Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Get maybe a new sprocket.

Handlebars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

mcvey posted:

Get maybe a new sprocket.

Handlebars.

I have been opening cases for years in order to buy some new pedals, but I have not opened a knife. :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fat Lou posted:

I have been opening cases for years in order to buy some new pedals, but I have not opened a knife. :(

I can donate 3 Shadow cases and two other random ones for you to waste money on if you want :D

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I bought a knife for myself today but I had to buy it on my old acct due to some issue with opskins and in trading it with myself I have to wait 24 hours so basically I'm owned

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
couldnt u trade the knife which u never use and sux for some skins u actually like??????????????? im just saying.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Alright cs thread I got one for you: say you could remove one weapon from the game. Which one would you pick?
I'd go with the cz75 so I can get more dual Beretta fights.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Glock

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

P2000

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Autoshotgun

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
AWP

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Remove everything except the Nova

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Alright cs thread I got one for you: say you could remove one weapon from the game. Which one would you pick?
I'd go with the cz75 so I can get more dual Beretta fights.
P250

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

is the only right answer

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Sell it now, never have to top up your just bad account again this year!

Don't sell poo poo on the Steam market right before/during the big sales, everything drops in price because a million other fuckers are doing the same thing

DO buy items though, if there's ever a time to "invest" (lmao) in your Steam inventory, it's now.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

qhat posted:

Here's a better idea. Cash it out for real money which you can use on real items IRL and not just dumb video game things.

Sounds like something a terrorist would say.

Edit: ^^^^ that too.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'd remove the A1-S or Tek-9. Although you could probably balance the Tek, so I'd remove A1-S outright. Put optional silencer on M4A4 and have that make it marginally worse.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jeza posted:

I'd remove the A1-S or Tek-9. Although you could probably balance the Tek, so I'd remove A1-S outright. Put optional silencer on M4A4 and have that make it marginally worse.

I only really use the A1 because of the silencer, so that needs to stay in the game as an option.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A1s is better and Jeza is saying he knows that and doesn't like it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SCAR-20/G3, because gently caress you sleppy I hate that thing. :mad:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
remove the ak so everyone learns to love the sg

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Just realized the sig is 3000. I always thought it was 3300 or 3500

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
AK + HE or SG?

SG no contest imo (but I am bad at this game)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AK and smoke.

Every. Time.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
well duh

but if i have 4300 i'm probably buying armor/helm + sg + smoke instead of armor/helm + ak + smoke + he/flash

but again that is because I Am A Bad CS Player That Makes Questionable Decisions

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
More grenades = better than. I can't shoot for poo poo and grenades are a great good decent sometimes sufficient equalizer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

well duh

but if i have 4300 i'm probably buying armor/helm + sg + smoke instead of armor/helm + ak + smoke + he/flash

but again that is because I Am A Bad CS Player That Makes Questionable Decisions

If it helps you then go for it, HE nades are useful but I would argue they're the least useful of the 5. I think the SG's value over the AK is super situational for most people, though, and that nades are almost always going to give you more map control and ability to push than the SG will over the AK. I would say, even in your circumstance, prioritize something like this: Armor (without helmet) > AK > Smoke > Armor (with helmet) > Flash > SG replaces AK > Second flash > Firebomb or HE depending on remaining funds > Pistol

e: In other words, if you can't afford head armor, smoke, flash AND SG, then get an AK but otherwise go for it if it helps.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 22, 2015

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The SG recently has been kind of a confidence thing for me and I'm not sure why. I've been unable to reliably tap with the AK but I can dink motherfuckers left and right with this thing

I agree with you in general though I just need to get my mojo back

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The extra 300 for the SG is the least of its problems in comparison to the AK considering how relatively cheap getting a full buy as a terrorist is unless you can never get the bomb down.

