Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just caught up on season two. Loved it, but Holy poo poo that ending was crazy. Loved the song choice, and Rick ending up in prison was a pretty cool cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelticPredator posted:

the real answer is this

I'd watch this. Or even just a movie where Danny Devito and Charlie Day travel through time Bill and Ted style and mess around with history.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We all would.

Oh, and I also did the rick and morty voice during star wars night for no real reason. I answered a trivia question that way. I was drunk.Thought ya'll should know

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

CelticPredator posted:

We all would.

Oh, and I also did the rick and morty voice during star wars night for no real reason. I answered a trivia question that way. I was drunk.Thought ya'll should know

We shouldn't.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Too bad you do now. And now we can talk about Rick and Morty.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 20, 2015

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

Besides, he had the wrong look, and isn't that what Hollywood is about, anyway?
Not really. For example, Hugh Jackman is tall and handsome, yet he was chosen to play short and ugly Wolverine.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElCondemn posted:

I know it seems like pandering, but watch Spaced and tell me Edgar Wright isn't sincere in his fanboyism.

Yep, though I admit the stuff he ended up doing with it in Spaced was pretty clever. That show is vastly underrated.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

X_Toad posted:

Not really. For example, Hugh Jackman is tall and handsome, yet he was chosen to play short and ugly Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman is what short and ugly people look like in movies.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wasn't going to watch any of this last night because I didn't have any new ones recorded. But I was wrong, and I did. Those giant loving heads, Ice-T, Birdperson, Keith David, snake holsters, all sorts of things. Really reminded me of a Doctor Who episode this one, what with the busting into the Pentagon and taking charge bit. Well, I guess it was just that bit. Also the whole going to the Pentagon, but not the "proper" one, the boring Earth one made me laugh.

And the episode with Rick's ship. :stonk: It's as rude and unethical as he is, it's great. Definitely one of the episodes where it lurches wildly between hilarious and horrifying. I liked that Alien Scientist turned out to be as much of a dick as Rick.

Those were the new ones, but I decided to go and watch some previous ones. I never do that, especially not the day after. This show is just special I guess. The TV one (I love how he keeps cracking up at the really stupid stuff), the Parasites one, and the Cloud guy one. I think those are some of my favourites.

Nothing new until Wednesday now. :( Unless I go find somewhere shady I guess.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

McDragon posted:

I wasn't going to watch any of this last night because I didn't have any new ones recorded. But I was wrong, and I did. Those giant loving heads, Ice-T, Birdperson, Keith David, snake holsters, all sorts of things. Really reminded me of a Doctor Who episode this one, what with the busting into the Pentagon and taking charge bit. Well, I guess it was just that bit. Also the whole going to the Pentagon, but not the "proper" one, the boring Earth one made me laugh.

And the episode with Rick's ship. :stonk: It's as rude and unethical as he is, it's great. Definitely one of the episodes where it lurches wildly between hilarious and horrifying. I liked that Alien Scientist turned out to be as much of a dick as Rick.

Those were the new ones, but I decided to go and watch some previous ones. I never do that, especially not the day after. This show is just special I guess. The TV one (I love how he keeps cracking up at the really stupid stuff), the Parasites one, and the Cloud guy one. I think those are some of my favourites.

:stare: That is quite the stream of consciousness.

Strotski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOuv6s5jfc
I'd watch a full feature about Mr Meeseeks

Mr. Meeseeks is my texting ringtone. :3:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phenotype posted:

Plus Wolves hasn't been that since the early 80s.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Phenotype posted:

He used to be.

What I'm saying is we shouldn't be surprised when we see Peter Dinklage playing the part of Wolverine somewhere in the next few XMen movies.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

McDragon posted:

If you are saying you haven't seen them all and want a place to see them all the episodes available are free on adult swims website https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelticPredator posted:

We all would.

Wait, so did you answer as Rick or Morty or did you just sort of drunkenly switch between the two voices every other word?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, so did you answer as Rick or Morty or did you just sort of drunkenly switch between the two voices every other word?

I drunkenly switched between the voices for a minute until I said the answer. Rick and Morty voices are fun to do. I highly recommend it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I drunkenly switched between the voices for a minute until I said the answer. Rick and Morty voices are fun to do. I highly recommend it.

