Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
seriously. apple maps works just fine in cupertino, so i dont see what the problem is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

broken clock opsec posted:

if you were truly dedicated to the righteous cause of the best mobile operating system on the best mobile hardware written by the best company who also makes the best computers with the best desktop UNIX operating system in the world then you would move somewhere where apple maps works instead of trying to use it somewhere where it doesn't

:911:

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

what'd they do? I love those guys

the sales rep in my area is cute :3

creative book shuffling with 'reverse takeover' by some irish company so they aren't technically an US company anymore and only subjected to ireland's 12.5% tax

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

DaNzA posted:

creative book shuffling with 'reverse takeover' by some irish company so they aren't technically an US company anymore and only subjected to ireland's 12.5% tax

that's complete bullshit

EDIT: oh unless you're talking about pfizer

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 21, 2015

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sounds geniud

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the iphone has the best camera cause apple has 800 ppl that only work on it

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-has-800-engineers-obsessing-over-this-one-part-of-your-iphone-2015-12?op=1

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaNzA posted:

sounds like a sophisticated scheme to avoid taxes imo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

thx for the clickbait

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

sounds like a rational move to make since the US tax code sucks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

bobbilljim posted:

why haven't they made apple maps work yet

works perfectly for me op

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
TC should have asked all those congresspeople how much extra taxes they pay beyond what is required, since they have implied that is patriotic behavior

but yeah i watched a bit of that 60 minutes and the camera part aws cool. it also makes me thing being an engineer would be really boring. jonny ive is weird

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

im trying to send someone music + playlists on a flash drive. if i edit the m3u playlists to change from, for instance

code:
#EXTINF:315,Odessa - Caribou
/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Caribou/Swim/01 Odessa.mp3
to

code:
#EXTINF:315,Odessa - Caribou
~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Caribou/Swim/01 Odessa.mp3
will it import correctly on their computer?

e: evidently not. gently caress. why is this hard

e2: it works with xml playlists because of the "file://" thing. apparently no one else on the internet has figured this out. whoo

e3: except the XML file also has the itunes persistent ID and other poo poo that could gently caress everything up. what the hell ahaha.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 21, 2015

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

800 people saying in unison: "more noise reduction! filter harder! all our photos must look like someone has applied a lovely watercolour filter, even if taken in broad daylight"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

DuckConference posted:

800 people saying in unison: "more noise reduction! filter harder! all our photos must look like someone has applied a lovely watercolour filter, even if taken in broad daylight"

iphone camera is best in class actually

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
meanwhile in android land:

10 people saying in unison "i dunno, just more pixels i guess?"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"sure, the phone is shoddily designed, constructed and loaded with compromised, shoddy software but the camera sure is great!" - post-4s iphone supporters

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Stymie posted:

"sure, the phone is shoddily designed, constructed and loaded with compromised, shoddy software but the camera sure is great!" - post-4s iphone supporters

actually the phone is perfectly designed by the brilliant mind of st ives, constructed with care and compassion, loaded with the best software on the planet AND has a fantastic camera.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's not a single thing about older iphone cameras that's better than today's models

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

there's not a single thing about older iphone cameras that's better than today's models

zero wart properties

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whoo boy, let me tell you about those cameras, how great are they?

no, the phone itself is just bad, but lordy lord what cameras!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

actually the iphone only continues to get better with every iteration, its actually super nice

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i mean its cool that you are happy with your phone and whatever os it has on it, but might i humbly suggest you update to the latest and greatest thing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Athletic Footjob posted:

zero wart properties

that's not a function of the camera, they just made the rest of the phone too thin

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

whatever happened to that one site that had the iphone in like 8th place in camera quality behind literally every 2015 android flagship? i think they would have an issue with calling the camera "the best"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

carry on then posted:

whatever happened to that one site that had the iphone in like 8th place in camera quality behind literally every 2015 android flagship? i think they would have an issue with calling the camera "the best"

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

eh, the two other higher rated mobile phones were the s6 and sony z5, the z5 has sony sensor but had terrible UI lag and has the terrible snapdragon 810 while some of the samsung s6 has the sony sensor while other s6 has samsung's own isocell sensors

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
also with the iphone the way to get the best pictures from it is to point it at what u want and take a pic. androidfailures require u to endlessly tweak like its a real camera without being as good as real camera. instant fail. 0/10

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ios takes like 30 minutes to take a pic and they suck. ios is garbage poo poo for idiots.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

ios takes like 30 minutes to take a pic and they suck. ios is garbage poo poo for idiots.

shagger :D

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if u want a good phone os the only way to go is Windows 10.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
no such thing as a good os

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Stux posted:

works perfectly for me op

actually, it does not

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

graph posted:

shagger :D

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Athletic Footjob posted:

no such thing as a good os

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

you're not even trying anymore

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

yeah shagger wrt his Windows 10 phone is massive fail

and by massive fail i mean a complete fabrication because we all know he uses an iPhone 6s

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

where's the unboxing video

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

bobbilljim posted:

actually, it does not

it does for me

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

welcum to the social

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

welcum to the social

:69snypa:

hold on, i'll squirt you a file

• Locked thread