Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

MarcusSA posted:

It was up for a good bit. It was up for at least 45 min because I got in on the last 100 they had available. There will be another speed pack available at 8PM PST though if you really want it.

I'm still debating on getting another speed pack I can't blow it on silk because it would be a waste of 40 bios that I could use on someone else.

Not sure if you planned on leveling uo gear past 15 but it takes bios after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grem posted:

Not sure if you planned on leveling uo gear past 15 but it takes bios after that.

Yeah I do but I figured thats more of a long term thing.

Does anyone have a like or know off hand how many bios it takes to level the gear to max? I'm curious what it takes to fill out a character.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I love the difficulty jump between the first stage of the holiday event missions and the second.

Ya good loving luck if you gently caress up and only bring one non physical damage character. Watch as Hulk laughs at you while murdering your dudes.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Does anyone have a like or know off hand how many bios it takes to level the gear to max? I'm curious what it takes to fill out a character.

Hard to say for sure because it's got a random component. Consensus seems to be 300 ish?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Holyshoot posted:

Ya good loving luck if you gently caress up and only bring one non physical damage character. Watch as Hulk laughs at you while murdering your dudes.

What are the other characters with non physical damage? I know Yellowjacket and MODOK, anyone else?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Anyone with an energy attack can do damage with that attack (and conversely, energy characters with phys attacks will have those attacks gimped).

So for instance, Iron Man, Daisy, Mr Ghost RIder, Ms Captain Marvel.

I don't know if Thor's lightning attacks count, I would assume so. Also any energy character's basic attacks work.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

I saw a post on Reddit that said if you lucked out and hit an ultra upgrade every single time, it would take you 36 bios to max a piece of equipment. More likely it's going to cost around 100+ per piece

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This ultra upgrades are legit. Hit a back to back on those.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cbx posted:

What are the other characters with non physical damage? I know Yellowjacket and MODOK, anyone else?

killed him to like 10% before my Thor died.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy poo poo I didn't think it was that many bios. Alrighty then time to start saving up.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Did we ever figure out if we should whale on crystals today or wait til tomorrow?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Reddit says the crystal sale for bonus started immediately when the sales started. You are good to go. That banner is Korean time.

You can FREE WILLY style now and empty the ATM.

If you want to be safe though, do it tomorrow. Your call.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

This ultra upgrades are legit. Hit a back to back on those.

Same, anecdotal evidence makes me think it's easier to hit it on the earlier upgrades, perhaps to trick you into not realizing what a terrible slog it's going to become later. My War Machine's gun is at level 19, I can't even imagine trying to get War Wolf's weapon there, or god forbid Sister Grimm

I do really like that, other than the bios, all the other ingredients are in token amounts. Going from 150 dimension shards to 2 or whatever was nice

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 22, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What are the shards for? I realize I have a lot and don't know why. I'm bad but whale so hard

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hey so an actual helpful post.
Page 7 near the bottom is a very handy chart that shows the xp with each different event, level or daily

Since getting past 40 I find it gets a little easier. Not quicker, but easier. My Nico is 55 and I can auto around at least a level a day for her while powerleveling others.
Figure out what you stage you can grind and keep at it

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What are the shards for? I realize I have a lot and don't know why. I'm bad but whale so hard

Which ones? Do you mean the Dimension Debris? That's gear improvement material that you need thousands of when you start getting into the +10 region of upgrades.
If you mean the Norn Stones, you need those for Mastery, coded by a character's base type. That's extra stat improvement and unlocks leadership skills/upgrades them, for each star of Mastery.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
This is one of the few games where the reddit community is actually more then reasonable. (main forum people are poo poo) They are pretty positive, reasonable and always give good advice and have guides on everything from ISO to leveling and love spreadsheets.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

If you mean dimension rift shards, they are for upgrading gear from like 10 to 15. If you think you have a lot, I promise you don't. (unless it's like 1K, even then thats not enough for more then 1 character)
The rates also jump drastically.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

most optimal way to spend $50 on whaling out?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

most optimal way to spend $50 on whaling out?

Spend $30'and $30 for the norn stones and bios (100). Just find a way to split that for bios.

So find $10.

trem
Sep 17, 2009
the best way to spend $50 is to spend $60 -icr 2015

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Math checks out. Whitelister status approved.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ICR got me to spend an extra $10 without even trying

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: :whalesong: 15 minutes before the sale comes back!!!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Apology gifts of 100 energy, 100K gold, and 6* ISO-8!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Now to figure out if I want to finish spending my crystal allotment already on these speed bios for Silk, or wait and try my luck on the Sister Grimm sale...

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Christmas Time, Don't let the Hot Time End

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

kukuu kukuu (whale noises)

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Not empty quoting this because I got my Speed Pack. The whalesong embraces another victim.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

30 seconds in and they had already sold 500+ speed packs.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Sweet mother of God

Other news got in on the same easy this time.
Got silk to 6!

Debating who should be my last 6 to wreck at pvp and life besides Nico and silk. Strongly considering singularity.

Edit what iso does silk want btw?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Got my speed pack too! I thought I had enough crystals but I was short by like 80, so I had to actually buy some for three bucks. Shameful.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Is the silk bleedership ability good?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

five star spider-gwen yalllllllllllllllllllll

Whaling For Waifus the new hit reality series coming this fall to Fox

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

You are all human whales

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Woop, got the speed pack! And I did it entirely with grinded crystals, so I am fit as hell and equipped with lungs, two downward facing blowholes yall

First thing I did was waste 400k trying to get an 8-iso bonus on elsa (failed), Me Urm Smurt

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

godface zillah posted:

Is the silk bleedership ability good?

I think so? I'm curious for perspective on this too all. We have a ton of Silk players. Would love the thoughts.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
I'm sure it is in theory and if you have a good enough crit rate.

However, I barely notice it cropping up because she's already a whirlwind of death.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I guess it's probably good for modes where the baddie has a ton of hp, like Villain Siege, Team-Up, and Cosmic Midtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
600k down the drain and I haven't even rolled a single 8 iso set. Yeehaw!

A day or 2 from now, once the sale goes live, someone new will be 6 star.
Is there a better pick than singularity to rock out with silk and Nico?

• Locked thread