Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, people typically dislike training arcs because they interrupt the plot.

Makes a world of difference when they are the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Anyone know a good page or chapter that shows the seating chart of their class?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think Horikoshi has even gone into that.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i don't appreciate these accusations of hagakure being a spy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't think any of the students are spies.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

JD posted:

It's not really detailed anywhere, but one thing that has stuck out to me is that Jirou (earjacks, 5'0") is in the second row... right behind Shouji, who is over six feet tall with wide build and multiple arms that are going to stack on top of each other. She can't see the front of the class for poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

i don't appreciate these accusations of hagakure being a spy.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's not really detailed anywhere, but one thing that has stuck out to me is that Jirou (earjacks, 5'0") is in the second row... right behind Shouji, who is over six feet tall with wide build and multiple arms that are going to stack on top of each other. She can't see the front of the class for poo poo.

probably just sonar pings

to see the board

don't think about that too much

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Can Earjacks "see" Invisigirl using some form of echolocation?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

DrSunshine posted:

Can Earjacks "see" Invisigirl using some form of echolocation?

If not already, she will by the end of the camp.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

JD posted:

Here's one from after the sports festival.

Hagakure's the only one missing from the bottom panel so I think she's in front of Bakugou.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ojiro wagging his tail!!!!

:3:

JD
Jan 11, 2003

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Here's one from after the sports festival.

Hagakure's the only one missing from the bottom panel so I think she's in front of Bakugou.

Thanks!!

Yaoyoruzu and Mineta have the cliche back row window seats

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ojiro wagging his tail!!!!

:3:

Ojiro is super cool and I'm mad we never see him do anything.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Countblanc posted:

We do know that he was the only person (other than Todoroki) to beat an entire room of villains by himself during the USJ invasion.

But yeah I like the dude.

I like pretty much all the characters, really. Just some more than others.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I'm super mad we didn't get to seem him and Iida's teacher battle. Because they are both cool and I like them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm not sure how I didn't notice before, but the last chapter made me realise that aside from relatively small spots like the attack at USJ and Stain, the entire series has been effectively nothing but training arc after training arc. It makes perfect sense consider the main cast are students, as opposed to everything else which seems to make them students because money, and Horikoshi makes it work amazingly well. It just strikes me as amazingly funny how a manga dedicated almost exclusively to the thing that in every other series gets people ridiculously mad and annoyed managed to get as popular as it did.

It's that crazy little thing known as writing, my friend.

It helps that the enemy isn't on their loving door step ready to have Tokyo get eaten by Rabbit Titans in a pg-13 remake of AoT and the last bit of Blood +

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dolly Kill Kill?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm not sure how I didn't notice before, but the last chapter made me realise that aside from relatively small spots like the attack at USJ and Stain, the entire series has been effectively nothing but training arc after training arc. It makes perfect sense consider the main cast are students, as opposed to everything else which seems to make them students because money, and Horikoshi makes it work amazingly well. It just strikes me as amazingly funny how a manga dedicated almost exclusively to the thing that in every other series gets people ridiculously mad and annoyed managed to get as popular as it did.

Dont forget that the whole story so far is also a training arc for the villain. :allears:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

JD posted:

Thanks!!

Yaoyoruzu and Mineta have the cliche back row window seats

Mineta is confirmed for protag, Yaoyorozu is love interest. Deku is protag's stupid friend.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't think any of the students are spies.
Someone's leaking info; it's been specifically mentioned a few times that somehow their class schedules/staffing/training locations/etc are getting leaked.

It'd be kinda lame if it was "he-who-has-yet-to-be-revealed-in-this-manga", so that kinda leaves either currently known faculty or students.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's Tsuyu

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Terper posted:

It's Tsuyu

That'd kill the comic.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I'm kinda hoping that the villain group was sent after the Search and Rescue Cats Team (not-TM, not-PatPend), and are going to be completely surprised when they face down the targets, some teachers, and two classes.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ConanThe3rd posted:

That'd kill the comic.
It'd be a brilliant heel-turn that would shock and infuriate like the whole fanbase probably more than if Uraraka ended up getting fridged in homage to American comic female leads.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It makes sense. She's a great fighter with barely any weaknesses, she's smart and a quick thinker, her face shows no emotion, and she's a filthy sub-human.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I can just imagine the scene, too.

It's a late afternoon and the shadows are long. Dark Mist approaches Tsuyu, holding a briefcase.

DM: So, will you do it? My benefactors are prepared to offer a ... substantial compensation.

He opens the briefcase, it's full of wads of cash. Tsuyu takes it.

TS: Sure. That sounds fine.

SFX: DOOM.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
It took me a moment longer than I'd like to admit to realize why it was TS and not TA. Or AT.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I just noticed all the good students are near the back of the classroom (or by the windows).

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

invisible girl is absolutely a remote force projection and also a badguy and spy

She's actually a projection from some old guy in his bedroom and that's his quirk. He's using it to live out his secret wish of being an upbeat high school girl.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't understand, what does that picture of a high school girl have to do with some old guy?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah sorry I hosed up my google image search.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

It'd be a brilliant heel-turn that would shock and infuriate like the whole fanbase probably more than if Uraraka ended up getting fridged in homage to American comic female leads.

Yeah, sure, but Grudgefucking the audience like that is the sort of low class work that the Nisekoi guy does.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, sure, but Grudgefucking the audience like that is the sort of low class work that the Nisekoi guy does.
I'd do that after making Double Arts and having that killed.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ConanThe3rd posted:

That'd kill the comic.

That would kill me.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fabricated posted:

Someone's leaking info; it's been specifically mentioned a few times that somehow their class schedules/staffing/training locations/etc are getting leaked.

It'd be kinda lame if it was "he-who-has-yet-to-be-revealed-in-this-manga", so that kinda leaves either currently known faculty or students.

It's especially egregious in this case because there was a total blackout. No one knew where they were going, presumably not even the other teachers.

So one of the Class A/B students must have made a call to the Villain Alliance once they reached the lodge, otherwise they'd have no idea where they were.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Unless someone has a quirk that lets them plant a bug/tracker on somebody.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Not a tracker. They knew All Might was supposed to be coming to the USJ, so they had hard information. Either an informant or some form of surveillance.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fabricated posted:

There probably is a spy, I just don't think it's one of the students - or rather, I don't think there's much point in speculating which of the students it could be at this juncture. Most of the guesswork posted here seems more informed by meta knowledge and trying to read into the genre than by anything presented in the story itself. I remember one guy speculating All Might's policeman friend was the mole because "He looked too plain," and thought that was suspicious. If the policeman does turn out to be the spy, I'm not gonna give that guy credit for calling it.

Similarly weird is this bizarre fixation people have on the prospect of Uraraka (or any other female character) getting "Fridged" which will probably not happen but doesn't stop people from worrymongering because what if it's a tribute to every single aspect of American comics!? Calm yourselves. I'd be willing to bet if you asked Kohei what getting stuffed in the fridge means he wouldn't know. Actually, I'd imagine a lot of people wouldn't know since it's just a weird term TV Tropes came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't think there's a spy. If there's an information leak then I'm just going under the assumption it's Black Mist using his powers to infiltrate the school in some way. The fact that he wasn't captured at USJ and is still hanging around with Shigaraki and AFO has to mean he's more significant than just essentially being their getaway driver, right? Unless I'm forgetting one of those "Midoriya reminisces on the past in a narration box while basically telling us what's going to happen" things which says there was definitely a spy or something.