

cheese fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 21, 2015

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I'm guessing they will have a buncha stuff for sale this week. If not then yes they are dumb.

Speaking of dumb, just had a game where a Tirpitz wanted to babysit our carrier all game to "cover him". Literally everyone, including the carrier told him he was an idiot. Eventually he succumbed to peer pressure and held down W until he got himself killed, which was at least marginally useful. Our carrier never came under attack once.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Lakedaimon posted:

Speaking of dumb, just had a game where a Tirpitz wanted to babysit our carrier all game to "cover him". Literally everyone, including the carrier told him he was an idiot. Eventually he succumbed to peer pressure and held down W until he got himself killed, which was at least marginally useful. Our carrier never came under attack once.

there are plenty of people whose only ship over tier 4 or w/e is like a tirpitz or an atago. i'd bet money that the dude you're talking about falls into that category

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So I finally hooked up a second monitor in addition to my TV, and I'm having to run the game windowed to switch without both screens flashing black for a couple seconds. Any advice?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TSBX posted:

So I finally hooked up a second monitor in addition to my TV, and I'm having to run the game windowed to switch without both screens flashing black for a couple seconds. Any advice?

Play windowed borderless.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

wdarkk posted:

LOL. Right now my main problem with that ship is that as a tier 7 premium I can't put an existing commander in, I'm forced to go into tier 7 battles with no Last Stand until I can get it.

This means that I have either really terrible games or really awesome ones, depending on how much I use I would have gotten out of Last Stand.

Replay Link

I couldn't find it anywhere, but can you train your captain to get 3 points or am i stuck with what i get?

Also sorry for not warning you folks, by yeah its available on the EU server right now. I really hate these limited ship releases, why can't they just put them in the ship store like the rest of the premiums? or even make them available in-game for a gold purchase like WOT?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
How do you enable it without using a third party program?

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
Had my best match ever, in a Cleveland no less. 8 enemy ships sunk, and the last ship on the other team was their carrier. Unfortunately there was only 2 minutes left in the match when I headed for the enemy cap point. The enemy carrier was kind enough to start heading south towards me, but I'm betting his team was screaming at him to turn around and he did. Nonetheless, I still managed to drop him by 50% in about 30 seconds, and if I'd had another 30 seconds I could have pulled out the win.

I had at least one person claim I was cheating, but people on both sides pointed out that presenting his cruiser's broadside to me was just begging for getting citadelled. Felt pretty good despite the loss.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

Had a really awesom Farragut game where everything just kinda clicked.

I gunned down a cruiser at one point, then immediately torped a BB.. that hit just before he fired. Good thing, I had 94 health at the end of it.
From there, I gunned down the CV beyond detection range, and got the game ending torp strike on the final BB after he managed to finally knock me out.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Haven't played in months , but the OP is still a decent primer. Helped me get a kill in my first match (once I remembered how to zoom in).

Also, two questions.

1. Are there any codes for this game that are still active?

2. What's the best premium ship for mining silver?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Ghetto Prince posted:

Haven't played in months , but the OP is still a decent primer. Helped me get a kill in my first match (once I remembered how to zoom in).

Also, two questions.

1. Are there any codes for this game that are still active?

2. What's the best premium ship for mining silver?

I dont think there are any codes. Did you just make an account? There should be some codes bouncing around for a free Premium boat and some premium time + doubloons for new accounts.
The best premium for making credits is the Murmansk, if they're still sellling it or if there still are humble bundle codes lying around. After that, the Atago is fairly good. The Atlanta requires a different playstyle, a cross of CA and DD, which many people don't like (and its somewhat underpowered anyways), the Ishizuchi is basically a Kongo A hull at tier 4 which isn't that great, the Aurora is GARBAGE but comes free with a lot of stuff.

I'd suggest hunting for a Murmansk humble bundle code, it'll likely be cheaper than the premium shop. If you can't find one (you should be able to), the Atago is probably the next best bet.

I think I'm gonna make a fire damage guide soon. There's a lot of people who seem to not understand how to use DDs and CAs to do meaningful damage to BBs, hopefully I can shed some light on how to maximize your potential damage.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

I think I'm gonna make a fire damage guide soon. There's a lot of people who seem to not understand how to use DDs and CAs to do meaningful damage to BBs, hopefully I can shed some light on how to maximize your potential damage.

Please do this.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Hazdoc posted:

Isn't this basically "If you are in a DD or a CA with guns less than 200mm, slap them with HE from stem to stern and break out the marshmallows."

I mean, if you want to get super particular with it then there are the mid ranges where you want to HE even with bigger guns because shot angle and ricochet, but unless you're big enough to breach the armor isn't it really just about wanting to get all four sections ablaze?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Cobbsprite posted:

Isn't this basically "If you are in a DD or a CA with guns less than 200mm, slap them with HE from stem to stern and break out the marshmallows."

