Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Had to look up bottom buddy. I wish I were dead.

Imagine how dead inside you have to be that you would rather continue to stuff your face and have no shame in using this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'll have to watch it again. She's one of CIG's most stalwart and visible supporters, so if she's starting to show frustration and doubt then that's a pretty significant change. CIG considers AC 2.0 to be sufficiently mature to justify marketing as a finished product, splitting the packages into separate games, and of course denying refunds. That's what we're playing. Come to think of it if CIG is going to call AC 2.0 a finished product then that might mean you can request a charge back under the "quality of service or merchandise" complaint. Conveniently enough non-receipt of merchandise or services and quality of service or merchandise are the two dispute categories that Visa will consider for purchases made outside of time limits.

An excellent point. You can still issue chargeback if what you bought turn out to be complete poo poo. "Good and fun" may be ground for interpretation but nobody can argue the current release of SC is stable and functional.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Captain B'tak is such an incredible carebear is each of their posts in this thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6127836/#Comment_6127836

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

neonbregna posted:

Imagine how dead inside you have to be that you would rather continue to stuff your face and have no shame in using this

Find everyone who has to use this and shoot them into space so they can finally live their croberts fantasies.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

Find everyone who has to use this and shoot them into space so they can finally live their croberts fantasies.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alabaster White posted:

Can someone explain PAAARP to me

Sound an air horn makes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

They continue to deliver. The irony is that every single comment in that article directly proves the article 100% correct. And they still keep dragging me into their poo poo because they have NO defense against their lovely and toxic behavior; let alone their vaporware game.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly female hitboxes would be smaller. How true (and how meaningful) that would be in a game where everyone is roughly the same height and armor is commonplace enough that you sleep with your helmet on is beyond me.

It seems like it would happen given how everything is location based. What female models we've seen do look thinner than their male counterparts. Whether or not it actually matters is beyond me, my guess is that the number of people who are so pro that they would be significantly affected by the different in volume between a male and female volume is several thousand orders of magnitude less than the number of people who would bitch about that being an issue.

Also all you have to do is set the immersion spergs against the equality spergs and you can achieve balance.

They should introduce dwarfism. Lore: In the future they found a cure for dwarfism, but some space faring families breed for it on purpose for an advantage in space, since they need less food, less water, less oxygen, and less living space in ships. Then all the elite PVP min/maxers will look like this:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Angela Christine posted:

They should introduce dwarfism. Lore: In the future they found a cure for dwarfism, but some space faring families breed for it on purpose for an advantage in space, since they need less food, less water, less oxygen, and less living space in ships. Then all the elite PVP min/maxers will look like this:

I like how the advantages of having a smaller frame pilot even comes up in a freaking space sim.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

:science:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307642/suggestion-performance-at-speeds-greater-than-safe

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
10 For The Chairman is out.

Click Here to hear Chris Roberts explain that there will maybe be an additional system or two in Alpha 2.0 besides Stanton. :thumbsup:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLtUZdpkls

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

bumbles posted:

Why is a bloke called Batgirl? It's a guy.. right?.. :niggly:

Said it before and I'll say it again, mock people for being true believer shitizens. Don't mock them for things they can't help. You're literally worse than a Redditor by doing so.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

They continue to deliver. The irony is that every single comment in that article directly proves the article 100% correct. And they still keep dragging me into their poo poo because they have NO defense against their lovely and toxic behavior; let alone their vaporware game.

They drag you into their poo poo because Chris spent an entire workday writing a missive that turned you into a giant strawman for all of CIG's problems. Clearly it's worked since it's been months and they still bring you up like you're some kind of omnipresent specter of doom. Granted it also ostracized anyone who wasn't immersed in the Cult of Christ Roberts, Game Designer but those people were already checking out.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 22, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
To be fair they drag him into their poo poo because he's spent the past few months getting in their poo poo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I, for one, thank them both :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

How could you tell that was James Brand?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Click Here to hear Chris Roberts explain that there will maybe be an additional system or two in Alpha 2.0 besides Stanton. :thumbsup:

I'd rather have a crosshair.

Or birds.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
What happens when you don't touch the poop but you end up being poop yourself anyways because you're spending all your time watching poop.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mirificus posted:

How could you tell that was James Brand?

