Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

Ask me about sitting Danny Woodhead for Lamar Miller in not one, but two leagues.

Started Miller and Ivory over Woodhead in one, and Lacy and Hightower over Woodhead in the other. Goddamn. But that would've been a huge leap of faith to start Woodhead, he's been invisible lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So I'm getting 500 or 1.5k depending on if I win this weekend. This is a work league and I got pulled in by one of the family in a family business as the guy who can get his team there (obviously worked so far) but the problem is this: I'm facing the boss.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHYUGFHGHH

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Congrats to everyone who made their championship game.

Everyone who's eliminated, pull up a chair, we;ve been waiting for you.

Week 17 championship people, join a better league.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Beat the commish for a championship spot who was heavily favored and who beat me earlier this season and afterwards messaged "Suck my dick rookie biotch!!!"

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Made it to the 'ship in one league, and the final round of the consolation bracket in the other (winner gets first choice of draft position next year). Not too shabby.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

In the championship in 2 leagues, bombed out this week in the other league that I was 13-1 in to a guy that had his best week all year. Oh well.

Guaranteed at least $150 in my money league, $350 if I win.

Other league I'm in the finals in is a 2 QB league. I had the first pick and drafted Luck, and my other QB was Brees. I'm now riding Brees/Osweiler to victory! I had a week or two of Hasselbeck/Osweiler I think, it was bad.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Needed 28 from Hightower and Megatron... Didn't end well.

Trading for Megatron earlier in the season because of this exact juicy playoff matchup did not work well. At all!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Not winning any money this year, but made four playoffs in five leagues, missed the cutoff of the fifth by three points, and I am in the final round for two of them. Can't complain too much about that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IDP players are super random and terrible for non hardcore fantasy people.

This has been my opinion, thanks for listening.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Made the finals in 2 of my 3 leagues! :) Own OBJ in both! :(

There's no way his suspension is overturned. The only hope was that he got to play while waiting for his hearing.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

So I made the finals but the other semifinal game was up in the air - dude was down 6.7 with only Tim Hightower to go. The last 18 yard play of the game was the decider - they were tied up at that point and the tiebreaker in our league in the playoffs is bench points. Holy poo poo I feel bad for that guy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Made the finals in one league, just sent a prize split offer to my opponent since his team looks way better than mine. Here's hoping!

edit: I play Russell Wilson (vSTL) over Blake Bortles (@NO), correct? Wilson has been ridiculously lately but Bortles' has an extremely good matchup. I think the fact that my opponent is starting Robinson/Hurns at WR is messing with my ability to make an objective decision (I know it shouldn't matter).

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Rorobb posted:

So I made the finals but the other semifinal game was up in the air - dude was down 6.7 with only Tim Hightower to go. The last 18 yard play of the game was the decider - they were tied up at that point and the tiebreaker in our league in the playoffs is bench points. Holy poo poo I feel bad for that guy.

Even worse is the fact that he would have won if he just didn't start a D/ST at all.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I lost by .10 of a point all because of that last Tim Hightower catch. The one that ended the game.

I had Snead and Megatron against his Tim Hightower. LOL.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Lost by 1 point because of the extra point on that last NO touchdown. I blame it all on Eddie Lacy, gently caress him.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't see a sit/start thread, I'm assuming it's been rolled into this one...that's what happened last year anyways. Help me win all the marbles goons! Here's my current championship game...any changes I should make?
0 ppr ESPN

I could also grab a few decent names from the waiver:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don't want to outsmart myself here but Bort at NO over Russell this week is tempting as hell

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5ppr, which RB would you play if you could only play one?

LMiller vs Ind
Latavius Murray vs SD
Charmander vs Cle

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'd go Charmander. You never know how many carries they'll bother giving Miller, and Murray's been nothing special.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Murray gets the volume though and has a great matchup against SD this week. It's a tough call between him and Charmander I think.

I'm semi-confidently starting Murray this week.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I was down 6 points with Matt Prater left to play. The Lions scored 35 godamn points and Prater hit 5 extra points and loving missed his only field goal attempt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I made the title game in my big money league! $2500 on the line. Only problem is my starting RB's are McCoy and Lacy. I've got Hightower and Mathews as backups. Hopefully I can grab Karlos Williams off waivers. I have a better waiver priority than my opponent, so I just have to hope an eliminated team doesn't grab him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm leaning Murray or Charmander over Miller myself. Ware coming back worries me, and LMurray has been pretty lackluster and hasn't gotten passing work in weeks.

All 3 have good matchups. Does the fact that LMurray's game is Thursday change any ones' mind?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

the_american_dream posted:

I don't want to outsmart myself here but Bort at NO over Russell this week is tempting as hell

As a guy who stupidly started Jameis Winston vs the Saints over Russell Wilson, I personally say stick with Russell.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I'm in the championship bracket and I'm going to get my rear end handed to me:

I'm likely going to pick up the kicker they're recommending, but it absolutely breaks my heart that the best available DST is Houston. They're doing alright, but nothing like what he's got. I've got the waivers available, would it be smart to go through all three recommendations and pick them up?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Who is your favorite QB to go off from this grouping:
Bridgewater @ NYG
Cousins @ PHI
Bradford @ WAS

I think all three are decent streaming options but I can't decide who I want. I have Cousins and he helped to get me to the finals but the other guy has Desean and I think I'd rather gamble that he has a bad game on the road and pray that reflects on Desean.

