Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
i've been asked to train my indian replacement in exchange for not being fired for two months, life is unfair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

just bought a fancy SLR pro camera, now where's the night mode on this thing

gota custom that firmware. open soure camera

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wyoak posted:

i've been asked to train my indian replacement in exchange for not being fired for two months, life is unfair
*59 days later*
hi this is ben from hr, part of your severance agreement included a nondisclosure clause forbidding you from discussing this transition, I'm sorry but we're going to have to cancel the rest of your compensation and you have 30 days to refund money disbursed to date
[4 kilobyte email sig]

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

wyoak posted:

Two months paid time to look for a job, plus severance, you could be doing a lot worse.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
sure im just a contractor but the guy at the agency said they often promote contractors to full-time permanent status if they work hard enough so im gonna give this job 110%!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FMguru posted:

sure im just a contractor but the guy at the agency said they often promote contractors to full-time permanent status if they work hard enough so im gonna give this job 110%!

ooc: this literally happened to me but I know I'm lucky because we have to let good contractors go at 18 months all the time and it bloooooows

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my entire resume is "job title" via adecco

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i used my brother in law as my third reference because i don't know three people who respect me as a peer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

THC posted:

just bought a fancy SLR pro camera, now where's the night mode on this thing

What did you do to my camera? Why's it not working? You broke it... Ugh, you took it off green square. Don't use these other ones, they don't work.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i use my work email as my default address

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
bank didn't have enough cash to cash my payroll check. guess I should just go to the check cashing place... :(

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

bank didn't have enough cash to cash my payroll check. guess I should just go to the check cashing place... :(

I think you mean bank wanted to put a 24 hour hold on cashing my paycheck guess I should just go to the check cashing place... :(

ooc: the max 5 figgie paycheck assuming 1099 so no withholding is 4 grand and if a bank didn't have that in cash that would be a big problem

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

psh look at these fancy motherfuckers using banks. use a liquor store like a real american

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

qirex posted:

I think you mean bank wanted to put a 24 hour hold on cashing my paycheck guess I should just go to the check cashing place... :(

ooc: the max 5 figgie paycheck assuming 1099 so no withholding is 4 grand and if a bank didn't have that in cash that would be a big problem

ooc: witnessed this irl, it was the end of the day at a small branch. they only had small bills on hand.

can't get a bank account. :(

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

wyoak posted:

this is obviously the only course of action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvY6YQH9kE4

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
i wasn't serious about getting my job outsourced, it was a two part series that was interrupted rudely by a page break

wyoak posted:

mcdonalds is rolling out self ordering machines, serves the cashiers right for asking for a raise

wyoak posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i am both able to and desire to take advantage of this deal

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

can't get a bank account. :(
i still don't get how people can't get bank accounts. i thought you just walked in there and said "i need a savings account" and they go "ok here it is"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
if you or your parents wrote hot checks in your name you can't get an account ever.

a few of my hs friends had that happen. even now 20 years later they have to use check cashing places because they are in the Chex system and can't use banks at all.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beast of Bourbon posted:

if you or your parents wrote hot checks in your name you can't get an account ever.

a few of my hs friends had that happen. even now 20 years later they have to use check cashing places because they are in the Chex system and can't use banks at all.

that's ridiculous. i would have thought it would last on your record for like 7 years, in the manner of a bankruptcy or car accident. not your whole life. wtf

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
apparently in like 09 Obama signed a thing to make it like 10 years but it wasn't retroactive.

I have a lot of friends with dead beat dads who still write hot checks / open lines of credit in their kids names and "well, he means well and he'll pay me back one day!" which I guess is totally fitting thing for the 5 doggies thread

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

apparently in like 09 Obama signed a thing to make it like 10 years but it wasn't retroactive.

I have a lot of friends with dead beat dads who still write hot checks / open lines of credit in their kids names and "well, he means well and he'll pay me back one day!" which I guess is totally fitting thing for the 5 doggies thread
why would anyone let anybody else open a line of credit in their name

do your friends have brains?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i cant tell when people are in or out of character in the RP a 5 figgy FuckTard ITT thread

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

craisins posted:

my brosef i believe there may be fraud involved:ohdear:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

craisins posted:

ooc: i had a coworker with this issue except her mom & dad never asked and it eventually came down to her suing her parents and putting them in prison for 20+ years lol

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
i call all forms of financial compensation "wages" and i am unable to even conceptualise the idea of being compensated for a job in a form that is not receiving cash in a small envelope once a week

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
i think we should look after homeless veterans before taking on any refugees

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
i go on short trips to las vegas and think its an enjoyable and fulfilling experience, then later i utter the words

what happens in vegas stays in vegas

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
why are we, as a nation, trying to fix the world when our own homeland is crumbling apart

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cadenza posted:

i go to las vegas and think its enjoyable

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
vegas owns. this isnt the "RP a prude, puritanical simpering fag" thread.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i like to call it "lost wages!"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

vegas owns

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i go to vegas and pay for stuff myself instead of on the corporate amex

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Smythe posted:

vegas owns. this isnt the "RP a prude, puritanical simpering fag" thread.

yeah that would just be redundant

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Space-Pope posted:

i like to call it "lost wages!"

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
vegas doesn't "own" but it's ok for like 3 days max as long as you're drunk 100% of the time

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ooc: smythe was clearly posting in character as a five figure earning loving 'tard

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Cat Face Joe posted:

i used my brother in law as my third reference because i don't know three people who respect me as a peer
i use my parole officer as a reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

*slathers ranch dressing on white lettuce*

• Locked thread