He seemed like an rear end in a top hat

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

To be fair they drag him into their poo poo because he's spent the past few months getting in their poo poo

Oh no, he dove deep. He's the loving Michale Phelps of poo poo swimming. But Chris definitely took advantage of his actions and put him on a pedestal where all the spergs could see that he is the source of all problems. I actually have to give CIG credit for doing that. It's been remarkably effective.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Angela Christine posted:

Sound an air horn makes.
Also it is a worldwide twitter hashtag sensation

https://twitter.com/hashtag/paaarp
https://twitter.com/hashtag/paaaarp
https://twitter.com/hashtag/paaaaarp

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

This "touch the poop" poo poo is embarrassing stop saying it thanks

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh no, he dove deep. He's the loving Michale Phelps of poo poo swimming. But Chris definitely took advantage of his actions and put him on a pedestal where all the spergs could see that he is the source of all problems. I actually have to give CIG credit for doing that. It's been remarkably effective.

Agreed 100%

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:choco: :feelsgood:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

What I heard is that they'll basically add mechanics and systems as they're available. So an asteroid base you land on in the Stanton system in 2.5 might be in the Nyx system in 2.6 when jump points are added. Makes sense. I'm not sure how they're going to get all that gameplay functionality done in a year though.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

PROCEDURAL

CONTENT

GENERATION

truly Crobber is the genius we all knew he is don't you see after all in a month we'll have 24 player instances instead of 16! and then 3 months from then it'll be 40 man instances! We're on our ways b o i s

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

neonbregna posted:

Very few are able to reach that point alone. You need something or usually someone called an "enabler" that tell you "Its ok to be fat, its not your fault, your beautiful inside, your can be fat and healthy, etc." so you can power trough that triple treat box with a smile.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If CIG admits and announces they have run out of money, do you think their fans would try and bail them out? Obviously, I expect CIG to be fully onboard a brand new funding campaign, but how much do you think a "Save Our BluthsCitizens" might raise?

edit: is it CIG or CGI or RSI I have no clue

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What I heard is that they'll basically add mechanics and systems as they're available. So an asteroid base you land on in the Stanton system in 2.5 might be in the Nyx system in 2.6 when jump points are added. Makes sense. I'm not sure how they're going to get all that gameplay functionality done in a year though.

They still haven't explained how it is going to be 'persistent' when things are completely instanced (oh wait, he made everyone believe it was an MMO). In addition to adding that game play while making SQ42 at the same time.

Madcosby posted:

If CGI admits and announces they have run out of money, do you think their fans would try and bail them out? Obviously, I expect CGI to be fully onboard a brand new funding campaign, but how much do you think a "Save Our BluthsCitizens" might raise?

Depends on the wording. Derek Smart and goons would be an obvious boogieman, but they'd basically be the laughing stock of the gaming world who got 100 million and blew it on expensive bullshit with no clear plan.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I think today is the reply/denial day as I also got my denied refund request. Reason being my ship is gifted, I think it will be used for griefing then.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
also those of you being denied refunds should ask when did the grace period end

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Think it would be absolutely doable if they'd stop wasting time on useless crap like the Constellation rework #27, realistic head-bob, grabby hands, etc.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

If CIG admits and announces they have run out of money, do you think their fans would try and bail them out? Obviously, I expect CIG to be fully onboard a brand new funding campaign, but how much do you think a "Save Our BluthsCitizens" might raise?

I absolutely believe they would

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

A Neurotic Jew posted:

"Cryengine doesn't really work that way, so we've been spending a lot of time and we still are spending a lot of time trying to fix and refactor that. You're sort of seeing problems that come with sort of the Cryengine old way of doing it -- 'cause really it was built as a sort of single player game."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Madcosby posted:

absolutely i expect them to try and bail them out. i bet some retards backers mortgage their houses to buy more jpegs

as for how much, depends on how "close" they are to another milestone like game release. guys if we only had another 4mil the game would definitely come out...

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Madcosby posted:

also those of you being denied refunds should ask when did the grace period end

I think the actual unironic answer is 2 weeks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EminusSleepus posted:

I think today is the reply/denial day as I also got my denied refund request. Reason being my ship is gifted, I think it will be used for griefing then.

They've been consistent about not refunding gifted ships from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The name's Brand.

James Brand

:c00lbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FzgsF2T-s

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 22, 2015

• Locked thread