I can sort of do Morty on a good day, but I can't quite get Rick's belching voice down. It's an integral part of the voice and I will not disgrace it by loving that up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have sadly learned how to burp on command because of it. Give me a beer and I can get it down fairly well. (burping and talking part. Maybe not so much the actual voice) I was gonna do a Rick and Morty christmas song for the SA Christmas album but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll try something tonight.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I can burp on command fairly reliably, but the actual talking part of it still escapes me.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Justin can't actually burp on command. He does all his line regular then after hours he comes back in to re-do the burp lines by sitting there all night with cans of carbonated water and light beer. Almost everyone else on the cast can fake burp on command and he's really jealous.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
theres people that can't make themselves burp?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

It's pretty hard to have that, I don't know...wet? sound that comes from genuine food/beverage induced belching? Rick's burps have that sound that I definitely couldn't do just making myself belch usually. Plus it seems like it would be easier to make the burps flow into dialogue better like they're usually placed to do if it was from actual food/drink.

I don't know why I thought of all that but yeah

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The art of burping is p dope.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bell_ posted:

He used to be.

What I'm saying is we shouldn't be surprised when we see Peter Dinklage playing the part of Wolverine somewhere in the next few XMen movies.

He'd better not, that will get in the way of him playing Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

JakeP posted:

It is one of the saddest facts about my life. :(

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dunno mate, your avatar is a right state.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

:stare: That is quite the stream of consciousness.

Yeah, I tend to ramble a bit on the Internet. Sorry if that's annoying, I do try to stop myself sometimes.

JakeP posted:

If you are saying you haven't seen them all and want a place to see them all the episodes available are free on adult swims website https://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/

Oh, I'll check that out, thanks

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Paladinus posted:

He was the perfect Inspector Gadget.

Nah. French Stuart was a better pick. Too bad they didn't get him until the Awful Direct-to-Video Sequel

JakeP posted:

I can't burp basically at all. I accidentally burp about 15 times per year. Being unable to burp is awkward and uncomfortable.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 21, 2015

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Someone made a Rick and Morty concept album and it's actually surprisingly fantastic.

Sad Dance Songs - AllieGoertz

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

101 posted:

Someone made a Rick and Morty concept album and it's actually surprisingly fantastic.

Sad Dance Songs - AllieGoertz

you lied to me.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

McDragon posted:

Yeah, I tend to ramble a bit on the Internet. Sorry if that's annoying, I do try to stop myself sometimes.

That last thing you should care about is was chucklefucks like me on the internet think.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
You swallow air. You swallow and swallow until you have to burp. Happy to help.

that said getting it midsentence sounding like booze should earn a man his paycheck

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Guh?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

People who do Rick and Morty impersonations in public are about as cool as guys breaking out their Cartman or Meatwad voice amongst company.

So good luck with that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ruddiger posted:

People who do Rick and Morty impersonations in public are about as cool as guys breaking out their Cartman or Meatwad voice amongst company.

So good luck with that.

Yeah but he was using it to answer movie trivia are a star wars premier, so he was already pretty cool.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViytdVbGafY

Someone probably posted this already, but this is the first time I've seen it so I'm posting it again.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ruddiger posted:

So good luck with that.

I dunno. We were all still laughing pretty hard at Cartman's inability to let Come Sail Away go unfinished this year, you guys.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ruddiger posted:

So good luck with that.

Rick and Morty is a show about how to be popular and cool, and why that is important.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Hey, neat: the Atlantic thinks Rick and Morty was one of the best TV shows of the last year.

Funny plus smart can too often equal mean. Rick and Morty, an animated sci-fi sitcom about the antics of a genius mad scientist and his grandson, isn’t immune to playing up its darker, nastier side. But its creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon round out that package with goofiness, self-awareness, and a deep capacity to understand its characters’ pain. In other words, barely buried underneath the chaos and sarcasm, is a whole lot of—as my colleague David Sims pointed out—heart. Add that to some of the most inventive plots you can think of (a remote control that lets you watch TV from an infinite number of realities, alien parasites that replicate by forcing their hosts to recall false memories, a rip in the space-time continuum that plays out on 16 split-screens), and you have one of the year’s hands-down best and bravest comedies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah but he was using it to answer movie trivia are a star wars premier, so he was already pretty cool.

I'm the dopest human.

No wait, poo poo, who ever this kid is, is the dopest human.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, guys, want to hear my Michael Caine?

SHE WOS OWNLY SIXTIN YEARS OWLD! I AM MICHOWL KAYNE!

Uh-oh, here comes David Bowie.

WOZZAWOZZA! I'M DZAVIDZ BOHWIE!

• Locked thread