I never really considered the drawbacks until I started meeting the worst aimlords at global or especially places like ESEA, but the 100 milliseconds you spend bringing up the scope is the 100 ms they use to lock onto your head and will cause you to lose a lot of duels you otherwise wouldn't, and even if you're not scoping and you miss the initial headshot and it turns into a spray battle, any other main rifle will have an advantage over you in terms of recoil control. It also seems pretty insignificant on its face, but the reduced movement speed of the SG (especially scoped in) compared to the AK makes it noticably worse at entry fragging since the AK allows you to fly into sites and stutterstep to shoot at your leisure while you're comparatively speaking stuck in molasses with the SG.

The only reason I can use the SG effectively at higher levels is that I'm comfortable (scoped) spraying it at longer ranges than any other weapon in the game, if I had to rely on the single tap accuracy most people talk about when they say they use the SG, I'd much rather have the AK and it's mobility nine times out of ten.

I love the SG and it's my favorite weapon in the game, but as is often repeated here, there's a reason why the pros aren't using it over the AK and it's not that they somehow haven't discovered how good the gun is.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 22, 2015

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

BabeLiker90 posted:

Autoshotgun

Dude...no way! What did it ever do to you?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

The extra 300 for the SG is the least of its problems in comparison to the AK considering how relatively cheap getting a full buy as a terrorist is unless you can never get the bomb down.

I never really considered the drawbacks until I started meeting the worst aimlords at global or especially places like ESEA, but the 100 milliseconds you spend bringing up the scope is the 100 ms they use to lock onto your head and will cause you to lose a lot of duels you otherwise wouldn't, and even if you're not scoping and you miss the initial headshot and it turns into a spray battle, any other main rifle will have an advantage over you in terms of recoil control. It also seems pretty insignificant on its face, but the reduced movement speed of the SG (especially scoped in) compared to the AK makes it noticably worse at entry fragging since the AK allows you to fly into sites and stutterstep to shoot at your leisure while you're comparatively speaking stuck in molasses with the SG.

The only reason I can use the SG effectively at higher levels is that I'm comfortable (scoped) spraying it at longer ranges than any other weapon in the game, if I had to rely on the single tap accuracy most people talk about when they say they use the SG, I'd much rather have the AK and it's mobility nine times out of ten.

I love the SG and it's my favorite weapon in the game, but as is often repeated here, there's a reason why the pros aren't using it over the AK and it's not that they somehow haven't discovered how good the gun is.

I use the SG unscoped when I do use it for the extra pen (good example is coming out of A ramp on mirage) and once in a great while to counter the awp at long A but would agree that it is generally worse

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Apparently, there is such a thing as globals who don't know what the default plant spot on A site inferno is.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Grapplejack posted:

P90. gently caress that lovely noob crutch and everyone who uses it.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

CZ

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Steam market running sooooooo slooooooooooow

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BabeLiker90 posted:

Steam market running sooooooo slooooooooooow

What knife did you buy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

exethan posted:

What knife did you buy

I got two skins, ww case hardened butterfly knife and an ak point disarray fn

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

So gonna preface this by saying if you are a dick, or grossed about by birth defects don't click the link. I don't give a poo poo what you think.

I'm looking to upgrade my keyboard to mechanical, but based on my current WASD method I don't know if it will be too good of an idea.

To play I essentially do (it's a picture of a stump, full warning if you are squeamish) this with my left stump. I can move forwards, backwards, side to side by basically rocking back and forth, I don't put a huge amount of pressure on it. Would a mechanical keyboard be too "clicky" for me?

I was also considering a keypad, but the elevation I see probably wouldn't work.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I love the look of the A4 model, and a silencer added onto it would be lovely. Aesthetically pleasing for sure.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
SG is a super nice pickup for CT's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Famethrowa posted:

So gonna preface this by saying if you are a dick, or grossed about by birth defects don't click the link. I don't give a poo poo what you think.

I'm looking to upgrade my keyboard to mechanical, but based on my current WASD method I don't know if it will be too good of an idea.

To play I essentially do (it's a picture of a stump, full warning if you are squeamish) this with my left stump. I can move forwards, backwards, side to side by basically rocking back and forth, I don't put a huge amount of pressure on it. Would a mechanical keyboard be too "clicky" for me?

I was also considering a keypad, but the elevation I see probably wouldn't work.

woah

• Locked thread