OldHansMoleman
Jan 4, 2004
I Hate Myself
Would I be insane or just a traitor to my hometown if I benched Phil Rivers for Kirk Cousins and started the Oakland defense over the Pittsburgh defense? I'm terrified of Oakland putting Rivers on his butt all game.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

BabeLiker90 posted:

Bridgewater @ NYG
Cousins @ PHI
Bradford @ WAS

I think all three are decent streaming options but I can't decide who I want. I have Cousins and he helped to get me to the finals but the other guy has Desean and I think I'd rather gamble that he has a bad game on the road and pray that reflects on Desean.

Cousins, easily. Don't overthink it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BabeLiker90 posted:

Bridgewater @ NYG
Cousins @ PHI
Bradford @ WAS

Cousins has been an elite quarterback the last few games. The only reason I'm not starting him is BORTLE KOMBAT.

Also gently caress me for trading away Latavius Murray. I would kill to start him over the shitshow options of Bryce Brown, Ryan Matthews, and Brandon Bolden.

God Dammit I loving Hate Injuries
Pick a RB and a Flex in a half PPR:

Brandon Bolden (@NYJ)
Bryce Brown (StL)
Dez Bryant (@Buf)
Travis Kelce (Cle)
Stefon Diggs (NYG)
Ryan Matthews (Wsh)
Fozzy Whittake (@Atl)

Jeremy Langford, Christine Michael, Rashad Jennings, Cameron Artis-Payne, and all of the Detroit RBs are also available on the WW. Who knows what I might get.

Thoughts?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I am in a bit of a pickle for Championship week. My dynasty league only allows 25 waiver moves a season, I'm at 24. So with my last waiver move do I upgrade my Kicker or Defense?

K: Justin Tucker
DSTs: GB and Cinci

Available
K:
McManus
Dustin Hopkins
Jason Myers

DST:
Oakland
Detroit

I'm leaning kicker or standing pat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LmaoTheKid posted:

I posted that way before I started posting in the TFF thread and I like to think i've been pretty honest about not liking what OBJ did.

He's right though, it's pretty much coming off as "You know how Beckham was a crybaby bitch and cheapshotted Norman with a vicious, dangerous helmet to helmet hit? Well did you consider maybe... he deserved it?"

LmaoTheKid posted:

Week 17 championship people, join a better league.

:smith:

If my league hadn't been changed at the last second, I'd be in the championship game against a dude whose QB is Brees, #1 WR is Beckham, and is probably going to have to start Lacy this week

cool kids inc. posted:

I'm in the championship bracket and I'm going to get my rear end handed to me:

I'm likely going to pick up the kicker they're recommending, but it absolutely breaks my heart that the best available DST is Houston. They're doing alright, but nothing like what he's got. I've got the waivers available, would it be smart to go through all three recommendations and pick them up?

The Texans are playing the Mettenberger-led Titans this week

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 22, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm a Giants fan and I lost a lot of respect for ODB. He absolutely deserves the suspension. He could have ended Norman's career with that hit. Both players were acting equally childish up to that point, but he completely lost control there, and you just can't do that. It was an absolutely shameful display. Honestly I'm surprised Coughlin didn't bench him.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RCarr posted:

I'm a Giants fan and I lost a lot of respect for ODB. He absolutely deserves the suspension. He could have ended Norman's career with that hit. Both players were acting equally childish up to that point, but he completely lost control there, and you just can't do that. It was an absolutely shameful display. Honestly I'm surprised Coughlin didn't bench him.

Coaches are capitulating weaklings when it comes to star players.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Intruder posted:

The Texans are playing the Mettenberger-led Titans this week

That's...a very good point! Picked them up, and Santos too. Keeping Palmer for now, we'll see if that's enough (it won't be, but hey, fingers crossed, maybe he'll have a bad game).

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Hey guys, check out my awesome team on the left. Miraculously playing for the championship, I'm terrified of his WRs, as I have 2 of the 3 starting in my main league championship (Brown and Alshon).

Started 5-1, ended 8-6 and knocked out the 1 seed last week with this lineup:

With a flex of Bryce Brown, oh boy.

Lost Keenan Allen, Ingram, and Dalton so far this season. And cut Baldwin before the bye, great move on my part.

Rick Grimes fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 22, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I think I'm going to start the Steelers D over the Bengals this week. The Broncos defense is going to get them so many chances with a short field against AJ freaking McCarron, meanwhile I feel like the Steelers should be able to stop Jimmy Clausen

The only other halfway decent options I see on the wire are the Raiders against SD and maybe Buffalo against Dallas

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
How am I looking? I put Sammy in over OBJ, but thinking of trying to get Rueben Randle on the WW.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Started Miller and Ivory over Woodhead in one, and Lacy and Hightower over Woodhead in the other. Goddamn. But that would've been a huge leap of faith to start Woodhead, he's been invisible lately.

There was no reason to think Woodhead was going to have a great game given his recent track record.

I keep repeating to myself, sobbing.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Here's my championship squad, and i'm having a tough time with the lineup. 0 ppr standard yahoo scoring

Walker has a poo poo matchup, but is crushing it. Big Ben gets a ridiculous matchup and i'm terrified of cam getting benched a the half or something. I hate aj green's matchup and I could roll the cam2ginn dice.

Ugh, this is stressing me out way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I've got Fitzpatrick, but Carr is available on the wire. Carr is v SD on a Thursday and Fitz and v NE. Worth it to do a swap?

• Locked thread