I mean, if you want to get super particular with it then there are the mid ranges where you want to HE even with bigger guns because shot angle and ricochet, but unless you're big enough to breach the armor isn't it really just about wanting to get all four sections ablaze?

Yes. Its not going to be something insanely long and drawn out, as the basic advice is "Light all 4 ship sections on fire".

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

Yes. Its not going to be something insanely long and drawn out, as the basic advice is "Light all 4 ship sections on fire".

"And don't quit shooting, because the more you tag them the longer they burn".

There is nothing prettier than watching two or three battleships sticking together, all smoking to high heaven and knowing you did that.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Cobbsprite posted:

"And don't quit shooting, because the more you tag them the longer they burn".

There is nothing prettier than watching two or three battleships sticking together, all smoking to high heaven and knowing you did that.

This is not correct. Once a fire is inflicted, it will burn for 60 seconds. Nothing can be done to extend this duration. THIS is one of the major things I wish to address.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sometimes it looks like it increases the duration, because the counter in the center of the screen suddenly jumps up. I'm pretty sure that means there's a new fire though.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

wdarkk posted:

Sometimes it looks like it increases the duration, because the counter in the center of the screen suddenly jumps up. I'm pretty sure that means there's a new fire though.

Yes. The fire indicator on your screen only displays when the last fire inflicted to your ship will expire.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Hazdoc posted:

This is not correct. Once a fire is inflicted, it will burn for 60 seconds. Nothing can be done to extend this duration. THIS is one of the major things I wish to address.

I might start playing if they ever get around to balancing HE and fires, but they wont since they think its perfectly fine as it is.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

I might start playing if they ever get around to balancing HE and fires, but they wont since they think its perfectly fine as it is.

Honestly it's not too bad. If you're willing to use premium Damage Control Party next patch, the extra charge (in addition to the CD reduction) should really help deal with fire bullshit.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Ahh, that makes sense. That explains why I thought they keep going when you keep tagging.

DurosKlav posted:

I don't think HE and fires are unbalanced. Yes, it eats your health when your battleship tries to do a Burning Man impression during a match. But it makes DDs and CAs with smaller guns able to do credible damage against BBs. If your big, surly battleship is immune to the shells of anything smaller than you, where's the game balance? If you've got enough skill to hit the opposing team, you will punish them for setting you ablaze with your larger, heavier-hitting guns.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Just had a 129k damage game in the Murmansk. 536k silver. Best of all, it raised my average exp to 1337.

If Hazdoc does do a fire guide, it will be miles better than this, but in the meantime here is my approach:

The key to burning the hell out of people is getting that second (and subsequent) fires. Most players will immediately use their repair when burning (doubly so when flooding as people tend to panic). Now for many ships, this gives them a 5-10 second grace period where any additional critical hits or fires/floods will be instantly repaired. For some BBs this is 20 seconds, so that can neutralize multiple potential fires. So when you see an enemy ship catch fire, then immediately extinguish it, you know that you want to start a new fire as soon as that repair party goes on cooldown.

Ships have four sections (lets call them bow, bridge, funnels, stern). Obviously if you have the very bow section burning, you want to try to hit other parts.

One common pitfall is hitting a section of the ship that is already badly damaged - if part of the ship is blackened looking, further HE hits to that location will likely do little or even zero damage. You can still start fires, but hitting a fresh looking part of the ship is almost always better at this point. You can get to a point attacking low health BBs where the whole ship is pretty charred looking and you just can't finish him off. At this point it may be worthwhile to switch to AP and try and shoot the superstructure. At least overpens through the funnels or whatnot will do 300+ damage.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cobbsprite posted:

I don't think HE and fires are unbalanced. Yes, it eats your health when your battleship tries to do a Burning Man impression during a match. But it makes DDs and CAs with smaller guns able to do credible damage against BBs. If your big, surly battleship is immune to the shells of anything smaller than you, where's the game balance? If you've got enough skill to hit the opposing team, you will punish them for setting you ablaze with your larger, heavier-hitting guns.

The issue mainly has to do with AP having a long list of requirements to do any sort of decent damage. While HE requires just hitting the ship to do pretty good damage and then having fire damage on top of that. HE damage just has an incredibly low skill ceiling compared to AP. I mean I havent played in a bit but I have a feeling it still is 90% of cruisers firing HE and only HE during a round because they dont really have to learn how to use AP.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

DurosKlav posted:

The issue mainly has to do with AP having a long list of requirements to do any sort of decent damage. While HE requires just hitting the ship to do pretty good damage and then having fire damage on top of that. HE damage just has an incredibly low skill ceiling compared to AP. I mean I havent played in a bit but I have a feeling it still is 90% of cruisers firing HE and only HE during a round because they dont really have to learn how to use AP.

