Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's up to the state election board to determine who the vote was issued for. In this case Donald Trump, Don Trump, and probably a bunch of creative variations like Doneld Trump, The Don, TRUNP, etc, would most likely all be scored for the same person. And lets be honest, if this election is for some reason an unprecedented case in American history, and there are are millions of write in votes for some variation of Donald Trump, it's not really a question who they mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Powercrazy posted:

It's up to the state election board to determine who the vote was issued for. In this case Donald Trump, Don Trump, and probably a bunch of creative variations like Doneld Trump, The Don, TRUNP, etc, would most likely all be scored for the same person. And lets be honest, if this election is for some reason an unprecedented case in American history, and there are are millions of write in votes for some variation of Donald Trump, it's not really a question who they mean.

that's actually a great point. it would be funny as hell to see how many different ways write-in votes would butcher his name.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

What if some other donald trump held a press conference and was like hey, I'm the guy! I'm runnin!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

a cop posted:

What if some other donald trump held a press conference and was like hey, I'm the guy! I'm runnin!

I already feel bad for anybody living in the US with the name Donald Trump.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Donald J. Trump---the really rich one that owns Trump Tower and is very classy and high energy, not another LOSER Donald J. Trump. Hope that would work.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

eric posted:

Jeb really doesn't want to do this any more but he can't quit until the first primary because of all the money he's taken.

What happens to all that money when he drops out?

e: I don't know why I post when I can google, but:

"According to the FEC, if a candidate for federal office (a presidential hopeful, say) loses and is a congressperson, he or she can roll over unused money into a re-election kitty. They can also repay themselves for personal funds used during the campaign up to a certain amount, depending on the race and when those funds were used. They can contribute the dollars to a charity. Candidates may also return money to contributors, but determining who gets how much is a delicate operation avoided by most, if not all, candidates. For local elections, state rules vary.

“The rule is that [campaign donations] can’t be used for personal use,” says FEC spokesperson Bob Biersack.

Mr. Biersack also said candidates commonly shift leftover monies into the party’s general fund. In 2004, both Senator John Kerry and President George Bush donated leftover primary money to the Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committee, respectively."

more: http://blogs.wsj.com/wallet/2008/11/04/what-happens-to-leftover-campaign-money/

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

etalian posted:

They also talked about switching the format to a brokered convention in order to stump the Trump

They also talked about even backing :shillary: if he got the nom. gently caress the GOP.

We need God Emperor Trump. :cheers:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
But most of the JEB!!! money is in a Super PAC. Who knows what happens with that.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Michael Corleone posted:

But most of the JEB!!! money is in a Super PAC. Who knows what happens with that.

It becomes the 'Anyone but Trump' fund

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Immortan posted:

They also talked about even backing :shillary: if he got the nom. gently caress the GOP.

You're luxurious golden emperor wouldn't be elected if :shillary: received 75% of the votes, buddy.

But, I mean yeah gently caress the GOP as hard as possible.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Some loser boy who is even more of a loser than Bush just dropped out of the loser list for GOP nominations. Couldn't handle the Trump. CMON JEB You're next!

E:
What do I have to do to get one of those trump towers in my av?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Microwaves Mom posted:

Some loser boy who is even more of a loser than Bush just dropped out of the loser list for GOP nominations. Couldn't handle the Trump. CMON JEB You're next!

E:
What do I have to do to get one of those trump towers in my av?

Buy a new avatar and put it between [img] tags into your title, I think?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Trump rally in an hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFzo3dYiZ-I

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Immortan posted:

There's an alternate reality where Hillary Clinton runs for and secures the GOP nomination and leads it back to sanity, rather than whatever it is that's been happening lately.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
Cross-posting:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SnakePlissken posted:

Cross-posting:

:monocle:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Cross-self-posting:

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump rally in 50 minutes if you would watch such a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFzo3dYiZ-I

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What will they do to the inevitable protestor this time

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Uncle Wemus posted:

What will they do to the inevitable protestor this time

remember the end of braveheart

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Love these roylaty-free jams.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

a cop posted:

Love these roylaty-free jams.

downright classy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

goddamn he's good at this

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
hes got his A game tonight, his cold must be gone

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

What are you talking about? I worked on the Obama campaign, both times, and I would again. In 2016, I am voting Trump. There are a lot of people like me.

Wowzers

fun tunnel
Feb 16, 2007

that boys so lovely
"I wouldn't kill them. But I hate them." Trump on Journalists.

beautiful

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
That's right, some of us want GLORY and not just the dull, cynical slow decline. gently caress that (the latter bit)

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So when is Trump going to drop the last bit of pretense and change his slogan to "Make America White Again"?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Who What Now posted:

So when is Trump going to drop the last bit of pretense and change his slogan to "Make America White Again"?

ask frank luntzs focus groups

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Frank Luntz looks like those pedophiles from Law & Order.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I mean look at this:

:barf:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
bizarro patton oswalt

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

he has the elliptical pupils of a serpent

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

bizarro patton oswalt

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

when I think, "who are those people hiding behind glory holes?", this is what I come up with

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Maoist Pussy posted:

Just don't stand near the terrorist training facility. How is that difficult.

the whole city could be infected. we need to bomb the entire eastern iowa region until we have a handle of what is going on

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Maoist Pussy posted:

What are you talking about? I worked on the Obama campaign, both times, and I would again. In 2016, I am voting Trump. There are a lot of people like me.
Is there anything that Obama and Trump have in common, which draws you to either of them?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Votes for tallest candidate in any given race.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Kilroy posted:

Is there anything that Obama and Trump have in common, which draws you to either of them?

For me it's that they're both top-tier trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Kilroy posted:

the only thing they have in common is their social media command, stemming from their oratory. Both are great at talking a good game, only compared to Obama Wan's new hope we have Darth Trump's xenophobic force awakening.

• Locked thread