Maybe, but that's them hurting themselves, isn't it? At the cruiser level, AP is definitely superior to HE when you can aim well and breach the armor. It does more damage overall, and it does it upfront instead of over time. It can't be stopped by fire extinguishers. If an enemy cruiser is choosing to do low steady damage instead of much higher burst damage, why are you complaining?

And then there are the ones like me, who fire HE at battleships even when they know AP does better damage, just because they like to hear pubbies crying about fires.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

It feels like the AP bugfix patch increased the number of damaging penetrations. Also it's now possible to citadel the Cleveland.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Fires and HE shells in WoWS

HE shells carry a chance of inflicting fire damage on impact with an enemy ship. The HE Shell itself does not actually have to deal damage to have a chance of inflicting fire, it simply needs to be considered a hit on the ship, or a ship module. If you get a hit ribbon (or a critically damaged module ribbon) with an HE shell, the game rolls the % chance of fire being inflicted. This chance can be viewed in the port, under the "Artillery" tab. The skill Demolition Expert increases the chance of shells inflicting fire by 3%. All ships also have a firefighting stat, which I cannot seem to find anywhere, but this stat reduces the chances of fire being inflicted from a shell or bomb.

On every ship, there are 4 sections. These sections all have HP Pools, and can have a fire inflicted to them, as well. They are the Bow, Stern, Midsection, and Superstructure. Each section of the ship can have a fire burning on it, but once lit on fire, cannot be lit on fire again until the previous fire has either expired or been put out. This means that if the enemy ship's Superstructure is already on fire, further HE hits to the section WILL NOT CAUSE A FIRE, nor extend the duration of the fire already present on that section.

A ship's superstructure generally contains all of the various parts of the ship that are above the deck. This is the most likely section to be lit on fire by HE shells, as its the most likely part of the ship to get hit with any shell. A fire to the midsection and a fire to the superstructure both look -EXACTLY THE SAME-, so don't assume that your shell has started a midsection fire just because it looks like some of the deck is on fire. When both midsection and superstructure are on fire, it sometimes looks different, you will need to observe this on ships yourself to see the difference. Sometimes there isn't one.

As stated, HE shells do not need to deal damage to cause fires. This is important, because HE shells have very low penetration. A DD shell to a Nagato's bow will likely not penetrate the armor there, but still carries its chance of dealing fire. Once a fire has been inflicted to a section, change your aim to another section and continue firing.

Fires deal around 18-18.2% damage to a ship per fire, over the course of 60 seconds. 100% of this damage is repairable via the Repair Party consumable. Fires to Aircraft Carriers deal more damage than normal, at around 24-25%. Fires to CVs also prevent planes from being launched or landed, making fire a very effective weapon against them. Generally, fire deals 0.3% of a ship's HP in damage every second per fire, and 0.4% of a CV's HP.

For maximum effect, you should first start attacking a ship to inflict fire and get it to consume its damage control party to extinguish the fire. Once the damage control party is used, it takes up to 20 seconds (for BBs, less for other ships) to stop running. Fires caused while damage control party is in effect are immediately extinguished, though all DoT effects always do 1 tick of damage, even when instantly removed by damage control. Once the damage control is no longer running, focus on firing your HE into the superstructure of the enemy ship. As stated before, HE Shells have low penetration, meaning that they will likely do no damage to the armored sides of a ship. The superstructure is unarmored, though, letting you deal some damage with HE, as well as knock out AA batteries and secondary turrets.

Once the superstructure is on fire, consider your options. Has the ship taken much damage to superstructure? If not, you can continue to fire into the superstructure, to deal consistent damage, but unless you are using CA or larger shells, this may not actually deal much damage at all, due to damage saturation. If you are sure that your shells caused a superstructure fire, you can begin firing at the midsection, or go for the bow and stern, if you are not sure. Continue targeting new sections until the superstructure fire is out, or the enemy ship is dead. Multiple fires can quickly shred through a ship's HP, but you need to spread your shells to get the best effect.

To combat fire, you must simply understand your situation. If you are low on HP, its likely best to immediately remove fires, so that you don't unnecessarily lose HP, though this can spell your doom if your enemy gets a parting shot on you that inflicts fire after the DCP is over. If you are healthy, however, you must first figure out what part of your ship is on fire. If it looks like a midsection/superstructure fire, assume it is a superstructure fire. If you are taking lots of HE shells from enemies, you should hold onto your damage control until you have 2 fires inflicted. Popping it for a superstructure fire is hasty, as it is the most common section of the ship to get lit on fire. You can always repair this fire damage with a Repair Party, assuming you are in a BB. When your ship is burning, there is an indicator underneath your guns, indicating how long it is until the fire is put out. This number is only for the LAST fire inflicted to your ship. Check your ship's HP indicator as well, it will indicate how many fires your ship is suffering from. A siren will start sounding if you have 3+ fires on your ship, as well. If the duration for your fires to be put out isn't very long, and you fear you will be taking more HE shells in the near future, consider letting the fires burn their way and extinguish naturally, and hold that DCP for the future threat, especially if that threat is of Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers, or a hostile torpedo. Flooding is by far the worse of the 2 DoTs to suffer from.

Also, it is useful to take the commander skill Basics of Survivability, which reduces fire duration by 15%. The India Yankee signal flag reduces fire duration by 20%. The Damage Control System Modification 2 reduces fire duration by 15%, though at the cost of not being able to take Steering Gears Mod 2, a critical mod for reducing rudder shift time. There is also the Fire Prevention commander skill, which is a 7% chance to not have a fire inflicted to your ship, and Damage Control System Mod 1, which reduces fire chance by 5% (likely in the same way Fire Prevention does, though I'm not sure).

tl:dr Once the middle part of the enemy BB starts burning, either switch to AP or start shooting your HE at the bow and stern of the ship. Stop lobbing HE shells into a fully saturated superstructure section and dealing 300 damage per hit, when you could be causing another fire you nerd!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

No, the issue is also that fire chance is by far the most RNG element of the game. Or, to give a general example, when I've hit a ship with 20 shells and set not a single fire, and the only shell he actually hit me with set one on me, it's absolutely infuriating. Even moreso when it's a destroyer that sets you on fire with their very first hit. And then immediately sets you on fire again with another singular hit. I've had games where I've gotten ~200 hits, but only caused ~5 fires.

For a specific example, in a game where I ended up facing down a Cleveland and some German cruiser(Maybe a Nurnberg? Don't really recall) in my Mogami. All of us were using HE due to range and angling(or at least that was my reason), and I ultimately killed both of them. Except I caused something like 2 fires total between them, meanwhile I myself ended up on fire something like 6 times. The fire chances between the ships involved are not particularly far apart, and I was landing significantly more shots, so poo poo like this is really annoying.

Also, while it's really not normally too bad at higher tiers, fires are absolutely murderous against battleships at the lower tiers. Yeah, smaller ships should have some way to deal damage to battleships, but stuff like well-played St. Louises generally being able to reliably kill their same-tier battleships is just idiotic.

edit: Also, the fact that Demolition Expert seems to actually add a flat +3% chance, while Fire Prevention(and possibly the module too) don't actually provide a flat reduction is moronic as well. In fact, the skill is basically a waste of a slot currently.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 21, 2015

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

No, the issue is also that fire chance is by far the most RNG element of the game. Or, to give a general example, when I've hit a ship with 20 shells and set not a single fire, and the only shell he actually hit me with set one on me, it's absolutely infuriating. Even moreso when it's a destroyer that sets you on fire with their very first hit. And then immediately sets you on fire again with another singular hit. I've had games where I've gotten ~200 hits, but only caused ~5 fires.

For a specific example, in a game where I ended up facing down a Cleveland and some German cruiser(Maybe a Nurnberg? Don't really recall) in my Mogami. All of us were using HE due to range and angling(or at least that was my reason), and I ultimately killed both of them. Except I caused something like 2 fires total between them, meanwhile I myself ended up on fire something like 6 times. The fire chances between the ships involved are not particularly far apart, and I was landing significantly more shots, so poo poo like this is really annoying.

Also, while it's really not normally too bad at higher tiers, fires are absolutely murderous against battleships at the lower tiers. Yeah, smaller ships should have some way to deal damage to battleships, but stuff like well-played St. Louises generally being able to reliably kill their same-tier battleships is just idiotic.

Yeah, that's the nature of an RNG. Some times the random numbers stack in your favor, some times they don't. But they average out over time, and "random numbers being random" isn't a failure point.

Seriously, confirmation bias is a thing, and it feels more broken than it actually is.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

DurosKlav posted:

yes well you see "XYZ mechanic is inherently overpowered because it requires no SKILL" is not a valid criticism of game balance. just because something is easier to use doesn't make it better by default. HE is easy to use but has a lower overall payoff than a player who is using AP wisely. its like the difference between people in a race using automatic and manual transmissions---the auto is easier to use but the drivers who know how to use the manual will always do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Never saw this before, but I'm new at this.

Sent a torpedo bomber squadron after a cruiser, and did a manual drop at close range. Two out of the 5 torpedoes intercepted the cruiser and disappeared, but there were no hits and it suffered no damage. Is there a minimum range for them?